Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Location: Vancouver, BC
We believe city living should be better. One million people a week, every week, are moving into cities. Communities should be flourishing, but concrete walls have created obscurity. Communication and information is scattered, and the only way to connect with neighbors is a small corkboard in the lobby. We can do better.
We can empower the entire community with information, make shared assets accessible, and create opportunities to enrich city living. It’s time to bring human relationships back into the places we call home. We want to change the way people live in cities, and we’d love your help.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a hands-on, experienced Database Developer/DBA to join our team and help us build an enterprise scale cloud based platform.
Working with engineering and product owners, you will help design, architect and develop the database and persistence layers of our enterprise application. You also actively monitor and tune production databases, perform operational tasks like backups etc. You will support a team of developers and will be instrumental in implementing the overall technical stack of our company. You will utilize your excellent communications skills to collaborate with the team and will strive to continuously improve the processes. This is an opportunity to grow into a leadership role as the business quickly expands. If you thrive in an agile, start-up environment and are ready to take the next step in your career, we want to hear from you!
You have prior experience in a DBA role with web-based applications and are passionate about building highly scalable complex applications. You also love a challenge, are eager to learn and strive to solve problems. You work well independently in a casual yet fast-paced team environment. You have an entrepreneurial mindset and will do what it takes to grow with our business, for the long run.
You understand that technology's main role is to empower business. You think out of the box and can come up with creative robust solutions to solve business problems.
- Architect, design and develop databases and persistence layers
- Help formulate development processes for database development and implement those processes
- Write and maintain SQL Scripts, Stored procedures, DML, DDL statements
- Monitor and tune databases
- Perform backups and regular maintenance on databases
- Keep our quality high and our risks low
- Work collaboratively within a team of various disciplines
- Manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Use judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for successful results
- Provide high quality documentation and reporting
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of experience building and maintaining SQL Server systems is required.
- Web application DBA experience and familiarity with database technologies SQL Server, T-SQL etc.
- Experience backend and database development and operational maintenance in a Microsoft.NET/SQL Server environment
- Solid knowledge and experience working in a Microsoft SQL Server environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to see things from a user’s perspective
- A passion for learning, growing and continually taking on new responsibilities
- Solid experience testing enterprise applications
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully led multiple, technical projects.
- Experience with cloud technologies like SQL Azure, Windows Azure will be an asset
- Experience with condo living an asset
We offer a rewarding and challenging career with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Visit mybazinga.com for more info. Email your cover letter and resume by January 21. Let’s make something amazing.