ARCX is a manufacturer of innovative electronic Automation Control & Monitoring products and software, used in the automotive and flexible manufacturing industries, food & beverage processing, industrial applications, workforce management terminals, and other process-oriented industries. ARCX’s unique web-enabled systems perform 24/7 in some of North America’s leading manufacturing plants and commercial offices.
With our rapid growth, we are seeking an experienced, versatile, and disciplined New Product Introduction (NPI) / Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in a key role.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
As a key member of a small, growing, high-tech company, you will have direct hands-on responsibility in this important role. You will essentially own the technical aspects of building our products, reporting directly to senior engineering management, and serving your internal customers, our production operations team: production planner, buyer, and our contract manufacturer’s engineering, assembly, & test personnel.
At the heart of our products are advanced embedded processor and high-speed digital designs, operating under Linux & Android, running our suite of web-based software applications. Your responsibilities will focus on transitioning all new electronic (hardware) products from engineering to production, including the creation of all assembly documentation (bills of materials, test procedures, mechanical assembly instructions), assisting engineers with component selection, performing hands-on product testing and configuration during beta and pre-production builds, training of assembly and test personnel at our contract manufacturer, QC of finished products, data collection and analysis of yield/quality/readiness, driving corrective actions, and product life-cycle support, from crossing obsolete components through to cost-reduction kaizens. As a growing tech-company we most value hands-on individuals with the skills & experience to help us grow from small to big.
This role requires that you be detail driven, accurate, and impeccably organized, able to document and communicate effectively, and a talent for training and supporting others to a high standard, with goodwill and patience. We value an informal, friendly, fast-paced, collaborative and results-oriented environment. If you thrive in this environment then we invite you to join our team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
New Product Introduction:
- Create bills of materials at PCB and assembly level.
- Organize and release manufacturing files to suppliers and production (gerbers, P&P/stencil files, etc.)
- Guide creation of production tooling and fixturing.
- Create assembly procedures and work instructions for all phases of circuit board assembly, Box build, and Test, and provide the training and oversight to implement such procedures.
- Assist with component engineering, and new part creation in our engineering database.
- Work with contract manufacturer on yield analysis and improvement.
- Troubleshoot production fallout for root cause.
Sustaining Engineering Support:
- Creation and implementation of ECOs into manufacturing.
- Receive and execute supplier PCNs.
- Search and qualify obsolete component substitutions.
- Direct RMAs of returned products for appropriate service.
- Track field failure and RMA statistics. Troubleshoot and assist in root cause analysis.
- Assist with any field-upgrades of products.
- Guide design engineers towards DFM and DFT.
- Participate in programs aimed at cost and cycle-time reduction, and quality improvement.
- Train in-house and external personnel in the servicing of our products.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- University Degree or Diploma in electronics or industrial engineering;
- Five+ years’ experience in electronics manufacturing of industrial or commercial products, performing similar responsibilities as above.
- Good knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes at the PCB and final assembly level.
- Familiarity with quality and workmanship standards in electronics manufacturing.
- Solid competency with software packages for the creation of assembly drawings, such as CAD, Visio, or similar. Experience with document control, database, ERP, PLM or similar would be an asset.
- Strength with Microsoft Office tools. EXCEL strength is an absolute must.
- Competency with lab equipment and tools.
- Formal training in quality or operational improvement would be an asset.
- Characteristics of detailed accuracy, highly organized, continuously learning and improving, and reliability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral. Professional, patient, and positive.
Competitive compensation package, medical/dental benefits, life/disability insurance. This is an excellent and exciting opportunity to join a growing technology company.
PLEASE APPLY TO:
E-MAIL: JOBS @ ARCX.COM Subject: NPI Engineering.
ARCX Incorporated, attn: Careers
151 Amber Street, Unit 1, Markham ON, L3R 3B3