Our Client is a mid sized Systems Integrator. Their Managed Services business provides infrastructure support and monitoring for a number of clients. This position has a number of responsibilities including the review our customer infrastructure and providing architectural direction based on the latest technologies, working closely with our Professional Services team to design new managed services offerings and also to provide technical leadership to the managed services team and assist in solving challenging technical problems.
As part of the team, you will be a member of a highly innovative solutions environment where the people are dedicated and focused on continuous learning and growth opportunities.
Our client is an organization that encourages and supports ongoing training and development opportunities. We are composed of a talented, diversified workforce that performs collectively in an entrepreneurial and flexible environment. Our staff members have access to the latest and greatest technologies in performing their daily activities. In addition, we offer an attractive compensation program and a comprehensive benefits package which includes Dental, Health Care, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Life Insurance, and Travel coverage.
- Research, design, plan and coordinate infrastructure upgrades, enhancements, improvements and/or newly required service deployments.
- Research customer infrastructure setups, assess capability and provide recommendations for dealing with performance and capacity issues, hardware and software end of life and new requirements. Present findings to customers.
- Research new products to design standardized easy to maintain Managed Services solutions.
- Participate in operational and business critical projects through the scoping, planning, execution, and implementation
- Act as an escalation point for service incidents and problems, identify risks, and provide recommendations and solutions.
- Prepare and maintain detailed documentation and server infrastructure policies, standards and diagrams
- Prepare detailed documentation and diagrams of the infrastructure.
- Take ownership of all assigned tickets and drive to resolution; researching and escalating to vendor as necessary.
- Act as a subject matter expert and mentor to other team members, as assigned, and to develop internal certification criteria and curriculum.
- Enforce and follow Our Client’s ITSM policies, procedures and best practices.
- The position will require after hours work for planned changes and incident resolution, and to provide expert level support to the IT Operations team
- a Computer Science degree or equivalent in real-world experience.
- excellent technical design and documentation skills and be able to mentor other team members and help with the design and build of various solutions.
- a superior understanding of Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, VMware and Hyper-V and be able to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems.
- expert level knowledge of Exchange, Lync and BES systems.
- experience with Sharepoint, Microsoft clusters, Citrix, web farms, ISA, TMG and other systems security products.
- a solid understanding of LAN and WAN networking
- an understanding and experience setting up and utilizing disaster recovery solutions. SRM experience is an asset.
- experience managing SANs from companies such as NetApp, HDS, IBM, 3Par and EMC.
- experience with Cisco and/or Brocade fibre switches is an asset.
- a solid understanding of UNIX and/or Linux system administration is an asset.
- good presentation skills.
- superior organization skills and a strong attention to detail.
- a willingness to learn new technologies while working in a fast changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
- be effective at managing multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure, along with proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- an in depth understanding of Active Directory Infrastructure, DNS, DHCP, IAS, Clustering services, Windows Security, deployment services, DFS and other Microsoft infrastructure services.
- a strong understanding of backup and recovery processes and applications.
- knowledge of systems security and best practices.
- a strong understanding of ITIL practices.
- Project management experience and skills are an asset.
- SQL or Oracle knowledge and skills are an asset.
- strong scripting skills are an asset.
- excellent customer service skills and a strong ability to diffuse tense customer situations and project a positive, confident outlook.
- able to participate in after hours work as required.
- Bilingual French is an asset.
Indeed - 8 months ago
Alquemy is a technology staffing and HR Outsourcing firm that provides recruitment, back office and HR solutions. We are designed for...