OTTAWA SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT GROUP (OSEG)
The Ottawa Fury FC is a Canadian professional soccer team based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Founded in 2011, the team is expected to make its debut in the North American Soccer League (NASL) in 2014.
The franchise will commence league play upon the completion of the reconstruction of Frank Clair Stadium at Lansdowne Park and will join the well-established Ottawa 67’s Major Junior hockey team of the OHL, and our CFL franchise.
We are looking for successful professionals who can join our team and be part of an organization that will change the Ottawa area sports and entertainment landscape.
Technical Director-Academy, Community and Grassroots Programs
The Technical Director is primarily responsible for the club’s technical and financial investment in player development. Core to the role is the development and execution of the club’s Player Development Pathway that outlines the Fury Academy's philosophy and commitment to all aspects of player development. The Technical Director will be responsible for the professional development and management of a team of full and part-time professional coaching and ancillary staff.
In addition, the Technical Director will ensure the Club plays a leadership role in the development of soccer in our region through effective communication with stakeholders and further enhancement and development of the club's community and grassroots programming. The Technical Director will oversee and develop programming to support the strategic goals of Ottawa Fury FC in areas of fan base development, and outreach and collaborative programs for community soccer clubs, youth, ethnic and other groups
The Technical Director will be responsible for the technical leadership, program development, financial and personnel management.
- Working with the Head Coach, further develop and refine the Ottawa Fury FC Player Development Pathway;
- Actively promote the technical vision and underlying philosophy outlined in the Fury Academy programs to stakeholders both internal and external to the Club, including technical directors, coaches, players, parents, and others;
- Act as the chief spokesperson for the club on Academy-level technical development matters, including external liaisons with governing bodies and leagues;
- Recruit, directly manage and be responsible for the professional development of the Academy's full-time and part-time coaching and related staff;
- Further develop partnerships and relationships with universities, professional clubs and provincial and national soccer organizations to drive the progression of the club’s players to a higher level.
- Oversee and develop programming to support the strategic goals of Ottawa Fury FC in areas of elite player development;
- Build on the Club’s existing development program base to create a full annual periodized development program and pathway for the club’s top talent. Establish structured, program-wide skills testing and other program quality management initiatives;
- Build partnerships with external technical service providers to create a fully integrated on-field and off-field player development program;
- Oversee and develop programming to support fan base development, and outreach and collaborative programs for community soccer clubs, schools, youth, ethnic and other groups;
- Develop and deliver program offerings such as high level camps, clinics, and other skill development programs to players and coaches in the National Capital Region.
Financial and Personnel Management
- Working within constraints and guidance provided by the President, take responsibility for the budgets for all major Academy, Community and Grassroots programs;
- Provide bi-monthly technical and financial reports to the President;
- Hire, directly manage and evaluate the performance of all part-time and full-time technical staff related to the Academy, Community and Grassroots programs;
- Review and approve all coaches timesheets, expense claims, etc. for payment;
- As a member of the Club’s senior management team, represent the interests of the technical programs and staff;
- Other tasks as directed by the President.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum National B Coaching License or international equivalent, with National A preferred;
- A Post secondary education in Recreation, Sport Management or related field is an asset;
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the field of sport administration/ management is required;
- A proven track record in the development of male and female youth soccer programs at the Academy and Grassroots levels ;
- Experience directly managing, mentoring and motivating highly qualified, elite coaching personnel;
- Experience with and a passion for the education and development of coaches at all levels;
- Experience managing technical budgets and associated cost management and reporting;
- An ability to think and plan strategically, and effectively link technical planning with broader Club goals and strategic intent;
- Strong communications skills and an ability to convey technical planning to non-technical Club stakeholders, including the parents of players;
- A team player, with an ability to operate as part of an integrated management team;
- Knowledge of the Canadian soccer landscape, the CSA's LTPD model and youth program competition structures.
The Ottawa Fury FC as part of the Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group (OSEG) is a growing sports enterprise that is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while providing our employees with an environment in which they can thrive and be part of a winning team.
We thank you in advance for your interest but will only be responding to those applicants that meet our requirements.