OTTAWA SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT GROUP (OSEG)
The Ottawa Fury FC is a Canadian professional soccer team based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Founded in 2011, the team is expected to make its debut in the North American Soccer League (NASL) in 2014.
The franchise will commence league play upon the completion of the reconstruction of Frank Clair Stadium at Lansdowne Park and will join the well-established Ottawa 67’s Major Junior hockey team of the OHL, and our CFL franchise.
We are looking for successful professionals who can join our team and be part of an organization that will change the Ottawa area sports and entertainment landscape.
Program Administrator, Academy, Community and Grassroots Programs
The Program Administrator is primarily responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Technical Director. Core to the role is the management and administration of Fury FC Academy, Community and Grassroots Programs in an effective and efficient manner. The Program Administrator is responsible for ensuring that all programming operates in line with the strategy, policies and budgetary constraints as set out by the President and Technical Director as well as the rules and regulations of soccer
The Program Administrator will be responsible for the following:
- Function effectively as the front office “go to” operations person for all Ottawa Fury FC Academy, Community and Grassroots programming;
- Registration of all players and others as required with the EODSA, OSA, CSA, USL and other soccer governing bodies including provincial and international transfer requirements where necessary.
- Ensures that all required fees (registration, membership, insurance, etc.) are paid promptly;
- Draw up budget estimates for review and approval by the Technical Director for all Academy, Community and Grassroots events, activities and programs;
- Monitor and ensure adherence to budgetary requirements and constraints for all Academy, Community and Grassroots events, activities and programs. Provide periodic reports to the Technical Director;
- Maintain highly collaborative working relationships with other OSEG and OSEG Sports personnel to ensure effective communication and execution is maintained in areas including but not limited to marketing, payroll, accounts receivable and payable, etc.;
- Prepare, coordinate and execute training, game, camp and tournament schedules in coordination with the Technical Director, coaching staff, leagues, referee coordinators and facility providers as required;
- Maintain a player information database for all participants in the Fury Academy programs;
- Manage equipment, apparel and equipment as needed for teams and events;
- Effectively communicate logistics, operational decisions and information to all stakeholders;
- Other tasks as directed by the Technical Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Post secondary education in Recreation, Sport Management or related field is required;
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the field of sport administration/ management is required;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently;
- Ability to compose clear, concise and information correspondence;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage high-stress situations and individuals;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment;
- Ability to be flexible and work efficiently in a fast paced and changing environment;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Must be driven and able to be pro-active.
The Ottawa Fury FC, as part of the Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group (OSEG) is a growing sports enterprise that is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while providing our employees with an environment in which they can thrive and be part of a winning team.
We thank you in advance for your interest but will only be responding to those applicants that meet our requirements.