OTTAWA SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT GROUP
Based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada the Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group (OSEG) owns and operates three sports franchises in the CFL, NASL and OHL and will operate a newly-renovated Lansdowne Park which includes a state of the art arena and stadium.
Our CFL franchise and Ottawa Fury FC of the NASL are set to launch in 2014 and will join our well-established Ottawa 67’s Major Junior hockey team of the OHL. Lansdowne Park will be a hub of activity in the center of our nations’ capital with 75 to 100 events annually.
We are looking for successful professionals who can join our team and be part of an organization that will change the Ottawa area sports and entertainment landscape.
General Manager, Facilities
Lansdowne Park is currently being rebuilt and refurbished with a scheduled re-opening date of June 2014. OSEG will manage Lansdowne Park for the next 30 years on behalf of our partner, the City of Ottawa.
This is a unique facilities management opportunity as Lansdowne will be a mixed-use stadium and arena, and will include 400,000 square feet of retail operations in the heart of the nation’s capital city on the banks of the historic Rideau Canal.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the General Manager, Facilities will operate as a key member of the OSEG senior management team and will be responsible for building a team which is capable of directing and managing all of OSEG’s events management and gameday operations which includes food and beverage, parking, facilities management and retail operations.
The General Manager, Facilities will be responsible for all aspects of OSEG’s Lansdowne Park facility management requirements.
This is expected to include:
- Working closely with construction and project management personnel during the completion of the refurbishment of the stadium to ensure the facility can be effectively managed once open and operational;
- Planning, organizing, and directing all activities and personnel engaged in maintaining and operating the facility;
- Developing systems and processes to ensure that highly qualified facilities operations staff are hired, trained, managed and retained;
- Managing and overseeing:
the procurement and booking of activities and events (including concerts and other shows) evaluating, negotiating contracts and agreements with industry agents and associates;
our outsourced food and beverage relationship and operations including concessions, in-seat service, luxury-seat and suite services and catering;
parking management and facilities maintenance operations which may include self-managed or outsourced activities;
the outsourced retail relationship and operations;
event-day operations and personnel such as box office, event security, ushers, ticket takers, parking attendants and conversion and cleaning crews; and
financial and operational reporting systems for all areas of responsibility.
- Managing the 24/7 security operations;
- Creating all policies and procedures related to facility operations and health and safety;
- Continuously recommending enhancements which will improve the efficiency and profitability of the facility and improve the safety of operations;
- Developing standard operating policies, procedures and best practices for all operational functions, e.g. finance, ticket office, parking, maintenance, administration, food and beverage, retail and related areas;
- Controlling day-to-day operations and ensuring the successful coordination of plans, programs and events; and
- Conducting post-event operational and financial reviews and analysis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience managing a large facility in the sports or entertainment industry;
- Significant experience building, managing and motivating teams of employees;
- Experience managing and overseeing major non-recurring events (i.e. concerts, sporting events, other);
- A Bachelor’s degree with relevant courses in sports/entertainment/facilities management is an asset;
- Financial acumen and the ability to develop and manage within budgets, develop reporting systems and evaluate event and building initiatives and opportunities;
- Ability to handle numerous high level tasks concurrently;
- Great communications skills and an ability to operate as a key member of our management team and work collaboratively with their department and the overall organization;
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving and creative solutions;
- Uncompromising integrity and set of morals;
- A highly motivated individual who welcomingly accepts the challenges of building a high-functioning team in an environment that is fun, but demanding, and where structure is a work in progress;
- A customer and service-oriented individual who can also balance their responsibilities to bring discipline, structure and process to our organization;
- A detailed-oriented individual who understands hard work while maintaining a “bigger picture” view of the organizational goals;
- A strong proficiency with business tools such as MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; and
- A passion for helping us making Lansdowne Park operations and our customers’ experience world-class.
Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group (OSEG) is a growing sports enterprise that is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while providing our employees with an environment in which they can thrive and be part of a winning team.
We thank you in advance for your interest but we will be responding only to those applicants that meet our requirements.