Orckestra is looking for an Accounting Technician, who will be working under the supervision of the controller. The technician will have as a primary function to complete monthly auditing, reconciliation of invoices and up keeping the general ledger. The position also calls upon the preparation of payments to suppliers according to the specified terms. The Accountant Technician will also participate in the implementation of a new accounting system.
We are currently looking for a candidate with a passion for numbers and problem resolution, as well as someone who is looking to join a fast growing team. If you are known for you professionalism, your team spirit and for being detail oriented, this role is for you.
- Complete accounting cycle including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation;
- Prepare journal entries and reconciling accounts, prepare the trial balance and manage the general ledger;
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements, including consolidated financial statements;
- Prepare the year-end audit file;
- Analyze financial data and provide recommendations on a timely basis;
- Participate in various special projects;
- Undertake other miscellaneous accounting functions.
- DEC in Accounting completed
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong ERP experience and knowledge (GP Microsoft)
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work with little supervision
- French-English: Bilingual