ZYNGA

ZYNGA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work Hard, Play Harder
Senior Game Designer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: hard working colleagues, puppies at work, a large gym, and wonderful food
Cons: city traffic and commute, no 401k, bonuses are for management
Colleagues mostly trickle into the office between 9 and 10am and fill racks near the entrance walls with bicycles. The environment is colorful and friendly with large banners representing the company's portfolio of projects. Each desk is personalized by its occupant. The conference rooms are named and themed after nearby game teams. Kitchens an cafes – more... are fully stocked and puppies greet each other during breaks at a dog park on the roof. Most people put in a little more than 50 hours a week and everyone works REALLY hard. – less
Fun, casual and exciting workplace
Mobile Studio Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: free food & drinks, casual environment, dogs @ work, working from home
Cons: commute distance for me (personally) from roseville to sf
A typical day would consist of calendar management, handling executive schedules and meetings, travel arrangements, meeting preparation and budget/expense procurement. I would be engaged with executives and co-workers on a daily basis.
Not bad, but not all good
QA Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: completely focused on metrics only.
I have spent 6 years at Zynga and I have watched t change. When I started out it was a great place to work with lots of perks. As Zynga grew they have lost sight of their own company values. They no longer seem interested in the people who work there and are 100% focused only on market value and penetration.
Great place
Executive Assistant to the SVP of Games (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 2, 2014
Pros: free food, great benefits and amazing healthcare
I love working here. Unfortunately, I had to move to Texas due to family reasons, so I had to leave.
fun work atmosphere
Product Management Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 25, 2014
- free meals
- fun workplace
- engaging team members
- good communication
Nice people, great place, uninspired games
Production Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 30, 2013
I know Zynga's reputation isn't exactly sterling as of late, but my experience working at their headquarters in SF was wonderful. Everyone I met was incredibly nice, the employee accommodations were top notch, and despite being the young intern I felt like the work I did was important.
The general issue I detected is that (at least in my department) – more... no one was fired up about the game we were in charge of making. Mind you, there wasn't any real negativity present in meetings, but there felt to be a general malaise and confusion about what we were making.
That's not to say that I wasn't surrounded by sharp, talented people. Rather, I felt that our efforts would have been better put to use on a game project with a more clear vision of what would make it fun.

In short: Great environment, nice and talented people, a bit unfocused vision. – less
Fun work place
Contracted UI / UX Designer (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 4, 2013
Pros: great food court
Scrum daily. Weekly team building. Not enough transparency for teams to sharing game assets within company.
LA studio was the best place I worked (so far)
Flash/PHP Engineer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 19, 2013
During the interview I saw how well this team worked together. 90% was ex-EALA employees. My boss was very VERY conscious about work live balance and though out my 2 years there it showed. The skill and talent of the entire team was immense, I never though I'd have a chance to work with such veterans.
Work and games
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 24, 2013
A great company to work for who offer great benefits.

Most days were laid back and had a great vibe.
Fun work place
QA Engineer (Current Employee), BangaloreAugust 5, 2013
It's a good company and if you are foody then you will love working here.
I have many years of excellent experience
Senior System Administrator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 15, 2013
I have many years of excellent experience in the information technology field. During this period, I have developed and refined my skills in many areas including system administration, networking, managing installations and configurations
Superb people, culture, and perks. Unfortunate management/leadership issues
Remote Site Support Lead (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches, flexible vacation, world-class colleagues
Cons: management/leadership issues.
Wonderful place to work when it came to the caliber of the people. There's so much to say about Zynga that I unfortunately won't even begin to babble...
Glory days are gone and it is a sinking ship
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2013
Pros: free food, bring your dog to work, lots of free t-shirts, fun coworkers
Cons: no job stability, work life balance isn't there
The early days were fantastic. Pay was strong, career advancement was great, perks were better than 99% of companies out there. Unfortunately the company is now in its downswing and has been sinking for some time.

Work life balance is difficult in a San Francisco based game studio. Do everything in your power to get onto a profitable game team for – more... your job security. Those that find themselves on unproven projects or in remote studios are at high risk for layoffs and will not get as much pay or bonuses as other teams. – less
Good pay, short work
Game Tester (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 8, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: temporary
The job turned out to be temporary but I received fantastic pay. The workforce was average, no complaints.
Sweat shop
QA Lead (Former Employee), SF CAApril 19, 2013
Typical day you get no respect. I learned nothing from them. Management is non existent. Hardest part of the job was quitting.
good snacks !!
Art Outsourcing Producer - ZYNGA (Former Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, CAApril 2, 2013
Working on the creative central services team is a great place to be at Zynga. This team is part of many game titles in production within the company and works with a diverse amount of people across the teams.
Overworked and under appreciated
QA Engineer III (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: unplanned overtime. side promotions with no pay raises. 1 year contract
A typical day consisted of writing and executing test plans. Testing features. Writing and regressing bugs. Meetings with developers and producers to discuss the days expectations. Daily smoke tests followed by unplanned overtime almost nightly. The hardest part of the job was not knowing what time my shift would end. The most enjoyable part was working – more... with friends from previous jobs. – less
creative workplace with enthusiastic people willing to go above and beyond for the next innovative game
Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 1, 2013
- informative daily meetings to keep track of a team's progress
- constant communication amongst co-workers to keep things up to task
- flexibility for interns to be creative but advice is always readily available
Good experience but crazy long hours
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 11, 2012
Pros: free lunches, free snacks
Cons: long hours, job security worries
Overall I felt like I gained a lot of knowledge in the past year in software development, but it came at some costs.

Some weeks the hours were fine, but some weeks you would get stuck working 12-14 hr days which made it rough for work/personal life balance. As a contractor you were not allowed to go to any of the special events that sometimes helped/confirmed – more... that the long days you put in was worth it and appreciated.

I will say my direct management was amazing and very transparent with their decision making. – less
Productive and Fun place to work!
QA Engineer (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2012
Responsibilities:
•Thorough analysis of business requirements, gap analysis
•Create and execute test cases for assigned feature
•Communicate issues, risks and test status in a timely and detailed manner
•Determine root cause of issues found
•Effectively collaborate with team members to achieve the best results
•Contribute to a culture of innovation – more... and quality across the Zynga Quality organization – less