Zurich North America

Zurich North America Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Incompetent, belittling HR management
HR Services (Former Employee), SchaumburgMay 28, 2013
Pros: location, some benefits (not medical)
Cons: poor management, specifically hr; culture is non motivating
Talk about a messed up HR department! The leaders (heads) who have no HR background, belittle employees to make them feel like dumb, and turnover that makes a McDonald’s turnover look amazing. Constant yelling, excessive use of profanity, and lack of being able to run basic HR functions, like payroll and recruiting. You’ll be asked to do unethical things, – more... just tossed excessive work, and given no explanation of what is expected. Perhaps one day, this organization will learn about their poorly functioning departments instead of sweeping it under the rug. – less
Horrible Horrible Recruiting Department in Schaumburg, IL
Recruiter (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMay 9, 2013
Pros: worst managers
Cons: the company itself is great to work for.
This department is poorly managed. Turn over is high and the overall work environment is very negative. The two managers running the department bully and talk poorly about their employees to other staff members. It was just an awful experience.
Wonderful place striving for Exellence daily
CCP 1 (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 30, 2013
Pros: the people, culture, experience
Cons: commute, they are located on the north side of colorado springs
I really liked working here. A typical day in the Zurich Care Center is processing claims into our database for the adjusters to handle. Management is always there for you, and willing to help you grow into a better employee. The co-workers here are all very friendly and helpful. I would say everything about the Care Center is enjoyable, from the people – more... to the work. I really like coming to work and helping customers with their issues. – less
Competent management needed
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: low morale; management
I was very disappointed in the management team in the office. It seems that the focus is numbers only; not making sure that ALL the employees are happy and not just a select few; and the select got what they wanted and left.
Higher level adjusters have resigned because the work load is so heavy which leaves other adjusters vulnerable and have to shoulder – more... the blame for decisions both upper and middle management have made. The brokers are allowed too much input in claims activity and Zurich will not back its employees. We had really good employees and management ran them away to the point of a skeleton crew. If you want to have the proper tools to do your job and learn at the same time, Zurich is not the place. They promise the moon but do not deliver. – less
Good opportunity for advancement
Assistant Vice President - Branch Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 22, 2013
Employs talented and hard working people. Developing more of a regional employment approach in recent years.
Learned a lot about collections and insurance
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 9, 2013
a typical day at work was collecting on pastdue items and handling any discrepancies and disputes.
Horrible Experience
Claim Shared Services (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 5, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: terrible management, office politics, no room for advancement
Very unprofessional and uneducated manager. She can barely speak English and plays favorites in the office. A typical day of work involves wondering what to do because she doesn't clearly explain what kind of work you are supposed to do, what are your expectations, and how to do the job right. I can't understand how they can have a manager in place – more... who barely speaks English and its not a leader. – less
Good company
Account Representative II (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 2, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Enjoy working. Had to leave due to downsizing. Missed the good benefits and have not found a company that matches it.
very disorganized
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee), Zürich, ZHMarch 26, 2013
Cons: they were not ready to set up our team
They were attempting to set up a professional liability team in Texas, but they were not ready to deploy their product in an effective way. Therefore we only wrote very few policies and felt it was a waste of time.
Wonderful Place to work
MSE Team Lead (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 6, 2013
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: none really
One of the best places you could ever work. The energy is always positive and everybody is always friendly.
Although there is a lot flexibility, overall very poor company to work fo
Claim Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: benefits, management inept, unorganized
The Atlanta office is very unorganized. The turnover is very high. Level 2 reps leave the company only to be replaced with trainees. All of the experienced management staff have all resigned and new inept managers are in place. Initially, I believed it was just the Atlanta office that lacked leadership. However, I have come to know it is company wide. – more... This large company operates like a small nonstandard company with about ten employees. Benefits are horrible. Company is self insured so they are trying the keep the expenses low. If you are offered a position, run don't walk in the opposite direction. – less
Great organization where you can sharpen your financial skills
Business Intern (Former Employee), Hong Kong, HKIFebruary 25, 2013
Do not know well because I worked in Asia. Great organization where you can sharpen your financial skills
Same as previous
Property Claims Specialist II (Former Employee), Colorado SpringsFebruary 18, 2013
Same as previous review i have already posted, must be an error in the system? Good company, lower pay, always looking to cut costs, but not untypical.
Very fast-paced environment, working with brokers, account executive, and insured's
Governance Performance Analyst (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: employee benefits- global industry
Cons: healthcare
Never a typical day in the role of a Governance Analyst. Work closely with outsourced team in India and Poland through reporting, emails, and weekly conference calls.
Great co-workers
The ability to create, assist, and resolve are the most enjoyable aspects of this job.
Enjoyed my career with Zurich NA
WC Senior Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, Ga.February 11, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: unable to socialize with vendors
Begins at 7:00am
Updates on WC Laws
Micro-management
Great co-workers
Balancing work and home life
Resolving Claims
Enlightening place w/nice surroundings.
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: a cafeteria.
Cons: the company has no diversity at all.
I was never bored. I learned something new each day in all aspects. My closest associates at work were very kind and experienced.
Productive and challenging work environment
Processing Technician (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJanuary 30, 2013
Zurich was a great place to work. I felt challenged in my work and that was rewarding. I learned about the different facets of the insurance industry. During my time there I received a Bronze Award for my work.
This used to be a good company
Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: empolyees who care
Cons: senior management that only cares about this quarters bonus.
Zurich in Omaha used to be a good place to work. Only thing left is some nice employees. Speculation is that Zurich wants to close the Omaha office as there are about 1/2 the people there compared to when I started. Zurich seems to be working an active plan to move jobs to Schamberg and KC, and out of Omaha.

The have eliminated some very good IT systems – more... and replaced them with outsourced systems from corporate supported from india that are huge steps backward making it much harder to get the work done. When employees complained how bad the systems were, they were told to 'get or board' or you will be fired. One senior claims examiner refered to the new systems as 'horrible'.

Senior management only seems to care about their short term bonuses, and moral is terrible. Employees are treated more as cost centers than as employees.

Most good employees are actively looking for new positions outside the company. Claim examiners routinely have far more claims than they are supposed to, making it an impossible task to take care of customers.

Stay away from this place and all of Zurich if you can. It's truely sad to see how Swiss management has ruined what used to be a good place to work. – less
No job security
Customer Service (Former Employee), Overland ParkJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: some nice people remaining from the uug days. decent pay.
Cons: zurich is ruthless and unfair in management and hr matters.
When it was Universal Underwriters, it was the best place I'd ever worked. When Zurich took over, it became one of the worst. There is no job security. Watch your back, because it becomes survival of the nastiest. Managers advise you to keep your resume up to date. Management doesn't do much. Some get ahead by sleeping with their bosses. Certain small – more... groups are protected by management, while other good workers are sacrificed. – less
Productive work place
Facilities Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: work at your own pace
Cons: huge work load
Support, manage, and oversee multiple offices within a geographic zone with the focus of managing, analyzing and implementing cost containment measures and operational processes in support of ZNA Global platform.

About Zurich North America

Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in – Read more

Zurich North America Photos