Zurich North America

Zurich North America Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work and grow your career.
Underwriting Support Supervisor (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 10, 2013
Pros: growth potential, balanced work life, great benifits
Management is a top priority and they understand the necessity of quality leadership and results it brings out through their employees. I truly enjoyed going to work everyday. My position had deadlines and quarterly numbers to hit. Yes it was stressful and taxing but I knew we could get the work done as a team.

Zurich is very proactive in growing and retaining their employees, they genuinely care. They are flexible with employees especially working mothers. Zurich gets involved with the communities around them, and have 5 core charities they work with and support, with the help and enthusiasm of their employees.
I Would pass....it will require all of your life...dont plan a vacation
Risk engineering/Account Cooordination (Former Employee), Spokane, WAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: pay is ok
Cons: computer software, regional management, executive management, production plans, budgets..etc
I would go off but there are so many that have stated exactly what I would have written...its truly sad....but makes me feel so much better. As I tried to explain to management while trying to accomplish impossible tasks in unreasonable time frames, I see that other employees from the same branch I was employed and many others had the same remarks.....management made me feel like I was the problem and basically bullied me into quitting. I also was harrassed while employed there...chose to say nothing as it would have only made things worse...and HR rarely would do anything about anything in the first place.....I would take it off my list of prospective empolyers unless complicated inefficient systems, whacked production plans and mass chaos are your thing...and plan on working well over 40 hours in a week.....you will have to in order to even come close to the production expectation
Productive and just a great place to work at.
Claims Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2013
Pros: getting to meet with our clients and hearing great things we have done for them.
Cons: sometimes can be very busy, and not much time meeting with co workers to help each other out with issues they may have.
Everyone is smiling and happy, management is great, they listen and help you grow into something bigger and better. They want all to succeed in their jobs.
Overall a strong company with good key values
Senior Risk Engineering Consultant (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 1, 2013
Pros: co-workers in construction risk engineering
Cons: disconnect between upper level corporate and boots on the ground
My position was fairly autonomous, and involved a great deal of travel throughout New England and across the country. Primary focus was construction safety, a very small subset of the over 55k employee company.

The company had strong values at a corporate level, but appeared to change direction at a mid level management range every 18-24 months or so. Some changes, such as titles, were easier to adapt to, others, such as data management processes, were more difficult. Primary difficulty came from "knowing" (longer tenured employees would say "wait, it will change again") that highly touted changes were likely to be fleeting in the scheme of things.

Most co-workers were great to work with, extremely experienced, and committed to construction safety. You always knew what you were going to get - these folks wore their hearts on their sleeves, and typically became friends - they made Zurich (Construction Risk Engineering) a great place to work.
Looking for customer service , mailroom
Senior Lead Customer Service (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 27, 2013
Greeting in a professional customer service manner as customers enter store facility
• •Selling a quantity of sprint long distance to new and existing customers through out
• Guiding customer through different choices of cell phone selection
• Keeping and maintaining best customer service skills , giving the customer the satisfaction they need
I liked working for ZNA.
Accounting Temporary (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILSeptember 25, 2013
This was a temporary assignment which was originally supposed to last a few weeks, but they kept me for almost a year.
,,,,
Insurance Assistant / Customer service agent (Former Employee), dubaiSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: great environement
Cons: long hours
Amazing experience
.............................................
Wonderful, Caring Management
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 19, 2013
I loved my job and would still be working there if our contract had not been sold.
I liked this job a lot. I learned a lot there
Comercial Rater II (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSSeptember 19, 2013
I issued new business, renewals & endorsements for commercial insurance policies for every state
Benefits were never an issue as this was a temporary assignment
Underwriting Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 19, 2013
Pros: supervisor and colleagues were team players
Cons: this was a 2-year temporary job via agency; no benefits
I had to play "catch-up" for a new branch of Zurich North America: Environmental Insurance. The team I had been assigned to (via Spherion) had relocated from Atlanta to establish the Boston branch. I used my skills from previous assignments to reconcile their database of applicants for insurance.
Insurance Company
Recruiting Operations Manager (Former Employee), ILSeptember 5, 2013
Insurance Company along with financial services. IL is NA headquarters.
Good benefits
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILSeptember 1, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to work with Senior Staff
A great company that needs better leadership and improved management
Risk Engineer (Former Employee), Los AngelesAugust 31, 2013
Pros: big company, large and diverse client network, international business
Cons: financial stress, poor morale, high turnover, complex and inefficient computer systems
The recent suicide of the CFO and resignation of a board member has brought to light the tense environment that many employees have to endure while working at this company. High turnover and low morale have been prevalent over the last year as Zurich tries to make its numbers not to mention inefficient and complex data systems. Hopefully, the company can improve its management culture and attract quality people in the near future. Financial lookout for this year is mixed as Zurich did not meet its financial goals with a drop in income.
Great managenment.
Tax Accountant (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 27, 2013
Flexible working hours. Great benefits; Medical, dental, etc.
Great company to work for with lots of perks.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2013
Great company to work for. Lots of perks for employees such as sponsored 1 Jaguar game yearly, Christmas bonuses and yearly honey bake ham. Great benefits with generous PTO time. Department book of business sold to Farmers.
Excellet place to work.
Commercial General Liability Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJAugust 19, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: work / life balance is difficult
The company was wonderful. I worked for a subsidiary, Universal Underwriters and eventually for Zurich North America. The time is was there the company, the managers, and my co-workers were all excellent. If you have expectations to learn and grow it can be done. The benefits are fantastic, management and upper management all wanted the employees to succeed, but you have to put the time in.
I just like it!
Personal Financial Planner Intern (Former Employee), Hong Kong, HKIAugust 14, 2013
very strong and professional management team
co-workers are friendly
a enjoyable working environment
Very Professional environment many advancements
Cash Flow Specialist II (Former Employee), Schaumburg, IllinoisAugust 14, 2013
Pros: stips annually, open door policy with management, invaluable relationships
Cons: outsourcing of employment
A typical day at Zurich is never typical. There are always deadlines to be met, which made the job challenging. Zurich offers a variety of opportunities to think on you feet. While working at Zurich I learned an invaluable amount about the Insurance and Finance Industry how in some ways they are one. I also gathered a vast amount about the operations of the company. I can not really say there is a hard part of the job since I am adaptable and in this industry you have to be. I was taught that at Zurich. The most enjoyable part was the ability to sustain long life friendships with the co-workers.
Sales and Service Consultant and Relief Trainer
Sales and Service Consultant and Relief Trainer (Former Employee), Fareham, UKAugust 13, 2013
Overall a great place to work, good people, excellent training and support
very corporate, takes a long time to get things done
Finance and Insurance Executive (Former Employee), Missoula, MTAugust 9, 2013
lot of windshield time getting to accounts, worked with personnel and dealer to increase revenue within the finance office and overall dealership departments.

About Zurich North America

Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in – Read more

Zurich North America Photos