Zurich North America

Zurich North America Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great co-workers
Medical Bill Review Nurse (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 18, 2014
Pros: pleasant work environment.
Cons: work became routine and somewhat boring.
Spent the day reviewing workers' compensation medical bills for accuracy and relatedness to the injury. Became a mentor for new hires and a trainer for off-shore reviewers.
excellent
Authorized Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Dubai, DUMarch 11, 2014
Pros: excellent
Cons: excellent
This company is very good, good co worker relationship, management are very nice and working hard for competition
Great Company
Claims (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 6, 2014
Zurich is a Great Company to work for; Loved the Company itself and the people I worked with.
Horrible management and morale
Account Executive/Outside Sales (Current Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 6, 2014
The benefits are very good. The management works on fear alone and continually are pushing you to do MUCH more, even if you're a top performer. There is no work-life balance.

The co-workers were good people, but the management is very poor and condescending.
A great company with attracting culture
Internship / Financial Product Department (Former Employee), Hong Kong, HKIMarch 1, 2014
During the internship, my main job is to create a life insurance product specifically intended for prospective parents based on investigation. We composed a business proposal and built a multivariable regression model that forecasted the profits of the company. With our product, we helped the company to increase its profits by about 5 percent with the – more... product, presented to the VP.

The working hours in Zurich is extremely high. I worked about about 15 hours per day during the internship. – less
Very good company and nice place to work for.
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: companies benefits is excellent
Cons: short breaks and short lunch
Fun workplace environment. People are helpful and friendly. Management is excellent in my last year with them.
Nice place to work
Contract Recruiter (Current Employee), Schaumburg ILFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: ymca in the basement
Cons: open cubes
Fast paced and fun environment. recruit folks at all levels doing full life cycle recruitment
el mejor empleo que tuve en mi vida
vendedora (Former Employee), San Justo, BFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: poca remuneracion
Cons: cobraba poco
empezar la mañana leyendo un buen libro desayunando con mis compañeros antes de abrir el local .mis colegas y mis jefes los mejores recuerdos de ellos ..lo mas dificil aprender las caracteristica y las diferencias del oro.lo que mas me gusto fue la calidad de vida que tuve en ese lapso de trabajo ..para mi hasta ahora el mejor de todos .zurich joyeria.
Quality Insurance Company
WC Senior Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: long extra hours
A typical day at work was diary, three point contacts on new claims, treat, make payments, investigate, carry the claim to its fullest to close the file by settling and litigation.

Learned to be on a particular schedule and regimen. I was Rated excellent with clients and customers.

Team player with co-workers.

Constant learning and updating.

Satisfaction – more... of carrying out my claims, dealing with claimants, clients, investigators, lawyers and nurses. – less
buen trabajo
Atención al público y tareas administrativas (Former Employee), Córdoba, XFebruary 7, 2014
Me encanto este trabajo, el ambiente era bueno y la paga también. Mis compañeros de trabajo muy buenos.
Not a good Company to work for
Claims Support (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Zurich Claims Department in Schaumburg, Zurich's Management was very incompetent, and HR very unfair. Management had favorites and only those favorites would advance. 2 co-workers would never do their job-- I would end up covering for them----guess who was hired?
This company should never CLAIM to be an Equal Employment Employer!!!!!
Wonderful place to work.
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: a huge company to work for with plenty of advancement opportunities.
Cons: job was eliminated and outsourced to poland
Plenty of opportunity for advancement within the company. Spent 25 years working there and would still be there if my position wasn't outsourced to Poland.
Its my client I worked for
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJanuary 6, 2014
I worked for this client when I worked for Applabs. One of the prestigious clients.
Great Place to work
Commercial Specialties Underwriting Assistant III (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2013
Management and staff was very enjoyable to work for.Management and staff was very enjoyable to work for
Insurance support
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 27, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: i loved my position
Being positioned to carry out detailed instructions and was able to accomplished each task given.

Being in a management position to supervise other employees.

There was nothing complicated about the job

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people
Work Environment
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Dubai, DUNovember 21, 2013
Great place to work with excellent people around to make you smile every day
7+years of experience in mainframe
Production Support & Maintenance (Current Employee), Kuala Lumpur, M14November 17, 2013
HI,
I am having 7 plus years of experience in mainframe production support projects as well as development projects.
I learned a great deal while working at Zurich. It was a very productive step in my career.
Senior Contract Analyst (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJNovember 13, 2013
Pros: job satisfaction. teamwork environment.
Excellent Company to work for. I furthered my knowledge of the insurance industry. Very nice and supportive coworkers. Very busy position. Good management. Enjoyed interacting with the Producers and Clients as well as drafting contracts and endorsements.
Not a job for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 12, 2013
Pros: catered events
Cons: forced overtime, turn over rate is high, poor pay
The management has no clue what they are doing. There is no chance to advance within the company, only within the call center. There is a high turn over rate there due to the management issues.
Sweat Shop
Claims (Former Employee), Addison, TXNovember 7, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: everything else
The worst organization I've worked for. The office culture was unbelievablely unprofessional.
The client was not properly serviced and management spent more time and effort performance managing employees rather than training and development.

About Zurich North America

Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in – Read more

Zurich North America Photos