Zurich North America

Zurich North America Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not a good Company to work for
Claims Support (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Zurich Claims Department in Schaumburg, Zurich's Management was very incompetent, and HR very unfair. Management had favorites and only those favorites would advance. 2 co-workers would never do their job-- I would end up covering for them----guess who was hired?
This company should never CLAIM to be an Equal Employment Employer!!!!!
Wonderful place to work.
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: a huge company to work for with plenty of advancement opportunities.
Cons: job was eliminated and outsourced to poland
Plenty of opportunity for advancement within the company. Spent 25 years working there and would still be there if my position wasn't outsourced to Poland.
Its my client I worked for
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJanuary 6, 2014
I worked for this client when I worked for Applabs. One of the prestigious clients.
Great Place to work
Commercial Specialties Underwriting Assistant III (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2013
Management and staff was very enjoyable to work for.Management and staff was very enjoyable to work for
Insurance support
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 27, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: i loved my position
Being positioned to carry out detailed instructions and was able to accomplished each task given.

Being in a management position to supervise other employees.

There was nothing complicated about the job

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people
Work Environment
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Dubai, DUNovember 21, 2013
Great place to work with excellent people around to make you smile every day
7+years of experience in mainframe
Production Support & Maintenance (Current Employee), Kuala Lumpur, M14November 17, 2013
HI,
I am having 7 plus years of experience in mainframe production support projects as well as development projects.
I learned a great deal while working at Zurich. It was a very productive step in my career.
Senior Contract Analyst (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJNovember 13, 2013
Pros: job satisfaction. teamwork environment.
Excellent Company to work for. I furthered my knowledge of the insurance industry. Very nice and supportive coworkers. Very busy position. Good management. Enjoyed interacting with the Producers and Clients as well as drafting contracts and endorsements.
Not a job for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 12, 2013
Pros: catered events
Cons: forced overtime, turn over rate is high, poor pay
The management has no clue what they are doing. There is no chance to advance within the company, only within the call center. There is a high turn over rate there due to the management issues.
Sweat Shop
Claims (Former Employee), Addison, TXNovember 7, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: everything else
The worst organization I've worked for. The office culture was unbelievablely unprofessional.
The client was not properly serviced and management spent more time and effort performance managing employees rather than training and development.
It was a TERRIFIC place to work years ago; it was the best place I ever worked!!
Employee (Former Employee), Edina, MNOctober 29, 2013
Not sure what the organization is like currently, have heard mixed reviews.
Account Analyst (Former Employee), Z├╝rich, ZHOctober 27, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: being micro manged
I worked with a great team who was very focused on meeting our goals. Before I left, we were no longer compensated for meeting goals due to changes in management. You were also compared to others in your dept and their skill set and expected to be the same type of performer. I love it when you are recognized for the differences that you bring to the – more... team.
What I learned in this department was that management styles can make a world of difference to a team. My co-workers were hard working individuals. Most of which, had a team spirit. Others loved to point out the faults of others. The hardest part of this job was dealing with some, not so pleasant, personalities. The most enjoyable part was coming to a point in my life and knowing that I was no longer moving in the direction that the company was going feeling a peace of mind about moving on. – less
Company has great benefits
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 26, 2013
Zurich has great benefits.
N/A
Exciting opportunities
Great Employees
Busy Phone Days
Customer Care Professional I (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 21, 2013
Pros: not getting the same answer from everyone
Cons: healthcare and benefits
If you like working in call centers this is probably one of the best ones, you don't have to deal with to many rude customers but you do deal with death every once in a while in a GL, Auto or WC claim. The training is not up to par though I thought I could have used a little more training because once you are on the floor its hard to get your questions – more... answered. – less
Knowledgeable great working team with Global Relationship Leaders
Administrative Assistant/Contractor (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 20, 2013
Pros: fun work invironment
Cons: was a contractor
RCT Database
n/a
Challenging
n/a
New projects

Was looking for a long term relationship to build within Zurich but CFO of the department relocated to another Country which was not an opportunity for me to grow.
poor staffing, poor working conditions, and non responsive mgt
claim professionaal (Former Employee), Addison, TXOctober 20, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: staffing, poor work conditions, management lack of control of the operation
this place was a zoo. employees called on an anonymous hotlne daily to report the most ridiculous things i have ever heard. hr was reactive. the local hr manager was judgmental, partial, reactionary, and made subjective rulings based upon personal processes. the avp refused to be proactive and allowed the office to sink to a low level. finally bold – more... employees reported horrible work conditions, poor staffing, and unbearable work conditions to local agents which lead to the ceo being called on the carpet. – less
This was contracted work and work was not always plentiful.
Boiler Inspector (Former Employee), New England areaOctober 14, 2013
Pros: working from home
Cons: the software was new and not always correct.
I travel via automobile within the New England area.I worked from my home which was very convenient and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was that the equipment I inspected was not always up to date on the national software. This added extra work and challenge to the job. The management was very pleasant and helpful.
Great place to work and grow your career.
Underwriting Support Supervisor (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 10, 2013
Pros: growth potential, balanced work life, great benifits
Management is a top priority and they understand the necessity of quality leadership and results it brings out through their employees. I truly enjoyed going to work everyday. My position had deadlines and quarterly numbers to hit. Yes it was stressful and taxing but I knew we could get the work done as a team.

Zurich is very proactive in growing and – more... retaining their employees, they genuinely care. They are flexible with employees especially working mothers. Zurich gets involved with the communities around them, and have 5 core charities they work with and support, with the help and enthusiasm of their employees. – less
I Would pass....it will require all of your life...dont plan a vacation
Risk engineering/Account Cooordination (Former Employee), Spokane, WAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: pay is ok
Cons: computer software, regional management, executive management, production plans, budgets..etc
I would go off but there are so many that have stated exactly what I would have written...its truly sad....but makes me feel so much better. As I tried to explain to management while trying to accomplish impossible tasks in unreasonable time frames, I see that other employees from the same branch I was employed and many others had the same remarks.....management – more... made me feel like I was the problem and basically bullied me into quitting. I also was harrassed while employed there...chose to say nothing as it would have only made things worse...and HR rarely would do anything about anything in the first place.....I would take it off my list of prospective empolyers unless complicated inefficient systems, whacked production plans and mass chaos are your thing...and plan on working well over 40 hours in a week.....you will have to in order to even come close to the production expectation – less
Productive and just a great place to work at.
Claims Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2013
Pros: getting to meet with our clients and hearing great things we have done for them.
Cons: sometimes can be very busy, and not much time meeting with co workers to help each other out with issues they may have.
Everyone is smiling and happy, management is great, they listen and help you grow into something bigger and better. They want all to succeed in their jobs.

About Zurich North America

Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in – Read more

Zurich North America Photos