Zurich North America

Zurich North America Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
No advancement opportunities
Underwriting Service Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management, no advancement opportunities
Overall, this is a good company to work for. The pay and benefits are sufficient, but there is no organization within the company and no training programs. It's sink or swim.

Employees are overworked and stressed with little or no recognition for their efforts. Management is horrible. It's a hierarchy of favoritism. If you are not liked, then you pretty – more... much are getting no where within the company.

Once you get into a position, there is no room for advancement, especially if you do your job very well. Internal postings are usually blocked by the manager. The only way to get a higher position with more pay is to look outside of the company. – less
Zurich
Billing Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 6, 2014
It wasn't a good environment my co workers were very friendly
Interesting global company
Regional Underwriting Manager (Current Employee), Durban, ZNMay 6, 2014
Pros: global company with opportunities to oexplore abroad & other avenues
Cons: we sometimes become a stat & rthe personal focus & contribution is lost
Very busy with some members of staff having too much to deal with in a day.
I learned the Insurer side of the business & how to rate risks.
Management in any organisation can work with you or against you, however, a winning recipe is always one where a consensus is achieved & everybody strives towards the same meaningful goals.
Co-workers are an integral – more... part of the job & we need to respect each person as an individual & work harmoniously together.
The hardest part of the job is to maintain an even balance between business & personal life. I tend to continue working after hours especially on the Blackberry.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people & developing new relationships & cementing existing ones. – less
Division Purchase / Position Going Away
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago ILMay 5, 2014
Because of purchase of other company, job was going away.

Not much more to say
Latter part of working at Zurich
General Clerk I/Financial Analyst II (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 17, 2014
Pros: co-workers, pto days
Cons: style of management
The people were very outgoing for the most part. Management was a bit too professional which lead to the floor not being a very relaxed environment. It all depends on the floor that you work in
Fun people to work with
Business Object Developer - Consultant (Former Employee), Plainsboro, NJApril 2, 2014
Pros: fun outing with the colleagues
Cons: long hours more then 12 hrs a day
Analyzing the reporting documents and creating complex Business Objects reports. Troubleshoot any daily issues..
We had after work incentives activities.
Admin (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 29, 2014
Pros: incentive
Cons: over worked and under paid.
Extremely busy everyday and I learned how to prioritize my duties. Management was very understanding with how to improve the work flow. My co-workers there were the best team players anyone could ask for. The hardest part was not enough time in the day. Meeting my deadlines.
Everyone I met at Zurich was friendly and energenic. Great place to work.
Claims Intern (Former Employee), Rocky Hill, CTMarch 24, 2014
Traditional working hours. A lot of time spent on the phone with customers. A job in claims requires patience and strong negotiating skills.
Intern (Former Employee), ZurichMarch 24, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .

It was fantastic. Great culture, great work, fantastic team.
Great co-workers
Medical Bill Review Nurse (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 18, 2014
Pros: pleasant work environment.
Cons: work became routine and somewhat boring.
Spent the day reviewing workers' compensation medical bills for accuracy and relatedness to the injury. Became a mentor for new hires and a trainer for off-shore reviewers.
excellent
Authorized Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Dubai, DUMarch 11, 2014
Pros: excellent
Cons: excellent
This company is very good, good co worker relationship, management are very nice and working hard for competition
Great Company
Claims (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 6, 2014
Zurich is a Great Company to work for; Loved the Company itself and the people I worked with.
Horrible management and morale
Account Executive/Outside Sales (Current Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 6, 2014
The benefits are very good. The management works on fear alone and continually are pushing you to do MUCH more, even if you're a top performer. There is no work-life balance.

The co-workers were good people, but the management is very poor and condescending.
A great company with attracting culture
Internship / Financial Product Department (Former Employee), Hong Kong, HKIMarch 1, 2014
During the internship, my main job is to create a life insurance product specifically intended for prospective parents based on investigation. We composed a business proposal and built a multivariable regression model that forecasted the profits of the company. With our product, we helped the company to increase its profits by about 5 percent with the – more... product, presented to the VP.

The working hours in Zurich is extremely high. I worked about about 15 hours per day during the internship. – less
Very good company and nice place to work for.
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: companies benefits is excellent
Cons: short breaks and short lunch
Fun workplace environment. People are helpful and friendly. Management is excellent in my last year with them.
Nice place to work
Contract Recruiter (Current Employee), Schaumburg ILFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: ymca in the basement
Cons: open cubes
Fast paced and fun environment. recruit folks at all levels doing full life cycle recruitment
Quality Insurance Company
WC Senior Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: long extra hours
A typical day at work was diary, three point contacts on new claims, treat, make payments, investigate, carry the claim to its fullest to close the file by settling and litigation.

Learned to be on a particular schedule and regimen. I was Rated excellent with clients and customers.

Team player with co-workers.

Constant learning and updating.

Satisfaction – more... of carrying out my claims, dealing with claimants, clients, investigators, lawyers and nurses. – less
Not a good Company to work for
Claims Support (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Zurich Claims Department in Schaumburg, Zurich's Management was very incompetent, and HR very unfair. Management had favorites and only those favorites would advance. 2 co-workers would never do their job-- I would end up covering for them----guess who was hired?
This company should never CLAIM to be an Equal Employment Employer!!!!!
Wonderful place to work.
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: a huge company to work for with plenty of advancement opportunities.
Cons: job was eliminated and outsourced to poland
Plenty of opportunity for advancement within the company. Spent 25 years working there and would still be there if my position wasn't outsourced to Poland.
Its my client I worked for
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJanuary 6, 2014
I worked for this client when I worked for Applabs. One of the prestigious clients.

About Zurich North America

Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in – Read more

Zurich North America Photos