Zurich North America

Zurich North America Employee Reviews in Canada

Toronto Energy team extremely confrontational
Anon (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
I had the misfortune of working next to this team for a while. They don't get along with anyone from their neighbours to their clients, so many lost accounts and broken relationships! With all their drama and underperformance I never understood how they manage to keep their jobs. Hopefully the next management will have enough backbone to get some results.
Pros
You get extra perks if they like you
Cons
Hostile environment, people refusing to talk to each other at work, lots of people leaving the company
My co-workers
Sr. Business Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is, my team members are easy to work with. The are efficient and up to task.We always work on difficult task with high level of commitment and dedication to achieve goals.
Pros
free health
Unknown
Accident Benefits/Loss Transfer Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2016
It was a good environment for an assistant. Lots of work to do and learning opportunities to grow. Excellent benefits and perks.
great workplace and lot of opportunities for growth and learning
IT Project Lead, Wipro Technologies (Former Employee) –  Swindon, ONJune 22, 2016
Zurich helped me to not only be a good team player but also grow as a team leader and improve my leadership skills by leading a team of five to six members. Due to my outstanding multitasking abilities I was given the opportunity to work directly with the client in England and this helped me a lot to understand the business perspectives .
A great place to work!
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
I was welcomed as a part of the team from day one, and the supportive environment amongst my co-workers has not changed. The management is excellent and does not micro-manage. Finally, I am given a chance to make decisions and supported when I am right and effectively coached on how to make better decisions if I should happen to make an error. I would recommend working for Zurich as I am happy to be here!
productive
business analyst (Former Employee) –  ontarioJuly 5, 2016
its always an interesting day. i have learned a lot about it. I have gaied more experience about business analyst. The workers are friendly and nice. the hardest part is you have to keep up ith a very fast pace every time. I enjoy it cos of the friendly environment.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
always at a very fast pace
Always learning something new....
Training Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 5, 2016
Designing, developing and delivering engaging training solutions at Zurich was always interesting and challenging. Lots of opportunity to use and grow my skill set. Excellent management and excellent opportunities came every day.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Agency Bill Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto,ONMay 15, 2015
Productive and Fun Work Place
I have learnt many new things and still learning.
Management is very good here including co-workers
lay off then re hire
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  toronto, onSeptember 5, 2014
worst job ever

non professional management
poor training
favoritism
weird break schedule(can work up to 5 hours before 1st break)
short on staff resulting in irritation of customers and pressure on CSR having to lie to customers.
immorality- no one cares about what claimants have gone through or expecting,as long as you clock in and out,that is all that matters.
Not afraid to fire someone who has worked for them for 10+ years just so they can hire someone whom they'll pay less.
Pros
location
Cons
everything you can imagine that can go wrong, goes wrong!
productive and rewarding job
Underwriter - Personal Lines (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2014
positive and productive, underwriting of new business, processing endorsements and renewals, team effort management is engaging and supportive, there wasn't a negative side to the job, i learned a lot about insurance and the market i loved this job.
GREAT OVERALL
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Zürich, ZH, TORONTO, ONFebruary 25, 2013
ENJOYED DOING MY WORK, HAD ACCOMPLISHED A LOT OF EXPRERIENCE, MANAGEMENT AND CO-WORKERS WERE EXCELLENT, FRIENDLY AND FUN LOVING.
Pros
subsidised
Cons
yes when i had dead lines
Casualty Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 19, 2014
You learn a lot at this company, people are friendly and there is room for growth.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
long hours and heavy workload
Flexible hours
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 24, 2014
I gained knowledge in the Commercial and Personal Lines of Insurance There was a lot of work
Pros
easy place to get to
Cons
not enough advancement
flexible with time and family focused
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2013
I have learned a lot of experience working with Zurich-WTP for almost 15 years. It's a company of diversity and we treat each other as a family.
Pros
flexible hours