Zurich North America

Zurich North America Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Flexible hours
File Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: easy place to get to
Cons: not enough advancement
I gained knowledge in the Commercial and Personal Lines of Insurance There was a lot of work
flexible with time and family focused
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
I have learned a lot of experience working with Zurich-WTP for almost 15 years. It's a company of diversity and we treat each other as a family.
GREAT OVERALL
Coordinator (Former Employee), Zürich, ZH, TORONTO, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: subsidised
Cons: yes when i had dead lines
ENJOYED DOING MY WORK, HAD ACCOMPLISHED A LOT OF EXPRERIENCE, MANAGEMENT AND CO-WORKERS WERE EXCELLENT, FRIENDLY AND FUN LOVING.

Rahul – March 11, 2013

Funny how you find the management and your co-workers 'excellent/friendly/fun-loving' when after applying thrice to the corporation for the associate underwriter's position, I haven't succeeded in receiving at least a rejection letter from them if not something in the form of an acknowledgement from the human resource department after I sent them an email. Definitely not a company I want to work with if this is how they treat people who are keen to be part of their labor pool.

Consultant
Program Analyst / Business Objects (Former Employee), Plainsboro, New JerseyJuly 2, 2014
I was a consultant working on this project. The company was good overall to work for.
Unfair Management is the worst,200+pendings,30-50 new claims/month,deductible/Medical Benefits suck
Claims handler (Former Employee), Parsippany,Owings Mills,Philadelphia/PittsburghJune 26, 2014
That is the managers are pressured to continually locate the weakest employee in performance, trump up charges for lack of performance and fire them. The good managers will resign if they don't want to backstab, the lowlifes will fulfill the objectives to save their own tushes.. It is impossible to meet expectations. The problem is that the employee – more... could be a "10" but management is doing this anyway every quarterly review. File loads in claims are astronomically high, usually over 200+ claims and you are micromanaged and scrutinized on everything with no consideration or fairness given. Lack of respect, harassment and constant backstabbing by some managers leave you drained..If you have a college degree then get lectured by the manager who does this. Underwriting and Risk Management complain the same problems about management.

Mass layoffs are just about yearly along with multiple firings every year. HR doesn't do anything to help and they try to scare you into not getting an attorney and giving up. This company will harass you continually and load you between 30-50 claims a month!! Lots of stress claims filed.

Medical benefits are high deductibles where you spend thousands of dollars before the company begins paying one dollar and its done paying a percentage...

DO NOT GO HERE!!!!, UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET MASSIVLY OVERWORKED AND DUMPED ON, HARASSED, SCAPE-GOATED FOR THE IRRESPONSIBILITY OF THE COMPANY AND EVENTUALLY FIRED!!! IF YOU MAKE IT 6 MONTH, YOU WILL BE BURNT OUT AND HAVE BEEN BEATEN ON.,

ALL OTHER POSITIVE ADS ARE CREATED BY MANAGEMENT POSING TO BE AN UNDERLING AND/OR BROWN NOSERS. – less
Analysis data with Pig
Intern (Former Employee), HKJune 21, 2014
Migrate millions of insurance records from SQL Server to HBase. And get the demographic data and customer preference using Pig. Summarized the findings with recommendations to improve customer segmentation and targeting
Very corporate and demanding
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJune 19, 2014
Pros: good pay and bonus
Cons: outsourcing
Have to have a strong work ethic and be willing to learn and be flexible to constant change. Co-workers are good people who are highly skilled and helpful.
Management wasn't as helpful as they could have been but I have had great Managers while working there.
Application Support Analyst II (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJune 19, 2014
I enjoyed helping people it made my job worth while. Every day was busy and different.
Productive and very good work environment
Ariba Operations Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), ChicagoMay 17, 2014
Pros: good team
Its good place to work and very good management and all the employees are motivate and we can learn very new thing very time.Its a very challenging atmosphere to work with the co workers
No advancement opportunities
Underwriting Service Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management, no advancement opportunities
Overall, this is a good company to work for. The pay and benefits are sufficient, but there is no organization within the company and no training programs. It's sink or swim.

Employees are overworked and stressed with little or no recognition for their efforts. Management is horrible. It's a hierarchy of favoritism. If you are not liked, then you pretty – more... much are getting no where within the company.

Once you get into a position, there is no room for advancement, especially if you do your job very well. Internal postings are usually blocked by the manager. The only way to get a higher position with more pay is to look outside of the company. – less
Zurich
Billing Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 6, 2014
It wasn't a good environment my co workers were very friendly
Interesting global company
Regional Underwriting Manager (Current Employee), Durban, ZNMay 6, 2014
Pros: global company with opportunities to oexplore abroad & other avenues
Cons: we sometimes become a stat & rthe personal focus & contribution is lost
Very busy with some members of staff having too much to deal with in a day.
I learned the Insurer side of the business & how to rate risks.
Management in any organisation can work with you or against you, however, a winning recipe is always one where a consensus is achieved & everybody strives towards the same meaningful goals.
Co-workers are an integral – more... part of the job & we need to respect each person as an individual & work harmoniously together.
The hardest part of the job is to maintain an even balance between business & personal life. I tend to continue working after hours especially on the Blackberry.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people & developing new relationships & cementing existing ones. – less
Division Purchase / Position Going Away
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago ILMay 5, 2014
Because of purchase of other company, job was going away.

Not much more to say
Latter part of working at Zurich
General Clerk I/Financial Analyst II (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 17, 2014
Pros: co-workers, pto days
Cons: style of management
The people were very outgoing for the most part. Management was a bit too professional which lead to the floor not being a very relaxed environment. It all depends on the floor that you work in
Fun people to work with
Business Object Developer - Consultant (Former Employee), Plainsboro, NJApril 2, 2014
Pros: fun outing with the colleagues
Cons: long hours more then 12 hrs a day
Analyzing the reporting documents and creating complex Business Objects reports. Troubleshoot any daily issues..
We had after work incentives activities.
Admin (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 29, 2014
Pros: incentive
Cons: over worked and under paid.
Extremely busy everyday and I learned how to prioritize my duties. Management was very understanding with how to improve the work flow. My co-workers there were the best team players anyone could ask for. The hardest part was not enough time in the day. Meeting my deadlines.
Everyone I met at Zurich was friendly and energenic. Great place to work.
Claims Intern (Former Employee), Rocky Hill, CTMarch 24, 2014
Traditional working hours. A lot of time spent on the phone with customers. A job in claims requires patience and strong negotiating skills.
Intern (Former Employee), ZurichMarch 24, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .

It was fantastic. Great culture, great work, fantastic team.
Great co-workers
Medical Bill Review Nurse (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 18, 2014
Pros: pleasant work environment.
Cons: work became routine and somewhat boring.
Spent the day reviewing workers' compensation medical bills for accuracy and relatedness to the injury. Became a mentor for new hires and a trainer for off-shore reviewers.
Great Company
Claims (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 6, 2014
Zurich is a Great Company to work for; Loved the Company itself and the people I worked with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Zurich North America

Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in – Read more

Zurich North America Photos