Zodiac Aerospace is a world leader in aerospace equipment and systems for commercial, regional and business aircraft, as well as helicopters and space applications.
Since 1896, Zodiac Aerospace has been contributing to the development of aeronautics. Following our pioneering spirit, Zodiac continues to advance in aerospace equipment and systems. Currently employing over 26,000 people worldwide, Zodiac continues to support the needs of our clients through innovation and responsiveness to market challenges. Zodiac Cabin and Structures is the world’s leading provider of integrated cabin interiors. Our mission is to design, certify, manufacture, and support the world’s most innovative aircraft interiors and composite structures.
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, the Flammability Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Reviews all relevant technical specifications for the project including delivery matrices, customer finish specifications and general arrangement engineering drawings.
- Participates in design reviews via supporting the design team in all in-house and customer design reviews by being familiar with the proposed interior units and finishes with the ability to identify and address potential problematic material combinations and proposing method of showing compliance during the review.
- Prepares flammability substantiation documents, such as flammability test plans and flammability test reports to show compliance to applicable regulatory requirements and further is responsible to prepare all documents related to the flammability substantiation of an assigned unit.
- Conducts Peer reviews of test plans and reports for quality and accuracy.
- Coordinates assigned project with mechanical design, program managers and production managers.
- Responsible for approving engineering drawings and engineering change notices (ECNs) that are particular to his/her project. The flammability analyst’s signature on a drawing or ECN indicates that the new design or design change is approved that is, the subject part, its end item, and the aircraft on which the end item is installed are all acceptable for flammability and initiates a test plan to substantiate the change if necessary.
- Responsible for a general understanding of the testing protocol used to in the flammability lab for certification of the products referenced within assigned test plan and/or report.
- Customarily and regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment.
- Education: Bachelor’s in mechanical, chemical or material engineering is preferred or equivalent training.
- Experience: 2-5 years.
- Computer Skill: Windows Operating System®, Office XP® and Access, Auto CAD Lite, Catia and Smarteam would be an asset.
- Other Skills: Detailed oriented and accurate, 10-key by touch is a plus. Knowledge of aircraft certification flammability requirements, analysis techniques, testing methods, and documentation procedures is strongly desired.
Indeed - 20 months ago
Zodiac Aerospace is a world leader in aerospace equipment and systems for commercial, regional and business aircraft, as well as helicopters...