ZocDoc Employee Reviews

Provided Lunch and Ping Pong
Patient Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ28 February 2017
Zocdoc is a great company. Work is fun and they have a way of hiring like-minded people who are quirky and creative. Most managers just tow the corporate line, but a few genuinely care about their employees and try to utilize input and make the job better. Great health benefits for full-time team members and daily catered lunch. Pay and advancement opportunities could be better.
Great Company to Work For
Sales Origination Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY13 February 2017
Zocdoc is a really cool company to work for. The people are young, smart, and pleasant to be around. Understand that when you are interviewing for a particular position, that is the job you will be doing. If you want to be a salesman, understand, your career line will be in sales- and nothing else. Great benefits.
Pros
Free Meals; Free Healthcare; 401k; Promotes With-In
Cons
Bro Culture; Cold Calling
Fun place to work
Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX31 January 2017
Enjoyed this job. It was a great place to contribute too. Lots of great people. Startup so has many challenges. I would recommend this job if you lived in NY.
Unstable
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY30 January 2017
Zocdoc has some great things going for it. The benefits package is extremely generous. That said, the environment is extremely unstable.
Pros
free lunch, Health benefits
Cons
Unstable, Lack of communication, Unskilled workforce (related to leadership), lack of vision and purpose
Good money, alot of stress
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ24 January 2017
exactly what the summary says. paychecks were awesome, work life balance was not i was always working even when i wasnt clocked in or on salary for.
Loved it
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ10 January 2017
I was a top performer when I was there. But it is hard hard hard work. It is extremely hard to sell to doctors but you feel good out it when you are successful. If you have a bad month you are put on a PDP... there is no room for failure. But I loved the culture and my direct boss. I would still be there is they didnt lay off all of the sales staff in AZ.
Tries to seem different but is just like every other corporation
Patient Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY7 October 2016
Being a Patient Operations Assistant here is a difficult, thankless, poorly paid position. Constant pressure and no reward. Managers attempt to assuage this with cupcakes every now and then.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Constant pressure, extremely stringent policies which value numbers over people
n/a
Sales Origination Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY1 September 2016
unable to give a solid review for this company. I will instead use up the characters needed to complete this task. so that it seems like i reviewed it.
Great company with a great futre
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ3 June 2016
Solid program in NYC but the Scottsdale location was not led the same. The program was taken back to the NYC office due to business changes.
Low pay
Sales Origination Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY26 May 2016
Although I fully stand behind what Zocdoc represents, I do not agree with the amount that employees are paid. Since the office is located in Soho, employees must be paid generously to be able to live anywhere near the office which is not the case. They also are constantly changing what they expect out of employees and it seems management is never on the same page. They tell you one thing at noon and by 2pm they are telling you the complete opposite. Very unorganized and only care about signing up as many doctors as possible even if they are not fit for the service and will not do well.
Pros
free lunch, free benefits
Cons
pay, management, lack of transparency
Great place to work.
Senior Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY12 December 2015
I love ZocDoc and after being here for three years I can say that it is a truly incredible community. The executive team is available and ready to hear more feedback. The engineering team is building great products and the sales team is becoming a powerful force. This is an exciting place to work and I would recommend it to almost anyone.
Pros
Great people, fun community, free lunch, great events
Great atmosphere in an up and coming company
Sales Origination Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY6 October 2015
I enjoyed my time at ZocDoc however the location just wasn't for me. With the combination of getting to the train then the train ride to the city, then the subways, the commute could take upwards of 90 minutes to 2 hours if I missed a train because I stayed late at work to finish things up. I don't wish to live in NYC so I left to find work closer to home
Pros
fun environment, great healthcare, good support system
Cons
The commute was horrible
A Typical Day at Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY19 September 2015
Start my day by organizing and listing my 60-80 cold calls per day with various prospecting techniques.
Utilized search demos, multi-faceted appointment reports
Awesome Benefits! AMAZING CULTURE!
Technical Operations (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ29 August 2015
Incredible company with the best benefits you will ever come across and best company culture known to man. If you get the chance to work at ZocDoc TAKE IT!
ZocDocs job culture is very vibrant. I learned and gained alot there, but their mangament skills for the facility workers were poor.
Facilities Associate/ Lunch Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY20 July 2015
ZocDoc has a very welcoming and friendly job culture. I was responsible for a whole floor for about a year before we received help due to expansion. I was responsible for the ten plus conference rooms, the six bathrooms, the cafeteria area, the office cubicles, and any request the office employees had due to maintenance. I learned how to handle more than one task under pressure sufficiently. I learned how to manage other employees, while still performing tasks of my own. I learned how to handle chaotic situations ensuring of a productive and sufficient outcome. When I was appointed to become the lunch manager I had to record lunch logistics and report back to my managers on a weekly basis in a meeting. That taught me how to communicate my ideas, how to brainstorm with a team to produce ideas to better the situations at hand. The hardest part of the job was the lack of structure in the management team, causing confusion and unnecessary stress, kind of like you had to figure it out yourself instead of clear instructions. The managers were nice but their managing skills were poor. My ex co-workers had to be one of the best assets to the job they were great team players and very positive people. Besides my ex co-workers the most enjoyable part of the job was taking pride in your work and getting noticed by the employees and the appreciation for our hard work.
Pros
reasonable start compensation, great job culture, ability to learn alot of skills
Cons
poor management skills, no growth past a certain point
The company does not value there employees
senior sales executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NY23 June 2015
8-6 80+ calls and 2 hrs talk time. co workers are miserable. Hardest part of the job is dealing with territory changes on a bi-weekly basis. The most enjoyable part is closing deals!
Pros
catered lunch
Cons
no breaks. if you miss quota you are fired the next month
ZocDoc is great, but the position was not
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ27 May 2015
ZocDoc is a great company but I wish I had the foresight to enter into a different role at the company. My favorite part of the position was learning about the health care industry.
Fun workplace, less than desirable job description
Inside Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NY28 February 2015
Fun workplace, less than desirable job description. While the benefits are great, you realize that they need to be because you are a glorified telelmarketer; Selling unfamiliar product to people who are trained to tell you no.
Great company
Area sales manager (Current Employee) –  New York City19 February 2015
The company thrives from their culture. Free catered daily lunch, great health and dental insurance, 401k plus unlimited vacation make it a great place to work. Once you start you'll immediately own a market.
Pros
Unlimited vaca, CEO is great, free daily lunch
Cons
Directors don't like to give much credit to their subordinates and can be arrogant
New but smart company
Recruitment Coordinator/ Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY17 February 2015
This company is new but knows what they want. Smart team leading this new and amazing online company. Small team with big minds and a large corporation feel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZocDoc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7