ZocDoc

ZocDoc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New YorkJanuary 11, 2015
Great Atmosphere, great people
Great training program,

Typical day is cold calling and closing deal. managing your book of business and pipeline
High energy and exciting place to work with free food and ping pong
Sales Origination Associate (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 27, 2014
A typical day would include anywhere from 80 to 100 dials on the phone, speaking to doctors and office managers at physician offices. The job required expert customer service and sales experience. Managers would run weekly competitions to keep people motivated and excited. We were given free food and free united health care, benfits were great. Hardest part of the job was staying motivated while doing the same thing over and over again. Also since the company is so young the management isnt tried and tested, so the managers are always doing things differently which can make for an unorganized work place with confusion at times.
Great environment, good people and culture.
Sales Executive, Territory Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch and healthcare.
Cons: not enough involvement by upper management.
At ZocDoc, you get what you put into it. If you work hard and apply yourself you will be successful. Co-Workers were great, other managers were not very hand on and didn't invest enough time into their employees. They are supposed to have an "us before me" mentality, but its not the case. I learned a lot about myself and what I capable of. I pushed myself harder than I ever had before and it gave me great success.
Wouldnt recommend
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
Learned alot, but not a long term career. If you want to get into inside sales this is about the best bootcamp you could ask for
Don't Drink The Koolade
Account Executive - Local Sales (SMB) (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits
Cons: commission, management
They do provide the best healthcare benefits I've ever heard of and free catered lunches. But the lunches get old and the poor management across the bad, the lack of training and the cutthroat atmosphere is not worth it.

The product is great. If in sales, the commission structure is the worst I've ever come across. Recruiters sell high hopes and false dreams across the board.

In my time there I learned a lot about the industry and became a better sales person but I can't recommend the company.
Start up
Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch, free benefits, free friday happy hours
Start up company has a creative atmosphere. Management is lacking. Typical start up where they say one thing and do another.
ZocDoc Review
Sales Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 3, 2014
Pros: complimentary lunches, free health care, and hard working atmosphere
Cons: compensation structure, territory displacement, and work/life balance
At ZocDoc, I sold directly to doctors and small business owners SaaS software. The sales process is unique because the majority of the sales process is getting to the actual decision maker. Management is very young and thus is going through growing pains. They are often busy hiring new staff and understanding their role. Co-workers are great as ZocDoc hires young, energetic, and enthusiastic people. The hardest portion of the position was overcoming the challenges of getting to the decision maker/owner of the practice. The most enjoyable aspect of working at ZocDoc is the awesome people it hires and the workplace benefits offered to all of its employees.
Dynamic Environment with Free Lunch
HRIS & Payroll Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 21, 2014
Dynamic Young Environment with Free lunch. Fast paced and lots of great people. You will definitely learn while working there.
Good if you are desperate for a job
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2014
Bad if you actually need a job for more than two months. I'm sure other people told you all the cautions to worry about with this company. Believe them. The people who lasted long at this company lasted by sheer luck (good timing, good territory, they know how to politic and developed the right relationships with management) If you want to get in and get out and make a quick buck during a transition, take this job. If you want to be with a company for more than a year, the odds of doing that here are 100 to 1. If you are going to be inside the NY office, disregard this review. If you are an outside sales rep, you will be treated poorly. If you take the job 1) have a backup plan 2) make sure you don't have mouths to feed 3) if you get terminated, you will only have a weeks notice. Sometimes less than a week. 4) they change their policies every single day, but will not adjust your quota for their "throw a bunch of stuff at the wall and see what sticks" campaigns. That means if their "new initiative" fails and you don't sell as a result... Well.. Bye bye then.
Great "work hard" environment
Sales Origination Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 4, 2013
- Really good environment with a strong team of sales representatives and peers to work with each day
- Hard work is rewarded with upward mobility in the company
- Had great management
- One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is being in a competitive environment where you're constantly challenged and pushed to excel
A great learning environment.
Sales Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2013
Pros: great experience understanding the interworkings of b2b sales.
Cons: nyc territory became obsolete.
A great place to learn business to business sales. I enjoyed great success with ZocDoc, however, the New York City market in which I worked was extremely saturated and I did not opt to come inside to make outgoing calls as an inside rep.
Young atmosphere, not much direction
Inside Sales Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 7, 2012
Management style is very hands off, which leaves you wondering what to expect next.