Zippy's Restaurant Employee Reviews

Waitress/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kahului, HI15 September 2016
For me working at zippys is really fun but tough.. You need to be able to move quickly, you need to have a good, friendly personality.
Pros
FREE LUNCH
Cons
30 MINS. BREAK, DENTALS, MEDICALS ETC...
good for entry level experience
Assistant cook (Former Employee) –  Honolulu10 September 2015
good entry level place to work to gain skills, however not a place to make a career or for long term employment. Seems that they don't have enough staff and always short handed. Raises are 1x per year and everyone gets the same small pay increase whether you perform at a higher level or average level. Free meals are a plus. Management is hit or miss, some are skilled while others are out for themselves.
Pros
free meals, flexible scheduling
Cons
short staffed, poor raises
Great College Job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA7 July 2015
Loved my job during college. Met lots of people. I only left because I needed benefits after college and didn't want to work till 3 am anymore.
Fun working place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  ‘Ewa Beach, HI30 March 2015
A typical day at work wasn't that great . Not everyone got along so it would be hard to get through the day around that environment . The management was not fair most of the times . Enjoyable part of the day was talking story with the customers & giving them what they wanted .
Pros
Free Lunch, Close to Home .
Cons
Rude workers, Rude Costumers
Steady, good benefits, good food
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HI1 October 2012
Although I only worked here for a short time, I did enjoy my time there and felt like the managment really knew what they were doing. I had a fun crew to work with and I never had to worry about my job security at all.
Cleanliness and friendliness is what it takes to be an asset to the company...which every employee should have at any job.
Waipahu, HI (Former Employee) –  Waitress4 November 2011
My experience with this company has given me the proper training in many areas, from cleanliness to friendliness. I recommend this company to anyone who is looking for flexibility of schedule, good benefit, good management and of course good food!
Pros
company uniforms required by purchase, free lunch, flexible schedule, training available, many branches in different locations
Cons
n/a