Zipcar

Zipcar Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good experience as an Intern
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Santa Cruz, CAJune 22, 2015
The internship builds your communication skills as tabling and emailing are constant marketing tools used to promote Zipcar membership. It was a good experience being able to talk with many people although it is rough at times since a lot of students will just pass you by.
Company is growing and will continue to grow
Fleet (Current Employee), San DiegoJune 4, 2015
Pros: Small Office Great Communication
Cons: No advancement, more work since we are a small market. Unfair compensation
Although the company is growing, this year they are cutting back a lot in order to grow. Which means no raises or hiring new people to help the workload. More work, same compensation. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the start up mentality of the company but in a small market you have no voice and little support.
Productive and forward thinking company
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 6, 2015
Organized music distribution with corporate executives in Los Angeles, San Diego, Portland, Sacramento, Minneapolis, Toronto, Philadelphia, Miami, Chicago and Washington, DC.

Coordinated Twitter, Instagram and Facebook campaigns.
A changing environment
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great coworkers, casual attire.
Cons: terrible benefits and broken pay scale.
Simply put, a start-up gets bought out by a big corporation and the inevitable outcome is change.
There is no genuine 'good' or 'bad' - it just is what it is.
Zipcar is a company in flux.
Many of the major players have changed, the benefits have changed (sadly, for the worst), and the mood has changed.
The people are WONDERFUL. The team in place does a fantastic job hiring happy go-getters and I'm proud to work with and for them.
However, the pay is poor and the culture is running it's due course where Big Brother is concerned.
Again, neither good or bad, it just is what it is. I'm used to the style of the start up and hope to find that again. The Corporation that now owns the company has always done things a certain way and I fear they haven't a clue how to handle their new step kid.
Zipcar Brand Ambassador
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: schedule flexibility
Cons: low pay
Fun work culture that promotes a healthy work/life balance. Compensation is relatively low and management is inexperienced and can border on unprofessional.
Fun Place to Work
Market Fleet Supervisor (Former Employee), DenverApril 15, 2014
Fun place to work,
Very fast paced and goal oriented.

Can be challenging at times and sometimes the days can go a little long but the rewards are great and the people are very fun to work with.
Enjoyable and productive workplace
Promotions Sales Executive (Marketing) (Former Employee), London, ENGMarch 3, 2014
Zipcar UK has allowed me to enhance on my communication and leadership skills, learning to use my initiative and become an effective member of the workforce.
Fun in the summer
Fleet Associate CU Campus (Current Employee), Champaign, ILFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: get to be outside, freedom to work what fits in your schedule
Cons: winter
Summer job is GREAT!!..This past winter was really tough with all the bad weather. Cars kept having dead batterys and got stuck in the snow everyday. Was a rough winter to work outside.
Good company, upper management lacks.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 22, 2014
Great company to work for but upper management does not show appreciation to low level employees.
Great Company
Accounts Payable Clerk (Contract) (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 31, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: no cons
Great People
Fun
Not much else to say
I enjoyed it
Great culture. Great engineers
SENIOR VEHICLE HARDWARE ENGINEER (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 24, 2013
Pros: free beer, lunches, ping pong table
Zipcar has some great culture and great experienced engineers.
Member Services
Member services (Former Employee), London, ENGSeptember 2, 2013
A typical day at work is helping our members with a variety of queries from billing, services offered, bookings and car starting!
The hardest part of the job is having upset/angry customers, when there are no further options to aid them with and taking a large amount of calls.
The best bit about the job, is managing to solve a members problems as quickly as possible ensuring we have a happy and satisfied member.
I have learned how to use empathy, understanding and the art of listening when talking with customers in order to diffuse and manage a difficult situation and turn it aroused to a positive one.
Good networking experience
Campus Sales Representative (Former Employee), Charlestown, MAJune 25, 2013
Pros: free zipcar service
Typical day included marketing the Zipcar brand name to VCU students and informing them about the deals we could offer. Learned great leadership skills along with great experience in working on my own and becoming more organized. Management was one of the lacking points, as they were only available via phone/email and only checked in once a week. The hardest part was going in front of auditoriums and explaining the program in an concise manner. But it was very enjoyable to be able to get in contact with so many people across the campus.
Great Office Great People
Marketing (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 21, 2013
Pros: a lot of fun events and opportunies, great for college students
Cons: barely get part time hours
I work as a part-time Brand Ambassador which helped with a lot of skills. As a Brand Ambassador I'm flexible in the office and I often help out in every department. I gained skills working in marketing, customer services and helping to manage the fleet.
Fun company with great executive exposure.
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee), Washington DCFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: great leaning experience
Cons: lacks positive structure
Fun company with a lot of pressure. Lots of exposure to executive opportunities and areas to grom professionally. Dive in and swim type of environment. Very little training and info-structure.
Great Professional Sales Experience for Young Workers
Youth Marketing (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVJuly 13, 2012
A self motivates environment with a chance for the associate to build experience with sales and team management
Headquarters