Zipcar Employee Reviews

The decline of Car Sharing
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2016
Once a great company...now a mess.
Exciting fast paced work atmosphere that is run by a leadership team in both NY and Boston that really does not understand car sharing. Since the buyout form Avis the company has continued to fall as the ABG has not idea how to run a car sharing low touch model. The IT systems do no integrate and all the efforts to do so are consistently hampered by poor budgeting. If you want to apploy as an associate or coordinator go ahead but as a
Pros
great 401K and occasional Beer cart
Cons
poor compensation, confused and unethical sr leadership. Lack of training
turn the other direction and dont waste your time.
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2015
upper management is run by people with fitness and hospitality experience which has no relevance with Automobiles at all. upper management hires externally theyre (friends) from fitness and hospitality, Zipcar's motto is: its not what you know but who you know. employees are quitting left and right. seniority is not worth a dime here, the day 1 employees are fed up with the new upper management micro managing and giving multiple projects and not being compensated for it. Zipcar will say they will pay you $51,000 a year but what goes into your pocket is $26,000 a year. medical benefis are terrible, Aetna, is one of the worst insurances out there, the co-pay is ridiculous ! taxes are insane, theres no more overtime.
Pros
Cons
dont get me started, just read my review and you will know what i mean.
Made redundant, false hope, its all a cover up, Avoid at all cost
Member Service Associate (Former Employee) –  LondonSeptember 23, 2016
Made redundant, false hope, its all a cover up, Avoid at all cost

people who had worked so hard for years just told to do one because they have found a cheaper company aboard to do the work.
Pros
really good honest work colleagues and managers
Cons
being stabbed in the back for all the hard work that has been done
one of my favorite companies
Member Service Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2016
Love working here. when the going gets tough the tough get going with this company. Great support system and great room for growth.
Pros
work environment, co-workers
Cons
salary, expectations
Good Company Overall
Credit Application Associate (Current Employee) –  LondonFebruary 5, 2016
Nice company, friendly and welcoming. Nice culture within the organisation. Good company ethos. Genuine encouragement for progression within the organisation
Productive workplace
Senior Member Services Accounts Supervisor (Current Employee) –  WimbledonApril 8, 2016
As a Customer Accounts Senior I have had 3 years’ experience in the daily management of client accounts ensuring to drive results by increasing service usage and in turn driving sales by ensuring to exceed monthly targets. Having built rapport with both business and customer client bases allowed me to solidify myself as a key reference point where by clients if ever needing to resolve complaints surrounding logistically challenging or inconvenient circumstances would speak to me regarding these matters so as to ensure an agreeable resolution. Whilst listening as attentively as possible and by being empathetic toward their issues I would ensure to reach an amicable outcome satisfactory to the client.

Having actively been a part of team networking events I also managed to create a unique opportunity for my department establishing ways to improve the approach toward technical troubleshooting amongst agents so as to save time for clients, increase self-service and increase monthly revenue. In undertaking this project I gained extensive knowledge of Microsoft packages specifically Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook, as well as experience with internal administration, back office and scheduling systems whilst managing an ongoing team of 5 ensuring to adhere to and SLA and KPI metric levels on a monthly basis.
A changing environment
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 11, 2015
Simply put, a start-up gets bought out by a big corporation and the inevitable outcome is change.
There is no genuine 'good' or 'bad' - it just is what it is.
Zipcar is a company in flux.
Many of the major players have changed, the benefits have changed (sadly, for the worst), and the mood has changed.
The people are WONDERFUL. The team in place does a fantastic job hiring happy go-getters and I'm proud to work with and for them.
However, the pay is poor and the culture is running it's due course where Big Brother is concerned.
Again, neither good or bad, it just is what it is. I'm used to the style of the start up and hope to find that again. The Corporation that now owns the company has always done things a certain way and I fear they haven't a clue how to handle their new step kid.
Pros
great coworkers, casual attire.
Cons
terrible benefits and broken pay scale.
Company is growing and will continue to grow
Fleet (Current Employee) –  San DiegoJune 4, 2015
Although the company is growing, this year they are cutting back a lot in order to grow. Which means no raises or hiring new people to help the workload. More work, same compensation. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the start up mentality of the company but in a small market you have no voice and little support.
Pros
Small Office Great Communication
Cons
No advancement, more work since we are a small market. Unfair compensation
Zipcar Brand Ambassador
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 14, 2014
Fun work culture that promotes a healthy work/life balance. Compensation is relatively low and management is inexperienced and can border on unprofessional.
Pros
schedule flexibility
Cons
low pay
Exciting and Friendly Environment
Artist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, WIDecember 22, 2015
The few people I have worked with during the events I do live art at have been a pleasure to be around. Good chemistry between the marketing associate and I. I also have free reign as to what design I want to paint on the Zipcars.
Productive workplace in a unique contemporary environment with a ping pong table
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2015
Extremely creative work environment with superb upper management. Not much room for growth within the company. The company overall is a great company.
Good networking experience
Campus Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJune 25, 2013
Typical day included marketing the Zipcar brand name to VCU students and informing them about the deals we could offer. Learned great leadership skills along with great experience in working on my own and becoming more organized. Management was one of the lacking points, as they were only available via phone/email and only checked in once a week. The hardest part was going in front of auditoriums and explaining the program in an concise manner. But it was very enjoyable to be able to get in contact with so many people across the campus.
Pros
free zipcar service
Productive and forward thinking company
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 6, 2015
Organized music distribution with corporate executives in Los Angeles, San Diego, Portland, Sacramento, Minneapolis, Toronto, Philadelphia, Miami, Chicago and Washington, DC.

Coordinated Twitter, Instagram and Facebook campaigns.
Fun company with great executive exposure.
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington DCFebruary 26, 2013
Fun company with a lot of pressure. Lots of exposure to executive opportunities and areas to grom professionally. Dive in and swim type of environment. Very little training and info-structure.
Pros
great leaning experience
Cons
lacks positive structure
Good experience as an Intern
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJune 22, 2015
The internship builds your communication skills as tabling and emailing are constant marketing tools used to promote Zipcar membership. It was a good experience being able to talk with many people although it is rough at times since a lot of students will just pass you by.
Member Services
Member services (Former Employee) –  London, ENGSeptember 2, 2013
A typical day at work is helping our members with a variety of queries from billing, services offered, bookings and car starting!
The hardest part of the job is having upset/angry customers, when there are no further options to aid them with and taking a large amount of calls.
The best bit about the job, is managing to solve a members problems as quickly as possible ensuring we have a happy and satisfied member.
I have learned how to use empathy, understanding and the art of listening when talking with customers in order to diffuse and manage a difficult situation and turn it aroused to a positive one.
Great Professional Sales Experience for Young Workers
Youth Marketing (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 13, 2012
A self motivates environment with a chance for the associate to build experience with sales and team management
Great culture. Great engineers
SENIOR VEHICLE HARDWARE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 24, 2013
Zipcar has some great culture and great experienced engineers.
Pros
free beer, lunches, ping pong table
Good company, upper management lacks.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 22, 2014
Great company to work for but upper management does not show appreciation to low level employees.
Great Office Great People
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 21, 2013
I work as a part-time Brand Ambassador which helped with a lot of skills. As a Brand Ambassador I'm flexible in the office and I often help out in every department. I gained skills working in marketing, customer services and helping to manage the fleet.
Pros
a lot of fun events and opportunies, great for college students
Cons
barely get part time hours