Zimmer Employee Reviews

Just a job...
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 12, 2016
Direction, Priorities and communication are lacking for non sales or operations staff. Was not encouraged or motivated to go the extra mile as it were. A lot of talk/ideas with no action.
Fun Learning Experience
Full Line Rep (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 16, 2016
Worked a lot, learned a lot. Entry level to medical device. Part of a team of 7. Changed distributers, and acquired Biomet
Learn new job culture.
Documentation Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJanuary 12, 2016
Stressful due to management change.
Co-workers very cooperative and teamwork.
Demanding of long working hours.
Includes temporary and regular employees in all company's activities. No differences in regular or temporary employees.
Great Workplace
Regional Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2016
A great company that focuses on employee development. Not sure how the company will turn out after the merger with Biomet.
Good company.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  PRJanuary 6, 2016
I enjoy my work on Zimmer for the last years.I learn the process to manufacture some of the prosthesis (knee and patela). My employ was terminated do to reduction of personal.
Pros
Good job. Lots to learn.
Cons
Temporary employment. No benefits.
Very good.
Laboratory Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 18, 2015
good company, its very good workers and good co-workers
cheerful and had a good time every day working as a team, it hurts my contract ended after eight months, I learned a lot, and more experience in biotechnology
Changes
QARA Quality Senior Engineer ll CAPA Remediation (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INNovember 24, 2015
The Zimmer-Bioment merger has created a lot of flux in the workplace and many changes are occurring. It is uncertain what the work place environment will be like after the 2 year integration period.
Pros
In the right position it can be very interesting work
Good pay, but that is about it.
packaging (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INNovember 12, 2015
The hardest part of my job is trying to see everything matches with the work orders. A single variation of a etch could be a operator awareness. Really easy to mess up, so concentration is key.

Management will ignore if you ask for new fixtures and enjoy their "tribal knowledge" and will have to scrap parts because of it, but the operator is accountable for it.

I enjoy the people I work with. They are good people, few of them are friends outside of work.
Pros
Great people, great benefits, good pay.
Cons
Workers wants are ignored.
Fine place to work
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 11, 2015
I did contract work for ZimmerBiomet. This is a nice place to work. No complaints. I completed my assignments and promptly left each day to avoid over billing. Many of the consultants take advantage of the lackadaisical environment, and set up camp, waiting for the next assignment.
Pros
Free coffee and soft drinks
Challenging Project
Validation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRNovember 11, 2015
Trident project Validation team. Very diverse work environment. Nice coworkers. Excellent organization and team work.
Production of product was well defined and communicated. Managers were not well informed as to machine tool practices. Permanent employment was based
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INOctober 4, 2015
The typical work day was routine and mundane. I learned about orthopedic implants. Management was generally uneducated as to machine practices. They often made decisions that were counter productive to achieving quality standards and production levels. Co-workers were generally not involved or inspired. There were extreme paper work challenges due to FDA requirements. The paperwork was not a very enjoyable part of the job. I did enjoy learning about orthopedic implant technology. The overall work culture was not good.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Warsaw,INSeptember 28, 2015
One of the best jobs I've ever had. Friendly people, relaxed environment, clean facilities, great management, overall a great place to work.
Pros
Clean wnvironment
Cons
Long time on contract status
Dynamic
MANUFACTURING/VALIDATIONS Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRSeptember 17, 2015
Excellent learning experience and growing opportunity. Great opportunity to learn about the future on medical device industry.
Fun Place to work
Certified CNC Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 14, 2015
Enjoyed working at Zimmer. Was a temporary employee, no chance at being full time. Would have stayed if I was able to be hired full time.
Pros
Good environment to work
Cons
No chance at full time employment
See Resume
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MichiganAugust 31, 2015
Please see resume. I am an orthopedic trauma representative, on call and in the OR. My typical day consists of sales calls and cases, often which are added on at the end of the day. I prepare the surgical trays and cover the surgery as well. My time in the OR and in offices making presentations is fairly equal.
Inventory Auditor
Inventory Auditor (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 11, 2015
As an inventory auditor, my job consists of 90% traveling within the U.S. When I am home, I commute to Warsaw and work on inventory related work in the warehouse.
My last project was in a Medical Device Plant, I learned a lot of things like the differences between a Pharmaceutical Industry and a Medical Device.
Sr. Validation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJuly 9, 2015
A typical day at work in my last project was performing cleaning protocols, reports, SOP's, among others documents. When the protocols were ready and approved I then trained the corresponding personnel and execute the protocol. Other days I had to work on the events, deviations or CAPA's.

I learned how to adapt my Pharmaceutical experience and knowledge into the Medical Device Industry. On the other hand, I learned new terms and ways to perform a good job in this kind of industry which gave me the opportunity to grow as a Validation Scientist and as a professional as well.

Working in this company I had the opportunity to establish a good relation with the managers and with my co-workers. I believe that the hardest part of the job was to learn some medical device terms and their applications. Nevertheless, the most enjoyable aspect of the job was the new challenge in my day to day; but at the end of the day I felt the great satisfaction to pass a new challenge successfully.
Pros
New opportunities to grow as a professional.
Cons
A little more time to adapt myself to a very different way to perform the tasks.
good work environment
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 21, 2015
The people at Zimmer are very nice and supportive of each other and their teams. It is a relaxed and comfortable work environment.
Zimmer review
Polymer Molding Operator (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INMay 2, 2015
Orthopedic factory in Warsaw, IN, but is worldwide. Pay is above average in Indiana for factory workers. It is one of four orthopedic factories in the area, and is soon merging with Biomet.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Years on offshifts.
Wonderful Employer
Production Machinist (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INApril 2, 2015
This is the best place I have ever worked. Awesome pay rates, wonderful people. Best orthopedic manufacture by far. Temp to hire is the only downfall