Zimmer

Zimmer Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
demanding job that requires a commitment but can be rewarding
Sales Associate (Current Employee), York, PAMarch 15, 2015
Cons: on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week
The days include covering surgeries which usually occur between 7 am and 5 pm but infrequently can occur in the middle of the night. Your responsible for having the instruments and implants that the surgeon would need there for the surgery and be there to support the staff and surgeon with help or technical questions. Its a very demanding yet can be enjoyable and rewarding.

The pricing and margins have been going down for the past 4 to 5 years- so you are doing more surgeries for less money and because of the reduce profits Zimmer gives you less and less resources to work with on a daily basis. Finding time off or away from work can be difficult
Horrible ethics sad for a billion dollar company
CVD (Former Employee), Parsipanny, NJFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: easy to get hired
Cons: no development to much family working together
Horrible place to be to much exposure to harmful chemicals. And none of the supervisor have High School diplomas they can barely speak English properly it's sad. I had to leave because I felt I was getting dumb down. The management are all brothers and cousins they all been there for years. If they would ever reach a corporate level HR should be more involved in hiring professionals with degrees not non educated individuals. It's sad to see smart workers on the floor and because of politics their talents would go unnoticed.
remediation
Knee Development (Current Employee), Warsaw, INFebruary 2, 2015
during remediation, so just lots of busy work. got kind of boring, looking to interact with wider range of engineering tools will not happen at a company like this.
Nice place to learn and have the culture of training the beginner
Product Manager (Former Employee), Shanghai, ChinaDecember 10, 2014
Cross functional management skill required in daily work
Internal sales training and product/technique discussion with KOLs
Have the opportunities to work on important projects
Good mentor-ship culture
Great team culture for cooperate and helping each others
Just a wonderfull company to work for.
Certified Mold Injection Machine Operator (Former Employee), Warsaw, INNovember 11, 2014
Pros: great company . very clean
Cons: 3rd shift
I was a Mold injection operator, it was busy work and enjoyed the challenges
Extremely successful company with extremely successful products
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Florida, ArkansasNovember 4, 2014
Sales/ Service/ Education/ Development of new and existing physician/ hospital customers.

Great company, great products, with the best educated sales force in the marketplace.
Productive ans secure in the area of the building
Validation Specialist/Packaging Process (Current Employee), Ponce, PRSeptember 29, 2014
Its cool to work in Zimmer Manufacturing because the acknowledges on this company is to learn, see how to work with packaging area, cnc machines, Cleaning, Test Method, FDA, and more...
Zimmer Review
Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee), Warsaw, INAugust 8, 2014
Great company with competitive salaries and work/life balance.
No support from management
Manufacturing Group Leader (Current Employee), Warsaw, INAugust 1, 2014
Good people, but bad management. Zimmer management likes to micro manage the people that are working for them.
Fun place to work.Great benefits,and great pay.
Porous Surface Operator (Former Employee), Warsaw, INJuly 28, 2014
Pros: the satisfaction of knowing you did a job well done.
Cons: sometimes i would skip break just so i could get the job done on time or before the end of day.
I spent 21yrs here love working at Zimmer.We worked hard and fast pace.Team player, had to be.Each job you did goes to the next person before sent to hospitals.What i learned is consistency and time management.Two important steps to keep the work flowing.Deadlines can sometimes be the hardest but we always made our deadlines .even when we got our job orders at the last minute
Good place to work for, as long as they have the demand to support the workforce they employ
Shipping and Service Kit Assembly Specialist (Former Employee), Riverside, MOJuly 24, 2014
I worked for this company just over a year, and they were very busy for a long time, but, the sales dropped and they have laid off over 30 people in the past 9 months.
GREAT!!! place to work
FACILITIES MECHANICHS (Current Employee), Ponce, PRJuly 4, 2014
Lovely place to work, it's amazing.An it's also super clean facility.
Working at Zimmer
Investment Castings Operator (Current Employee), Warsaw, INJune 17, 2014
I love my job at Zimmer because it's unique. The management team is always willing to talk to you, whether they give you the answer you want or not is a different story but that's life. I have been able to work tons of overtime for the past 7 years. The hardest part of the job right now is the hours. I've been the lowest on seniority for the last 5 years and have no sign of going to day shift. The hours are also different than the standard 7-3 job so it can conflict with family schedules.
Poor
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), warsaw, in.June 10, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: harrasment
Typical day consisted of trying to avoid drama and harassment within the company.
Didn't learn anything I already didn't know, except keep your head down and tail tucked.
Management was poor and favored the fulltime employees and more of the women when It came to fulltime.
Co-workers harassed and falsified information and documentation as well as management.
There was nothing hard about this job.
The most enjoyable part was when I got paid. I worked voluntarily 7 days a week a lot.
Great industry to work in
Sr. Management Analyst (Current Employee), Warsaw, INMay 29, 2014
Company growing at a good rate of about 5-7% every year. Good work life balance. Ample opportunities to grow
Liars, cheaters, bad morale
Marketing (Current Employee), Carlsbad,caMay 23, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: bad benefits, not a family friendly company
Decent pay, they used to have great benefits but now that they changed their benefit package it is horrible. There are a few people particular that(in more than one department), if your not in their clique, they will act friendly to your face but start gossiping behind your back so keep your friends close but your enemies closer if you start working there. I am searching for a new job as we speak due to the poor management..
Productive, good people to work for and with
Customer Srevice Representative (Current Employee), Warsaw, INMay 19, 2014
I have enjoyed and appreciated my job at ZImmer.
The day pretty much consist of being at you desk waiting on the
next phone call and doing other assignments inbetween calls.
It requires good time management.
I love my co-workers, that is one thing I will miss when I retire.
The hardest part of the job is, due to the amount of calls we take a
day, getting everyting done by the end of each day.
I love helping people and working with my co-workers
Very good facility with cafeteria, and fitness center
Chemistry Lab Technician Grade A (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches, reward cards, bonous, parties, picnics., and shares.
Cons: little opportunity to grow as a professional.
I have had a great deal of laboratory experience in chemistry in the lab, I have performed chemical reactions and I am currently using ICP-OES, and Gas Analyzer to calculate the minimum concentration of metals and gases in Trabecular Metal ™ samples. In environmental field studies, I have conducted outdoor labs to assess water chemistry.
I have very little supervision, because I am able to manage any situation in the lab. My colleagues are very professional workers, I have not had any inconvenient when I direct them.
The hardest part of my job is the fact of dealing with many internal costumers (engineers, technicians, and internship students) who are not concern about the nature of my job, and require jobs to be done in the same day, which it is impossible.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when our effort and professionalism is recognized for the board of directors and managers.
company itself does alot for the employees but there is no chance to advance
NDT Inspector (Current Employee), warsaw,inJanuary 3, 2014
Management is very poor and there is no room for advancement.
A once great company now the joke of the the area
Quality (Former Employee), Dover, OhioDecember 14, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: long hours
This facility promotes and excels at an extreme culture of fear and intimidation. The company uses the archaic forced ranking system to rate employees. There is a mercenary culture where everyone is out for themselves. Idea sharing does not occur due to the fear of someone else looking better than you which would put you on the chopping block. Managers are drones and do not provide any direction. I am happy I left.

1 2 3

About Zimmer

Zimmer can put the spring back in your step or the zing back in your swing. The company designs and markets orthopedic products, – Read more