Zimmer Biomet Employee Reviews

Productive and goal oriented
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 28, 2016
A day at work was very busy, it's very goal oriented. I learned how to work in a fast moving pace, and a lot of things about the parts we make. The management was great, if there was a problem it was taken care of immediately. The most enjoyable part of working for Zimmer Biomet was working at a team, yet kind of competing at the same time. You had a goal to reach together, and a goal to reach individually.
Working at Zimmer was a very rewarding job. Great place to work.
Director (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 28, 2016
Typical work day with great multiple culture employees. Learned all about orthopedic surgery and medical devices. Great management team and great to work for. The hardest part of job was extensive global travel.
If offered a temporary position, DO NOT accept.
Commissions Processor (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 21, 2016
Zimmer Biomet has a long history of hiring temps and giving them the workload of full-time employees, but not treating them like real people. On top of this, they may imply that there is opportunity for advancement, but there is not. Of everyone I know at the company, none of them know of a temp who was hired in full-time.

Further, when your contract is up, they often don't even have the decency to tell you ahead of time. Instead you will likely just receive a call from the staffing agency informing you that today was your last day.

However, if you are offered a full-time position, the compensation and benefits are phenomenal, and there is constant opportunity for advancement.
Excellent company, very rewarding
cell support operator (Current Employee) –  Ponce, PRSeptember 13, 2016
Great! Coming early prepare the work area, making sure I have everything I need to do my job the best.
I have learned many things like, sorting.de-buring,blasting,reading blue prints ect.
Great management
Love working with my co workers is it an extend family to me
I dont fine anything hard of my job , I enjoy my team work and everything here.
Pros
healthcare, training, breaks
A challenging and patient focused company
Associate Director - Large Joint/Upper Extremity (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 6, 2016
A typical day involves a lot of interdepartmental communication, coordination of activities with both peers and direct reports, interaction and engagement with surgeon customers, and planning meetings with product developers and commercialization professionals.
Pros
Great career with high potential
Cons
Large bureaucracy and difficult decision time frames.
Zimmer Biomet
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 4, 2016
A typical day of work is attending meetings and assisting employees.
I was able to learn a lot about the HR function and manufacturing overall.
Some of the managers there are very understanding while others have a hard time with work life balance.
Many of my co-workers are helpful and will take time out to help others.
Dealing with the changing work culture and environment is one of the hardest parts of the job.
The most enjoyable parts are when we have our annual celebrations.
Fun place to work and learn new information and skills
Region Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 24, 2016
I enjoyed working their but was laid off in May of 2013. The training course was brutal but I finished the top in my class. I learned a lot from my peers and was a rewarding position
Manufacturing/Facilities/Quality support
Sr. Maintenance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ponce Municipio, PRAugust 11, 2016
System Analyst, and evaluation of performance.
Phenomenal experience of J&J.
Team work.
Professional co-worked.
Development programsof Execution Maintenance
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
shor breaks, healthcare
excellent management and schedule
Receiving Attendant (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 3, 2016
The free time to work balance is wonderful, along with some pretty great management. Other aspects could definitely use improvement however.
Overall rating*
Support machine (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJuly 27, 2016
muy satisfecho con mi labor siempre cumpliendo con con las normas y politicas de la compañia ya que es una compañia regulada por la FDA y las regulaciones son muy extrictas.
Pros
acciones 401k
Fast paced
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 24, 2016
I work as a temp and the pay is alright but the "benefits" are horrible. There's no job security and it's almost impossible to be hired in. You can be fired for no reason, management will listen to your concerns but not put them into action.
Pros
Good rewarding system
Cons
No job security
Backwards thinking!
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Shannon, County ClareJuly 19, 2016
Too many managers, they are tripping over each other, promotions for all the yes men, no concept of common sense or fairness
Pros
People on the floor
Cons
Salary well below rival companies
Great place to work for
Specialty Services (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 15, 2016
Zimmer Biomet is a great place to work for. I am a working for Zimmer Biomet through a temp agency and my contract is ending in August. I would love to be a full time employee. I couldn't ask for better co-workers and department. My supervisors schedule one on one time every month with each employee that works under them to talk about work issues or just what is going on in your personal life. The one hour of time you get once a month helps greatly with communication and understanding of what is expected of you.
Can't wait to work there again!
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 6, 2016
The environment was very clean and the people were easy to work with. I really enjoyed all the advancements in the company.
General Manufacturing
General Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 29, 2016
I was a temporary employee for 8 months and then I was hired full time. I enjoyed the clean and friendly environment. I had great supervisors and co workers. I enjoyed my employment very much at Zimmer-Biomet.
Its Easy and fun
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJune 25, 2016
The jobs is easy and fun but the only take temporary employees and they don't give them any benefits plus they take to much advantage of the employees they don't give sick days or vacations hours
Pros
free coffe and food
Cons
shot breaks and no benefits
Okay work environment
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJune 20, 2016
Very friendly but you dont get to learn a lot there. some favoritism to Spanish speaking individuals are noticed. A lot of changes are seen too in management.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
some favoritism to Spanish speaking individuals are noticed
Workplace without employee engagement
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 14, 2016
Zimmer culture had been spiraling downhill before the merge with Biomet, but is now at an all time low. There is little to no employee engagement since the Biomet management in place doesn't care to merge the two company philosophies and is only moving forward with the Biomet views and limiting the advancement of prior Zimmer employees. On top of that, as people leave the company positions are not back-filled appropriately and the individuals who stay are held accountable for sometimes two or three times their original workloads. There isn't any management forgiveness for missed deadlines or timelines due to this company created back log.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Employee Engagement, Management
Awesome coworkers but Management was HORRIBLE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 14, 2016
Poor training. Management uncaring and biased. They even lie to get their way. Female management with micro mini skirts and six inch heels seem to be promoted.

Coworkers were wonderful.
Pros
Coworkers
great place to work
Distribution Utility Specialist/Returns Inspection (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 11, 2016
People place, work together, and great staff members.
This place was well kept clean, and they always work with you in any situation that any one may have.
Pros
GRAT BOUNS AND WORK HOURS
Cons
know where to move up in company