Zimmer Biomet Employee Reviews

Great place to work for
Specialty Services (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 15, 2016
Zimmer Biomet is a great place to work for. I am a working for Zimmer Biomet through a temp agency and my contract is ending in August. I would love to be a full time employee. I couldn't ask for better co-workers and department. My supervisors schedule one on one time every month with each employee that works under them to talk about work issues or just what is going on in your personal life. The one hour of time you get once a month helps greatly with communication and understanding of what is expected of you.
Workplace without employee engagement
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 14, 2016
Zimmer culture had been spiraling downhill before the merge with Biomet, but is now at an all time low. There is little to no employee engagement since the Biomet management in place doesn't care to merge the two company philosophies and is only moving forward with the Biomet views and limiting the advancement of prior Zimmer employees. On top of that, as people leave the company positions are not back-filled appropriately and the individuals who stay are held accountable for sometimes two or three times their original workloads. There isn't any management forgiveness for missed deadlines or timelines due to this company created back log.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Employee Engagement, Management
Enovating ang productive to work at
Machinist A (Current Employee) –  Ponce, PRMay 22, 2016
High energy work day with maintaining and balancing quality and production volume. Every day is a learning day from machine validation, procedure development, engineering process, CNC programing, machine maintenance to people skills and others. It’s a family environment after 19 years co-workers have become like family. The long hours and stressful time when closing and meeting the monthly requirements is the hardest part and knowing that what I do every day makes a difference in somebody life is my every day enjoyment
Fast paced
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 24, 2016
I work as a temp and the pay is alright but the "benefits" are horrible. There's no job security and it's almost impossible to be hired in. You can be fired for no reason, management will listen to your concerns but not put them into action.
Pros
Good rewarding system
Cons
No job security
Awesome coworkers but Management was HORRIBLE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 14, 2016
Poor training. Management uncaring and biased. They even lie to get their way. Female management with micro mini skirts and six inch heels seem to be promoted.

Coworkers were wonderful.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
excellent work place enjoyable and fun
CNC Set/OP Machinist (Former Employee) –  BridgendFebruary 24, 2016
worked a 3 shift pattern with days, afternoons and nights. a typical day for me in this employment started with clocking into work and then onto a job set up a cnc machine ready to start the days production. This work included loading parts into the machines in a correct order with measuring the parts with micrometers and verniers and filling the paper work provided with each batch.
great place to work
Distribution Utility Specialist/Returns Inspection (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 11, 2016
People place, work together, and great staff members.
This place was well kept clean, and they always work with you in any situation that any one may have.
Pros
GRAT BOUNS AND WORK HOURS
Cons
know where to move up in company
Manufacturing/Facilities/Quality support
Sr. Maintenance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ponce Municipio, PRAugust 11, 2016
System Analyst, and evaluation of performance.
Phenomenal experience of J&J.
Team work.
Professional co-worked.
Development programsof Execution Maintenance
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
shor breaks, healthcare
Okay work environment
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJune 20, 2016
Very friendly but you dont get to learn a lot there. some favoritism to Spanish speaking individuals are noticed. A lot of changes are seen too in management.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
some favoritism to Spanish speaking individuals are noticed
Its Easy and fun
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJune 25, 2016
The jobs is easy and fun but the only take temporary employees and they don't give them any benefits plus they take to much advantage of the employees they don't give sick days or vacations hours
Pros
free coffe and food
Cons
shot breaks and no benefits
Not much to say about the
Field Inventory Manager (contract) (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 27, 2016
Need better management and structure. Not a good place to work to build a future and no opportunity for growth. I wouldn't recommend working here as a full time employee of the company. Contract work is ok.
Pros
Descent pay
Cons
Management lacking skills to lead
Great people and product designs
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 19, 2016
The leadership team was in and out like clockwork every 2 years making it extremely difficult to improve until the final leadership team was put in place and was there for the last 5 years. The division experienced significant turn around due to excellent commitment by R&D and Marketing to develop great products.
Pros
popcorn Friday, group outings, work/life balance
Cons
Quality Management and HR
Great Company, great people, great products
Orthopedic Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2016
Products are top, representatives are of the highest caliber (at least in the tri-state area), management cares about people
Pros
Selling good products, smart representatives, management cares
Cons
upward mobility is capped
Quality driven and focused on consumer safety
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 10, 2016
I loved working there at Zimmer-Biomet I was proud of the job I had, I took great care in producing quality orthopedic products. The atmosphere there is clean, safe, and friendly and my immediate supervision was excellent. The co-workers there are some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Straight 8 hour shifts and paid 20 minute lunch.
Cons
It was too far for me to drive to.
Definately a place that will over work a person.
Quality Assurance/Inspection (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 10, 2016
Very fast paced. Many changes within the Levels of Upper Management during the merge left several issues unattended. They are somewhat delinquent about informing the employees at the Memphis facility about their job security. And, as I am sure many companies experience, certain levels of middle management have a certain level of difficulty resolving issues.
Pros
Very few.
Cons
Many...
It is who you know
Operations (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 13, 2016
Leadership has potential but there are still a lot friends promoting friends. These managers can't or won't deal with the employees who cannot keep up with the changes. They don't address bulling or harassment because they fear employee retaliation.
"Because this is how we have always done it..." is an acceptable answer with the majority. The employees who do know what is going on are overworked and overlooked for promotions because others have been here longer so they should get promoted.
Pay isn't that great. Benefits were better before the merger with Biomet. There are a lot of secrets and the workers impacted the most aren't involved in decisions.
The worst part of working here is everyone walking around pointing their fingers at everyone but themselves. It is someone else's fault always. You have to keep emails and record conversations to protect yourself.
Pros
Popcorn Wednesdays, Impact awards for exceptional work
Cons
Bullies, HR, Moral, Culture, noise level and favoritism
General Manufacturing
General Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 29, 2016
I was a temporary employee for 8 months and then I was hired full time. I enjoyed the clean and friendly environment. I had great supervisors and co workers. I enjoyed my employment very much at Zimmer-Biomet.
Very relaxed job
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INMay 19, 2016
I enjoyed my time at zimmer. I learned to stay out in your own circle there. I got along great with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was having to sit the whole day. A typical day went very slow there, because most days the machines would be down.
Good Place to Work
Regulatory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJanuary 20, 2016
I have really enjoyed my position at Zimmer-Biomet. I have only been here for a short while as a Temporary Employee but feel that I have learned quite a bit. The work environment as well as the other staff members are quite friendly. I feel motivated to work when I am here because of the loyalty the Managers show to their staff. I really wouldn't say there is a typically "hard" part to my job, I find it all so meaningful that I do not think of it in terms such as 'easy' and 'hard'.
Zimmer Biomet Inc
Medical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMarch 26, 2016
Overall, company is very strong in Orthopedic implant design. The integration of the 2 companies was rocky, but starting to come together. Compensation could be a bit better to keep pace with competitors, but focused on growth which is understandable.