Zep Inc. (NYSE: ZEP) is a leading provider of specialty chemical products to a wide variety of industrial, institutional, and retail customers. Zep Inc. has a solid presence throughout America and in the international marketplace, reaching into every major city in the United States, Canada and a number of cities in Western Europe. We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager based in Toronto or Montreal. As a BDM, you will be leading the business development efforts in a designated territory, to generate new business opportunities and maintain high levels of satisfaction with current major customer accounts.
Develops key national/regional single or multi-site accounts either individually or in concert with outside sales representatives. Ability to drive the Zep Sales Process of market analysis, customer qualification and identification, funnel management, developing and making customer presentations to key decision makers, closing and account management. Key focus will be on new business development and existing major account retention and growth.
Manage all administrative and operational aspects of personal accounts. Develop talent strategies to support key focused market hires. Monitor sales reports, and provide corrective counter measures to address gaps to meet and exceed individual and regional sales goals.
Growing profitable sales within the territory, retention of key accounts in the Core, transition of all vertical accounts that are identified into vertical businesses.
Ability to coach reps with major accounts toward sales growth within the territory.
- Obtain or exceed assigned annual sales goal through new customer wins and existing customer penetration
- Develop large, single or multi-location account opportunities in assigned region
- Utilize customer resource management tool, Salseforce.com, to manage sales funnel
- Coordinate account wins with appropriate internal resources and ensure timely and efficient on-boarding of new customers
- Understand applicable service model requested by the customer and apply appropriate resources
- Understand profit contribution model and analyze pricing programs using pro forma P&L analysis
- Ensure all environmental, ethical, and company policies are met and provide intervention in the event of a compliance issue
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual French/English
- 5 to 7 years experience in Business Development, Corporate and/or Key Account Sales and/or Sales Management, including account and territory management
- Previous experience in related industries strongly preferred
- Strong, engaging, people-centered leadership style
- Proactive, assertive and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Office and other windows-based programs
- Pro forma experience, strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills, including understanding of ROI, POS analysis
- Participation in Company Bonus Program
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan
Indeed - 18 months ago
*Could This Be Your Moment?*
Since 1937, Zep Inc. has been a leader in the manufacture of industrial and institutional maintenance and...