Located in the West Kootenay of BC, 450 employees of Zellstoff Celgar produce over 1460 tonnes of Bleached Kraft pulp per day and is Castlegar’s leading employer. Our mill is a World Class state of the art facility & we continue to make significant capital investments to maintain that standing! We are 1 of 3 Pulp Mills owned by Mercer International Inc. We are committed to being our customers’ preferred supplier of customized pulp and maintaining our responsible position within the community.
We are now looking for the right person to join our Senior Management Team and play a key role in developing the mill’s strategic plan and supporting its implementation. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Manager, Production drives the planning and coordination of operations, establishes priorities for technical and operational improvements, and develops and deploys high standards for all production functions. Developing a culture of ‘High Performance’, this position ensures the achievement of operational objectives and identifies opportunities to evolve production operations with a focus on improving safety, environmental, reliability, quality, cost and output performances.
If you are looking to align with a progressive organization that respects the potential and ideas of people, let’s review our mutual expectations:
What We Expect
- A bachelor’s degree in a pulp and paper relevant discipline
- Proven expertise in manufacturing management
- A track record of success leading improvements in Safety and Reliability
- Motivation to engage, lead and develop every employee on your team
- An open, honest approach to collaboration
- A high level of integrity and perseverance
What You Can Expect
- A collegial work environment with the most up to-date technology to get the job done
- A collaborative team of professionals . . .your input is welcome!
- A commitment to personal and professional growth . . . we offer career opportunities!
- An incomparable family & recreationally oriented lifestyle with 4 distinct seasons
- Affordable housing in a vibrant community
- A competitive pay, benefit, pension package; relocation assistance
For the discerning professional looking to make a difference, this is a rare opportunity! If you want to live in one of the most desirable places in Canada, then you will want to know more about Zellstoff Celgar! Go to www.mercerint.com. Want to know about Castlegar & the Kootenays? Go to www.castlegar.com
Think you can make a difference? Then send your resume by February 15, 2013.
Apologies in advance; only those applicants whose candidacy best suits our needs will be contacted.
Working together to be the best for our communities, our environment….our future!