Zellers Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Place to work
Customer Service & Cash Supervisor (Former Employee), Summerside, PEFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: Good Job
Cons: Store Closed
Really enjoyed the people I worked with but in all retail positions it had it's challenges with Customers. But at the end of the day it was still good. Miss that we no Longer have Zellers!
zellers
Overnight stocker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: free lunches, music
Cons: doing what felt like others work
Came to work and clean up the morning crews cardboard garbage the pull the unloaded truck to floor and then i went to backroom and organized overstock last hour of may shift was clean up pulling skids off floor into backroom and compacting cardboard, then setting up empty skids of truck, sometimes i had too stay back to help unload. The management was always working leading by example. Cooperative training and friendly work place made for enjoyable night shift. The hardest part of the job was coming into work and having to do the same process every night of cleaning up someone else mess. Doing night shift was always interesting it was like looking behind the curtain on how things work
Cash, stock and inventory, clean
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: great lunch
Cons: long hours
Doing stock and inventory, cleaning shelves and ensured a safe area. l learned how to use a barcode scanner, and cash register and handled money transactions. management and co-workers are great to work with. so time their not enough time in the day. the most enjoyable part of the job is help people.
It was a good company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Friendly environment. Always busy, Constant Classes regarding products. Most management very professional. You were always cleaning, arranging merchandise, taking calls and helping customers.
Sometimes customers were difficult but all in all, It was good.
Amazing customer service experience
Electronic Sales Representative/ Supervisor (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Learned a lot from this company and recommend anyone who wants customer service experience for future opportunities. Enjoyed working with the managers and coworkers. Everyone is polite and friendly
Zellers robots
Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 15, 2016
People were like robots was not pleasant very rude to demanding wanted it to be the greatest company in the world but it was not
team work
Stock Personal (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: tv was in lunch room
Cons: having a negative staff team
they were very disorganized on staff and work method

management did nothing but yell and expect you to read their minds

co-workers only cared for themselves and constantly dumped a customer on eachother
hardest part was finishing my area and it getting destroyed 5 minutes later

most enjoyable part was going home
Enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee), Lasalle, QCDecember 24, 2015
This was an enjoyable place to work as a student very flexable and understanding when it came to scheduling around exam times. They had a good group working together.
24 hour call running three shifts
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONDecember 8, 2015
I had many challenging and interesting experiences there. Met many good people. There were a number of opportunities offered to me of which most I took. Some good training was provided in management and people skills.
great place
Cashier (Former Employee), Orleans, ONDecember 7, 2015
this was a great place to work, while they were hear I had no complaints, I loved working there, glad I got to take over with target.
fine
MMT (Former Employee), Smithers, BCDecember 7, 2015
Pros: seeing what was new
Cons: the pay wasnt good
nothing really to tell skids were finished and stock we got breaks and did what we had to do. I worked another job and was going to school
food handling, prep, serving, cash
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Belleville, ONNovember 26, 2015
Pros: working from 6 am till 3
Cons: never could book time off, missing mu childs school activites
I love working with food, my day would start with a set up for my morning routine making soups ect. Cooking, serving, doing cash.day would end putting everything away and clean up.
Fun working with so many people
Floor clerk (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCNovember 19, 2015
Pros: Helping Customers
Cons: having a too many customers wanting your help at once
While working here had a lot of interacting with customers got to help them any way I could.The management was always so wonderful, the other staff was always enjoyable to be around.
professional
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Moncton, NBNovember 16, 2015
Always a professional workplace but still a friendly place to work. Best part was getting to know my colleges. Doesn't get any better.
A Typical day at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North York, ONNovember 13, 2015
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: Expect to much from 1 associate taking care of 6 areas at 1 time was hard
Keeping busy from the moment I arrived at work making sure the customers are looked after .Greeting people with Smiles and being pleasant . The over all work place was stressful at times but worked well with the hours I needed at the time .
productive
Sales Associate and Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2015
I always checked twice to see if i got there order right and make sure the customers are satisfied. I learned that when customers are rude to you and just make them smile and tell them to have a great day and hope everything goes well.
Amazing opportunity to grow
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 30, 2015
great company to work for there was lots of space to grow and learn new experiences. taught me a lot about different departments and taught me great leadership skills
Okay place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 27, 2015
Boring slow workplace, not much room for advancement. Management was very harsh on workers. Not much on the enjoyable part of this job.
not a good place
Sales Associate /Stock Personnel (Former Employee), coquitlamOctober 25, 2015
Pros: friends i made
Cons: the job
help customers find goods and load in to their car
the co workers where great the mangers where the wrost the game zero care about there employees or their happyness
Customer service representative
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), St Albert, ABOctober 24, 2015
Helping customers to find the products that they required, straightening merchandise that was throughout the store and when required helping as a part time cashier.

The people were great to work with, friendly and helpful.

Most of the time it was great working with the customers and once in a while there would be a customer that would be unhappy no matter what you did.