Zellers Employee Reviews in Canada

productive fun great work experiance
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMay 25, 2016
very interesting great learning experience fun working with clothing setting up displays getting ready for sales pricing all of the clothing
clothing store
Cashier duties (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NSMay 25, 2016
my first summer job at 16 and through out the years I got to work in many departments .enjoyed meeting many people and loved worling with the customers
enjoyed working here
Department Head, Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ONMay 25, 2016
Although the company no longer exists it was a good place to gain retail experience as well as customer service. I worked most part time hours and at the time raising a family found it hard to make ends meet.
Great store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 25, 2016
wish it never close i would still be working there to this date. there store was great and great employess loved zellers!
Productive place of work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONMay 24, 2016
Did not remain long as it closed in September 2012. However management was a mess, and it served as a place with no job advancement
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
management
i miss them
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCMay 9, 2016
it was heart breaking they closed down in canada. They were my first real good job in Canada. All the locations i worked at were nice and friendly. I felt dafe and welcomed. I wish they had stayed up.
was a enjoyable place to work
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSMay 7, 2016
I enjoyed working at zellers cause you had something different to do everyday you went to work . i enjoyed my co workers as we all got along i learned to work cash ,put orders thru and stock shelves
cash,customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMay 6, 2016
operated cash and conducted customer transactions.made sure shelves and clothes racks were kept in good order .always maintain a friendly working relationship with customers
Fast paced and rewarding
OVERNIGHT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 4, 2016
Typical day...Reviewed work needed for the day with evening manager.
Organized stock for the different staff in different departments.
Put out stock and follow up with staff to ensure work is done productively and problems that arise are solved.
Signage is up properly.
Review new information and concerns with opening manager.

I learned how to best utilize my time and others. I also learned how to work with other management and organize staff.

Management was helpful and fun to work with.

I enjoyed working with a very hard working group of people.

The hardest part of my job was working long hours (min 10).

I really enjoyed working with the merchandise and seeing displays come together.
Pros
Job Satisfaction (seeing things come together)
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier / Electronics / Fashion (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NBMay 4, 2016
Was my favourite place I ever worked. Management was always flexible while I was in school. I found that it was a great environment and team atmosphere.
Overall positive experience
Senior Sales associate (Retail) (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QCMay 1, 2016
This was a great company to work for. Great pay with career advancement possibility. Speaking both French and English was a definite asset for me.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
uncertain future
productive
Christmas seasonal staff (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BCApril 28, 2016
while working at Zellers my day consisted of re stocking shelves and working as a cashier. The management was good and I enjoyed working with my co workers
The best retail store ever to work!
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 13, 2016
This place was like a huge family, I really loved working here, I worked here three times. It was one of my very first jobs and every time I ever needed extra money at Christmas time I went back to work the seasonal help. I absolutely loved working here at any location.
Pros
All locations were like one big family.
Cons
Worked weekends.
Very productive work environment
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 8, 2016
A typical work day called for reviewing the recorded events from the previous day or night, ensure the office is clear of all items that can pose a danger to the clients or oneself and read the daily report from Investigator from the previous shift. Then on to seeking out shoplifters or trespass violators.

Without revealing trade secrets, seeking out and catching a shoplifter--whether it's a fraud or a theft--was the best part of the job. To be honest, I took this job because I was looking for for employment. It wasn't intended to be something long-term. As you can see in my resume, it lasted over a decade. So, it is with life; sometimes we seek a place to just to make some money and it can turn into a career. I have that personality though. I love to work. But if there isn't room for improvement, it can be a deterrent for something long-term. Because I usually put my all into every shift I work; as my father used to say..."Do the job like you're doing it for God."
Pros
The adrenalin behind catching a shoplifter is amazing.
Cons
That same adrenalin can cause one to be hurt or killed.
Fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 7, 2016
Had a great experience, the Zellers brand is now closed.

Would go in, set up my register...huddle with management and colleagues in the mornings

Assist clients at the customer service desk, with returns, complaints, etc

Management was great...we didn't always see eye to eye, however there was compromise and trust. Had great leadership

Co-workers were so fun, and always made work not really work...still friends with people I worked with all that time ago

Hardest part of the job is hearing complaints, however it taught me so many great skills in dealing with people and handling uncomfortable situations responsibly and professionally

Didn't feel like work, just enjoyed every moment and felt good
Pros
People I worked with
Cons
None to think of to make too much note of
Excellent Opportunity!~
Sales Associate/Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 1, 2016
The Hudson's Bay Company's former discount department retailer, Zellers, offered me a wonderful work environment full of great coworkers and customers!~
Zellers
Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
Repleshment of stock, unloading, internal transportation in the store, replenishing stock, picking goods from the warehouse for handing out to customers, using the correct equipment in a safe and efficient way to minimise damage to stock and equipment.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Bureaucracy
N/a
Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONMarch 27, 2016
N/A as this company has closed down its stores. Working for Zellers was okay as a part-time job while in school, but this is definitely not a career potential.
Fast learner
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2016
I ran till..gave change to all cashiers when needed..assign tasks daily opened an closed store. Was fun to help people and come to work with amazing co workers
Was fun place with good staff
Personal Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 14, 2016
Was able to grow from ground up until you had to deal with people in other areas that ended up killing the company! Was sad to see it go but unfortunately was the way it was!