Zellers

Zellers Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
zellers
Cook / Kitchen Help (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 21, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: long hours, lots of independant work
Prepared food orders from customers efficiently and safely
Kept inventory up to date and prepared stock for next day
Maintained clean and sanitized kitchen area at all times as per Safe Food Handling guidelines
Productive. challenging and fun place to work.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 20, 2014
Pros: opportunity to meet many great people
Each day was always a welcoming challenge to put stock out to ensure product is available for the customers. Enjoyed helping customers locate products to ensure they left happy and satisfied. Worked with a great group of people that I was pleased to lead and work along side.
ok
Sales Associate / Cash Associate (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONJuly 16, 2014
management track good place to work boring at times when on night shift
Fast paced workplace
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: making sure to remain at your cash register
Being the Cashier; a typical day at Zellers was to await customers to approach with their purchase for me to ring them through. Upon a slow day, I would make sure the my work area is clean.

As a cashier at Zellers I was trained how to work the til and the rest of the responsibilities which comes as a cashier which was my very first experience.

Zellers – more... management would always be present in the workplace to check up on their employees; therefore, whenever I had any questions or concerns, someone was available to assist me.

My coworkers were extremely encouraging.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the speed in which I cashed out customers items to reduce the lineup behind the cash.

The most enjoyable part of the job was noticing my improvements and finishing with a successful night. – less
sale rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2014
pick up the clothing, re-fill stock, help out with customer care, report any stolen item.
-I was exactly where I wanted to be
Door to floor (Former Employee), Regina, SKJuly 9, 2014
Pros: -the staff members
Cons: -the long hours
-Productive sometimes management would want more than we could give.
Enjoyable job
supply chain associate (Former Employee), Midland, ONJuly 3, 2014
Pros: great attmosphere
Cons: not enough hours
always busy, took care of entire stock room, covered holidays for shipping/receiving. not a lot tough about this job, and I kied I got my work out at work.
Productive and Interactive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 25, 2014
- Customer care was important, and constant reminder of adequate interpersonal skills helped advance my knowledge
- Organizational skills are required in order to keep the products in order, as well as receiving shipping
- Encouraged to take leadership role on floor
Productive, Engaging, Interactive, Flexible
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 22, 2014
A typical day of work consisted of maintaining cleanliness around the sore and assisting the customers with questions about products. I learned to communicate effectively with customers so that they understand the top quality products Zellers had to offer as well as problem-solving skills. Management was well organized, effectively communicated with – more... everyone working within Zellers and gave all working members the equal opportunity to voice our opinions. Zellers really cared for its employees based on encouragement from the manager and frequent activities. The co-workers were detail-oriented, productive, and continuously working to help out each other; they also looked out for the smaller employees when faced with an inappropriate customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a wide variety of customers and learning about different strategies of communication that helps make retail an enriching experience. – less
slow unorganized company
Cashier (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 22, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: management, store policy, organization of the store
A day at work I would be standing at the register most of my shift, scanning items for costumers and taking their payments. Management was very unorganized and majority of the time had no idea what they were doing. They were very pushy for the employees to sign costumers up with the HBC credit card. No matter the age or state of mind of the costumer. – more... They would pressure you the most to sign up elderly people because they sometimes had no idea what they were signing up for. My co workers were very out going people and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job would be signing up costumers for the credit card. If you didn't you would lose your shifts to the employees who signed up more costumers then you. – less
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 21, 2014
liked placing stock
helping customer find what their were looking for
liked the co-workers
productive fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Dorval, QCJune 17, 2014
good days and bad days long hours learned to be responsible and patient dealing with sales and returns management was good and my co workers were great people.
Food Service
Food Service Associate (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough hpurs
• Provide friendly efficient customer service in food services.
• Recognize and respond to the customer's basic needs, identify opportunities to promote and provide advice in restaurant products.
• Ring in sales accurately
In the years i worked for Zellers i truly enjoyed the job.
Sales clerk/ cashier (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJune 9, 2014
Pros: it was a stable job for me while my kids were growing up. made lots of friends.
Working on the sales floor at Zellers was great. I got to expand my self and grow. It waa
caring place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), peterboroughJune 7, 2014
I worked with and for a great team, every day was different and interesting. Seeing the regular customers, it was like an extended family
work day
Hardline Supervisor (Former Employee), Trail BCJune 4, 2014
I co managed this store . I would open the store hold 5 minute meeting in the mornings to talk about sales and what we needed to do for the day. It other staff members had questions we would answer there questions to the best of our ability. Of course work long hours when your in retail. I also make schedules for my team of people that worked under – more... me.We worked as a team and made the store presentable so people can shop easily. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people. The hardest was trying to please the customers.

I also ran over nite crews who stocked the store as it was much easier to work over nite when no customers where around. – less
meh
Cashier (Former Employee), OttawaMay 29, 2014
It was alright, Didnt really get along with management.
Avoided picking up shifts that were available.
not a good place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaMay 26, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: not enough hours, not enough work hours
Couldn't get full time, lots of weeks only scheduled for 15 hours.
No benefits offered, raises were only 5-20 cents a year.
Best Job I've Had
Server (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 26, 2014
Working at Zellers was great for the simplicity of the atmosphere. You knew what your job was and with some training, I got a good understanding of a major corporation such as Zellers, from an employee point of view. My managers and co-workers have always treated me with kindness. The hardest part of my job is the customers are usually rude, but you – more... the most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to properly deal with difficult people. – less
family store
Cashier to Merchandize Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 22, 2014
Pros: family
Cons: long hours and heavy work
Hard work but rewarding. Management work right along with you. Co-workers and Managers worked together.

1 2 3 4 5

About Zellers

Zellers Inc. is Canada's second-largest chain of mass merchandise discount stores, with locations in communities across Canada. – Read more