Zellers Employee Reviews

Good job; pleasant work environment, great co-workers
Overnight crew (M.M.T.) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 September 2016
I enjoyed working at Zellers. I worked overnights as shipper/receiver. My coworkers were great. We worked well as a team.
We loaded and unloaded merchandise, stocked shelves, cleaned and organized stock and shelves
Management was good. I was still sleeping well during the day so this job was a good fit for me at that time.
This job ended because the Zellers stores closed in Winnipeg.
Pros
Good work environment, good team work
Cons
Store closed
overall excellent company to work for.
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 October 2016
Your day starts very early as we set up for incoming freight and organized skids for the evening restock crew. I spent most of the day picking items for all departments. I enjoyed working with all the staff and management, learning about logistics, time management and general people pleasing skills.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
too much middle management.
I was the stockroom supervisor and had a crew putting out stock during the early mornings
Stockroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops8 October 2016
Was a great place to work. Would have stayed and retired there. Had a great crew that worked under me I liked the challenges of the job. I learned a lot from working the cash register to customer service and maintaining planograms
Pros
Hours worked with my family life
Cons
Store closed down
stylish, colorful, great quality, different size for different ages,also different products
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
great team work, friendly, responsible, on time, skillful,smart,and kind manager. always cheering customer up was employees big duties.the most important thing was caring customer because our liability was customers attraction and keeping them satisfied.
Working at Zellers
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS10 November 2016
Zellers was a company that helped me grow. I was able to make so many friends and learn new things. I did:

Cashier
Customer Service
Worked in Toy Department
Worked in the Clothing Department

I miss Zellers and wish it didn't closed down.
Pros
Friendly Enivornment
Cons
Didn't close during snow storms
Productive and fun work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 August 2016
I got along with everyone I worked with. If I had been kept on longer than the couple months of seasonal work, I could see myself advancing in their company. I enjoyed working in the jewelry department more than being a cashier. The only issue was pushing the credit card. That was my biggest downfall.
It was like a family
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga31 August 2016
Zellers was a great place to work. It was like a big family we all looked out for each other. Which in turn meant we got things done we all worked together. It was very busy at times but then we pulled together. A lot of wonderful repetitive customers because of the atmosphere.
Pros
Team players
Cons
Closed down way to early
Good working environment, helpful management
Records management (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON30 June 2016
Enjoyed working within the retail culture, always learning something new and expanding my knowledge of store operations.
Constantly seeking out solutions to help maintain productivity and to enable a more profitable margin for the retail establishment.
Pros
Company discount was offered, paid vacation upon accrual
Cons
little margin for advancement within the company regardless of senority
Zellers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 October 2016
A typical day at work was to open stock and put it out, and while doing this I also had to attend to customer needs, and I would also be available to the cashiers to verify prices via the cashier phones. I also was the fitting room attendant which at times I could be on one side of the store and have to quickly go over to the next side to attend to customers waiting for a fitting room. While doing all of this I was also in charge of making sure my department (lingerie and fitting rooms) were all clean, clear, and safe for customers and co-workers. I learned how to multi-task efficiently, and the importance of teamwork. Management was supportive at times, and my co-workers were always very supportive, and able to assist when and how I needed. The hardest part of the job was keeping an irate customer calm, but by working on this objective I was able to overcome this. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new individuals and becoming a work family
Unorganized and Uncommunicative.
Merchandise Movement Team Member (Former Employee) –  East York, ON3 October 2016
Very unorganized company. It did not communicate or implement new procedures or policy changes well to its employees or customers. I would not wish to ever work for this company again.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Difficult work conditions.
A fun and fast-paced working and learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON16 October 2016
Working at Zellers was my first plight into the workforce. It was an experience that helped me develop both professionally and personally and granted me an opportunity to develop skills in customer service and product selling.
good place to learn on a first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 September 2016
This was a great place to work as a first job for me to learn how to communicate with people not just my coworkers but the general public. learning how to work fast, and effectively especially during peak times like Christmas.
Pros
located in a mall
Cons
disorganized management
interactive with team, productive and motivated to get the job done
Merchandise Renovation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2016
A typical overnight shift as a Renovation crew member at Zellers was very fulfilling with great encouragement given by Team leaders, Supervisors and other members of staff who are all very explicit and I am thankful of being able to follow instructions. Co-workers i.e. team members all complied to have a successful renovation in designs, fixtures, shelving, stocking and inventory, pricing and printing expiry dates. Some day shifts were available in customer service.
Great atmosphere
Stock Clerk/Receiving (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON29 November 2016
This is the best place to work they are very kind and appreciate people to work for . They allow you to work over time and you can cover more than one position with high chances to learn new skills.
Pros
Very great atmosphere for learning
Cons
No cons
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 November 2016
It was alright, the staff were supportive and willing to teach (the managers will do this when they can) and there will be some fun here and there. Some of the staff are real characters and be prepared to hear stories during quiet days.
Sadly this business closed.
Hardlines Sales and Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 November 2016
Only left the job because the company was closing. Great people and management. The job was satisfying. Sad to see that the company is gone. Would definitely work there again.
A great place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS17 October 2016
I really enjoyed handling freight,working on cash,working with the public and working in all different departments.I have made a lot of good friends that were my co-workers.
Pros
Good breaks
Excellent Staff
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON3 June 2016
My co-workers were amazing, and very helpful especially when I first started working there. They were remarkably flexible with allowing me to do co-op as well as employment through there. I was able to do co-op for schooling from 1:00 PM until 3:00 PM and I was scheduled on none co-op week days as well as weekends for paid work.
Fast paced and rewarding
OVERNIGHT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 May 2016
Typical day...Reviewed work needed for the day with evening manager.
Organized stock for the different staff in different departments.
Put out stock and follow up with staff to ensure work is done productively and problems that arise are solved.
Signage is up properly.
Review new information and concerns with opening manager.

I learned how to best utilize my time and others. I also learned how to work with other management and organize staff.

Management was helpful and fun to work with.

I enjoyed working with a very hard working group of people.

The hardest part of my job was working long hours (min 10).

I really enjoyed working with the merchandise and seeing displays come together.
Pros
Job Satisfaction (seeing things come together)
great place to work
Picker/Stocker Hamilton Ontario (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 August 2016
management was fantastic
used forklifts order pickers
early start early finishes 5 am start
steady shifts
environment was fast paced
unloaded trucks
Pros
people were so respectful and genuine