Zellers Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Zellers - Team Member
Customer Service Rep. / Cashier (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 7, 2016
Pros: Flexiablity
Zellers was a great company to work for, I had a fantasic time. I was learning different areas to work. Customer Service, Cash and I would help on the floors to stock and put things in proper places.

The management were really easy to get alone and speak to when it came to any problems which was not often.

One of the hard parts was trying to get everyone to sign up for the MasterCard which they tried to get about 5 per shift which could be difficult if people have one or do not want one as they had to many cards already.
Fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CASHIER (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONApril 7, 2016
Pros: People I worked with
Cons: None to think of to make too much note of
Had a great experience, the Zellers brand is now closed.

Would go in, set up my register...huddle with management and colleagues in the mornings

Assist clients at the customer service desk, with returns, complaints, etc

Management was great...we didn't always see eye to eye, however there was compromise and trust. Had great leadership

Co-workers were so fun, and always made work not really work...still friends with people I worked with all that time ago

Hardest part of the job is hearing complaints, however it taught me so many great skills in dealing with people and handling uncomfortable situations responsibly and professionally

Didn't feel like work, just enjoyed every moment and felt good
show that u can laugh at a job and bring happiness to others while they do there job also
night crew (Former Employee), Orillia, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: nt long enough for some of the work that was to be done
come in at 10 pm finish at 7 am unload truck sort out products moved skids to areas for workers to work off of to put the product on the shelves and clean u my area and put product in back room neatly skid in areas it belong in and help other with there work loads
zellers
Overnight stocker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: free lunches, music
Cons: doing what felt like others work
Came to work and clean up the morning crews cardboard garbage the pull the unloaded truck to floor and then i went to backroom and organized overstock last hour of may shift was clean up pulling skids off floor into backroom and compacting cardboard, then setting up empty skids of truck, sometimes i had too stay back to help unload. The management was always working leading by example. Cooperative training and friendly work place made for enjoyable night shift. The hardest part of the job was coming into work and having to do the same process every night of cleaning up someone else mess. Doing night shift was always interesting it was like looking behind the curtain on how things work
The best retail store ever to work!
Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 13, 2016
Pros: All locations were like one big family.
Cons: Worked weekends.
This place was like a huge family, I really loved working here, I worked here three times. It was one of my very first jobs and every time I ever needed extra money at Christmas time I went back to work the seasonal help. I absolutely loved working here at any location.
team work
Stock Personal (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: tv was in lunch room
Cons: having a negative staff team
they were very disorganized on staff and work method

management did nothing but yell and expect you to read their minds

co-workers only cared for themselves and constantly dumped a customer on eachother
hardest part was finishing my area and it getting destroyed 5 minutes later

most enjoyable part was going home
Cash, stock and inventory, clean
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: great lunch
Cons: long hours
Doing stock and inventory, cleaning shelves and ensured a safe area. l learned how to use a barcode scanner, and cash register and handled money transactions. management and co-workers are great to work with. so time their not enough time in the day. the most enjoyable part of the job is help people.
Zellers
Stocking Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
Pros: Good Company
Cons: Bureaucracy
Repleshment of stock, unloading, internal transportation in the store, replenishing stock, picking goods from the warehouse for handing out to customers, using the correct equipment in a safe and efficient way to minimise damage to stock and equipment.
Zellers
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 11, 2016
High School Job
- stock clerk, help customers with carry outs and shopping
- performed inventory control and operating cardboard bailers and motorized pump trucks
- management was easy going and understanding and gave a clear outlook on daily goals
- coworkers were nice and easy going as well
It was a good company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Friendly environment. Always busy, Constant Classes regarding products. Most management very professional. You were always cleaning, arranging merchandise, taking calls and helping customers.
Sometimes customers were difficult but all in all, It was good.
Amazing customer service experience
Electronic Sales Representative/ Supervisor (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Learned a lot from this company and recommend anyone who wants customer service experience for future opportunities. Enjoyed working with the managers and coworkers. Everyone is polite and friendly
Customer service representative
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), St Albert, ABOctober 24, 2015
Helping customers to find the products that they required, straightening merchandise that was throughout the store and when required helping as a part time cashier.

The people were great to work with, friendly and helpful.

Most of the time it was great working with the customers and once in a while there would be a customer that would be unhappy no matter what you did.
Typical day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Staff discount, free lunches bonuses
Cons: The company closed the store which was very hard as I had been with them for 22 years
My job with Zellers near the end I was a Key Holder. It was a step up for me which made me feel that I could do this position, I had different tasks in my job from key holder, cashier, receiving, working in the pharamacy for 8 years as a OTC.
Was not what you expect
Electronics sales associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 4, 2016
The job at zellers was alright however being in electronics i was seperated from the rest of the associates and when they closed they didnt offer severence to anyone who had not been there for 5 years.
A Typical day at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North York, ONNovember 13, 2015
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: Expect to much from 1 associate taking care of 6 areas at 1 time was hard
Keeping busy from the moment I arrived at work making sure the customers are looked after .Greeting people with Smiles and being pleasant . The over all work place was stressful at times but worked well with the hours I needed at the time .
a good environment to work
Pharmacy OTC Associate (Former Employee), ONOctober 7, 2015
Pros: Bunos plan when we reach the required sale., Have a pension plan for the permanent employee.
Cons: long hours and unreasonable guests
Always busy,.
Learned how to deal with different kind of customer.
The management are always there to provide guidance and assistance when needed. Co-workers are a team player, and one reason that makes me stay in this company for a long time. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the unreasonable,demanding customer.
Good Place to work
Customer Service & Cash Supervisor (Former Employee), Summerside, PEFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: Good Job
Cons: Store Closed
Really enjoyed the people I worked with but in all retail positions it had it's challenges with Customers. But at the end of the day it was still good. Miss that we no Longer have Zellers!
Overall positive experience
Senior Sales associate (Retail) (Former Employee), Trois-Rivières, QCMay 1, 2016
Pros: Great pay
Cons: uncertain future
This was a great company to work for. Great pay with career advancement possibility. Speaking both French and English was a definite asset for me.
food handling, prep, serving, cash
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Belleville, ONNovember 26, 2015
Pros: working from 6 am till 3
Cons: never could book time off, missing mu childs school activites
I love working with food, my day would start with a set up for my morning routine making soups ect. Cooking, serving, doing cash.day would end putting everything away and clean up.
Educational
Sales Attendant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 6, 2015
Great opportunity to learn and experience how to deal with guests on multiple different levels of service. Management was like any other retailer, this job mostly taught me how to handle guest interactions under stress due to the store having notice of closure, we dealt with many stressful scenarios. All in all a great first job with allowed me to mature in the guest service industry