Zellers Employee Reviews in Canada

i miss them
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCMay 9, 2016
it was heart breaking they closed down in canada. They were my first real good job in Canada. All the locations i worked at were nice and friendly. I felt dafe and welcomed. I wish they had stayed up.
was a enjoyable place to work
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSMay 7, 2016
I enjoyed working at zellers cause you had something different to do everyday you went to work . i enjoyed my co workers as we all got along i learned to work cash ,put orders thru and stock shelves
cash,customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMay 6, 2016
operated cash and conducted customer transactions.made sure shelves and clothes racks were kept in good order .always maintain a friendly working relationship with customers
Fast paced and rewarding
OVERNIGHT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 4, 2016
Typical day...Reviewed work needed for the day with evening manager.
Organized stock for the different staff in different departments.
Put out stock and follow up with staff to ensure work is done productively and problems that arise are solved.
Signage is up properly.
Review new information and concerns with opening manager.

I learned how to best utilize my time and others. I also learned how to work with other management and organize staff.

Management was helpful and fun to work with.

I enjoyed working with a very hard working group of people.

The hardest part of my job was working long hours (min 10).

I really enjoyed working with the merchandise and seeing displays come together.
Pros
Job Satisfaction (seeing things come together)
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier / Electronics / Fashion (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NBMay 4, 2016
Was my favourite place I ever worked. Management was always flexible while I was in school. I found that it was a great environment and team atmosphere.
Overall positive experience
Senior Sales associate (Retail) (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QCMay 1, 2016
This was a great company to work for. Great pay with career advancement possibility. Speaking both French and English was a definite asset for me.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
uncertain future
productive
Christmas seasonal staff (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BCApril 28, 2016
while working at Zellers my day consisted of re stocking shelves and working as a cashier. The management was good and I enjoyed working with my co workers
The best retail store ever to work!
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 13, 2016
This place was like a huge family, I really loved working here, I worked here three times. It was one of my very first jobs and every time I ever needed extra money at Christmas time I went back to work the seasonal help. I absolutely loved working here at any location.
Pros
All locations were like one big family.
Cons
Worked weekends.
Very productive work environment
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 8, 2016
A typical work day called for reviewing the recorded events from the previous day or night, ensure the office is clear of all items that can pose a danger to the clients or oneself and read the daily report from Investigator from the previous shift. Then on to seeking out shoplifters or trespass violators.

Without revealing trade secrets, seeking out and catching a shoplifter--whether it's a fraud or a theft--was the best part of the job. To be honest, I took this job because I was looking for for employment. It wasn't intended to be something long-term. As you can see in my resume, it lasted over a decade. So, it is with life; sometimes we seek a place to just to make some money and it can turn into a career. I have that personality though. I love to work. But if there isn't room for improvement, it can be a deterrent for something long-term. Because I usually put my all into every shift I work; as my father used to say..."Do the job like you're doing it for God."
Pros
The adrenalin behind catching a shoplifter is amazing.
Cons
That same adrenalin can cause one to be hurt or killed.
Fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 7, 2016
Had a great experience, the Zellers brand is now closed.

Would go in, set up my register...huddle with management and colleagues in the mornings

Assist clients at the customer service desk, with returns, complaints, etc

Management was great...we didn't always see eye to eye, however there was compromise and trust. Had great leadership

Co-workers were so fun, and always made work not really work...still friends with people I worked with all that time ago

Hardest part of the job is hearing complaints, however it taught me so many great skills in dealing with people and handling uncomfortable situations responsibly and professionally

Didn't feel like work, just enjoyed every moment and felt good
Pros
People I worked with
Cons
None to think of to make too much note of
Excellent Opportunity!~
Sales Associate/Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 1, 2016
The Hudson's Bay Company's former discount department retailer, Zellers, offered me a wonderful work environment full of great coworkers and customers!~
Zellers
Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
Repleshment of stock, unloading, internal transportation in the store, replenishing stock, picking goods from the warehouse for handing out to customers, using the correct equipment in a safe and efficient way to minimise damage to stock and equipment.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Bureaucracy
N/a
Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONMarch 27, 2016
N/A as this company has closed down its stores. Working for Zellers was okay as a part-time job while in school, but this is definitely not a career potential.
Fast learner
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2016
I ran till..gave change to all cashiers when needed..assign tasks daily opened an closed store. Was fun to help people and come to work with amazing co workers
Was fun place with good staff
Personal Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 14, 2016
Was able to grow from ground up until you had to deal with people in other areas that ended up killing the company! Was sad to see it go but unfortunately was the way it was!
Zellers
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 11, 2016
High School Job
- stock clerk, help customers with carry outs and shopping
- performed inventory control and operating cardboard bailers and motorized pump trucks
- management was easy going and understanding and gave a clear outlook on daily goals
- coworkers were nice and easy going as well
Productive during christmas
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2016
A lot of hard workers
Management is very good with employees
The store was very good when it came to stolen items in the store. every one seemed nice and honest for the most part.
Zellers - Team Member
Customer Service Rep. / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 7, 2016
Zellers was a great company to work for, I had a fantasic time. I was learning different areas to work. Customer Service, Cash and I would help on the floors to stock and put things in proper places.

The management were really easy to get alone and speak to when it came to any problems which was not often.

One of the hard parts was trying to get everyone to sign up for the MasterCard which they tried to get about 5 per shift which could be difficult if people have one or do not want one as they had to many cards already.
Pros
Flexiablity
n/a
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 4, 2016
I left Zellers because it was no longer fun to work there. To many changes where happening to fast and it was not good for the company.
Was not what you expect
Electronics sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMarch 4, 2016
The job at zellers was alright however being in electronics i was seperated from the rest of the associates and when they closed they didnt offer severence to anyone who had not been there for 5 years.