Zellers Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
environnement travail
Commis plancher (Former Employee) –  Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, QC17 September 2017
trés bonne équipe j'ai appris beaucoup de chose qui m'a permis de prendre l'expérience dans le service à la clientéle
Pros
aucun
Fast paced and fun place
Fashion Specialist and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 September 2017
Start the day off with a 5 minute morning meeting and then to your departments. Clean up any mess left from the previous day and work on fashion planograms to ensure that the departments are setup to the company standards. Ensure that all wall and table displays are full and appealing to the eye to encourage customers to buy. Restock any empty shelves and answer customer or cashier questions. Be additional cash associate and help cashiers get change when needed. Train new associates and put out new product on arrival.

I learned how you vcan be thrown into a project but flourish when given the chance. The management changed quite often and some managers were better than others. the best managers were those that helped out on the floor and answered any questions that staff or customers had.

The workplace was busy and fun. Most of the staff got along well and had a great time together. There was a bit of a high school feel because of the cliques that formed.

The hardest part of the job was not having the full support of the supervisors. I would often have to train new supervisors, managers, and staff on the working of the fashion departments. This was because most of the time I had more experience in the area then they did. The most enjoyable part was the people that I worked with who were very fun.
Pros
Staff comrodery
Cons
Wages were not great
Good experience
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 September 2017
It was a part of a school program. Supposed to work in office with accounting team but did mostly everything else but that. However, it was a new experience for me.
Loved it
Stock Clerk/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 September 2017
This company had both good management and employees It saddened me greatly when they shut this store down. Wonderful place to work. Great Place......
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 September 2017
zellers was great place work .cashier was fun .co worker was friendly supervise friendly .i enjoy work at zellers place be never street work place . cheap store shop family
Pros
Cons
parttime
Great place to work, enjoyed it very much
Men's fashion (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB10 September 2017
Worked there for 6 yrs, till the very last day it closed in 2012. i enjoyed working with the people and management was very easy to get along with, i was sad when they closed down. i learned alot about fashion and how to open to people more cause i was a very shy person when i first started retail
Pros
great holday meals
Cons
had some late nights like working till 10 pm.
Loved it
Women apparel associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON5 September 2017
Loved working at Zellers, wish they were still around. I folded clothes and cleaned up the floors of clothes, it was pretty easy. Loved the people they were friendly and the customers were nice. I miss Zellers.
Pros
Good environment to work in
Cons
Closed down
Highschool Job
Merchadising and operations (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, Fairview Mall4 September 2017
I had joined the zellers team because they had a strict regimented determination to work with me! I was an Army Cadet and they worked around my schedual for not only school but for my Cadet Career as well! Ahhh to be young again!
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
On my feet
Not what I expected
Commis au plancher (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 September 2017
Zellers had bankrupt since 2013. The work environement wasn't great, nobody cared anymore since there was no job security due to financial difficulty.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed working in the harshest customer service experience. Customers weren't pleased at the company attitude and carelessness. I learned a lot.
Pros
Relax
Cons
Bankrupt
Family Family Family
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 August 2017
I started here at 18 and left at 33 it Was a great learning experience.
This job developed my customer service expertise. They are a family orientated company. Family first.
Great Managers make Great Employees.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Closed down
Worked 17 years at Zellers.
Open and Close Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON30 August 2017
Great place to work at first then changed no more perks. And because of that a lot tension. I am loyal and reliable therefore, I stayed until the end when the store closed.
This was a nice job to start my career.
Stockroom/Night Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 August 2017
A typical day at work included restocking shelves, unloading trucks, customer service. I learned about stock rotation, inventory, customer service. Management was ever changing and you had to adjust a lot. Workplace culture was friendly. Hardest part of the job was the pace was fast. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
Met a lot of people. Busy all the time.
Cons
Not enough pay.
Very Active
Stocking Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 August 2017
It was busy morning stocking. Learned a lot. The supervisor was very helpful. Workplace culture was good. Enjoy stocking in the different department. The co-worker was very helpful.
No longer in business
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 August 2017
This was a good company to work for. Overall good potential for advancement. Store managers were for the most part helpful and encouraging. Good training program.
Best Job Ever
(Merchandise Movement Team Leader) Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 August 2017
Zellers was a really nice retail store. No longer in Canada but definitely had what it takes to compete with other major retailers. Zellers operated under HBC, which is still around. It is a good company and knows their business. They take care of their people and pay is good.
Pros
Development opportunities
Cons
Overlooking retail trend
Environnement plaisant
Serveuse/Caissière (Former Employee) –  Quebec, QC22 August 2017
M'a apporté le sens des responsabilités et d'être dans une équipe dynamique, avoir a géré des commandes et une inventaire pour servir la clientèle
Pros
Pourcentage de rabais
Cons
Rien à redire
Zellers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS18 August 2017
I started just out of High school and started working on the floor, stocking shelves, then moved into cashier and then into the Customer Service desk. It was a great job
Pros
Working with the public
Wonderful company, Shameful they closed the store chain
Electronics specialist, cashier, sales (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE17 August 2017
I loved my job here working in various departments. It was a job like any I looked forward to waking up everyday, going to work, interacting with the customers and co-workers. Like all my jobs I loved and if you love something like a job you will thrive in time.
Pros
Great hours, Supervisors wonderful
Cons
Harsh management, Training was not efficent
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 August 2017
Cashier; responsible for signing customers up for HBC MasterCard, scanning customers purchases and collecting cash in exchange while providing excellent customer service.
-In charge of closing and opening cash tills at the beginning and ending of each shift.
-Responsible for organizing, replenishing and cleaning area around the cash registers.
-Assisted in providing coverage in the electronics department when required.
Pros
part time
Cons
boring sometime
Shipping/Recieving
Shipping & Receiving, Part Time (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON6 August 2017
Zellers is closed. Although a fun place to work at when open due to fellow employees and management there was very little to no advancement. Easy work.
Pros
Staff
Cons
No consistancy