Zellers Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
productive
Christmas seasonal staff (Former Employee), Prince Rupert, BCApril 28, 2016
while working at Zellers my day consisted of re stocking shelves and working as a cashier. The management was good and I enjoyed working with my co workers
The best retail store ever to work!
Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 13, 2016
Pros: All locations were like one big family.
Cons: Worked weekends.
This place was like a huge family, I really loved working here, I worked here three times. It was one of my very first jobs and every time I ever needed extra money at Christmas time I went back to work the seasonal help. I absolutely loved working here at any location.
Very productive work environment
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 8, 2016
Pros: The adrenalin behind catching a shoplifter is amazing.
Cons: That same adrenalin can cause one to be hurt or killed.
A typical work day called for reviewing the recorded events from the previous day or night, ensure the office is clear of all items that can pose a danger to the clients or oneself and read the daily report from Investigator from the previous shift. Then on to seeking out shoplifters or trespass violators.

Without revealing trade secrets, seeking out and catching a shoplifter--whether it's a fraud or a theft--was the best part of the job. To be honest, I took this job because I was looking for for employment. It wasn't intended to be something long-term. As you can see in my resume, it lasted over a decade. So, it is with life; sometimes we seek a place to just to make some money and it can turn into a career. I have that personality though. I love to work. But if there isn't room for improvement, it can be a deterrent for something long-term. Because I usually put my all into every shift I work; as my father used to say..."Do the job like you're doing it for God."
Fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CASHIER (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONApril 7, 2016
Pros: People I worked with
Cons: None to think of to make too much note of
Had a great experience, the Zellers brand is now closed.

Would go in, set up my register...huddle with management and colleagues in the mornings

Assist clients at the customer service desk, with returns, complaints, etc

Management was great...we didn't always see eye to eye, however there was compromise and trust. Had great leadership

Co-workers were so fun, and always made work not really work...still friends with people I worked with all that time ago

Hardest part of the job is hearing complaints, however it taught me so many great skills in dealing with people and handling uncomfortable situations responsibly and professionally

Didn't feel like work, just enjoyed every moment and felt good
Excellent Opportunity!~
Sales Associate/Warehouseman (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 1, 2016
The Hudson's Bay Company's former discount department retailer, Zellers, offered me a wonderful work environment full of great coworkers and customers!~
Zellers
Stocking Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
Pros: Good Company
Cons: Bureaucracy
Repleshment of stock, unloading, internal transportation in the store, replenishing stock, picking goods from the warehouse for handing out to customers, using the correct equipment in a safe and efficient way to minimise damage to stock and equipment.
N/a
Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee), GTA, ONMarch 27, 2016
N/A as this company has closed down its stores. Working for Zellers was okay as a part-time job while in school, but this is definitely not a career potential.
Fast learner
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2016
I ran till..gave change to all cashiers when needed..assign tasks daily opened an closed store. Was fun to help people and come to work with amazing co workers
Was fun place with good staff
Personal Manager (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 14, 2016
Was able to grow from ground up until you had to deal with people in other areas that ended up killing the company! Was sad to see it go but unfortunately was the way it was!
Zellers
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 11, 2016
High School Job
- stock clerk, help customers with carry outs and shopping
- performed inventory control and operating cardboard bailers and motorized pump trucks
- management was easy going and understanding and gave a clear outlook on daily goals
- coworkers were nice and easy going as well
Productive during christmas
Sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2016
A lot of hard workers
Management is very good with employees
The store was very good when it came to stolen items in the store. every one seemed nice and honest for the most part.
Zellers - Team Member
Customer Service Rep. / Cashier (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 7, 2016
Pros: Flexiablity
Zellers was a great company to work for, I had a fantasic time. I was learning different areas to work. Customer Service, Cash and I would help on the floors to stock and put things in proper places.

The management were really easy to get alone and speak to when it came to any problems which was not often.

One of the hard parts was trying to get everyone to sign up for the MasterCard which they tried to get about 5 per shift which could be difficult if people have one or do not want one as they had to many cards already.
n/a
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 4, 2016
I left Zellers because it was no longer fun to work there. To many changes where happening to fast and it was not good for the company.
Was not what you expect
Electronics sales associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 4, 2016
The job at zellers was alright however being in electronics i was seperated from the rest of the associates and when they closed they didnt offer severence to anyone who had not been there for 5 years.
fun and productive
Merchandise Movement Team/Cashier (Former Employee), North Sydney, NSFebruary 28, 2016
Staff great, customers were nice. Handling cash, helping customers. Venders very nice. Putting out merchandise, pricing product, and doing displays for weekly sales.
show that u can laugh at a job and bring happiness to others while they do there job also
night crew (Former Employee), Orillia, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: nt long enough for some of the work that was to be done
come in at 10 pm finish at 7 am unload truck sort out products moved skids to areas for workers to work off of to put the product on the shelves and clean u my area and put product in back room neatly skid in areas it belong in and help other with there work loads
Good Place to work
Customer Service & Cash Supervisor (Former Employee), Summerside, PEFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: Good Job
Cons: Store Closed
Really enjoyed the people I worked with but in all retail positions it had it's challenges with Customers. But at the end of the day it was still good. Miss that we no Longer have Zellers!
lots of new things
Head Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: New Store
Cons: no benifits
I was with the company when it launched
Was minimal employees as it was a new store
Teammates for relaxed and will to assist when necessary
zellers
Overnight stocker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: free lunches, music
Cons: doing what felt like others work
Came to work and clean up the morning crews cardboard garbage the pull the unloaded truck to floor and then i went to backroom and organized overstock last hour of may shift was clean up pulling skids off floor into backroom and compacting cardboard, then setting up empty skids of truck, sometimes i had too stay back to help unload. The management was always working leading by example. Cooperative training and friendly work place made for enjoyable night shift. The hardest part of the job was coming into work and having to do the same process every night of cleaning up someone else mess. Doing night shift was always interesting it was like looking behind the curtain on how things work
Cash, stock and inventory, clean
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: great lunch
Cons: long hours
Doing stock and inventory, cleaning shelves and ensured a safe area. l learned how to use a barcode scanner, and cash register and handled money transactions. management and co-workers are great to work with. so time their not enough time in the day. the most enjoyable part of the job is help people.