Zellers Employee Reviews in Canada

interactive with team, productive and motivated to get the job done
Merchandise Renovation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2016
A typical overnight shift as a Renovation crew member at Zellers was very fulfilling with great encouragement given by Team leaders, Supervisors and other members of staff who are all very explicit and I am thankful of being able to follow instructions. Co-workers i.e. team members all complied to have a successful renovation in designs, fixtures, shelving, stocking and inventory, pricing and printing expiry dates. Some day shifts were available in customer service.
Fast paced and rewarding
OVERNIGHT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 4, 2016
Typical day...Reviewed work needed for the day with evening manager.
Organized stock for the different staff in different departments.
Put out stock and follow up with staff to ensure work is done productively and problems that arise are solved.
Signage is up properly.
Review new information and concerns with opening manager.

I learned how to best utilize my time and others. I also learned how to work with other management and organize staff.

Management was helpful and fun to work with.

I enjoyed working with a very hard working group of people.

The hardest part of my job was working long hours (min 10).

I really enjoyed working with the merchandise and seeing displays come together.
Pros
Job Satisfaction (seeing things come together)
Fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 7, 2016
Had a great experience, the Zellers brand is now closed.

Would go in, set up my register...huddle with management and colleagues in the mornings

Assist clients at the customer service desk, with returns, complaints, etc

Management was great...we didn't always see eye to eye, however there was compromise and trust. Had great leadership

Co-workers were so fun, and always made work not really work...still friends with people I worked with all that time ago

Hardest part of the job is hearing complaints, however it taught me so many great skills in dealing with people and handling uncomfortable situations responsibly and professionally

Didn't feel like work, just enjoyed every moment and felt good
Pros
People I worked with
Cons
None to think of to make too much note of
Zellers - Team Member
Customer Service Rep. / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 7, 2016
Zellers was a great company to work for, I had a fantasic time. I was learning different areas to work. Customer Service, Cash and I would help on the floors to stock and put things in proper places.

The management were really easy to get alone and speak to when it came to any problems which was not often.

One of the hard parts was trying to get everyone to sign up for the MasterCard which they tried to get about 5 per shift which could be difficult if people have one or do not want one as they had to many cards already.
Pros
Flexiablity
Excellent Staff
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONJune 3, 2016
My co-workers were amazing, and very helpful especially when I first started working there. They were remarkably flexible with allowing me to do co-op as well as employment through there. I was able to do co-op for schooling from 1:00 PM until 3:00 PM and I was scheduled on none co-op week days as well as weekends for paid work.
The best retail store ever to work!
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 13, 2016
This place was like a huge family, I really loved working here, I worked here three times. It was one of my very first jobs and every time I ever needed extra money at Christmas time I went back to work the seasonal help. I absolutely loved working here at any location.
Pros
All locations were like one big family.
Cons
Worked weekends.
show that u can laugh at a job and bring happiness to others while they do there job also
night crew (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONFebruary 17, 2016
come in at 10 pm finish at 7 am unload truck sort out products moved skids to areas for workers to work off of to put the product on the shelves and clean u my area and put product in back room neatly skid in areas it belong in and help other with there work loads
Pros
Cons
nt long enough for some of the work that was to be done
floor and cashier duties
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 31, 2016
helped with customer service directing customers to the proper aisles and product, did cashier operations as well. A day on the floor would include; putting up signage, cleanup of aisles, organizing, and answering customers questions or helping them with products.
zellers
Overnight stocker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Came to work and clean up the morning crews cardboard garbage the pull the unloaded truck to floor and then i went to backroom and organized overstock last hour of may shift was clean up pulling skids off floor into backroom and compacting cardboard, then setting up empty skids of truck, sometimes i had too stay back to help unload. The management was always working leading by example. Cooperative training and friendly work place made for enjoyable night shift. The hardest part of the job was coming into work and having to do the same process every night of cleaning up someone else mess. Doing night shift was always interesting it was like looking behind the curtain on how things work
Pros
free lunches, music
Cons
doing what felt like others work
Hostile environment with limited advancement
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 31, 2016
Working at Zellers started off ok until the original manager was moved from our location to another and a new manager was placed. There were hostile environments and everyone was pretty much stuck in their positions with basic pay
Zellers
Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
Repleshment of stock, unloading, internal transportation in the store, replenishing stock, picking goods from the warehouse for handing out to customers, using the correct equipment in a safe and efficient way to minimise damage to stock and equipment.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Bureaucracy
Zellers
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 11, 2016
High School Job
- stock clerk, help customers with carry outs and shopping
- performed inventory control and operating cardboard bailers and motorized pump trucks
- management was easy going and understanding and gave a clear outlook on daily goals
- coworkers were nice and easy going as well
enjoyed working here
Department Head, Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ONMay 25, 2016
Although the company no longer exists it was a good place to gain retail experience as well as customer service. I worked most part time hours and at the time raising a family found it hard to make ends meet.
Cash, stock and inventory, clean
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Doing stock and inventory, cleaning shelves and ensured a safe area. l learned how to use a barcode scanner, and cash register and handled money transactions. management and co-workers are great to work with. so time their not enough time in the day. the most enjoyable part of the job is help people.
Pros
great lunch
team work
Stock Personal (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 5, 2016
they were very disorganized on staff and work method

management did nothing but yell and expect you to read their minds

co-workers only cared for themselves and constantly dumped a customer on eachother
hardest part was finishing my area and it getting destroyed 5 minutes later

most enjoyable part was going home
Pros
tv was in lunch room
Cons
having a negative staff team
was a enjoyable place to work
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSMay 7, 2016
I enjoyed working at zellers cause you had something different to do everyday you went to work . i enjoyed my co workers as we all got along i learned to work cash ,put orders thru and stock shelves
Overall positive experience
Senior Sales associate (Retail) (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QCMay 1, 2016
This was a great company to work for. Great pay with career advancement possibility. Speaking both French and English was a definite asset for me.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
uncertain future
It was a good company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Friendly environment. Always busy, Constant Classes regarding products. Most management very professional. You were always cleaning, arranging merchandise, taking calls and helping customers.
Sometimes customers were difficult but all in all, It was good.
Was not what you expect
Electronics sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMarch 4, 2016
The job at zellers was alright however being in electronics i was seperated from the rest of the associates and when they closed they didnt offer severence to anyone who had not been there for 5 years.
productive fun great work experiance
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMay 25, 2016
very interesting great learning experience fun working with clothing setting up displays getting ready for sales pricing all of the clothing