Zellers

Zellers Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was nice place and kind people.
Salesperson (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 26, 2014
I helped to customers try on or fit merchandise.
I recommended products to clients , selected closing, helped locate or obtain merchandise based.
I bagged or packaged purchases and wrapped gifts.
Also, I cleaned shelves, counters, and tables.
I study how to inventoried stock and requisition new stock.
Most important part of my job was customer support. – more... Management was OK. – less
enjoyed the sence of accomplishment
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2014
Pros: excellent performance bonus prigram
Cons: retail is demanding and some very long hours
Working with staff on a day to day basis
I was always amazed what I could learn from other who reported to me. I believe iam a good listener
Hard to get along with co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCAugust 23, 2014
Zellers was very stressful and everyone was very on edge with each other.
prodective
cashier (Former Employee), Bedford nova scotiaAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: long hours
most enjoyale part was to see all the friendly faces i met over the time working there
hardest part was dealing with angry costumers
manager was awesome
Productive and fun workplace environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto,OnAugust 15, 2014
It was a well organized, managed and fun work environment. All my co-workers were easy to get along with, hardest part of the job would have to be sometime dealing with difficult guests when they were unhappy about a situation. The most enjoyable part of the job was just getting along with my co-workers, we were more like a family then just people we – more... saw at work. – less
Great company with excellent balance
Business Manager (Former Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 8, 2014
Pros: benefits excellent coworkers
Excellent career,great team atmosphere with opportunity to advance.Excellent benefit package,great communication and training.
Fun, fast paced work environment
Client Representative/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 6, 2014
Returned items with receipt only.
Checked for damage on items.
Asked customer the reason for return.
Take identification for security purposes.
Follow corporate instruction and procedures.
Provide and customer service duties to customers.
Verify or check for anything asked for.
Have over knowledge about products within the store and their locations.
Provide – more... either cash or store credit depending on the method used to purchase product.
I liked satisfying the customers and helping them.
I liked the fast past work environment. – less
Thisjob was temporary so i wasnt able to learn as much
Stocking Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 5, 2014
Unload products from off the truck from various suppliers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJuly 28, 2014
Pros: staff, management, company
Cons: customers were horrible, they were mean, they threw stuff, called names, yelled at you.
Too bad this store is no longer around. The staff were great, the management was supportive. There were a lot of positions that would help you move up if you wanted to.
Excellent company
Fashion Supervisor (Former Employee), Kamloops B.CJuly 26, 2014
I loved working with all my fellow employees, it was a positive atmosphere .
zellers
Cook / Kitchen Help (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 21, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: long hours, lots of independant work
Prepared food orders from customers efficiently and safely
Kept inventory up to date and prepared stock for next day
Maintained clean and sanitized kitchen area at all times as per Safe Food Handling guidelines
Productive. challenging and fun place to work.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 20, 2014
Pros: opportunity to meet many great people
Each day was always a welcoming challenge to put stock out to ensure product is available for the customers. Enjoyed helping customers locate products to ensure they left happy and satisfied. Worked with a great group of people that I was pleased to lead and work along side.
ok
Sales Associate / Cash Associate (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONJuly 16, 2014
management track good place to work boring at times when on night shift
Fast paced workplace
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: making sure to remain at your cash register
Being the Cashier; a typical day at Zellers was to await customers to approach with their purchase for me to ring them through. Upon a slow day, I would make sure the my work area is clean.

As a cashier at Zellers I was trained how to work the til and the rest of the responsibilities which comes as a cashier which was my very first experience.

Zellers – more... management would always be present in the workplace to check up on their employees; therefore, whenever I had any questions or concerns, someone was available to assist me.

My coworkers were extremely encouraging.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the speed in which I cashed out customers items to reduce the lineup behind the cash.

The most enjoyable part of the job was noticing my improvements and finishing with a successful night. – less
sale rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2014
pick up the clothing, re-fill stock, help out with customer care, report any stolen item.
-I was exactly where I wanted to be
Door to floor (Former Employee), Regina, SKJuly 9, 2014
Pros: -the staff members
Cons: -the long hours
-Productive sometimes management would want more than we could give.
Enjoyable job
supply chain associate (Former Employee), Midland, ONJuly 3, 2014
Pros: great attmosphere
Cons: not enough hours
always busy, took care of entire stock room, covered holidays for shipping/receiving. not a lot tough about this job, and I kied I got my work out at work.
Productive and Interactive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 25, 2014
- Customer care was important, and constant reminder of adequate interpersonal skills helped advance my knowledge
- Organizational skills are required in order to keep the products in order, as well as receiving shipping
- Encouraged to take leadership role on floor
Productive, Engaging, Interactive, Flexible
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 22, 2014
A typical day of work consisted of maintaining cleanliness around the sore and assisting the customers with questions about products. I learned to communicate effectively with customers so that they understand the top quality products Zellers had to offer as well as problem-solving skills. Management was well organized, effectively communicated with – more... everyone working within Zellers and gave all working members the equal opportunity to voice our opinions. Zellers really cared for its employees based on encouragement from the manager and frequent activities. The co-workers were detail-oriented, productive, and continuously working to help out each other; they also looked out for the smaller employees when faced with an inappropriate customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a wide variety of customers and learning about different strategies of communication that helps make retail an enriching experience. – less
slow unorganized company
Cashier (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 22, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: management, store policy, organization of the store
A day at work I would be standing at the register most of my shift, scanning items for costumers and taking their payments. Management was very unorganized and majority of the time had no idea what they were doing. They were very pushy for the employees to sign costumers up with the HBC credit card. No matter the age or state of mind of the costumer. – more... They would pressure you the most to sign up elderly people because they sometimes had no idea what they were signing up for. My co workers were very out going people and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job would be signing up costumers for the credit card. If you didn't you would lose your shifts to the employees who signed up more costumers then you. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Zellers

Zellers Inc. is Canada's second-largest chain of mass merchandise discount stores, with locations in communities across Canada. – Read more