Zellers Employee Reviews

Amazing
Human Resources Administrator/Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB7 December 2016
Zellers is now closed. Best part of this job was the people I worked with. There are always challenges when working in retail but we had an amazing team and were able to take on anything.
stylish, colorful, great quality, different size for different ages,also different products
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
great team work, friendly, responsible, on time, skillful,smart,and kind manager. always cheering customer up was employees big duties.the most important thing was caring customer because our liability was customers attraction and keeping them satisfied.
Great atmosphere
Stock Clerk/Receiving (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON29 November 2016
This is the best place to work they are very kind and appreciate people to work for . They allow you to work over time and you can cover more than one position with high chances to learn new skills.
Pros
Very great atmosphere for learning
Cons
No cons
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 November 2016
It was alright, the staff were supportive and willing to teach (the managers will do this when they can) and there will be some fun here and there. Some of the staff are real characters and be prepared to hear stories during quiet days.
Excellent customer Service
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby BC23 November 2016
Excellent customer service representative friendly, courteous and helpful. High energy ,motivated,creative and team player.Targeted daily goal,avdviser.
Ordinary Retail Work
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QC19 November 2016
Cashier
Provide last-desk customer service while taking payments from customers in exchange of goods sold.
Service Clerk
Assist and guide the clients during their visit to the store.
Working at Zellers
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS10 November 2016
Zellers was a company that helped me grow. I was able to make so many friends and learn new things. I did:

Cashier
Customer Service
Worked in Toy Department
Worked in the Clothing Department

I miss Zellers and wish it didn't closed down.
Pros
Friendly Enivornment
Cons
Didn't close during snow storms
Sadly this business closed.
Hardlines Sales and Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 November 2016
Only left the job because the company was closing. Great people and management. The job was satisfying. Sad to see that the company is gone. Would definitely work there again.
easy to get to.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 November 2016
I work in almost all the departments,I love working in the Ladies and children department. Most co-workers where great. I love doing planograms ( display set-ups )
seasonal employment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON31 October 2016
I was hired for the Christmas season and once the holidays ended so did the job. People that had been there for years were sad, and worry about their future. but overall it was good.
Pros
temporary
Zellers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 October 2016
A typical day at work was to open stock and put it out, and while doing this I also had to attend to customer needs, and I would also be available to the cashiers to verify prices via the cashier phones. I also was the fitting room attendant which at times I could be on one side of the store and have to quickly go over to the next side to attend to customers waiting for a fitting room. While doing all of this I was also in charge of making sure my department (lingerie and fitting rooms) were all clean, clear, and safe for customers and co-workers. I learned how to multi-task efficiently, and the importance of teamwork. Management was supportive at times, and my co-workers were always very supportive, and able to assist when and how I needed. The hardest part of the job was keeping an irate customer calm, but by working on this objective I was able to overcome this. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new individuals and becoming a work family
A great place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS17 October 2016
I really enjoyed handling freight,working on cash,working with the public and working in all different departments.I have made a lot of good friends that were my co-workers.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
A fun and fast-paced working and learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON16 October 2016
Working at Zellers was my first plight into the workforce. It was an experience that helped me develop both professionally and personally and granted me an opportunity to develop skills in customer service and product selling.
I was the stockroom supervisor and had a crew putting out stock during the early mornings
Stockroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops8 October 2016
Was a great place to work. Would have stayed and retired there. Had a great crew that worked under me I liked the challenges of the job. I learned a lot from working the cash register to customer service and maintaining planograms
Pros
Hours worked with my family life
Cons
Store closed down
overall excellent company to work for.
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 October 2016
Your day starts very early as we set up for incoming freight and organized skids for the evening restock crew. I spent most of the day picking items for all departments. I enjoyed working with all the staff and management, learning about logistics, time management and general people pleasing skills.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
too much middle management.
Unorganized and Uncommunicative.
Merchandise Movement Team Member (Former Employee) –  East York, ON3 October 2016
Very unorganized company. It did not communicate or implement new procedures or policy changes well to its employees or customers. I would not wish to ever work for this company again.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Difficult work conditions.
Good job; pleasant work environment, great co-workers
Overnight crew (M.M.T.) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 September 2016
I enjoyed working at Zellers. I worked overnights as shipper/receiver. My coworkers were great. We worked well as a team.
We loaded and unloaded merchandise, stocked shelves, cleaned and organized stock and shelves
Management was good. I was still sleeping well during the day so this job was a good fit for me at that time.
This job ended because the Zellers stores closed in Winnipeg.
Pros
Good work environment, good team work
Cons
Store closed
Love the outine i made for myself.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 September 2016
I wish there zellers was still here I would so love to go back to work there stocking their shelves an helping out people.
It was pretty relaxed over all
good place to learn on a first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 September 2016
This was a great place to work as a first job for me to learn how to communicate with people not just my coworkers but the general public. learning how to work fast, and effectively especially during peak times like Christmas.
Pros
located in a mall
Cons
disorganized management
It was like a family
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga31 August 2016
Zellers was a great place to work. It was like a big family we all looked out for each other. Which in turn meant we got things done we all worked together. It was very busy at times but then we pulled together. A lot of wonderful repetitive customers because of the atmosphere.
Pros
Team players
Cons
Closed down way to early