Zellers

Zellers Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I missed zellers every moment of my life .
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: excellent place to work, never get bored
Because of the good behavior of all co workers including manager and saupervisors.The most favourite work i enjoyed their at zellers that their i feel like home ,it was great working with them .
fun and productive workplace
Zellers Restaurant (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great customers
Cons: rude customers
fun and enjoyable, money management skills, hard working and helpful, great people, rude customers, enjoyable customers and seeing the smile on their faces and know that i've made their day a little brighter.
Fantastic Place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day at work was very much the same experience as a typical day in the small town of which I was raised. A very neighbourly approach from both co workers and customers. Embracing diverse cultures and ways of life. I learned most if not all of necessary fast paced retail skills an asset to carry for a lifetime. The downside would have been running out of bags during the Christmas season. I looked forward to going to work daily and it was quite a devastating blow when the company closed. Not only to me but to the Community that it fostered.
Productive fun workplace with friendly people
Cashier (Former Employee), Chilliwack BCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: employee discounts, flexible hours
I liked this job because they were flexible with my hours so I could have time to provide child care for my children and get to and from work. Very understanding people towards single mothers re entering the work force.
Great Atmosphere
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 15, 2015
I really liked working at Zellers, my co-workers were awesome and really friendly, some of us kept in touch after the store closed. the hardest part was leaving zellers, wish it would've stayed open.
Somehow fun fair
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2015
1. Total work environment is reasonable
2. Management Team is somehow friendly
3. Worker's are co-operative
4. Busy day is enjoyable part of the day to interact with customers
5. A slow day (typical day) is very hard to kill the time
I really enjoyed working at Zellers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Hanover, ONFebruary 8, 2015
It was a very friendly environment and there were, more often than not, friendly customers. I spent most of my time helping customers and maintaining mt designated areas.
Hard work and not the greatest work life balance
Store Manager (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 7, 2015
Zellers taught me most of my business knowledge. Unfortunately it was hard to have a good work life balance; not from lack of time management but because there seemed always too much to do and not enough time or hands available.
learning experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Summerside, PEFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: working well with others
Cons: sometimes super busy
i enjoyed working at all my jobs espically zellers because we were like a family and we were all helping each other.. I liked working with everyone there... and i dont think any of my jobs were hard..
Store Business Manager (Current Employee), Owen Sound, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Cons: that they closed.
Everyday was different. Great people. Great Customers. proud to have stayed until the end. I still stay in touch with many of the people I worked with.
Great place to work and acquire skills
Cash Office / General Office Associate (Former Employee), Dorval, QCFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: busy
Cons: stressful
I loved working in the cash office and constantly being busy. At times it was overwhelming but nonetheless I completed my tasks within the time limit. I learned quite a bit in terms of invoicing, data entry, balancing all monetary income and providing customers with a fast and efficient service. I loved all my co-workers alike and the management was quite helpful.
Enjoyed working there but was looking for more hours.
cashier/ customer service/ signage (Former Employee), sarnia, ontarioJanuary 29, 2015
Very enjoyable place to work. The staff was great and everyone got along and did their jobs to the fullest. We all worked as a team and helped each other out the best we could. They had many different area's of work and advancement was there for the taking if you wanted it.
Miss this place :(
Various Positions (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 27, 2015
Was an amazing job, miss it. Learned lots, met some great people, was paid decently.
Retail Store
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great hours and ability to advance
Cons: closed. shut down.
Great hours and a some really talented people to work with made this job easy to look forward to going to.
Generally a decent place to work.
Cashier/Stock Personnel (Former Employee), Cobourg, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: very serious about neatness. coworkers and customers were always easy to work with.
Cons: repetitive tasks.
Most of management were smart, educated people while some were not.
Management was not always accountable for their own mistakes, often putting the blame on an employee lower on the "food chain".
The coworkers and customers were what made this job easy to come to. Great mood from both consistently, often complimenting you on work.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: not enough hours
Had a amazing time working at zellers every day i went to work i was very happy to be there
Seasonal Position
Jewelry and Cosmetics (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 18, 2015
My job here was only seasonal so I didn't get to learn as much as I could've. My job was to help costumers with their needs, help them find jewelry they wanted as well as cosmetics, keep my work place clean and tidy and generally answer any questions or concerns.
Just an amazing place overall
Cashier (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 17, 2015
Zellers was a fun place to work. You had your bad days like you do at all places, but most days were pretty good.
pretty good
Cashier (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 14, 2015
enjoyed working here. learned a lot about being a cashier. it was a pretty fun job.
Good Company
Cashier Zeller's Lloydminster (Former Employee), Lloydminster, SKJanuary 12, 2015
Management was good, and the customers made life interesting and the work was enjoyable.

1 2 3 4 5

About Zellers

Zellers Inc. is Canada's second-largest chain of mass merchandise discount stores, with locations in communities across Canada. – Read more