Zellers

Zellers Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSMarch 30, 2015
Good place to work. Helpful employers, lovely atmosphere. Fair and organised, liked the work amd fellow employees. Would reccomend working there.
Good place to work and enjoyed running the daily operations
Hardlines Supervisor (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 27, 2015
Ensuring everyone team member is assigned duties and being productive .Sales set-ups and visual merchandising , dealing with customer issues at management level and problem solving.Great management team working in tandem to deliver a successful store.More hands-on job requiring your expertise and also, making sure team is performing through constant follow-ups and feed-back.Enjoyed the challenges that arise every day and achieving the desired results.
Comfotable atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2015
I worked at a cashier, it was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed being there and apart of the Zeller team. I learned a lotand tried to absorb as much as I could.
excellent team employees and employers
Stock Person (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 24, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
great service and very excellent with training staff always very respectful and helpful when needed and when employees are being trained
Easy, casual workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 19, 2015
Working here was fun but I think that the overall morale of staff was low. Upon closing several staff where out of a job and there wasn't much done for employees to aide them in finding a new job.
fun workplace friendly customers
cashier merchandiser (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 16, 2015
Pros: discounts on merchandise, flexible hours
Cons: working nights then early morning shifts back to back
Zellers was a good company to work for but could of used more organization as in management and less favourtism of employees.some co workers were better than others at their job .management was not so good at times .not good under pressure to others such as customers.The hardest part of the job was doing inventory .must be accurate and focused
Also a fun workplace
Merchandise Movers Team (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free christmas parties
Cons: short hours
A typical day at work, is when you have to empty 5 pallets a night, which is just about everytime you come in to work. Again, if you are surrounded by co-workers who are easy to get along with, the day always go by quickly no matter how much load of work that needs to be done.
Sad to see it gone
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee), Corner Brook, NLMarch 8, 2015
Pros: great work culture
Cons: was bought out and closed
While Zellers was part of the Hudson's Bay Company, it was a joy to serve customers in a truly Canadian manner which competed easily with WalMart and its American version of retail sales and services. The customer service practices of the stores provided a purely Canadian culture of service and it is missed since it was bought out and dismantled by an American firm.
Working for Zellers
Steward (Former Employee), Smiths Falls, ONMarch 7, 2015
Pros: great workplace
Cons: lack of hours
I worked for three years at Zellers. It was my first job and I worked part time while I was in school. This job was a great starting point as I learned everything about customer service and gained three years of experience in many different areas.
Poor Management
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee), Ottawa ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: location, hours
Cons: poor management
Poor management, no a great work environment. Not surprised the store sold there lease. As they weren't making there quota.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 4, 2015
Working at Zellers was a great experience as a first job. It gave insight to the working world. Working at Zellers gave me my first taste of retail and merchandising. This allowed me to expand on my people skills and working with others. Working here was a great experience because of my co-workers, which I got along with very well. Some days working would be different from others because I was trained on the customer service desk, so some days I would just being doing cash while others would consist of returns, exchanges, answering the phones, paging and dealing with customer issues. Working the customer service desk also gave me the keys to do voids on other tills. Unfortunately Zellers closed later that year in June and the location I worked at was taken over by Walmart, but my experience there was very rewarding and enjoyed.
Excellent working environment.
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: closure
I worked at Zellers for over 25 years and it was a positive working environment. I had a broad range of experience including customer service, inventory, cashing among others.
Great variety of jobs in one day.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Oshawa,OnFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: discounts, great people to work with, variety of duties, close to home
Cons: standing all day, lifting
A typical day would require stocking of shelves,assisting with customers, problem solving,putting stock back, cash, and any duties that were required.
I missed zellers every moment of my life .
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: excellent place to work, never get bored
Because of the good behavior of all co workers including manager and saupervisors.The most favourite work i enjoyed their at zellers that their i feel like home ,it was great working with them .
fun and productive workplace
Zellers Restaurant (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great customers
Cons: rude customers
fun and enjoyable, money management skills, hard working and helpful, great people, rude customers, enjoyable customers and seeing the smile on their faces and know that i've made their day a little brighter.
Fantastic Place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day at work was very much the same experience as a typical day in the small town of which I was raised. A very neighbourly approach from both co workers and customers. Embracing diverse cultures and ways of life. I learned most if not all of necessary fast paced retail skills an asset to carry for a lifetime. The downside would have been running out of bags during the Christmas season. I looked forward to going to work daily and it was quite a devastating blow when the company closed. Not only to me but to the Community that it fostered.
Productive fun workplace with friendly people
Cashier (Former Employee), Chilliwack BCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: employee discounts, flexible hours
I liked this job because they were flexible with my hours so I could have time to provide child care for my children and get to and from work. Very understanding people towards single mothers re entering the work force.
Great Atmosphere
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 15, 2015
I really liked working at Zellers, my co-workers were awesome and really friendly, some of us kept in touch after the store closed. the hardest part was leaving zellers, wish it would've stayed open.
Somehow fun fair
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2015
1. Total work environment is reasonable
2. Management Team is somehow friendly
3. Worker's are co-operative
4. Busy day is enjoyable part of the day to interact with customers
5. A slow day (typical day) is very hard to kill the time
I really enjoyed working at Zellers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Hanover, ONFebruary 8, 2015
It was a very friendly environment and there were, more often than not, friendly customers. I spent most of my time helping customers and maintaining mt designated areas.

1 2 3 4 5

About Zellers

Zellers Inc. is Canada's second-largest chain of mass merchandise discount stores, with locations in communities across Canada. – Read more