Zellers Employee Reviews

Company no longer exists
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2018
This company no longer operates in Canada so I can't really review it or give it any kind of rating or know what else to type to get to 150 characters.
Très belle place.
Commis d'Électronique (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC12 February 2018
Belle esprit de travail
Belle esprit d'Équipe
Salaire peu élévé
retail store work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  toronto on9 February 2018
I worked as a cashier while I was in hight school. My job was to cash the merchandize and also try and explain to them benefits of the bay credit card and the discounts.
Pros
easy place to work in
Cons
sometimes it got too busy and hactic
Fun workplace
Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 February 2018
having things done work such a paperwork and etc a week in advance
something different everyday, job wise, attitude wise with other people and different changeling aswell
Great company
Cash Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 February 2018
On the job I would typically be on cash, or do credit card sign ups.I really miss this company's presence in the Canadian market. They were second to none. Easy to work for and the work environment was a happy one.
Helping customers
Cashier/Customer Service//Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK3 February 2018
I worked at Zellers for eleven years. I worked as a cashier, customer service rep and as a replenishment clerk. I enjoyed all positions, as each had there advantages for lifestyle changes. I enjoyed helping customers and putting a smile on their face.
Best first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 January 2018
I still see past coworkers every once in awhile and we talk like it was just a few couple days that Zeller's closed. It built strong friendships and helped me get out of my shell that I was in with talking with people.
Pros
awesome atmosphere
my first job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB30 January 2018
zellers was my first job when i was 15. i had to go collect carts and help people bring things to there car. i enjoyed it there cause i got to talk to customers and help them out.
Pros
good hours
Cons
not very good management
fun work environment
Instock Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON29 January 2018
Demanding job with amazing coworkers. Learned a lot about unstuck management and shipping/ receiving procedures. Most staff very friendly and willing to help out with anything
Great place to work at
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 January 2018
Great place to work at.
Learn a lot of different aspects of Retail
Opportunity for growth
Work schedule was manageable
Friendly environment
Management was helpful in helping you grow and succeed at your tasks.
Enjoyable corporate environment
Systems Analyst & Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 January 2018
Average corporate job providing technical support and reports to key stakeholders. Free coffee daily and birthday luncheons once a month. Executive staff are approachable, though some managers can be demanding for immediate assistance.
Pros
Coffee and birthday lunches
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement in IT unless someone retires
Its closed.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB28 January 2018
The Zellers in Lethbridge AB is unfortunately closed now. However it was a good place to work at. The managers knew what they were doing and the other employees were always kind.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
Their closed now.
floor assoicate
Sales Associate (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON27 January 2018
i enjoyed the staff i worked with at zellers. I was in highschool when i worked there as a floor associate. tidying and stocking shelves, helping customers on the floor. the management at this particular store was not the greatest
Very enjoyable work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ontarion Canada25 January 2018
This was a totally different line from my previous experiences but I am happy to say that it was a blessing n disguise because I got to learn a whole new way of doing things which has helped me tremendously in my subsequent assignments
Store Associate
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC24 January 2018
Typical 40 hours per week shift with regular two 15 hours and one 30 minutes per day break times.

I learned to finish tasks on time.

The hardest part of the job is to explain the company's policy to frustrated customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to deal with customers having a respectable attitudes.
Pros
Breaktimes
Cons
Not enough lighting.
Loved it
Customer Service Rep/ Returns Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 January 2018
Its closed but was the best job ever! Am really gonna miss the coworkers, the laughs, the colourful clientel!

Had a guy once try to return pots and pans over the phone.
Pros
Best Job
Cons
closed
Environnement de travail
Commis-caissière (Former Employee) –  Joliette, QC24 January 2018
Mon poste consistait à faire de la caisse enregistreuse, répondre au client ainsi qu'offrir la carte de point et la carte de crédit HBC. Je plaçais les présentoirs lors des moments tranquilles. Le soir dès la fermeture je m'assurais que les caisses étaient bien fermées. Lorsqu'il avait de nouveau employé à engager il arrivait que je forme quelqu-uns. Il m'arrivait aussi de prendre la place du superviseur des caisses lorsqu’il était malade. J'ai appris beaucoup de ce travail principalement à avoir une bonne productivité dans la journée. Je n'ai rien de négatif à dire au sujet de Zellers.
Pros
Environnement positif et dynamique
Retail
Assistant Merchandiser Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 January 2018
Unfortunately Zellers closed it’s doors. It was a fast place to work. Enjoyable people to work with and for. I supervised 20 and trained new employees
Pros
People were fun to work with
Cons
They closed their doors
Fun working here too...
Sales Floor/Merchandiser/Cashier, Full Time (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON20 January 2018
Zellers... a very good company that loved by many... I know my repeat customers . The management are awesome too.. the most enjoyable part of the job ... is performing other duties as required.
nice place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 January 2018
when i worked there i was very busy 90 percent of the time doing more than my job title due to lack of employees but gave me a chance to earn my wings so to speak.
Pros
wicked discounts
Cons
slow times were slow