Zellers

Zellers Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fin and productive work place.
Optical Receptionist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 2, 2015
Zellers was taken over by company Target. The same managers, co-workers and job responsibilities remained the same. Great to work and plenty of opportunity.
ok job
Merchandise Co-ordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 30, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: low pay
Zellers was an ok place to work. the pay could have been better. the staff was nice and the management was ok. not a place I would work for long period of time but ok for the time that I worked.
Love working with the public
assistant supervisor - supervusor (Former Employee), 100 bayshore dr building bridge plazaJune 30, 2015
making sure everything is running smoothly at the front end, learned alot over the years get along with everyone love helping customer and chatting with them.
loved zellers
Cashier Superviser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 28, 2015
not applicable.not applicable.not applicable.not applicable.not applicable.not applicable.not applicable.not applicable.not applicable.not applicable.not applicable.not applicable.not applicable.not applicable.
It was Fun and Friendly place to work.
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 28, 2015
At Zellers I used to work in the fitting room, ladies fashion, and jewellery departments. The management and the co-workers respected and trusted me a lot. I learnt supervisory skills by training and teaching new softlines team members.
Poor Management
Cashier (seasonal) (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 24, 2015
Cons: Long hours on your feet.
Working at Zellers was not the best employment. The experience of the Management team was poorly executed to employees.
Nice People, Has Ability to Move Up But Sad Place to Be
Stock Assistant (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJune 23, 2015
Pros: Nice People, Able to Move Around, Can Move Up Quickly
Cons: Moving Up Fast Can Compromise Work Flow, Lack of Training, Shifts All Over, Not Enough Hours
Nice People to work with, Great place to be able to move around and up into management, Due to this management can become skewed and work flow can be compromised due to the ability to move up quickly without sufficient training
best parts
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: plenty of times for working good
Cons: other worker was not in a good mood so i had to take her place and cancel my break
best day was when me and the team went out to celebrate our hardworking, had a good time my hardest part was having to work extra hours
Longest fun job I kept
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKJune 11, 2015
Pros: Great environment
Cons: Compnay lay off
Met a lot of people daily.
I learned customer communications skills.
Management was great I loved my Boss.
Co workers became my long time friends.
Hardest part of my job was quitting because of company shut down.
Casher and i worked the floor
Cashier/Floor (Former Employee), St, CatharinesJune 5, 2015
Working as a casher in a fast pass establishment, Greeting Customer at the door, Stocking shelves in the toy department. I enjoyed Helping Customers Find what they were looking for. H
To work at Zellers
Sales Associate And Merchandise (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 4, 2015
Pros: It was good complany
Cons: Closed Down
It was a fun place to work. I wish Zellers was still here in Canada we lost a part of History I loved the people. We would start early in the morning to unload the the trucks. and then we would put out the stock. The hard part of the job was the high wall. But there was always some one to give you a hand.
Friendly staff, we had fun working togather.
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 24, 2015
Zellers was my first retail job, The staff was really helpful like one big family. Everybody cared about one another. The management trusted me a lot. I learnt a lot about softlines in zellers.
It had been a good place to work at.
Co-op Student (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 21, 2015
It was fine, my co-workers were good people that were willing to help me when I needed. The hours had been fine and there wasn't a hardest part to it.
good place to work
Electronics Associate/Store Standards (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 15, 2015
Pros: People, Customers, Friendly
Cons: not enough shifts
i only worked here for one year before my store was closed, i liked the management and other team members i worked with. i would work with them again
Loved It
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 13, 2015
I loved working at Zellers. The co-workers, Management and the customers were all good. I always looked forward to going to work. Even after training is over, they still help you out as much as you can. Made a lot of friends there. I love being around people and I always got to work with awesome people. The only hard part working at zellers was I was balancing school and work at the same time. I learned all my cashier skills from that job.
fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), Miramichi, NBMay 5, 2015
I loved working here the customers and employees and management were great people probably still would of been there for at least part time if the company hadn't of closed
Excellent comraderie amongst staff, all helping each other.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Aurora, ONMay 2, 2015
Pros: Had a regular day schedule.
Cons: Sometimes not enough staff.
I loved working there. Everyone knew their jobs well. We worked as a team. WE had regular and the same hours every week. WE had a social committee that I served on that celebrated family events all year. we even did BBQ.s for charity.
Great place to grow
Hardlines Supervisor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2015
Pros: Made me a stronger person.
Cons: No Life balance.
Zellers gave me the opportunity to grow I started as a casher then service desk then Head cashier to cash supervisor to Hardline supervisor. I was a key holder for a two level store in Mississauga Square One. Still keep in touch with staff. Hardest part of my job was I spent more time at work then at home.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2015
It was my first job and it was definitely a great one. All supervisors and managers were friendly and truly wanted you to succeed.
Was a good place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2015
Working at Zellers taught me a lot . It was my first job I enjoyed going to work. A typical day would be seeing what was priority to do for the day and executing plan to start and finish projects for the day. I learned how to be patient adaptable and resilient . Management had a open door policy and were always there when you had a question or concern. Co-workers were always available when you needed help in finishing a project, or needed help with helping a guest find something. The hardest part of the job was when you knew you had to get something done and the shift was almost over the rushing and getting things done on time were sometimes stressful but it would all work out. The most enjoyable was helping guests and making sure that they were happy with the service you were providing and the whole shopping experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Zellers

Zellers Inc. is Canada's second-largest chain of mass merchandise discount stores, with locations in communities across Canada. – Read more