Zellers

Zellers Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good place to work
Electronics Associate/Store Standards (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 15, 2015
Pros: People, Customers, Friendly
Cons: not enough shifts
i only worked here for one year before my store was closed, i liked the management and other team members i worked with. i would work with them again
Loved It
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 13, 2015
I loved working at Zellers. The co-workers, Management and the customers were all good. I always looked forward to going to work. Even after training is over, they still help you out as much as you can. Made a lot of friends there. I love being around people and I always got to work with awesome people. The only hard part working at zellers was I was balancing school and work at the same time. I learned all my cashier skills from that job.
fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), Miramichi, NBMay 5, 2015
I loved working here the customers and employees and management were great people probably still would of been there for at least part time if the company hadn't of closed
Excellent comraderie amongst staff, all helping each other.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Aurora, ONMay 2, 2015
Pros: Had a regular day schedule.
Cons: Sometimes not enough staff.
I loved working there. Everyone knew their jobs well. We worked as a team. WE had regular and the same hours every week. WE had a social committee that I served on that celebrated family events all year. we even did BBQ.s for charity.
Great place to grow
Hardlines Supervisor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2015
Pros: Made me a stronger person.
Cons: No Life balance.
Zellers gave me the opportunity to grow I started as a casher then service desk then Head cashier to cash supervisor to Hardline supervisor. I was a key holder for a two level store in Mississauga Square One. Still keep in touch with staff. Hardest part of my job was I spent more time at work then at home.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2015
It was my first job and it was definitely a great one. All supervisors and managers were friendly and truly wanted you to succeed.
Was a good place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2015
Working at Zellers taught me a lot . It was my first job I enjoyed going to work. A typical day would be seeing what was priority to do for the day and executing plan to start and finish projects for the day. I learned how to be patient adaptable and resilient . Management had a open door policy and were always there when you had a question or concern. Co-workers were always available when you needed help in finishing a project, or needed help with helping a guest find something. The hardest part of the job was when you knew you had to get something done and the shift was almost over the rushing and getting things done on time were sometimes stressful but it would all work out. The most enjoyable was helping guests and making sure that they were happy with the service you were providing and the whole shopping experience.
was not a good working environment
sales representative (Former Employee), torontoApril 23, 2015
very bad experience with this company. i always had problem with the manager. since i was a permanent employee, he could not fire me. i hate that place.
Worked at the same store for a long time, felt like family.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Pickering, ONApril 21, 2015
Was a great place to work. Was like working with family. Unfortunately the store closed and it was hard to say goodbye. Wished they had stayed around.
part time work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Corner Brook, NewfoundlandApril 18, 2015
Pros: good solidarity among employees that worked there
Cons: very little chance for moving from part time to full time work
demanding work environment but enjoyed interacting with public and other employees that worked there. changed positions from looking after warehouse after 3 years to working on cash and working in one of the departments.
Worst Job Ever
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 13, 2015
Cons: Not long enough lunch, no 15 minute breaks
When I first started working at Zellers I thought it was going to be a lot of fun. I had zero training as a floor person and was thrown into being a cashier after just a few hours of training. A typical day for me was dealing with ridiculously long line ups with no help on most days. We were entitled to 2 15 minute breaks and one hour for lunch which no one ever got except for one lady who felt like she was better then everyone else. I was treated like dirt there most of the time and was taken advantage of because I was so nice.

I was looked over for promotions more then once which I don't think was fair. The new manager was a total joke and treated his staff like they were gum stuck to the bottom of his shoe. I'm so glad that I quit there and I'm even more glad that the place went out of business.
Productive and friendly environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 10, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of scanning and bagging off products for customers, stocking shelves and assisting customers when needed. I learned to work in a more fast-paced environment and become more organized. Management was always helpful to assist employees when needed and were friendly. Co-workers always great to be around and helpful as well. The hardest part of the job was maintaining order during rush hours and easiest part of the job was assisting customers and providing excellent service.
great job experince
customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: dealing with anger customers
Working at Zellers I learnt a lot, I learn how to interact with customers, co-works and management. At times it was hard to deal with anger customers but I remain focus and handle them the same way I would want to be handle in their situation. I left Zellers with experience and great friendships.
Working in the Zellers was one of the best place I had exrienced in my carrer
Softlines Supervisor (Former Employee), BramptonApril 3, 2015
Working in Zellers I gain confidence how to priorities workload and work under presser and I also create a great team culture I also enjoy working in a public environments
always busy day would go by fast
Door to Floor- Sales Associate (Former Employee), high parkApril 1, 2015
management was always there to help answer questions,great team work, unloading large shipments,would have its cons,but managed to get it done enjoyed getting the merchandise out, setting up flyer sale
Good
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSMarch 30, 2015
Good place to work. Helpful employers, lovely atmosphere. Fair and organised, liked the work amd fellow employees. Would reccomend working there.
Good place to work and enjoyed running the daily operations
Hardlines Supervisor (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 27, 2015
Ensuring everyone team member is assigned duties and being productive .Sales set-ups and visual merchandising , dealing with customer issues at management level and problem solving.Great management team working in tandem to deliver a successful store.More hands-on job requiring your expertise and also, making sure team is performing through constant follow-ups and feed-back.Enjoyed the challenges that arise every day and achieving the desired results.
Comfotable atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2015
I worked at a cashier, it was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed being there and apart of the Zeller team. I learned a lotand tried to absorb as much as I could.
excellent team employees and employers
Stock Person (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 24, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
great service and very excellent with training staff always very respectful and helpful when needed and when employees are being trained
Easy, casual workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 19, 2015
Working here was fun but I think that the overall morale of staff was low. Upon closing several staff where out of a job and there wasn't much done for employees to aide them in finding a new job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Zellers

Zellers Inc. is Canada's second-largest chain of mass merchandise discount stores, with locations in communities across Canada. – Read more