Zellers Employee Reviews

N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON4 December 2017
Working at Zellers was a great experience, it was the perfect job for me, as I was a teenager and I didn't have much experience with anything else.
Responsibilities included managing the change rooms, keeping the fashion department in order, helping customers with their purchases, and informing customers of sales and promotions.
Lots of tasks, little pay
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2017
Multiple tasks were given, management was firm. Fun work environment regardless as there was a large staff, each covering a different department. Only downside was it was hard to get a promotion and the pay was very low.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Deposit (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2017
Being with the customer all day id the best for me,,, counting the money for the company is the best part because I considered myself another advancement for me but scared all the time when somebody knock the door to come and pick up the money
Pros
Employee;s discount
Cons
Worked every weekend
Good for student
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB22 November 2017
Considering this company is no longer operating the advancement would be nil. Was good for a student job during the summer months. Salary was minimum wage
Fun workplace
Training in all departments, front end sales (Former Employee) –  Brockville,ontario6 November 2017
I enjoyed working for zellers. Anytime I needed training it was offered. I was able to work in all departments. Enjoyed working with team workers to get jobs done and make the store ready for customers everyday by doing safety checks and clean sweeps. I have cash training and sales floor knowledge as well. Putting stock away is another quality I hold. The company made it welcoming everyday was always making things better and there was room for advancement.
Pros
Knowledge of all areas
Cons
Dealing with shrinage
A shame that they had to close
Midnight Merchandising Team (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB25 October 2017
I enjoyed working for Zellers it is a shame that the company closed down.
I had a great team and we had good times.
Not only was I an employee but I supported the store as a customer aswell.
good
Merchandise and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2017
Same as before. Great base for a career in retail from an operation, customer service, human resources and employee relations stand point. The growth potential was up to the individual. The day to day business was up to the store leadership team to execute what was best for each individual location.
Pros
assortment
Cons
hours
Good first job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ON24 October 2017
Zellers is a good first job. the only reason i left was because of a advancement somewhere else. Supervisors were fun and understanding. Christmas parties were a blast and great staff appreciation.
Productive fun place to work!
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON18 October 2017
Great co workers and great events! Treated staff extremely well and very accommidating when it comes to flexibility in your hours. Great place to work when they were still open!
bon environnement de travail
Préposé au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QC13 October 2017
cette compagnie d'existe plus elle a fait faillite.
Pros
rabais sur les vetements
Cons
aucune sécurité d'emploi
Great place
Photo lab supervisor & Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary12 October 2017
Great place to work great people to work with. The pay wasn't so great and the hours also could be very bad, some week you would have no work and they were fine with that
busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 October 2017
loved working at Zellers and made some friends learned a lot worked in the women's clothing department folding clothes and putting stuff away and helping customers .
Once a very successful operation.
Office Clerk/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 October 2017
Head office environment. Interesting work supplying proper amounts of merchandise to the proper stores. Learned working with a deadline, and customer service.
Friendly enjoyable famiy environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC27 September 2017
I loved working at Zellers, you were treated like family. There was always something to be done and they always gave you the opportunity and time to learn new departments of the store. They were accommodating while I was in school hour wise, but they were also always willing to give more shifts if ever wanted.
Pros
Family feeling environment
This chain is now closed
Waitressing (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 September 2017
-Took orders customers from
-Served food to customers
-Served beverages to customers
- Performed basic food preperation
-Cleared tables and wiped down tables
Pros
Discount on meals
I enjoyed it
Cashier/ Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS22 September 2017
fair place to work,staff was great. They took time to help when line-ups got long, helped to cover breaks and made sure you had what you needed. Management your there when you had problem customer's. for the most part people were happy with the customer service that they received.
Pros
good staff
Cons
tired customers
enjoyed employment
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 September 2017
I enjoyed working at Zellers. It was a friendly environment to work in. I felt like part of the team. I achieved many friendships over the years. Sad It came to an end.
environnement travail
Commis plancher (Former Employee) –  Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, QC17 September 2017
trés bonne équipe j'ai appris beaucoup de chose qui m'a permis de prendre l'expérience dans le service à la clientéle
Pros
aucun
Fast paced and fun place
Fashion Specialist and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 September 2017
Start the day off with a 5 minute morning meeting and then to your departments. Clean up any mess left from the previous day and work on fashion planograms to ensure that the departments are setup to the company standards. Ensure that all wall and table displays are full and appealing to the eye to encourage customers to buy. Restock any empty shelves and answer customer or cashier questions. Be additional cash associate and help cashiers get change when needed. Train new associates and put out new product on arrival.

I learned how you vcan be thrown into a project but flourish when given the chance. The management changed quite often and some managers were better than others. the best managers were those that helped out on the floor and answered any questions that staff or customers had.

The workplace was busy and fun. Most of the staff got along well and had a great time together. There was a bit of a high school feel because of the cliques that formed.

The hardest part of the job was not having the full support of the supervisors. I would often have to train new supervisors, managers, and staff on the working of the fashion departments. This was because most of the time I had more experience in the area then they did. The most enjoyable part was the people that I worked with who were very fun.
Pros
Staff comrodery
Cons
Wages were not great
Good experience
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 September 2017
It was a part of a school program. Supposed to work in office with accounting team but did mostly everything else but that. However, it was a new experience for me.