Zellers Employee Reviews

A good working environtment in Ottawa
Men Fashion Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 January 2017
My name is Nghia Huynh.
I liked working in retail and sales, especially for Men Fashion Dept at Zellers, nearly 6 years of experience.
I enjoyed giving my expertise in men fashion trend for clothing as well as footwear.

Zellers job was easy for me as same as working in the family store.
My supervisor was extremely patient and tolerant to me and I think that was my devotion to the company.
Pros
Nice working environtment
Cons
Excellant company to work for in overnight programming, setup, ladies wear, mens wear, shoes, etc. I worked in inventory as well.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 December 2016
A typical day at work included a little cashier work, lots off cleanup in different departments, restocking, planogram and more.

I learnt cashier work, planogram, customer service and more.

Management were very nice and easy to work for.

The most enjoyable part of this job is dealing with customers.
Pros
Excellant place to work
Cons
lack of hours
Following company policies and ensuring all staff do the same
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2017
As supervisor one is responsible for hiring of new staff, training, menu planning, ordering and monthly inventory. This was a very demanding but fun job and I only left the supervisory position because I was promoted to a Regional Manager with the same company.
Pros
Set my own hours
Cons
working mostly every weekend
Fun workplace learned alot about shipping and receiveing
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK28 February 2017
It was a good job only thing that sucked was that I was only needed till christmas. Cause it was only temp work till christmas but I learned alot bout shipping and receiveing. And also how paper work is a key part in it also how to read the labels on boxes and whatnot...
Pros
Cons
Only needed till christmas
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK31 January 2017
It was a good place, awesome people, good place to work loved to learn new things every day, the best part about working there that I likes the most was speaking on the intercom and when I finally got used to doing everything they decided to let me go just before my 3 month probation ended which was unfortunate and then they closed down for good.
Amazing working environment with excellent staff and management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ON13 February 2017
Easily one of the greatest jobs I have held thus far with a fantastic team of staff and an incredible management system. Everyone worked together as a unit and was both accepting and accommodating of everyone's individual strengths, qualities, and needs.
stylish, colorful, great quality, different size for different ages,also different products
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
great team work, friendly, responsible, on time, skillful,smart,and kind manager. always cheering customer up was employees big duties.the most important thing was caring customer because our liability was customers attraction and keeping them satisfied.
Pros
fasted paced fun place to work
Sales assocate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 March 2017
worked at Zellers for 10 years till the closed
I felt like family, being part of a team
we all worked together helping each other
A real good team, taking care of the customers needs
helping out in all the areas, when the needed help.
staying longer when needed
Good job; pleasant work environment, great co-workers
Overnight crew (M.M.T.) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 September 2016
I enjoyed working at Zellers. I worked overnights as shipper/receiver. My coworkers were great. We worked well as a team.
We loaded and unloaded merchandise, stocked shelves, cleaned and organized stock and shelves
Management was good. I was still sleeping well during the day so this job was a good fit for me at that time.
This job ended because the Zellers stores closed in Winnipeg.
Pros
Good work environment, good team work
Cons
Store closed
Working at Zellers
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS10 November 2016
Zellers was a company that helped me grow. I was able to make so many friends and learn new things. I did:

Cashier
Customer Service
Worked in Toy Department
Worked in the Clothing Department

I miss Zellers and wish it didn't closed down.
Pros
Friendly Enivornment
Cons
Didn't close during snow storms
Place was a mess
Customer Service Associate (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2017
Is it any wonder this place no longer exists? The place was messy even though barely anyone shopped there. The hardest part of the job was keeping my sanity in this post-apocalyptic looking environment.
Pros
Quiet most of the time
Cons
Boring
overall excellent company to work for.
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 October 2016
Your day starts very early as we set up for incoming freight and organized skids for the evening restock crew. I spent most of the day picking items for all departments. I enjoyed working with all the staff and management, learning about logistics, time management and general people pleasing skills.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
too much middle management.
I was the stockroom supervisor and had a crew putting out stock during the early mornings
Stockroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops8 October 2016
Was a great place to work. Would have stayed and retired there. Had a great crew that worked under me I liked the challenges of the job. I learned a lot from working the cash register to customer service and maintaining planograms
Pros
Hours worked with my family life
Cons
Store closed down
Working at Zellers
Hard-line Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 December 2016
Working at Zellers was interesting the staff and the customers were definitely nice, a typical day in my department was repetitive but important as I assisted loss prevention and other departments overall I cannot complain it was nice.
great waay to start work .
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 December 2016
supervised departments & checkouts
Did bank deposits
closed store and set alarms each evening I worked
Co-workers were great
Hardest part long hours very little home time no balance
Pros
experience to work
Cons
long hours and weekends
Great atmosphere
Stock Clerk/Receiving (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON29 November 2016
This is the best place to work they are very kind and appreciate people to work for . They allow you to work over time and you can cover more than one position with high chances to learn new skills.
Pros
Very great atmosphere for learning
Cons
No cons
Zellers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 October 2016
A typical day at work was to open stock and put it out, and while doing this I also had to attend to customer needs, and I would also be available to the cashiers to verify prices via the cashier phones. I also was the fitting room attendant which at times I could be on one side of the store and have to quickly go over to the next side to attend to customers waiting for a fitting room. While doing all of this I was also in charge of making sure my department (lingerie and fitting rooms) were all clean, clear, and safe for customers and co-workers. I learned how to multi-task efficiently, and the importance of teamwork. Management was supportive at times, and my co-workers were always very supportive, and able to assist when and how I needed. The hardest part of the job was keeping an irate customer calm, but by working on this objective I was able to overcome this. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new individuals and becoming a work family
Awesome place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON6 March 2017
I worked there as a student and they were flexible with my hours for school and went out of their way to ensure their employees were taken care of. It was always fun.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits
Store is closed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ottawa12 January 2017
The day was never the same. Sometimes you would be in customer service or on cash or putting out stock. The people were great to work with. I made a lot of friends who I am still friends with after the store closed.
A fun and fast-paced working and learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON16 October 2016
Working at Zellers was my first plight into the workforce. It was an experience that helped me develop both professionally and personally and granted me an opportunity to develop skills in customer service and product selling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zellers. Our community is ready to answer.

70%