Zara

Zara Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fashion forward, very tendy
Cashier (Current Employee), Stamford, CTFebruary 22, 2014
A typical day is about an eight hours shift doing a lot of demanding work. I learned how a business is run especially in retails. Management needs to be changed. Managers are way too young to be in charge, there's favoritism in the work place. Demanding on the co workers some are easy to get along with. Being the only cashier after the other one leaves – more... is the hardest part since you're not able to take a break. – less
Product Manager (Former Employee), LisboaFebruary 17, 2014
Responsible for Man Section in the night shift. One of my tasks was to make the assembly shop by brand guidelines and strength and sales, according to the target customer. Also carry out stock management and optimize the activities of supply inherent Consumer Store.
productive
ladieswear cashier (Former Employee), Leicester, ENGFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: long hours
My time at zara was very benefical to me as it was my first paid job. Working as a cashier was very tough because you had to work in a busy environment but also to be accurate with handling handling cash and dealing with discrepancies. i would say overall it has giving me an insight to what working in a fashion retailer has to offer. The most enjoyable – more... part about working in zara was working face to face with customers and making them leave happy but also because we worked as a team. – less
work efficient, very well organized
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Roma, LAZFebruary 4, 2014
I worked at times in the morning, sometimes closing the store.
excellent rapport with colleagues.
work hard and stressful, but fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 31, 2014
- Providing customer service
- Floor must always be fully replenished
- Management is very strict on following the store policies but also fair
- Hardest part would be maintaining the floor during rush hours
- Most enjoyable part would be when hard work is recognized and appreciated
Fun, busy and productive working environment
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Sydney, NSWJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: good uniform
Cons: long hours
A typical day consisted of attending and assisting customers on the floor, replenishment before the store opened and maintenance throughout the day. I have learned how to organise the stockroom, replenishment and also how to work productively and keep up in a very busy workplace. The management was very sweet and constantly gave feedback, which allowed – more... me to improve. I got along with every co-worker and friendly to work with. The hardest part was the long 9 hour shifts but the most enjoyable was communicating and consulting customers and also co-workers. – less
not a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: job unifrom
Cons: bad managers
A typical day at zara was like any other retail store but you have to deal with the snobby managers because of course they have their favorites and if you are not one you pretty much have to deal with their attitude and disrespect.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Department Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2014
Great people, great environment, dedicated staff, one goal and one team united constantly exceeding goals and expectations
Productive an fun workplace
Shop assistant (Former Employee), Barcelona, CTJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: contact with fashion
Cons: closing time of the shop
I started to work at 4 pm until 11 pm, so there were a lot of hours but the job was so gratifying. I worked as a shop assistant and also in the store, so I learnt a lot of thing about how to work in difference parts os a shop.

I loved advising customers.
enjoyable and hard job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), London, ENGJanuary 15, 2014
I have learnt ho to sell and negotiate,,,be punctual and proactive,
be a good team worker and work under own initiative
complementary work
clothing sorter (Former Employee), Girona, CTJanuary 10, 2014
colleagues here pretty well, I went by a friend, and well, but being two days a week, I needed another job, this job was a bit boring.
This workplace is the best.
Part Time Sales Executive (Former Employee), Marina squareJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: free food during christmas period.
Cons: -
I really enjoyed my days in Zara. My managers and I worked so well together. They really understand their workers deeply. The uniform was well used. To be short, Zara is really a nice and fun place to work in. Especially Zara Marina Sq :)
good to improve my customer service
sales assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGDecember 30, 2013
I think that it was good because I worked for a time in a place doing customer service and as well I had people working in my team in the stockroom.
Fast pace
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee), Kendall, FLDecember 19, 2013
Pros: comission
Cons: disorganized
Receiving shipment. Accurate completions of weekly tasks such as markdowns, damages, re-tickets, RTVs, auditing, transfers, and restock. Vast merchandise knowledge. Special customer service and salesexpertise. Ringing up customer sales. Recognizing security threats and thefts. Basic housekeeping.
place to work with people all over the world, good experience
Kids department deputy manager (Current Employee), London, ENGDecember 19, 2013
Pros: free uniform
Cons: long hours, no paid overtime
typical day at work:

planning rotas, deliveries, working with merchandisers, organising shop floor and stockroom, checking reports, improving sale..
A master in Retail
Store Manager (Former Employee), San Juan, PRDecember 14, 2013
A great experience as a Store Manager in a multinational company with multiple functions, the most demanding customer service and image.
The Biggest and busy retail environment with full of challenges especially in customer service
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Dubai, DUDecember 5, 2013
Pros: staff discount, yearly air ticket
Cons: one hour breaktime
It is the company in Dubai where i grow up, that enhance my skills especially in customer service, and to maintain tidy and presentable display of the items. the tradition and culture of the busiest retail shoppe which makes me a wide challenge to facilitate the multi-tasking responsibility with a smile. Manager's are well attentive and approachable – more... team leader that gives advise for more promotions to achieve more of our goals. we are a team together with my colleagues that helping each other to maintain the excellent communication to hear all the needs with an open hand to the people. we are practiced and used to have a large quantity ratio to handle customer and the hardest part of the job is during the Sale period. my emphasis is the Passion and integrity to listen and give what they need and the patience. it's nice to experience this job, that so many faces, so many races different voice with their different choices. – less
ZARA - Sales Assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Noisy-Le-Grand, FRANCENovember 18, 2013
I was responsible for ensuring all the customers were served and to retrieve what they may have requested for quickly and efficiently. Also to maintain a good appearance of the shop including size ordering, sweeping and dusting.
not a fun place to work in
Logistics Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 13, 2013
Pros: good pay plus commission
Cons: the gm and up are reactive, you can be fired for the simplist thing
good company but on the ot side and no good on the in side. there is a mis connect between corprate and store managers
Great employees and good for working in a team
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Brighton/ BluewaterNovember 4, 2013
My daily routine would include:
• Face to face sales and taking telephone orders
• Customer assistance and advice
• Hourly and morning replenishment
• Organizing and managing delivery
• Stock taking
• General upkeep of the store, including cleaning and tidying

About Zara

Zara is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer based in Arteixo, Galicia, and founded in 1975 by Amancio Ortega and Rosalía – Read more