Zara

Zara Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
not a fun place to work in
Logistics Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 13, 2013
Pros: good pay plus commission
Cons: the gm and up are reactive, you can be fired for the simplist thing
good company but on the ot side and no good on the in side. there is a mis connect between corprate and store managers
Great employees and good for working in a team
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Brighton/ BluewaterNovember 4, 2013
My daily routine would include:
• Face to face sales and taking telephone orders
• Customer assistance and advice
• Hourly and morning replenishment
• Organizing and managing delivery
• Stock taking
• General upkeep of the store, including cleaning and tidying
Fast paced
Stock Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 30, 2013
Pros: leadership
Cons: income/growth
learned different management techniques
how to collaborate with different personalities
maintaining a professional image everyday
best part of the job was customer satisfaction
hardest part having no support during shipment/lack of scheduling
regular day will be constant sense of urgency
Salesman (Former Employee), IndiaOctober 26, 2013
Pros: free clothing
Cons: long hours
It is the fantastic clothing brand. Very well fitted clothes, good staff and everything is good in ZARA.
great company
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), washington dcOctober 25, 2013
Zara is an excellent company,with so many advanced options
Very Productive workplace
Sales assistant/Cashier (Former Employee), PortugalOctober 24, 2013
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: far from home
Very busy days but patient and flexible co-workers and managers.
Increased my customer service abilities in a very high standard.
The hardest part is trying to keep every customer happy, however not impossible.
very fast environment and productive workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Trafford centreOctober 22, 2013
Pros: 1 hour of luch and dicount for employers
Cons: nothing
In a normal daya at Zara you have to be able to a multisk person because you have to deal with the customers as well as completing your daily job.
i have learnt to work under presure at Zara because is very busy environment and also work as part of a team producing affective work.
The hardest part with difference is the closing time because you have – more... to prioritaise the customers as normal but you have the presure of finshing and tiding the store for the next day.
i have enjoyed the most the fact of being attending the customers and satisfaying their needs with a great customer service. – less
productive, fast pace environment!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAOctober 22, 2013
i enjoyed working here because it was a fun fast paced environment with driven people. extremely busy but enjoyable
A friendly challenging working environment
Responsible Cashier (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 21, 2013
Pros: travel paid
Cons: some nights i would not leave the store until early hours
Zara is friendly working environment that enjoy pushing there staff to better there selves. When I started in Zara Derby they trained me extremly well. i was trained in merchandising, stock control, transfers in and out of store and also on how to to operate the cash desk. After nearly a year in the Derby store i took it upon myself to move to the new – more... store Zara Stratford London, here i helped train all the new staff and act as a mentor for them. I then move to the cash desk where i became supervisor which involved me organising the cash desk team which could consist of up to 24 cashiers at any one time. My responsibilities consisted of organising the team productively weather it’s covering breaks in all departments, finding time to complete store chores or organising the team to stay on which till. I am responsible for the daily plans, opening and closing the store, stationary orders, training and Loomis. I have also taken part on the management training programme which aided me in conducting one to ones and being note taker in the investigation and disciplinary hearings. The staff were extremely friendly and everyone worked well in a team. On a whole my time in Zara was an enjoyable one and if i never moved back home from London i would of happily continued working there. – less
Busy and Challenging
Visual Merchandiser / Co-ordinator (Former Employee), TallinnOctober 15, 2013
Pros: staff discount
Cons: stressful atmosphere
My day started at the office with reading and replying to any administrative emails about the stock, delivery and merchandising. Then that was followed by calculating, comparing and analysing the sales. After analysing the sales, I merchandised the shopfloor according to the results. Also each morning, I worked with the TGT program for any information – more... that was put up by the head office and made sure the store's merchandise standards were being met. Once a week, I also money mapped the whole shopfloor. Worked towards acheiving the targets set by the head office for the store.
On the days of delivery, I briefed the team on the arriving items and suggested on how to wear/accessorise certain items. Talked about the best and the less selling items, and made sure the team was aware of the trends. During the Sale period , I rearranged the whole shopfloor by drawing down the map of the store, and worked closely with the head of the merchandising office to achieve the shopfloor that meets Zara's standards.
Management was supportive and very helpful. I had many responsibilities, and the main thing I learned was how to multitask and work efficiently under pressure. Also to trust my intuition but discuss my ideas to wide range of people for the best results.
The hardest part of the job was definitely putting the collections together, when there were only few pieces from the full range and had to be very creative in order to sell certain items.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the creative part. I really loved working with different collections, arranging them and seeing the sales targets being met. – less
Good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 12, 2013
Pros: trendy clothes, great team
Cons: inflexible scheduling
It was a cool environment being part of a company that makes trendy and fashionable product. The hardest part was the inflexibility with the hours being that I am a college student.
Great job, with good co-workers and good manager
Salesman (Former Employee), SpainOctober 5, 2013
Great job, with good co-workers and good manager. Customer service, manage sales...
I love Zara!
Intern, (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2013
Working at Zara was great. I just wish they were more organized and had more hard working employees to run the store. However, I learned a lot from this company and I wish everyone the best!
Fast paced, largest retailer, always learning new things.
Deputy Manager (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGOctober 2, 2013
I have years of experience for working for one of the largest retailers of the world. My manager, merchandising, customer and staff skills are excellent and I am eager for a new challenge.
fun work place
sale assistant (Former Employee), Abu DhabiSeptember 25, 2013
having fun assisting customer,i love to give them some matching type clothes for what season they like..

i enjoy working also because of my friend in the company
good learning place ,improper management
sales associate (Former Employee), delhiSeptember 18, 2013
every time u need to work hard,good training module but they do'nt have good training managers.no one is there to take care of u,employees hardly smile but watery smile is always on their lips for the customers.u cant think about any enjoyment....
Great experience
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2013
Learnt organization and customer facing skills
Sales agent and stock manager (Former Employee), Madrid, MDSeptember 9, 2013
I had to stay in the store taking care of the stock and attending the customers in the cashier.

I learnt mostly about organization and customer facing skills.

The hardest part of the job was to manage the stock when the shop was crowded.

The most enjoyable part was every time you deal with a tough customer with success and when the shop was over – more... crowded and you control the situation because you expected and planed it. – less
rewarding workplace
Customer Advisor (Former Employee), La Marina Shoping Mall, Ondara, SpainSeptember 9, 2013
Looked after the children’s Clothing department,
Customer Service.
Restocking .
Management was great,
fun workplace
Asistente de Ventas (Former Employee), San Juan, PRSeptember 7, 2013
Cons: part time
I had to attend costomers, be nice to them. I learn how to be more active. My co-workers were nice persons. I love it because it a store of fashions things and I ejyoy to know what happen in the world of fashion.

About Zara

Zara is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer based in Arteixo, Galicia, and founded in 1975 by Amancio Ortega and Rosalía – Read more