ZARA Employee Reviews

good
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON1 September 2015
It was a good experience at retails which I had in Canada but they didn't meet my expectations about quality of job which is more experience in cash and finance.
good money, no work-life balance for managers
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 July 2015
Great pay for managers, but you will be owned by them.
not worth it, not a fun place to be, way better retail companies to work for.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long hours, no gratitude other than money, negative work environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Stock Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON16 June 2015
• Good management and great work environment
• It is a very fast paced environment which helped me develop the ability to be fast paced worker.
• There were always multiple tasks which helps you test your limits
• Gives you critical skills to not only work for any retailer but also prepares you for other job opportunities outside of the fashion industry
Great team
Caissière, signataire. (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 June 2015
Great job for students.
Lots of hours for workers.
Everything changes very fast and often.
Lots of tasks to do in your shift.
Nice working environment
CASHIER / SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 June 2015
Nice place to work. Managers make sure everyone works in harmony, resolves employee conflicts and make sure every one's on the same page. However, pay is very very low that's why it's only good for students or part timers. And downside is hours are always cut.
Pros
Perfect for students
Cons
Very low pay
fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2015
love working with my co-worker. I work with an amazing team. My managers are very understand and flexible. I enjoyed working in fast paste environment. The hardest part of the job I would say would be deal with a vast amount of customers.
Pros
great environment
Cons
computers never worked
Stressful
Customer Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 March 2015
Zara has very poor management. They do not care about their workers and the managers really only care about the sales and how well the stores do as a whole. The one good thing about Zara is that you have really good coworkers. A lot of time and effort is put into working at Zara but there are really no benefits. You get minimum wage plus commission, but you do not get a raise unless you have a set full time position like merchandising or specialists. Managers have the tendency to not care about you and only think about the sales and sometimes they doubt you as well. They expect a lot from us and even when we are doing the best we can, they expect more just for the company it self. There are a lot of responsibilities that you have but there are no benefits. The amount of work we are given to do is not worth the amount of pay we get. The only thing good about this company is that you get to work with the best coworkers and that is it.
The place to learn more about team work.
Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2015
Has been wonderful experience working long hours under pressure with a team that has your back and truly works as a team. with well trained managers implementing companies culture in best way possible.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2015
My day at work was filled with visual merchandising of the store, sales, daily planning, cashier, training, and overall appearance of the store.
Busy store,help you gain more experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2014
In a busy store like Zara you learn to handle work pressure better and improve your skills. Friendly environment.
Very friendly environment.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  San Pedro Sula, Honduras18 November 2014
Assist customer come in to the store providing outstanding customer service working in a team oriented store management it was a greay experience to achieved the goals. Supervisors were friendly all the time and the policies were clear one of the nicest places to work at.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
Zara
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal15 October 2014
-Accueillir les clients
-Renseigner les clients sur les caractéristiques de la marchandise et les conseiller dans leurs achats
-Renseigner la clientèle sur l'usage et l'entretien des articles
-Indiquer les prix, renseigner la clientèle sur les modalités de crédit ou d'échange
Horrendous is an understatement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2014
If you like to be treated with disrespect and talked to like a 4 year old, if you like to perform 2 people's duties during any given shift getting paid minimum wage with zero recognition and appreciation, and if you like to have a manager call you 5 times a week changing your schedule on you, then Zara is the perfect place to work.
-- Extremely rude and unprofessional management. They probably think minimum wage employees should only get minimum or no respect. They put you right on the spot with very little training and ask questions like "how come you're not doing this or that" like you're an idiot. One time I had to go to the washroom after 3 hours of doing stock and helping customers nonstop, the manager asked through the walkie "where are you" as if I had been missing for days, and after I informed her that I was just using the washroom real quick, she actually said "hurry and come back up here okay". Ridiculous.

-- Extremely heavy workload. They are always understaff. Of course I understand this--it's all about the bottom line. But don't blame me for not finishing the work when you just simply don't have enough manpower. Basically they expect you to know everything inside out in your second week and be able to check 250 items in stock, replenish all the items on the sales floor with perfect sizing and folding, serving 10+ demanding customers, and still do cash register in ONE HOUR. That is just humanly impossible. Oh and they never forget to make you feel incompetent when you don't complete the tasks or ask questions. "Why haven't you finished so and so yet" is asked
  more... every other hour during your shift.

-- Hazardous stockrooms. Very crowded with clothes, hangers, poles, hooks, boxes and everything in between right in your way. It's ok if it's just a stockroom, but you actually have to work heavy ladders and stools to get clothes. It becomes impossible to maneuver the tools at times. It's a huge accident waiting to happen.

-- Completely incompetent managers. Other than being rude and unprofessional, they also can't figure out something basic like scheduling. Your shifts change all the time, which is ok, I understand, it's retail, it's to be expected. But when they cancel your morning shift (meaning it's erased on the hand written schedule sheet) the day before, and call you at 7:05 the next morning asking "how come you're not at work", that's just not acceptable. Apparently, the managers haven't figured out a way to communicate with each other. They also miscounted my hours worked. I was underpaid by 8 hours during one pay period! Thank god I logged all my hours and checked my paycheque thoroughly. I didn't sign up to volunteer, definitely not for a place like this.

The list can go on and on, and mind you, I was there only for 3 weeks. Those unpleasant incidents all happened in just 3 weeks, part time! I refused to take such treatment, not for $10.50/HR. NO. I'm still kicking myself for not having quit sooner. 3 weeks is too long in such abusive work environment.
If you can find another minimum wage job, RUN!
Fast paced, fun environment.
Sales & Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 June 2014
A typical day involved greeting and assisting customers, selling products in a fast-paced retail environment and sometimes handling cash register. Maintaining the appearance of the store and the merchandise was also crucial. It was overall a great learning experience.
Experience and lesson learned.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2014
Too much work but they will make you tough and better person personally.
Pros
15 % off in all Zara items
Cons
No guaranteed hours
Amazing workplace with room to grow
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario29 May 2014
Working at Zara is exhilarating. All the work you do is hands on which gives you an abundant amount of experience. You are able to communicate openly with the head office team so you feel like you are part of a team. Everyone is hard working, allowing there to be always room to move up and grow in the company.
Valuable customer service skills, little room for advancement, repetitive, retail.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2014
As a sales associate a typical day would be providing support to customers, keeping the store tidy and pushing sales. I learned useful customer service techniques to better push sales as well as how to respond to irate customers. Management varied from helpful and personable to less than. Coworkers for the most part were great, they were helpful and after a few months working there they felt like old friends.
Hardest part of the job was the irate customers, it was often, and little flexibility and support from management.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with most customers as well as employees.
Pros
Discounts, employees
Cons
some customers, little room for advancement, rigid
Excellent place to work with good chance for internal promotions.
Manager / Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markville Mall, 5000 Hwy 7 East9 April 2014
•Exceeded in customer service
•Handled the cash register and balanced end of day cash
•Got promoted to manager after 3 month probation was over
•Supervised floor, verified end of day deposit and made daily zone charts
•In contact with HQ in Spain, and adjusted the store accordingly
•Made weekly schedules according to the monthly budget of hours and sales
•Prepared transfers between stores and devolution for sale products
•Handled escalated customer service issues
•Received shipment of new product and replenishment twice a week(approx. 1000 units each delivery)
•Developed high communication and time management skills
worst place ever
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  zara ireland7 April 2014
Just today I had to began for a new uniform . My trousers are ripped and my shirt missing buttons.
Pros
nobody cares if u finish your job or not
Cons
bad management, bad staff discount, worst uniform, bad salary, no weekends off, etc....
good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2014
fun, productive, on-the-go environment. Okay experience overall.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval