Zara

Zara Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
enjoyable and hard job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), London, ENGJanuary 15, 2014
I have learnt ho to sell and negotiate,,,be punctual and proactive,
be a good team worker and work under own initiative
complementary work
clothing sorter (Former Employee), Girona, CTJanuary 10, 2014
colleagues here pretty well, I went by a friend, and well, but being two days a week, I needed another job, this job was a bit boring.
This workplace is the best.
Part Time Sales Executive (Former Employee), Marina squareJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: free food during christmas period.
Cons: -
I really enjoyed my days in Zara. My managers and I worked so well together. They really understand their workers deeply. The uniform was well used. To be short, Zara is really a nice and fun place to work in. Especially Zara Marina Sq :)
good to improve my customer service
sales assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGDecember 30, 2013
I think that it was good because I worked for a time in a place doing customer service and as well I had people working in my team in the stockroom.
Fast pace
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee), Kendall, FLDecember 19, 2013
Pros: comission
Cons: disorganized
Receiving shipment. Accurate completions of weekly tasks such as markdowns, damages, re-tickets, RTVs, auditing, transfers, and restock. Vast merchandise knowledge. Special customer service and salesexpertise. Ringing up customer sales. Recognizing security threats and thefts. Basic housekeeping.
place to work with people all over the world, good experience
Kids department deputy manager (Current Employee), London, ENGDecember 19, 2013
Pros: free uniform
Cons: long hours, no paid overtime
typical day at work:

planning rotas, deliveries, working with merchandisers, organising shop floor and stockroom, checking reports, improving sale..
A master in Retail
Store Manager (Former Employee), San Juan, PRDecember 14, 2013
A great experience as a Store Manager in a multinational company with multiple functions, the most demanding customer service and image.
The Biggest and busy retail environment with full of challenges especially in customer service
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Dubai, DUDecember 5, 2013
Pros: staff discount, yearly air ticket
Cons: one hour breaktime
It is the company in Dubai where i grow up, that enhance my skills especially in customer service, and to maintain tidy and presentable display of the items. the tradition and culture of the busiest retail shoppe which makes me a wide challenge to facilitate the multi-tasking responsibility with a smile. Manager's are well attentive and approachable – more... team leader that gives advise for more promotions to achieve more of our goals. we are a team together with my colleagues that helping each other to maintain the excellent communication to hear all the needs with an open hand to the people. we are practiced and used to have a large quantity ratio to handle customer and the hardest part of the job is during the Sale period. my emphasis is the Passion and integrity to listen and give what they need and the patience. it's nice to experience this job, that so many faces, so many races different voice with their different choices. – less
ZARA - Sales Assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Noisy-Le-Grand, FRANCENovember 18, 2013
I was responsible for ensuring all the customers were served and to retrieve what they may have requested for quickly and efficiently. Also to maintain a good appearance of the shop including size ordering, sweeping and dusting.
not a fun place to work in
Logistics Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 13, 2013
Pros: good pay plus commission
Cons: the gm and up are reactive, you can be fired for the simplist thing
good company but on the ot side and no good on the in side. there is a mis connect between corprate and store managers
Great employees and good for working in a team
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Brighton/ BluewaterNovember 4, 2013
My daily routine would include:
• Face to face sales and taking telephone orders
• Customer assistance and advice
• Hourly and morning replenishment
• Organizing and managing delivery
• Stock taking
• General upkeep of the store, including cleaning and tidying
Fast paced
Stock Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 30, 2013
Pros: leadership
Cons: income/growth
learned different management techniques
how to collaborate with different personalities
maintaining a professional image everyday
best part of the job was customer satisfaction
hardest part having no support during shipment/lack of scheduling
regular day will be constant sense of urgency
Salesman (Former Employee), IndiaOctober 26, 2013
Pros: free clothing
Cons: long hours
It is the fantastic clothing brand. Very well fitted clothes, good staff and everything is good in ZARA.
great company
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), washington dcOctober 25, 2013
Zara is an excellent company,with so many advanced options
Very Productive workplace
Sales assistant/Cashier (Former Employee), PortugalOctober 24, 2013
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: far from home
Very busy days but patient and flexible co-workers and managers.
Increased my customer service abilities in a very high standard.
The hardest part is trying to keep every customer happy, however not impossible.
very fast environment and productive workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Trafford centreOctober 22, 2013
Pros: 1 hour of luch and dicount for employers
Cons: nothing
In a normal daya at Zara you have to be able to a multisk person because you have to deal with the customers as well as completing your daily job.
i have learnt to work under presure at Zara because is very busy environment and also work as part of a team producing affective work.
The hardest part with difference is the closing time because you have – more... to prioritaise the customers as normal but you have the presure of finshing and tiding the store for the next day.
i have enjoyed the most the fact of being attending the customers and satisfaying their needs with a great customer service. – less
productive, fast pace environment!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAOctober 22, 2013
i enjoyed working here because it was a fun fast paced environment with driven people. extremely busy but enjoyable
A friendly challenging working environment
Responsible Cashier (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 21, 2013
Pros: travel paid
Cons: some nights i would not leave the store until early hours
Zara is friendly working environment that enjoy pushing there staff to better there selves. When I started in Zara Derby they trained me extremly well. i was trained in merchandising, stock control, transfers in and out of store and also on how to to operate the cash desk. After nearly a year in the Derby store i took it upon myself to move to the new – more... store Zara Stratford London, here i helped train all the new staff and act as a mentor for them. I then move to the cash desk where i became supervisor which involved me organising the cash desk team which could consist of up to 24 cashiers at any one time. My responsibilities consisted of organising the team productively weather it’s covering breaks in all departments, finding time to complete store chores or organising the team to stay on which till. I am responsible for the daily plans, opening and closing the store, stationary orders, training and Loomis. I have also taken part on the management training programme which aided me in conducting one to ones and being note taker in the investigation and disciplinary hearings. The staff were extremely friendly and everyone worked well in a team. On a whole my time in Zara was an enjoyable one and if i never moved back home from London i would of happily continued working there. – less
Busy and Challenging
Visual Merchandiser / Co-ordinator (Former Employee), TallinnOctober 15, 2013
Pros: staff discount
Cons: stressful atmosphere
My day started at the office with reading and replying to any administrative emails about the stock, delivery and merchandising. Then that was followed by calculating, comparing and analysing the sales. After analysing the sales, I merchandised the shopfloor according to the results. Also each morning, I worked with the TGT program for any information – more... that was put up by the head office and made sure the store's merchandise standards were being met. Once a week, I also money mapped the whole shopfloor. Worked towards acheiving the targets set by the head office for the store.
On the days of delivery, I briefed the team on the arriving items and suggested on how to wear/accessorise certain items. Talked about the best and the less selling items, and made sure the team was aware of the trends. During the Sale period , I rearranged the whole shopfloor by drawing down the map of the store, and worked closely with the head of the merchandising office to achieve the shopfloor that meets Zara's standards.
Management was supportive and very helpful. I had many responsibilities, and the main thing I learned was how to multitask and work efficiently under pressure. Also to trust my intuition but discuss my ideas to wide range of people for the best results.
The hardest part of the job was definitely putting the collections together, when there were only few pieces from the full range and had to be very creative in order to sell certain items.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the creative part. I really loved working with different collections, arranging them and seeing the sales targets being met. – less
Good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 12, 2013
Pros: trendy clothes, great team
Cons: inflexible scheduling
It was a cool environment being part of a company that makes trendy and fashionable product. The hardest part was the inflexibility with the hours being that I am a college student.

About Zara

Zara is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer based in Arteixo, Galicia, and founded in 1975 by Amancio Ortega and Rosalía – Read more