ZARA Employee Reviews

Get a fashion trend knowledge
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2016
Friendly co-worker
good management
Flexible work shift
They get a lots of new clothes and accessries every single week
Pros
15%Off staff discount
challenging
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2016
a typical day would mean ensuring all put backs were returned to its appropriate section when store opens. making sure the store is nice and clean for customers. zara consists of so many new things to learn, whether it'd be using their advanced technologies to locate items to paying attention to the store's details. the coworkers are very friendly and energetic where work feels more like home for everyone. it is a very fast paced environment and it could get pretty stressful with the traffic on a day to day basis but it is manageable with the help of your team.
Pros
pay and commission
Inditex
Sagunda ASM (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2016
Starting with Zara from1999 in Spain was an amazing experience.
the learning /coaching was amazingly astute. Being immersed in European culture was an eye opener of many things. I started my journey in La Caruna Spain, where the company originated. visiting the factory where everything is produced from 25.90 t-shirts to 229.00 skirts. Learning to put take apart a cash register was easy... putting it back together was a completely different case as the only language our instructor spoke Spanish. needless to say we had to learn the language or be eaten. I learned enough to be able to work in the shops in La Caruna, Madrid and the Canary Islands.
The Order process differs from store to store, that was enlightening as I just thought it was automatic to receive generic orders. we learned to order based on the selling trends of each store how to staff the store based on light and heavy traffic days/ times.
The Staff were very happy to help us Canadians learn the European way of doing things including Siesta. wonderful (Canada should adopt that!!) It helped balance life and home. after Spain was London where our roles picked up a bit as we were fluent in the language...sortof. Learning to run a high street boutique was like nothing else we've done in the past. although Spain-Madrid in particular was a 'high street" but seemed so small city in regards to London! The merchandising aspect of it all was easier then I thought as HO sends you a photo of exactly what they want . use to this as all store are expected to do the same.
off to Montreal, Canada to open the Zara store in
  more... the Place Montreal Trust mall. All of what we learned from setting up fixtures, filling them, staffing store with all department staff, setting cash desk operations, cleaning so that everything was perfect was a 50 man power task with 14/15 hr days. Helped open a few more store locations across Canada. Toronto being the last stop and where I started as Cash manger. and through the years and decisions of going to part time and eventually being full time as assistant store manager.  less
Pros
Abreast of all the current fashion, Travel and learn European cultures.
Cons
no balance of family life and work life
A fun fast paced environemnt
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 March 2016
A typical day would include replenishment of stock two or three times, serving customers with any issues they may have; this includes clothing advice, or suggesting alternatives.
Ok
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2016
ENJOYED, working with my co-workers. everyday is a different day. Management supports the employees when it comes to customers.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2016
Always busy and we are a team no matter what.
a lot of room to grow. always keep a positive mind and work hard and it will be recognized and appreciated.
What a great company
Men's Wear (sales) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2016
Zara is a wonderful company, I have been fortunate enough to be a part of a great group of people representing an amazing brand. I would recommend anyone looking to be a part of an amazing retail experience to join Zara.
cashier
Sales Assistant and then Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2016
Great edperiance worked at Zara. First I appoint as sales associate then after I appoint as Cashier there. Very ggod staff as well as all the managers there
active and fun work place
Employee (Former Employee) –  toronto eaton center17 March 2016
at zara everyone grows on you and makes you feel like family. its a positive place and very outgoing and has a lot of hard workers.
Fun workplace and great people
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  square one11 March 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-worker and a positive environment, The hardest part of the job was getting there on time because I live in a different city. It would take me two hours to get there,
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
To far
Productive, career based environment, great people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2016
A typical day at work would be coming into work assisting with shipment that came in the night before, then opening up the cash registers. I learned that working in retail takes patience and being in an environment where customer service is key, I acquired skills to ensure a customers happiness. Management was a great team to work with, flexible with scheduling due to schooling. The hardest part of my job would be customers who were unable to comprehend the price of an item or promotional prices. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help costumers find an outfit and then being able to cash them out with a great purchase
I luvd it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2016
I loved working at Zara it was unlike every other retail nightmare. The managers were supportive and understanding and extremely helpful, the coworkers friendly, fun to work with. It was a great environment which promoted a well rounded routine in the workplace and provided great opportunities to learn more and advance as you see fit.
el clasico
Unpacking & stoking clerk (Former Employee) –  santa ana, el salvador16 February 2016
el clasico restaurant is a very elegant restaurant where i got to have the experience of cashier and a waitress also cleaning, a very environmental place with sports, parties and dance
Pros
beaitull view of the lake
Cons
didnt like working at the weekends
Worst place for pt/students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2016
- management has their favourites hence others are treated very poorly
- not a good place to work at if you are in school (they're not flexible with hours)
Pros
nothing
Fun coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2016
Working at Zara has been great, i love working there because my coworkers was so friendly and helpful and the company give good flexible hours.
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
rude customers
Management has no idea what they're doing.
Sales Associate - Yorkdale Shopping Centre (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2016
Managers forget to put half the staff on the schedule, no one ever answers the phone and just overall unprofessional. Avoid Yorkdale location!
high fashion volume
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2016
- on sales floor, maintaining zone, replenish and run items every hour, help customers
- introduced to stock duties
- management team was very bad, very unprofessional
- mutual with all co-workers
- commute to work
- meeting new people, always on the go
Pros
hour lunches, unpaid, good amount of break
Cons
commute to work, tasks that consisted all day
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 January 2016
The workplace can get really stressful but as long as you have a team supporting you, you'll be fine. The hours are flexible and the workers are fun to be with.
Pros
flexible hours
Sales associate
Responsable produit (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC17 January 2016
Hardly any balance with personal life, managers lack school education and hierarchy makes you feel like you're shit even when you work very well and hard. Worst employer with McDonald's. Not even willing to pay for a Christmas party. Never seen an employer so cheap.
Productive, career based environment, great people to work with.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 January 2016
Overall I would recommend Zara to anyone looking to gain good experience in the retail fashion which ever changing. Zara really keeps up with the runway and is great when it comes to staff promotion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.