ZARA Employee Reviews

Valuable customer service skills, little room for advancement, repetitive, retail.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2014
As a sales associate a typical day would be providing support to customers, keeping the store tidy and pushing sales. I learned useful customer service techniques to better push sales as well as how to respond to irate customers. Management varied from helpful and personable to less than. Coworkers for the most part were great, they were helpful and after a few months working there they felt like old friends.
Hardest part of the job was the irate customers, it was often, and little flexibility and support from management.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with most customers as well as employees.
Pros
Discounts, employees
Cons
some customers, little room for advancement, rigid
Nice working environment
CASHIER / SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 June 2015
Nice place to work. Managers make sure everyone works in harmony, resolves employee conflicts and make sure every one's on the same page. However, pay is very very low that's why it's only good for students or part timers. And downside is hours are always cut.
Pros
Perfect for students
Cons
Very low pay
Great colleagues to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2012
Working in this company provided me with many people that I could identify with as a team. Everyone was very helpful towards each other and this made it a pleaseant place to work at.

Management at the store level was always changing and it was at times depressing when managers that you have built a bond with had to work at another location. Additionally, frequent turnovers meant that many friends that you have established were slowly going away.

This job was demanding in that it always felt that the store was understaffed, but this also brought with it a challenge that provided motivation to excel in daily operations where our results were shown to us by our managers on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis regarding our sales targets.
Pros
store wide commisions
Cons
frequent changes in personnel
amaizing enviroment amaizing clothes and good people.
saleslady and cashierr servise (Former Employee) –  Athens, ON24 February 2014
I went to work every day dressed nicely when everything was coming to me something like buy without thinking about it at all .... I really liked communicating with customers....my manager a amaizing person with a lot of humor..I loved going to the job I had very anargy and really happy
Very friendly environment.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  San Pedro Sula, Honduras18 November 2014
Assist customer come in to the store providing outstanding customer service working in a team oriented store management it was a greay experience to achieved the goals. Supervisors were friendly all the time and the policies were clear one of the nicest places to work at.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
Amazing workplace with room to grow
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario29 May 2014
Working at Zara is exhilarating. All the work you do is hands on which gives you an abundant amount of experience. You are able to communicate openly with the head office team so you feel like you are part of a team. Everyone is hard working, allowing there to be always room to move up and grow in the company.
the worst company in the world
sales (Former Employee) –  Canada6 December 2012
A store and head office run by uneducated snotty middle management girls who refer to the employees as "stupid brainless people". There is no respect towards the employee, they preach about safety when the backroom is prepared for accidents (the emergency exit is blocked by boxes and trash).
Pros
nothing
Cons
no respect
Stressful
Customer Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 March 2015
Zara has very poor management. They do not care about their workers and the managers really only care about the sales and how well the stores do as a whole. The one good thing about Zara is that you have really good coworkers. A lot of time and effort is put into working at Zara but there are really no benefits. You get minimum wage plus commission, but you do not get a raise unless you have a set full time position like merchandising or specialists. Managers have the tendency to not care about you and only think about the sales and sometimes they doubt you as well. They expect a lot from us and even when we are doing the best we can, they expect more just for the company it self. There are a lot of responsibilities that you have but there are no benefits. The amount of work we are given to do is not worth the amount of pay we get. The only thing good about this company is that you get to work with the best coworkers and that is it.
fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2015
love working with my co-worker. I work with an amazing team. My managers are very understand and flexible. I enjoyed working in fast paste environment. The hardest part of the job I would say would be deal with a vast amount of customers.
Pros
great environment
Cons
computers never worked
good money, no work-life balance for managers
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 July 2015
Great pay for managers, but you will be owned by them.
not worth it, not a fun place to be, way better retail companies to work for.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long hours, no gratitude other than money, negative work environment.
Fast paced, fun environment.
Sales & Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 June 2014
A typical day involved greeting and assisting customers, selling products in a fast-paced retail environment and sometimes handling cash register. Maintaining the appearance of the store and the merchandise was also crucial. It was overall a great learning experience.
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor On14 October 2015
Work volunteer hours as sale associate, providing the help to be good trained as sale associate. Sale dresses and help the manger organizing the store.
not the greatest
sales (Current Employee) –  vancouver4 September 2015
company doesn't care at all management isn't great workers are amazing people will only be able to last a month working there because of the conditions
Pros
good hours
Cons
management
The place to learn more about team work.
Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2015
Has been wonderful experience working long hours under pressure with a team that has your back and truly works as a team. with well trained managers implementing companies culture in best way possible.
fun but taxing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2016
of course, just like in any retail stores, stress is inevitable. zara is notoriously known for providing consumers fast fashion, therefore, they try their best to meet customer satisfaction. each week, you're expected to receive high units of merchandise and it can honestly be so taxing. if you're a full timer, you're most likely going to get a schedule as early as 6 a.m. or 7 a.m. to help with "truck" on shipment days. most shifts are usually 8 hours long unless you're a part timer who has a limited availability. most people would say that it's a difficult place to work at if you're a full time student, honestly, if you discuss it with your managers, there's a chance that you'll get the schedule you desire. also, if you're a hard-worker, they'll obviously respect your availability request so as long as you're reasonable. it is a taxing job, as you always have to keep moving and also your zone changes per hour. on the other hand, it's the overall team that makes it worth it to come to work. everyone's friendly, it's like you're a whole family working together. but, i guess it really depends as to which location you're working for. if you're nice, cooperative and respectful to your colleagues.. then they're obviously going to treat you the same way! it's an overall good experience, it's just the customers that makes it unbearable sometimes. it's honestly what you make of it.

also, good pay for a part time job. hrly pay+ commission
Pros
good pay, flexible, lots of growth, good coworkers, an hour long lunch break etc.
Cons
expect to deal with difficult customers, long taxing hours, the constant change of zones
good
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON1 September 2015
It was a good experience at retails which I had in Canada but they didn't meet my expectations about quality of job which is more experience in cash and finance.
worst place ever
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  zara ireland7 April 2014
Just today I had to began for a new uniform . My trousers are ripped and my shirt missing buttons.
Pros
nobody cares if u finish your job or not
Cons
bad management, bad staff discount, worst uniform, bad salary, no weekends off, etc....
Excellent and very productive work environment.
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Salvador5 March 2013
A job that allows workers to go climbing and go as people develop through time. There is an excellent understanding between coworkers and mutually helpful.
learning how to not take things personally.
Fashion Merchandiser/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 July 2013
I have learned how to be pore passionate and patient than I was before, and also how to not take this personally.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Not very happy working with.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2013
Messages coming from upper level were not very clear. Hard work wasn't recognised.
Pros
loved to work with other mamgers at same level.
Cons
hard work wasn't recognised

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.