Zara

Zara Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun work place
sale assistant (Former Employee), Abu DhabiSeptember 25, 2013
having fun assisting customer,i love to give them some matching type clothes for what season they like..

i enjoy working also because of my friend in the company
good learning place ,improper management
sales associate (Former Employee), delhiSeptember 18, 2013
every time u need to work hard,good training module but they do'nt have good training managers.no one is there to take care of u,employees hardly smile but watery smile is always on their lips for the customers.u cant think about any enjoyment....
Great experience
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2013
Working at Zara was great. I just wish they were more organized and had more hard working employees to run the store. However, I learned a lot from this company and I wish everyone the best!
Learnt organization and customer facing skills
Sales agent and stock manager (Former Employee), Madrid, MDSeptember 9, 2013
I had to stay in the store taking care of the stock and attending the customers in the cashier.

I learnt mostly about organization and customer facing skills.

The hardest part of the job was to manage the stock when the shop was crowded.

The most enjoyable part was every time you deal with a tough customer with success and when the shop was over – more... crowded and you control the situation because you expected and planed it. – less
rewarding workplace
Customer Advisor (Former Employee), La Marina Shoping Mall, Ondara, SpainSeptember 9, 2013
Looked after the children’s Clothing department,
Customer Service.
Restocking .
Management was great,
fun workplace
Asistente de Ventas (Former Employee), San Juan, PRSeptember 7, 2013
Cons: part time
I had to attend costomers, be nice to them. I learn how to be more active. My co-workers were nice persons. I love it because it a store of fashions things and I ejyoy to know what happen in the world of fashion.
creative and fashionable workplace
MERCHANDISER/BUYER (Former Employee), A Coruña, SpainSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: salary, discounts, travels, fashion atmosphere
Cons: long hours, no flexibility, no career inside
all day I checked the daily sales by country, stores, I check differents rankings by product, by family, by colours, by collections, I talked with my team: one sales responsible for each market. twice a week I selected which product I was going to send to each store according to the past sales, especial tastes and fashion trends, important moments in – more... campaign. create specific collection each campaign for each market, select the product, deal with suppliers, quantities by sizes, by stores, prices. control de stock levels daily with the increase or decrease when necessary. prepare the Sale period.
I learned a lot fashion trends, we have to be updated
the two things I really enjoy were to visit the countries twice a year and to create the special collections
the hardest part of the job were to control more than 4000 different references in 65 stores in 8 countries, what I was selling and what I didnt when we had new items in store twice a week – less
Work
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Delhi, DLSeptember 5, 2013
I want to gain knowledge about the product which we are selling in Zara and the most important Customer Handling which is the most important for the store.
fun work place
Order Picker (Current Employee), Hythe, ENGSeptember 3, 2013
this job it`s` very easy but not for my :) im prefer excawator job
ZARA
Product Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: active, fast past, room for growth
Cons: bad management
This Was A Fast Past Company, That required you to make manager decisions in a timely manner. This taught me to learn fast and make leadership choices.
FUN WORKPLACE
Cashier (Current Employee), London, ENGSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: bank holiday double pay
Cons: long hours
VERY GOOD SALARY,BUT IT'S TO FAR FOR ME WORKING THERE.I'M WORKING ONLY AT WEEKEND FROM 11-21 AND ON SUNDAY FROM 11-19.
good
Shop assistant (Former Employee), CasablancaAugust 24, 2013
working for zara was great,i've always enjoyed talking and helping people to get what they wanted...
The salary is very high, as is the turnover they like to spend time training staff into management very quickly, long hours and no pay no time back.
Deputy Manager (Current Employee), Canterbury, started in BluewaterAugust 22, 2013
Pros: wages and doubling pension, free uniform
Cons: long hours, lack of support
Setting the staff up with jobs, including replenshiment, deliverys, moving product actioning emails. Driving sales through the day and customer service. Training staff through a series of 121's or on the spot training.
Ive worked many years in Zara and gone through various roles everyday i'm learning new procudures as we change all the time, Ive suffered – more... what i consider a lot of inconsistancy during my role as deputy manager in 2 years i have had 4 managers and 4 merchandisers and just as many regional managers so i think my hard work and efforts have gone unnoticed.
My co workers i spend time with to focus on there training and have positive feedback from this area of the job.
What i most enjoy about my job is the customer service.
I'm a hands on manager and although i am capable of rotas and budgets i enjoy driving the team and sales. – less
very professionnal and friendly environment
Sale assistant (Current Employee), londonAugust 20, 2013
Nice place to work with people from different countries...
Not good experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Bluewater, ENGAugust 14, 2013
Not really good place to work- at the time. Management not proffesional, not very frendly people, Not right company to work for.
Good chance to work in high fashion
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 13, 2013
A typical day at work there is always something that needs to be done: Visual merchandising, floor moves, restock, etc. Working there, I have learned how to cope with people from different backgrounds and cultures and their styles of choice. The management is cool. They are open ears for any suggestions and feedback the employees might have. My co-workers – more... are very helpful, fun and energetic. Even the busiest and craziest days are smooth when they are around. The hardest part of my job is when we sell out of our best merchandise because its sometimes hard to find an alternative especially when the customer traveled far for that specific item. The most enjoyable part of my job is finding items for the customers and they fit well; even when its something out of the usual for them. – less
good enviroment
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 9, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: health care
I learned about how others lived there lives. the hardest part was satisfying some clients. the best part was satisfying the clients. I had to Set sales and holiday displays; dressed mannequins, Marked down ticket prices as needed; counted merchandise to verify stock-to-sales quantities, Loaded and unloaded items from delivery trucks, Answered questions – more... from and provided information to customers about merchandise for sale, Obtained merchandise from stockroom when merchandise was not on floor , Processed cash & credit card payments from customers co workers was nice – less
on point work place
Store Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2013
Pros: free uniforms
Cons: very un-understanding about call outs and sick days
Everything is very organized and on point
Co-workers were ok
Management was tough
A fun place to work
Senior Sales Advisor/ Stockroom Controller (Former Employee), Oxford Circus, ENGJuly 31, 2013
Pros: discounts across zara and bershka
Cons: early starts
Serving customers ordering correct sizes and putting outfits together
How to cope under alot of pressure and to deal with issues when managers are not around
Meeting co workers from abroad
hardest part of the job was 6am starts
Enjoyable part meeting new people everyday helping customers and exceeding their expectations
sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2013
Pros: free food when working on markdown for overtime
Cons: short breaks, not organized, commission, no communication
the co workers were ok. Just not everyone gave you the respect you deserve.

About Zara

Zara is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer based in Arteixo, Galicia, and founded in 1975 by Amancio Ortega and Rosalía – Read more