ZARA Employee Reviews

Ok
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2016
ENJOYED, working with my co-workers. everyday is a different day. Management supports the employees when it comes to customers.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2016
Always busy and we are a team no matter what.
a lot of room to grow. always keep a positive mind and work hard and it will be recognized and appreciated.
high fashion volume
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2016
- on sales floor, maintaining zone, replenish and run items every hour, help customers
- introduced to stock duties
- management team was very bad, very unprofessional
- mutual with all co-workers
- commute to work
- meeting new people, always on the go
Pros
hour lunches, unpaid, good amount of break
Cons
commute to work, tasks that consisted all day
Very different environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 June 2016
Fast paced environment- managers taught a lot about business aspect of retail.
engaged in recruitment and selection processes
hardest part were the hours and travelling over an hour and a half in snow storms to get to work for 7am
Sales Associate/Cashier
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ON20 October 2015
Typical day at work would be assisting customers with any items, whether it be for a, friend ,loved one, child ,or even them with merchandise. I learned that working in retail requires patience and time making sure customers are happy. The hardest part of my job would be customers that are not happy with promotions or prices why not being able to buy the company's product. Most enjoyable part would be putting together a outfit that the customer really liked and purchased.
Pros
Different Shifts
Cons
Working holidays
Worst place for pt/students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2016
- management has their favourites hence others are treated very poorly
- not a good place to work at if you are in school (they're not flexible with hours)
Pros
nothing
fun but taxing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2016
of course, just like in any retail stores, stress is inevitable. zara is notoriously known for providing consumers fast fashion, therefore, they try their best to meet customer satisfaction. each week, you're expected to receive high units of merchandise and it can honestly be so taxing. if you're a full timer, you're most likely going to get a schedule as early as 6 a.m. or 7 a.m. to help with "truck" on shipment days. most shifts are usually 8 hours long unless you're a part timer who has a limited availability. most people would say that it's a difficult place to work at if you're a full time student, honestly, if you discuss it with your managers, there's a chance that you'll get the schedule you desire. also, if you're a hard-worker, they'll obviously respect your availability request so as long as you're reasonable. it is a taxing job, as you always have to keep moving and also your zone changes per hour. on the other hand, it's the overall team that makes it worth it to come to work. everyone's friendly, it's like you're a whole family working together. but, i guess it really depends as to which location you're working for. if you're nice, cooperative and respectful to your colleagues.. then they're obviously going to treat you the same way! it's an overall good experience, it's just the customers that makes it unbearable sometimes. it's honestly what you make of it.

also, good pay for a part time job. hrly pay+ commission
Pros
good pay, flexible, lots of growth, good coworkers, an hour long lunch break etc.
Cons
expect to deal with difficult customers, long taxing hours, the constant change of zones
Productive, career based environment, great people to work with.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 January 2016
Overall I would recommend Zara to anyone looking to gain good experience in the retail fashion which ever changing. Zara really keeps up with the runway and is great when it comes to staff promotion.
Fun environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2016
Working at Zara gave me an opportunity to work on my interpersonal skills by interacting with customers at a daily basis.
Wonderful experience overall. Great hours. Lots to learn at work though it's a retail environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2016
Part-time/ Full-time hours. Permanent job. Room to grow. Intense yet a fast-paced work environment. Lots to learn on the job.
Great colleagues to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2012
Working in this company provided me with many people that I could identify with as a team. Everyone was very helpful towards each other and this made it a pleaseant place to work at.

Management at the store level was always changing and it was at times depressing when managers that you have built a bond with had to work at another location. Additionally, frequent turnovers meant that many friends that you have established were slowly going away.

This job was demanding in that it always felt that the store was understaffed, but this also brought with it a challenge that provided motivation to excel in daily operations where our results were shown to us by our managers on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis regarding our sales targets.
Pros
store wide commisions
Cons
frequent changes in personnel
fun place to work in it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2016
.meeting people
.being controlled.
.Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for.
.Balancing cash registers with receipts.
Excellent place to work with good chance for internal promotions.
Manager / Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markville Mall, 5000 Hwy 7 East9 April 2014
•Exceeded in customer service
•Handled the cash register and balanced end of day cash
•Got promoted to manager after 3 month probation was over
•Supervised floor, verified end of day deposit and made daily zone charts
•In contact with HQ in Spain, and adjusted the store accordingly
•Made weekly schedules according to the monthly budget of hours and sales
•Prepared transfers between stores and devolution for sale products
•Handled escalated customer service issues
•Received shipment of new product and replenishment twice a week(approx. 1000 units each delivery)
•Developed high communication and time management skills
The place to learn more about team work.
Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2015
Has been wonderful experience working long hours under pressure with a team that has your back and truly works as a team. with well trained managers implementing companies culture in best way possible.
What a great company
Men's Wear (sales) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2016
Zara is a wonderful company, I have been fortunate enough to be a part of a great group of people representing an amazing brand. I would recommend anyone looking to be a part of an amazing retail experience to join Zara.
worst place ever
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  zara ireland7 April 2014
Just today I had to began for a new uniform . My trousers are ripped and my shirt missing buttons.
Pros
nobody cares if u finish your job or not
Cons
bad management, bad staff discount, worst uniform, bad salary, no weekends off, etc....
Fun workplace and great people
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  square one11 March 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-worker and a positive environment, The hardest part of the job was getting there on time because I live in a different city. It would take me two hours to get there,
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
To far
I luvd it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2016
I loved working at Zara it was unlike every other retail nightmare. The managers were supportive and understanding and extremely helpful, the coworkers friendly, fun to work with. It was a great environment which promoted a well rounded routine in the workplace and provided great opportunities to learn more and advance as you see fit.
Fun workplace energy, great co-workers but poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West vancouver,BC7 September 2015
basic day at Zara includes helping customers find clothes and give my opinion on sizes and style. I learned many things including customer service and how to be effective at sales. management ineffective at times with scheduling and relationships with employees.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Poor management
active and fun work place
Employee (Former Employee) –  toronto eaton center17 March 2016
at zara everyone grows on you and makes you feel like family. its a positive place and very outgoing and has a lot of hard workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.