Zara

Zara Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive working place
Salesperson (Former Employee), Bergamo, ItalySeptember 8, 2014
My typical day of work was to keep the shoptide and well organized.
learned how to move in the shop without disturbing customers, I was available when they needed me and I could help them looking for clothes. If I was too busy or I didn't know something, I politely told the client that it would have been better for them to ask for someone else's help, – more... since it was my first experience.
The staff was polite, as they taught me what I had to do.
The hardest part of the job was to put clothes in the right places because customers often threw them everywhere.
What I liked the most was to help clients and give them pieces of advice. – less
Great Co-Workers and Friendly Environment
Stylist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 6, 2014
A typical day included customer service, styling and opening and closing the store. Some other job duties included, but not limited to:
• Developing and Maintaining Customer Relationships
• Opening and Closing Store/ Assisting Visual Team (Seasonal)
• Transfers, online purchases, and direct-to-customer shipment, tracking merchandise
Fast-paced and socialable work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 30, 2014
Pros: commission on top of pay, hour breaks, uniform provided
Cons: long shifts, non-stop work
- Most enjoyable part of the job is having a team who you can count on to help throughout the day
- I learned how to work multiple tasks at once and how to get projects done quicker.
- Co-workers were pretty decent and on the same page as you are.
- Management knew how to handle most things but sometimes there stress or the pressure they felt was reflected – more... on how they treated or acted towards the staff
- A typical day of work would be a 6-9 hours shift. During this shift you covered several sections throughout the day most likely replenished the floor several times and did phone/stock checks several times.
- Hardest part of the job was the high traffic during closing hours. Sometimes closing procedures wont begin till 30 mins after closing because we still had to help remaining customers – less
key holder & sales
Key holder & sales (Former Employee), South Miami, FLAugust 22, 2014
If you breath fashion i recommend Zara. ZAra has all the latest trends of fashion. I learn a lot with in the 3 and a half years i work there. it thought me how to sale, customer service, floor planning and alot more...
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Birmingham, ENGAugust 22, 2014
Amazing work environment. It is the ideal job for students.
A good place to work.
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with were very surportive of each others day to day task.
For a few years my primary job was to replenished the floor after an item/s was sold. I did also however I also returned over stocked to there proper place in the stock room by fold labeling and changing hangers from floor to stock.
Busy bee
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAAugust 16, 2014
It gets busy, and you are constantly on your feet. It's fun, but very tiring. Management makes all the difference. I was blessed to work with an awesome manager that was very organized.
Sales assistant
Sales assistant (Current Employee), London, ENGAugust 13, 2014
Cons: long hours, differents shifts
• Providing excellent customer service to maximize sales on the sales floor and in the fitting rooms
• Managing the stockroom, replenishing the sales floor with news garments
• Working with garments - ensuring the high standards are maintained at all times
• Helping in the season sales’ preparation
• Working well in a team, supporting and assisting – more... my colleagues – less
an xcellent experience..cant elaborate...
department manager (Former Employee), GurgaonAugust 12, 2014
• New Store’s Opening : Having experience about zara new store opening preparation and planing,part of zara new store opening team member, already participate in new store opening team more then eight new store in INDIA.

• Merchandise planning: Ordering the base stock required by understanding the trends, consumer demand and analysis of ranking reports. – more... Creating retail space and stockroom management for new and non show items
 Visual Merchandising: Involved in coordination and visual merchandising according to the guidelines and identifying the ranking reports. Highlighting the theme and styles in the most attractive manner that makes shopping an experience to the customer.
 Inventory management: Locating the fast and slow moving styles so that the store area is divided and utilized carefully to get the maximum return. Rotation of the stock so that the store looks fresh and new.
 Manpower management: Understand the team and building confidence and professionalism in them through daily briefing sections, maintaining individual coaching logs, allotting key responsible areas to bring in accountability and system. Bringing in competitive spirit within the team. Inculcating and instilling the charm of making and breaking records. – less
Retail
Sales Associate/Retail (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 9, 2014
The company is sophisticated and they pay well compared to other retail companies. It is easy to move up, as long as the individual is hardworking. As an associate, I've been trained in visual and as a supervisor.
Fun and productive!
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2014
Zara is a fun and productiove place to work. You're always busy helping clientele with wardrobe choices. Even as as a cashier youre allowed to cross-train by assisting clients on the sales floor.
productive and fun workplace
shop floor worker (Former Employee), London / Gatwick Airport, ENGAugust 5, 2014
Pros: team skills and fun workplace
Cons: long hours
great workplace, first job, foot in the doorstep to working lfe, interchangeable retail skill& people skills
nice atmosphere, opportunities to promote
Cashier and shop assistant (Current Employee), Bournemouth, ENGAugust 5, 2014
Pros: youthful team
Cons: hectic work on weekends
Every day is a busy day with multiple tasks that does not allow you to get bored.
Very competent and comprehensible managerial staff that regard the staff as human beings and know how to motivate.
very good place to work and learn
Sr. Fashion Assistance (Former Employee), Delhi, DLJuly 21, 2014
amazing co. with amazing fashion sense and work environment.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZJuly 19, 2014
typical day at work, customer service. i learned to be more flexible on my job.the hardest and enjoyable part of the job is dealing with different customers everyday.
group work and fun place
Cashier (Former Employee), London, ENGJuly 18, 2014
A typical day in Zara was busy but full of friendship among the workers in Zara. We were not just colleges but a family. An awesome experience that I would repeat doubtless.
The Zara team was amazing
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), PasadenaJuly 15, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: management kept changing
My typical day at Zara would vary due to the various duties needed at the store. As a cashier I learned how to multi-task with customers as well as administrative duties such as filing paperwork. Being on the sales floor I learned how to help various customers in a timely manner. Handling restock every 30 minutes was one of my favorite duties because – more... I was able to work in a fast pace environment. – less
learned how to prioritise and organise
Shoes responsible (Former Employee), Oxford CircusJuly 13, 2014
Receiving daily shoes delivery (50 to 60 boxes with 60 pairs each). Changing prices coming from Spain, working with visuals following the collection. Commerciality and reports follow up. Customer service, Overstock, managing small team 2-3 people.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), London, ENGJuly 13, 2014
I really enjoy working at Zara, it is a fun and warm environment to work in and the staff and management team are very good. You meet new people everyday.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), KielceJuly 11, 2014
A lot things to do at once, comunication with customer on first place

About Zara

Zara is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer based in Arteixo, Galicia, and founded in 1975 by Amancio Ortega and Rosalía – Read more