ZARA Employee Reviews

environnement de travail très dynamique
Vendeuse/ caissière (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 May 2016
Développe la rapidité à apprendre dans le domaine de la vente et de la mode. Promotion de poste, ce fait très facilement.
Worst working experience I had.
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 May 2016
Inditex, the parent group who owns Zara, is clearly doesn't want to take responsibility and change their unethical conduct. This particular Zara is an expert in the sphere. They will look at you as some one worthy only if you do not question authority and ready to follow orders with no comments. This is the worst place I've worked at, which disregards your opinion and morals about business ethics and culture.
The typical day at the stock would include to file clothes where they belong or to get clothes on the floor from the stock. Both are hard to do, because the apparels are old, and the application on the iPod is inaccurate due to the management and employees.
Management and employees are ready to screw you up for their personal benefits, and even the human resources is not so welcoming, although they all seem to be nice at first.

BELIEVE ME, YOU WANT TO AVOID THIS PLACE.
Pros
Full-time benefits and 25% discount on clothes.
Cons
Management is inexperienced, employees too, the turnover rate is very high (4-6 people leaving and apply every 2 weeks), Very hard to follow the most simple schemes at work, because no one else is following (including management)
Environnement de travail dynamique et productif
Conseillère en vente (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC21 May 2016
Les journées sont souvent chargées, il faut de l'endurance et de la responsabilité. Le temps passe vraiment vite comme on est toujours occupé. L'aspect le plus agréable c'est que tout le monde doit donner du sien pour le bon déroulement de l'entreprise, c'est vraiment un travaille d’équipe.
productive
visual commercial (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 May 2016
always on youre feet learning something new everyday. great team. must be quick and hardworking. advanced technology. learn a lot about business and marketing. management is great
Fun environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2016
Working at Zara gave me an opportunity to work on my interpersonal skills by interacting with customers at a daily basis.
peace place
Cashier-Operations (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2016
zara is best place I had learned so many experience based on customer service and management . I have great team at zara who can help me when I need support, as every job zara has hard side as well, as customer service; biggest point of the company .. Working on , and always get the result for customer to work as team , most enjoyable part of the job every day every time we get the know so many new things and u are able to get to work as multitasking . the best thing is about zara company, it helps u learn as a team and u get the way the solve the problems in case u want to handle it .
Pros
free gift card every chistmas
fun place to work in it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2016
.meeting people
.being controlled.
.Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for.
.Balancing cash registers with receipts.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2016
Very friendly environment
Management very helpful and always pushing you to do you're best
Learned to work in a fast-paced high-impact environment
Co-workers extremely friendly always willing to help and assist
Most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work among
a team of great people
Interactive, productive, cooperational, and enthausastic workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 April 2016
I was responsible for managing the sale floor, training new employees, and organizing the stockroom. My duty required responding quickly and resourcefully to customer requests or concerns. Also, meeting individual targets for the day such as: sales, emails, signing up customers to the company’s loyalty program, and accurately completing cash register transactions. Through it all, I learned professionalism, initiative, and adaptability. The hardest part of the job was management of the sales floor on a busy day. However, the most enjoyable part was creating new loyal customers.
Pros
Great team, costumers, and working environment
Cons
Hours are not flexiable
Wonderful experience overall. Great hours. Lots to learn at work though it's a retail environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2016
Part-time/ Full-time hours. Permanent job. Room to grow. Intense yet a fast-paced work environment. Lots to learn on the job.
Une très bonne dynamique
Vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Pau, QC25 April 2016
Travail difficile physiquement (longues journées, plusieurs heures debout à faire des allers - retours à vive allure), mais une bonne ambiance, une bonne organisation, et un salaire plus que satisfaisant.
Get a fashion trend knowledge
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2016
Friendly co-worker
good management
Flexible work shift
They get a lots of new clothes and accessries every single week
Pros
15%Off staff discount
challenging
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2016
a typical day would mean ensuring all put backs were returned to its appropriate section when store opens. making sure the store is nice and clean for customers. zara consists of so many new things to learn, whether it'd be using their advanced technologies to locate items to paying attention to the store's details. the coworkers are very friendly and energetic where work feels more like home for everyone. it is a very fast paced environment and it could get pretty stressful with the traffic on a day to day basis but it is manageable with the help of your team.
Pros
pay and commission
Inditex
Sagunda ASM (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2016
Starting with Zara from1999 in Spain was an amazing experience.
the learning /coaching was amazingly astute. Being immersed in European culture was an eye opener of many things. I started my journey in La Caruna Spain, where the company originated. visiting the factory where everything is produced from 25.90 t-shirts to 229.00 skirts. Learning to put take apart a cash register was easy... putting it back together was a completely different case as the only language our instructor spoke Spanish. needless to say we had to learn the language or be eaten. I learned enough to be able to work in the shops in La Caruna, Madrid and the Canary Islands.
The Order process differs from store to store, that was enlightening as I just thought it was automatic to receive generic orders. we learned to order based on the selling trends of each store how to staff the store based on light and heavy traffic days/ times.
The Staff were very happy to help us Canadians learn the European way of doing things including Siesta. wonderful (Canada should adopt that!!) It helped balance life and home. after Spain was London where our roles picked up a bit as we were fluent in the language...sortof. Learning to run a high street boutique was like nothing else we've done in the past. although Spain-Madrid in particular was a 'high street" but seemed so small city in regards to London! The merchandising aspect of it all was easier then I thought as HO sends you a photo of exactly what they want . use to this as all store are expected to do the same.
off to Montreal, Canada to open the Zara store in
  more... the Place Montreal Trust mall. All of what we learned from setting up fixtures, filling them, staffing store with all department staff, setting cash desk operations, cleaning so that everything was perfect was a 50 man power task with 14/15 hr days. Helped open a few more store locations across Canada. Toronto being the last stop and where I started as Cash manger. and through the years and decisions of going to part time and eventually being full time as assistant store manager.  less
Pros
Abreast of all the current fashion, Travel and learn European cultures.
Cons
no balance of family life and work life
A fun fast paced environemnt
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 March 2016
A typical day would include replenishment of stock two or three times, serving customers with any issues they may have; this includes clothing advice, or suggesting alternatives.
Ok
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2016
ENJOYED, working with my co-workers. everyday is a different day. Management supports the employees when it comes to customers.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2016
Always busy and we are a team no matter what.
a lot of room to grow. always keep a positive mind and work hard and it will be recognized and appreciated.
What a great company
Men's Wear (sales) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2016
Zara is a wonderful company, I have been fortunate enough to be a part of a great group of people representing an amazing brand. I would recommend anyone looking to be a part of an amazing retail experience to join Zara.
cashier
Sales Assistant and then Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2016
Great edperiance worked at Zara. First I appoint as sales associate then after I appoint as Cashier there. Very ggod staff as well as all the managers there
active and fun work place
Employee (Former Employee) –  toronto eaton center17 March 2016
at zara everyone grows on you and makes you feel like family. its a positive place and very outgoing and has a lot of hard workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.