Zara Employee Reviews in Canada

Experience and lesson learned.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2014
Too much work but they will make you tough and better person personally.
Pros
15 % off in all zara items
Cons
no guaranteed hours
Amazing workplace with room to grow
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioMay 29, 2014
Working at Zara is exhilarating. All the work you do is hands on which gives you an abundant amount of experience. You are able to communicate openly with the head office team so you feel like you are part of a team. Everyone is hard working, allowing there to be always room to move up and grow in the company.
Valuable customer service skills, little room for advancement, repetitive, retail.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
As a sales associate a typical day would be providing support to customers, keeping the store tidy and pushing sales. I learned useful customer service techniques to better push sales as well as how to respond to irate customers. Management varied from helpful and personable to less than. Coworkers for the most part were great, they were helpful and after a few months working there they felt like old friends.
Hardest part of the job was the irate customers, it was often, and little flexibility and support from management.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with most customers as well as employees.
Pros
discounts, employees
Cons
some customers, little room for advancement, rigid
worst place ever
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  zara irelandApril 7, 2014
Just today I had to began for a new uniform . My trousers are ripped and my shirt missing buttons.
Pros
nobody cares if u finish your job or not
Cons
bad management, bad staff discount, worst uniform, bad salary, no weekends off, etc....
good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2014
fun, productive, on-the-go environment. Okay experience overall.
amaizing enviroment amaizing clothes and good people.
saleslady and cashierr servise (Former Employee) –  Athens, ONFebruary 24, 2014
I went to work every day dressed nicely when everything was coming to me something like buy without thinking about it at all .... I really liked communicating with customers....my manager a amaizing person with a lot of humor..I loved going to the job I had very anargy and really happy
Best Paying Retail Store Ever.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale MallFebruary 13, 2014
Opening tills for the correspondent department, supervising other cashiers, typing out and delivering memos to all departments in the store, merchandising, filing paper work, keeping counter clutter free, assorting damages of the store, responsible of sending out to seamstress small fixable damages.

Was able to learn everything regarding the retail industry, minimum banking and depositing information, improving peoples'skills, improved computer skills, inventory input, a fast cashier, fast counting for opening and closing tills.

Co-workers extremely friendly and professional.

Management varies, overall professional, do not talk to employees besides work related demands, did not co-exist with employees would never be seen talking, hanging out or eating lunch with them either, if this was the case they could possibly get in trouble by head office which is a staff that consisted of people from Spain not well informed of Canadian Law and Human Rights.
Encouragement to be tough and hard on staff was acceptable and taught by those in higher positions, wearing make up was promoted for girls, diversity among appearance for men not quite.

The long hours , closing one night and opening the day after was absolutely one of the hardest things to deal with and not being respected by those in higher positions, yelling at staff, speaking in a condescending manner , being judged by overall appearance and never acknowledging the good work and efforts just constantly hearing the bad on a daily basis. A very interesting, surreal and terrible formula to achieve the improvement of skills and
  more... motivation of the staff, which caused many people to walk out.

Learning about the latest runway trends and working around such beautiful pieces and clothes was a nice experience if you enjoy that field of customer service, great Christmas parties.
Pros
amazing pay for a retail store better as you grow within the company, amazing benefits for full time employees, guaranteed hours, always busy
Cons
lack of respect, lack of co-existence, lack of friendliness, not too flexible with availabilities, human resources best interest is for management not the general staff
learning how to not take things personally.
Fashion Merchandiser/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 27, 2013
I have learned how to be pore passionate and patient than I was before, and also how to not take this personally.
Pros
good atmosphere
variety of tasks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 7, 2013
never a dull moment at winners. There were many things to do, and a great staff team.
Not very happy working with.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2013
Messages coming from upper level were not very clear. Hard work wasn't recognised.
Pros
loved to work with other mamgers at same level.
Cons
hard work wasn't recognised
the worst company in the world
sales (Former Employee) –  CanadaDecember 6, 2012
A store and head office run by uneducated snotty middle management girls who refer to the employees as "stupid brainless people". There is no respect towards the employee, they preach about safety when the backroom is prepared for accidents (the emergency exit is blocked by boxes and trash).
Pros
nothing
Cons
no respect
Great colleagues to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Working in this company provided me with many people that I could identify with as a team. Everyone was very helpful towards each other and this made it a pleaseant place to work at.

Management at the store level was always changing and it was at times depressing when managers that you have built a bond with had to work at another location. Additionally, frequent turnovers meant that many friends that you have established were slowly going away.

This job was demanding in that it always felt that the store was understaffed, but this also brought with it a challenge that provided motivation to excel in daily operations where our results were shown to us by our managers on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis regarding our sales targets.
Pros
store wide commisions
Cons
frequent changes in personnel
L'unité des membres du personnel
Service à la clientèle et caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 15, 2016
Le personnel s'entraident les uns et les autres afin que le travail demandé soit accompli. Très bon travail d'équipe.
Long
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QCJuly 6, 2016
zara is best place I had learned so many experience based on customer service and management . I have great team at zara who can help me when I need support, as every job zara has hard side as well, as customer service; biggest point of the company .
Pros
discounts
Cons
long horus
environnement de travail très dynamique
Vendeuse/ caissière (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 25, 2016
Développe la rapidité à apprendre dans le domaine de la vente et de la mode. Promotion de poste, ce fait très facilement.
Une très bonne dynamique
Vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Pau, QCApril 25, 2016
Travail difficile physiquement (longues journées, plusieurs heures debout à faire des allers - retours à vive allure), mais une bonne ambiance, une bonne organisation, et un salaire plus que satisfaisant.
aspect le plus agréable
VENDEUSE (Former Employee) –  Bruxelles, MBOctober 9, 2015
faire la promotion des articles et la vente aux clients
aider les clients
Pros
améliorer ma communication