Zara

Zara Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Part time Job
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Milton Keynes, ENGOctober 14, 2014
Pros: central location
Worked here whilst was looking for a full time job after university.
Nice people and good place to work.
Busy at times and hard to keep tidy.
Polite with clients and fun with colleagues
SALES MAN (Former Employee), Москва, CENOctober 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches and 50% of acomidation
• Welcome customers into the store; initiate the sales process, offer them qualified advise on the available products ,recommend/demonstrate appropriate products; and promote cross selling with a view to meet the customers’ needs.
• Provide professional till point service to close the sale and offer the customers an overall enjoyable shopping experience.
• Handle customer complaints professionally and escalate any serious issues to the Manager for suitable resolution.
• Maintain an up-to-date database of customers visiting the store.
• Communicate to the customers the information on special offers/ sales promotion events.
• Merchandise goods prominently on the shop shelves & display units, replenishing stocks as often as required in conjunction with the Manager and merchandising team.
Potential to grow with the company
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee), 34th street herald sqOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great store visual, potential to grow with the company
Cons: not enough staff, overwhelming work flow
Training employees gave me the opportunity to grow with the company. I learned how to do more than I was asked to do. I always looked forward to helping with the floor set or projects with the visual team.
IT was difficult to attend to customers needs because the store got really busy most of the weekends including weekdays.
Management often scheduled less employees to close the floor at night which caused employees to leave really late with overwhelming task to complete.
The most enjoyable part of working at Zara was the creative part of the company. The clothing at zara is funky, unique, and daring which allowed me to start dressing different but comfortable.
Fun workplace different personalities
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLOctober 1, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: poor management
-Fast paced
-How to communicate with people who dont speak the same languge as I.
-Poor management
-Very cooperative
-All the restrictions
-Helping the customers
High Volume Retail Experience
Register (Former Employee), San DiegoSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: very limited scheduling flexibility
A lot of interactions with customers and knowledge in fashion know how. Great for gaining information on the latest trends and experience on customizing a retail experience for customers.
Fun and responsible
Sales Associate in Zara (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 25, 2014
My regular work day was very good,it was very important to be on time, i had very good team.My managers were strick but understandable at the same time.
Organised enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Arad, ARSeptember 19, 2014
A place where you can learn a lot of new things, i like the organised and easy sistem of logistics. Also the training provided was very good.
Fun workplace
Woman Product Leader (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2014
excellent work policies
benefits
excellent management team
Hectic and frustrating enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: no benefits
Being a sales associate isn't easy for everyone. I was considered "part time" with only 2 hours away from being full time. The pay rate wasn't enough for all that is done as a sales associate in Zara. The good thing was there were possible raises every 6 months to a year.
A typical day at work was restocking the floor, fixing merchandise up to code, greeting customers, recommending merchandise according to their wants and needs, give quality customer service.
productive
Seller (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CASeptember 12, 2014
Cons: short breaks, breaks and lunches get pushed back alot
A typical day at Zara is check into the daily look at what zone your in and then run go backs or clean up tables.
Really great work environment, with lots of various challenges and career advancements
Sales assistant (Former Employee), Melbourne, VICSeptember 10, 2014
There was a lot to be done in a normal day.
Having such high standard on their presentation of their stock maintain and replenishment was crucial.
deliveries were in very high numbers and needed to be stocked quickly and properly.
Our stockroom was in numerical order as well as style and colorised so the process of stock was quite detailed.
The most enjoyable part was the staff, they chose there staff really well and it was a very encouraging and fun environment
Productive working place
Salesperson (Former Employee), Bergamo, ItalySeptember 8, 2014
My typical day of work was to keep the shoptide and well organized.
learned how to move in the shop without disturbing customers, I was available when they needed me and I could help them looking for clothes. If I was too busy or I didn't know something, I politely told the client that it would have been better for them to ask for someone else's help, since it was my first experience.
The staff was polite, as they taught me what I had to do.
The hardest part of the job was to put clothes in the right places because customers often threw them everywhere.
What I liked the most was to help clients and give them pieces of advice.
Great Co-Workers and Friendly Environment
Stylist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 6, 2014
A typical day included customer service, styling and opening and closing the store. Some other job duties included, but not limited to:
• Developing and Maintaining Customer Relationships
• Opening and Closing Store/ Assisting Visual Team (Seasonal)
• Transfers, online purchases, and direct-to-customer shipment, tracking merchandise
Fast-paced and socialable work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 30, 2014
Pros: commission on top of pay, hour breaks, uniform provided
Cons: long shifts, non-stop work
- Most enjoyable part of the job is having a team who you can count on to help throughout the day
- I learned how to work multiple tasks at once and how to get projects done quicker.
- Co-workers were pretty decent and on the same page as you are.
- Management knew how to handle most things but sometimes there stress or the pressure they felt was reflected on how they treated or acted towards the staff
- A typical day of work would be a 6-9 hours shift. During this shift you covered several sections throughout the day most likely replenished the floor several times and did phone/stock checks several times.
- Hardest part of the job was the high traffic during closing hours. Sometimes closing procedures wont begin till 30 mins after closing because we still had to help remaining customers
key holder & sales
Key holder & sales (Former Employee), South Miami, FLAugust 22, 2014
If you breath fashion i recommend Zara. ZAra has all the latest trends of fashion. I learn a lot with in the 3 and a half years i work there. it thought me how to sale, customer service, floor planning and alot more...
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Birmingham, ENGAugust 22, 2014
Amazing work environment. It is the ideal job for students.
A good place to work.
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with were very surportive of each others day to day task.
For a few years my primary job was to replenished the floor after an item/s was sold. I did also however I also returned over stocked to there proper place in the stock room by fold labeling and changing hangers from floor to stock.
Busy bee
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAAugust 16, 2014
It gets busy, and you are constantly on your feet. It's fun, but very tiring. Management makes all the difference. I was blessed to work with an awesome manager that was very organized.
Sales assistant
Sales assistant (Current Employee), London, ENGAugust 13, 2014
Cons: long hours, differents shifts
• Providing excellent customer service to maximize sales on the sales floor and in the fitting rooms
• Managing the stockroom, replenishing the sales floor with news garments
• Working with garments - ensuring the high standards are maintained at all times
• Helping in the season sales’ preparation
• Working well in a team, supporting and assisting my colleagues
an xcellent experience..cant elaborate...
department manager (Former Employee), GurgaonAugust 12, 2014
• New Store’s Opening : Having experience about zara new store opening preparation and planing,part of zara new store opening team member, already participate in new store opening team more then eight new store in INDIA.

• Merchandise planning: Ordering the base stock required by understanding the trends, consumer demand and analysis of ranking reports. Creating retail space and stockroom management for new and non show items
 Visual Merchandising: Involved in coordination and visual merchandising according to the guidelines and identifying the ranking reports. Highlighting the theme and styles in the most attractive manner that makes shopping an experience to the customer.
 Inventory management: Locating the fast and slow moving styles so that the store area is divided and utilized carefully to get the maximum return. Rotation of the stock so that the store looks fresh and new.
 Manpower management: Understand the team and building confidence and professionalism in them through daily briefing sections, maintaining individual coaching logs, allotting key responsible areas to bring in accountability and system. Bringing in competitive spirit within the team. Inculcating and instilling the charm of making and breaking records.

About Zara

Zara is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer based in Arteixo, Galicia, and founded in 1975 by Amancio Ortega and Rosalía – Read more