ZARA Employee Reviews

cashier
Sales Assistant and then Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2016
Great edperiance worked at Zara. First I appoint as sales associate then after I appoint as Cashier there. Very ggod staff as well as all the managers there
Sales Associate/Cashier
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ON20 October 2015
Typical day at work would be assisting customers with any items, whether it be for a, friend ,loved one, child ,or even them with merchandise. I learned that working in retail requires patience and time making sure customers are happy. The hardest part of my job would be customers that are not happy with promotions or prices why not being able to buy the company's product. Most enjoyable part would be putting together a outfit that the customer really liked and purchased.
Pros
Different Shifts
Cons
Working holidays
Productive, career based environment, great people to work with.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 January 2016
Overall I would recommend Zara to anyone looking to gain good experience in the retail fashion which ever changing. Zara really keeps up with the runway and is great when it comes to staff promotion.
Management has no idea what they're doing.
Sales Associate - Yorkdale Shopping Centre (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2016
Managers forget to put half the staff on the schedule, no one ever answers the phone and just overall unprofessional. Avoid Yorkdale location!
Ok
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2016
ENJOYED, working with my co-workers. everyday is a different day. Management supports the employees when it comes to customers.
Worst place for pt/students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2016
- management has their favourites hence others are treated very poorly
- not a good place to work at if you are in school (they're not flexible with hours)
Pros
nothing
Fun coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2016
Working at Zara has been great, i love working there because my coworkers was so friendly and helpful and the company give good flexible hours.
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
rude customers
active and fun work place
Employee (Former Employee) –  toronto eaton center17 March 2016
at zara everyone grows on you and makes you feel like family. its a positive place and very outgoing and has a lot of hard workers.
Good pay but no work/life balance and poor upper management
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 October 2015
Great pay for management but not for sales associates. No family culture and very political. Too many head games and inefficiencies. No work life balance though they preach the importance of it. Barely any external support from upper management
Fun workplace energy, great co-workers but poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West vancouver,BC7 September 2015
basic day at Zara includes helping customers find clothes and give my opinion on sizes and style. I learned many things including customer service and how to be effective at sales. management ineffective at times with scheduling and relationships with employees.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Poor management
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 January 2016
The workplace can get really stressful but as long as you have a team supporting you, you'll be fine. The hours are flexible and the workers are fun to be with.
Pros
flexible hours
Working at ZARA as a Cashier and Sales Associate
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2016
A typical day at work included opening and closing cash registers, processing returns, exchanges, online orders, cash and credit discrepancies, and transfers. You would also process holds, damaged items, and alterations. You had to keep a continuous knowledge of the products and customer demands and maintain the fitting rooms. Most of all, you had to assist customers with any questions, concerns, and requests. You would have to maintain and replenish merchandise on the sales floor.
I learned that you have to be patient with customers and manage your time wisely. You have to stay calm because it can be a hectic environment sometimes. You have to really pay attention to the merchandise because it changes weekly.
The management was amazing in my opinion. They were understanding, efficient, smart, and made sure that you are being trained properly.
The co-workers were fun, young, helpful, and passionate.
The hardest part of the job is trying not to be overwhelmed in the beginning. Dealing with angry customers is also hard. You just have to grin and bear it and deal with the problem as best to your abilities.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the beautiful clothes. It made me appreciate fashion and the hard work that goes behind it. Working at Zara helped me gain confidence in my abilities and helped me realize my potential.
Fun place to work
Cashier, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2016
This company has a positive energy, great team, wonderful colleagues. Very enjoyable, paid vacation, clean environment
Pros
Free lunch, healt benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Stock Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON16 June 2015
• Good management and great work environment
• It is a very fast paced environment which helped me develop the ability to be fast paced worker.
• There were always multiple tasks which helps you test your limits
• Gives you critical skills to not only work for any retailer but also prepares you for other job opportunities outside of the fashion industry
Excellent place to work with good chance for internal promotions.
Manager / Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markville Mall, 5000 Hwy 7 East9 April 2014
•Exceeded in customer service
•Handled the cash register and balanced end of day cash
•Got promoted to manager after 3 month probation was over
•Supervised floor, verified end of day deposit and made daily zone charts
•In contact with HQ in Spain, and adjusted the store accordingly
•Made weekly schedules according to the monthly budget of hours and sales
•Prepared transfers between stores and devolution for sale products
•Handled escalated customer service issues
•Received shipment of new product and replenishment twice a week(approx. 1000 units each delivery)
•Developed high communication and time management skills
Nice working environment
CASHIER / SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 June 2015
Nice place to work. Managers make sure everyone works in harmony, resolves employee conflicts and make sure every one's on the same page. However, pay is very very low that's why it's only good for students or part timers. And downside is hours are always cut.
Pros
Perfect for students
Cons
Very low pay
Valuable customer service skills, little room for advancement, repetitive, retail.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2014
As a sales associate a typical day would be providing support to customers, keeping the store tidy and pushing sales. I learned useful customer service techniques to better push sales as well as how to respond to irate customers. Management varied from helpful and personable to less than. Coworkers for the most part were great, they were helpful and after a few months working there they felt like old friends.
Hardest part of the job was the irate customers, it was often, and little flexibility and support from management.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with most customers as well as employees.
Pros
Discounts, employees
Cons
some customers, little room for advancement, rigid
Great colleagues to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2012
Working in this company provided me with many people that I could identify with as a team. Everyone was very helpful towards each other and this made it a pleaseant place to work at.

Management at the store level was always changing and it was at times depressing when managers that you have built a bond with had to work at another location. Additionally, frequent turnovers meant that many friends that you have established were slowly going away.

This job was demanding in that it always felt that the store was understaffed, but this also brought with it a challenge that provided motivation to excel in daily operations where our results were shown to us by our managers on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis regarding our sales targets.
Pros
store wide commisions
Cons
frequent changes in personnel
amaizing enviroment amaizing clothes and good people.
saleslady and cashierr servise (Former Employee) –  Athens, ON24 February 2014
I went to work every day dressed nicely when everything was coming to me something like buy without thinking about it at all .... I really liked communicating with customers....my manager a amaizing person with a lot of humor..I loved going to the job I had very anargy and really happy
Very friendly environment.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  San Pedro Sula, Honduras18 November 2014
Assist customer come in to the store providing outstanding customer service working in a team oriented store management it was a greay experience to achieved the goals. Supervisors were friendly all the time and the policies were clear one of the nicest places to work at.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not enough hours