ZARA Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Fun and easy-going workplace
Department/Senior Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2017
I have been employed at ZARA for a few years, and there has not been a day where I've despised working there. All the employees and management generally get along - fairly good communication on a day to day basis. When an employee is unsure of a task, they are able to ask a fellow coworker for help. Shifts fly by as both a cashier and a sales associate on a busy day. We're able to talk to a wide variety of customers. Saying this, we also learn to deal with difficult customers. At the end of the day, everyone works together to get the store clean and all our tasks done.
Pros
Manageable hours, fun work environment
Cons
Difficult customers
Positive work environment with opportunities to learn
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC1 February 2017
In the few months I worked at Zara I learned a great deal about retail and made lasting relationships with my co-workers. Depending on the department (mens, womens, kids, operations) the amount of workload will vary. Working in the men's department allowed me to gain experience and knowledge about fashion without the hectic atmosphere found in the women's department.
Pros
Discount, good location, young staff
Cons
productive and fun place to work in.
Stock Boy (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 January 2017
it's always fun coming to work with people who love the job Zara. Is a educated job where you can leard how to be productive & have fun at the same time.
okay place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
i did stock and sales. Managers were cool and different. A typical day at zara would start at 7am and end at about 4pm. i learned how to prefect fold.
Good job of the summer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Salvador13 January 2017
I worked in Zara in the summer in El Salvador, it was a great opportunity to me to see how is the working environment and to gain experience and feel more comfortable with it.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
long hours bad salary
Management and job responsibilities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 January 2017
Management was unprofessional and rude at the location I worked at..However, doing the job was fun since I have a passion for fashion and I also love socializing with others. My favorite part of the job was helping and advising customers. I would tell them my recommendations and seeing them satisfied was the best.
Pros
Customer satisifaction
good job
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 January 2017
good company, many hours but it is paid poorly and the management can be a real pain in the b***. however you will make friends there that will last forever.
Horrible
Sales Associate- Part Time (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
Management was unorganized and knowledgeable of how to manage a store. Schedules would change last minute. The only good thing about Zara are the employees
Pros
great employees
Cons
disorganized
Great growth
Operations Responsible (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON23 December 2016
Growing within this company is easy if you have a good work ethic. Customer service is the #1 skill required here. Extremely fast-paced environment with constant change.
Pros
Easy to grow
Cons
Stressful
Fun workplace
Commercial responsible (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 December 2016
the management is like a family. always got to chance to merchandise dress up the mannequin. i learned alot about merchandising and reading alot of reports.
Zara is a good place to work thay protect employer and customer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Damascus7 December 2016
The work was relatively easy and did not require too much effort. I got along well with my managers and other coworkers. The commissions was done globally so there was not competition between coworkers.
Pros
1 hour
Cons
5 hours
A good environment, friendly co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 November 2016
Mostly worked as a cashier and my job was provide excellent service to all customers and make their shopping experience easy. For example, helping them find exactly what they needed and made sure they were satisfied with their shopping experience.
Zara at eaton centre
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
Felt like slavery work tbh, not enough training, they stick you anywhere they want u to be. Snobby co workers that think theyre all that for some reason? Pay is the same minimum wage so not sure why they feel superior lol. Management is tough but pretty fair and cool. Judgemental co workers as well, love to see new ones stuggle! super two faced.
Pros
Discount I guess?
Cons
closing time, snobby selfish stuck up co workers
The best job I've ever had.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2016
ZARA was an incredible experience for me. I advanced on my sales experience. I was very social, with every customer coming in, I'd be the first to greet them and help them out. The staff Zara was incredible we all loved each other, made each other laugh and looked out for each other. For example if one of my fellow employees have there hands full with clothes or a customer, I'd step in and help them out. It was a great place of work with great people. Wonderful experience.
Pros
Great place of work, wonderful staff, long hours, and very busy
Cons
Budget cuts, short hours, one 3 hour shift for every two weeks
Great work for a part time job with awesome colleagues
Brand Representative/Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Eaton center, Toronto, Ontario3 October 2016
I was working in Zara for almost 2 years as a part time job. My experience there was great as i had very nice colleagues and managers. Usually i had 8 hours shifts before or after my classes at university, or i had shifts during weekends. management was very nice and helpful during training and even after that. the most enjoyable part of my job was socializing with costumers and having co-workers at an age range close to mine.
Pros
great environment
Cons
health care, minimum wage
If you want to work somewhere that you are unappreciated, underpaid, and overlooked, Zara is the place!
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2016
Initially I thought Zara would be an exciting environment, where I could really express my fashion creativity. The reality is drab uniforms, and incredibly disorganized management. They bait you into thinking that you have a real opportunity growing with the company but it never becomes a tangible possibility. You feel like you burden your superiors when you ask them for basic employer duties, such as benefits or vacation pay, but they always take ages to get back to you. And yet they demand your hard work in return.

It's high paced retail, and therefore extremely taxing, but you are taught incomparable mental fortitude and work ethic.
Pros
Lunch break is 1 hour per every 8 hour shift
Cons
Long hours, management doesn't release schedules until 3 days before the coming week, very demanding work environment, little praise and lots of criticisms
Be ready to do everything
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 September 2016
In Zara, I learned that we had to deal with everything. Customer service, cash, inventory, cleaning. If you are a person who likes to keep busy at all times and like to push yourself further. and if you work well under pressure, this job is for you.
Pros
team is like family
Cons
stressful
Store culture
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
Sales was not a top priority at Zara, however work life balance was encouraged with the company. Salary was above average. High turnover of leadership team.
Pros
Good salary, high end fashions
Cons
On feet all day
Supportive environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2016
Great to enhance sales skills. This employment opportunity has provided me with the necessary skills to assist me in future employment. I have learned various skills.
Hard work & not that flexible!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 August 2016
The overall management of this company brings chaos to it's workers and it's customers. I enjoyed working with my small team of managers and co-workers, but overall, the company needs to step up it's game in terms of organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.