Zara Employee Reviews

Fun environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 11, 2016
Working at Zara gave me an opportunity to work on my interpersonal skills by interacting with customers at a daily basis.
What a great company
Men's Wear (sales) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Zara is a wonderful company, I have been fortunate enough to be a part of a great group of people representing an amazing brand. I would recommend anyone looking to be a part of an amazing retail experience to join Zara.
Productive, career based environment, great people to work with.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Overall I would recommend Zara to anyone looking to gain good experience in the retail fashion which ever changing. Zara really keeps up with the runway and is great when it comes to staff promotion.
I luvd it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2016
I loved working at Zara it was unlike every other retail nightmare. The managers were supportive and understanding and extremely helpful, the coworkers friendly, fun to work with. It was a great environment which promoted a well rounded routine in the workplace and provided great opportunities to learn more and advance as you see fit.
Fun workplace and great people
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  square oneMarch 11, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-worker and a positive environment, The hardest part of the job was getting there on time because I live in a different city. It would take me two hours to get there,
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
To far
A fun fast paced environemnt
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 24, 2016
A typical day would include replenishment of stock two or three times, serving customers with any issues they may have; this includes clothing advice, or suggesting alternatives.
Sales Associate/Cashier
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 20, 2015
Typical day at work would be assisting customers with any items, whether it be for a, friend ,loved one, child ,or even them with merchandise. I learned that working in retail requires patience and time making sure customers are happy. The hardest part of my job would be customers that are not happy with promotions or prices why not being able to buy the company's product. Most enjoyable part would be putting together a outfit that the customer really liked and purchased.
Pros
Different Shifts
Cons
Working holidays
active and fun work place
Employee (Former Employee) –  toronto eaton centerMarch 17, 2016
at zara everyone grows on you and makes you feel like family. its a positive place and very outgoing and has a lot of hard workers.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 20, 2016
The workplace can get really stressful but as long as you have a team supporting you, you'll be fine. The hours are flexible and the workers are fun to be with.
Pros
flexible hours
cashier
Sales Assistant and then Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2016
Great edperiance worked at Zara. First I appoint as sales associate then after I appoint as Cashier there. Very ggod staff as well as all the managers there
el clasico
Unpacking & stoking clerk (Former Employee) –  santa ana, el salvadorFebruary 16, 2016
el clasico restaurant is a very elegant restaurant where i got to have the experience of cashier and a waitress also cleaning, a very environmental place with sports, parties and dance
Pros
beaitull view of the lake
Cons
didnt like working at the weekends
Fun coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Working at Zara has been great, i love working there because my coworkers was so friendly and helpful and the company give good flexible hours.
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
rude customers
Management has no idea what they're doing.
Sales Associate - Yorkdale Shopping Centre (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Managers forget to put half the staff on the schedule, no one ever answers the phone and just overall unprofessional. Avoid Yorkdale location!
worst place ever
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  zara irelandApril 7, 2014
Just today I had to began for a new uniform . My trousers are ripped and my shirt missing buttons.
Pros
nobody cares if u finish your job or not
Cons
bad management, bad staff discount, worst uniform, bad salary, no weekends off, etc....
Valuable customer service skills, little room for advancement, repetitive, retail.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
As a sales associate a typical day would be providing support to customers, keeping the store tidy and pushing sales. I learned useful customer service techniques to better push sales as well as how to respond to irate customers. Management varied from helpful and personable to less than. Coworkers for the most part were great, they were helpful and after a few months working there they felt like old friends.
Hardest part of the job was the irate customers, it was often, and little flexibility and support from management.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with most customers as well as employees.
Pros
discounts, employees
Cons
some customers, little room for advancement, rigid
Best Paying Retail Store Ever.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale MallFebruary 13, 2014
Opening tills for the correspondent department, supervising other cashiers, typing out and delivering memos to all departments in the store, merchandising, filing paper work, keeping counter clutter free, assorting damages of the store, responsible of sending out to seamstress small fixable damages.

Was able to learn everything regarding the retail industry, minimum banking and depositing information, improving peoples'skills, improved computer skills, inventory input, a fast cashier, fast counting for opening and closing tills.

Co-workers extremely friendly and professional.

Management varies, overall professional, do not talk to employees besides work related demands, did not co-exist with employees would never be seen talking, hanging out or eating lunch with them either, if this was the case they could possibly get in trouble by head office which is a staff that consisted of people from Spain not well informed of Canadian Law and Human Rights.
Encouragement to be tough and hard on staff was acceptable and taught by those in higher positions, wearing make up was promoted for girls, diversity among appearance for men not quite.

The long hours , closing one night and opening the day after was absolutely one of the hardest things to deal with and not being respected by those in higher positions, yelling at staff, speaking in a condescending manner , being judged by overall appearance and never acknowledging the good work and efforts just constantly hearing the bad on a daily basis. A very interesting, surreal and terrible formula to achieve the improvement of skills and
  more... motivation of the staff, which caused many people to walk out.

Learning about the latest runway trends and working around such beautiful pieces and clothes was a nice experience if you enjoy that field of customer service, great Christmas parties.
Pros
amazing pay for a retail store better as you grow within the company, amazing benefits for full time employees, guaranteed hours, always busy
Cons
lack of respect, lack of co-existence, lack of friendliness, not too flexible with availabilities, human resources best interest is for management not the general staff
Nice working environment
CASHIER / SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 8, 2015
Nice place to work. Managers make sure everyone works in harmony, resolves employee conflicts and make sure every one's on the same page. However, pay is very very low that's why it's only good for students or part timers. And downside is hours are always cut.
Pros
Perfect for students
Cons
Very low pay
Great colleagues to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Working in this company provided me with many people that I could identify with as a team. Everyone was very helpful towards each other and this made it a pleaseant place to work at.

Management at the store level was always changing and it was at times depressing when managers that you have built a bond with had to work at another location. Additionally, frequent turnovers meant that many friends that you have established were slowly going away.

This job was demanding in that it always felt that the store was understaffed, but this also brought with it a challenge that provided motivation to excel in daily operations where our results were shown to us by our managers on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis regarding our sales targets.
Pros
store wide commisions
Cons
frequent changes in personnel
The place to learn more about team work.
Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Has been wonderful experience working long hours under pressure with a team that has your back and truly works as a team. with well trained managers implementing companies culture in best way possible.
Very friendly environment.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  San Pedro Sula, HondurasNovember 18, 2014
Assist customer come in to the store providing outstanding customer service working in a team oriented store management it was a greay experience to achieved the goals. Supervisors were friendly all the time and the policies were clear one of the nicest places to work at.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough hours