ZARA Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment
Specialist / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON / Ottawa ON7 July 2016
Always such a great staff to work with generally, this helped a lot as Zara usually had high traffic daily. They hire a wide variety of people from different cultures and with different lives. this made it interesting and fun as well .
Pros
opportunity
Cons
Hours/Pace
Fun workplace
St-Bruno, (Qc) (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC5 July 2016
- Offered customers with exemplary and timely service
- Merchandised, restocked and maintained Sales floor
- Assisted supervisors to identify and resolve issues in the stores
- Met and exceeded sales goals
- Recommended alternative purchase choices
- Addressed loss prevention issues immediately
Pros
Working culture
Cons
No commission
Working at ZARA as a Cashier and Sales Associate
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2016
A typical day at work included opening and closing cash registers, processing returns, exchanges, online orders, cash and credit discrepancies, and transfers. You would also process holds, damaged items, and alterations. You had to keep a continuous knowledge of the products and customer demands and maintain the fitting rooms. Most of all, you had to assist customers with any questions, concerns, and requests. You would have to maintain and replenish merchandise on the sales floor.
I learned that you have to be patient with customers and manage your time wisely. You have to stay calm because it can be a hectic environment sometimes. You have to really pay attention to the merchandise because it changes weekly.
The management was amazing in my opinion. They were understanding, efficient, smart, and made sure that you are being trained properly.
The co-workers were fun, young, helpful, and passionate.
The hardest part of the job is trying not to be overwhelmed in the beginning. Dealing with angry customers is also hard. You just have to grin and bear it and deal with the problem as best to your abilities.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the beautiful clothes. It made me appreciate fashion and the hard work that goes behind it. Working at Zara helped me gain confidence in my abilities and helped me realize my potential.
Well balanced work place with a great staff and management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC19 June 2016
Being a customer service representative had more pros then cons. Meeting new people was a thrill for me, helping clients find what they were searching for helped me to get to know them better and that in return made them come back and look for me to serve them again, which made me happy. All in all it was a great experience.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Minimum wage
fun but taxing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2016
of course, just like in any retail stores, stress is inevitable. zara is notoriously known for providing consumers fast fashion, therefore, they try their best to meet customer satisfaction. each week, you're expected to receive high units of merchandise and it can honestly be so taxing. if you're a full timer, you're most likely going to get a schedule as early as 6 a.m. or 7 a.m. to help with "truck" on shipment days. most shifts are usually 8 hours long unless you're a part timer who has a limited availability. most people would say that it's a difficult place to work at if you're a full time student, honestly, if you discuss it with your managers, there's a chance that you'll get the schedule you desire. also, if you're a hard-worker, they'll obviously respect your availability request so as long as you're reasonable. it is a taxing job, as you always have to keep moving and also your zone changes per hour. on the other hand, it's the overall team that makes it worth it to come to work. everyone's friendly, it's like you're a whole family working together. but, i guess it really depends as to which location you're working for. if you're nice, cooperative and respectful to your colleagues.. then they're obviously going to treat you the same way! it's an overall good experience, it's just the customers that makes it unbearable sometimes. it's honestly what you make of it.

also, good pay for a part time job. hrly pay+ commission
Pros
good pay, flexible, lots of growth, good coworkers, an hour long lunch break etc.
Cons
expect to deal with difficult customers, long taxing hours, the constant change of zones
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2016
My experience at Zara Inc was a life time experience. A typical day at work would be very easy to handle due to the amount of co - workers we always had on floor. I've learned that working in a team will help benefit you in many ways throughout your career.
I've also learned plenty of more things like: How to properly assist costumer inquires, and report customers complaints, How to provide customers with information in a friendly, professional manner. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with a variety of different customers in a day.
The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be working in different departments of the store.
Pros
hour break
Very different environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 June 2016
Fast paced environment- managers taught a lot about business aspect of retail.
engaged in recruitment and selection processes
hardest part were the hours and travelling over an hour and a half in snow storms to get to work for 7am
Did not enjoy this job.
Sales Associate - Department Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC1 June 2016
I found the company not very good to work for. The management was very disorganized and did not seem to know what they were doing.
Fast paced job that's super stressful but has decent benefits
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
Usually understaffed and hours frequently get cut right before your shift or during your shift. Store is usually a mess. Benefits include free uniform, 25% off discount and shared commission (usually ranging between an extra 1 or 2 dollars an hour).
Pros
25% discount card, free uniform, shared commission
Cons
not enough hours, fast paced, understaffed
Worst working experience I had.
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 May 2016
Inditex, the parent group who owns Zara, is clearly doesn't want to take responsibility and change their unethical conduct. This particular Zara is an expert in the sphere. They will look at you as some one worthy only if you do not question authority and ready to follow orders with no comments. This is the worst place I've worked at, which disregards your opinion and morals about business ethics and culture.
The typical day at the stock would include to file clothes where they belong or to get clothes on the floor from the stock. Both are hard to do, because the apparels are old, and the application on the iPod is inaccurate due to the management and employees.
Management and employees are ready to screw you up for their personal benefits, and even the human resources is not so welcoming, although they all seem to be nice at first.

BELIEVE ME, YOU WANT TO AVOID THIS PLACE.
Pros
Full-time benefits and 25% discount on clothes.
Cons
Management is inexperienced, employees too, the turnover rate is very high (4-6 people leaving and apply every 2 weeks), Very hard to follow the most simple schemes at work, because no one else is following (including management)
productive
visual commercial (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 May 2016
always on youre feet learning something new everyday. great team. must be quick and hardworking. advanced technology. learn a lot about business and marketing. management is great
Fun environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2016
Working at Zara gave me an opportunity to work on my interpersonal skills by interacting with customers at a daily basis.
peace place
Cashier-Operations (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2016
zara is best place I had learned so many experience based on customer service and management . I have great team at zara who can help me when I need support, as every job zara has hard side as well, as customer service; biggest point of the company .. Working on , and always get the result for customer to work as team , most enjoyable part of the job every day every time we get the know so many new things and u are able to get to work as multitasking . the best thing is about zara company, it helps u learn as a team and u get the way the solve the problems in case u want to handle it .
Pros
free gift card every chistmas
fun place to work in it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2016
.meeting people
.being controlled.
.Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for.
.Balancing cash registers with receipts.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2016
Very friendly environment
Management very helpful and always pushing you to do you're best
Learned to work in a fast-paced high-impact environment
Co-workers extremely friendly always willing to help and assist
Most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work among
a team of great people
Interactive, productive, cooperational, and enthausastic workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 April 2016
I was responsible for managing the sale floor, training new employees, and organizing the stockroom. My duty required responding quickly and resourcefully to customer requests or concerns. Also, meeting individual targets for the day such as: sales, emails, signing up customers to the company’s loyalty program, and accurately completing cash register transactions. Through it all, I learned professionalism, initiative, and adaptability. The hardest part of the job was management of the sales floor on a busy day. However, the most enjoyable part was creating new loyal customers.
Pros
Great team, costumers, and working environment
Cons
Hours are not flexiable
Wonderful experience overall. Great hours. Lots to learn at work though it's a retail environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2016
Part-time/ Full-time hours. Permanent job. Room to grow. Intense yet a fast-paced work environment. Lots to learn on the job.
Get a fashion trend knowledge
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2016
Friendly co-worker
good management
Flexible work shift
They get a lots of new clothes and accessries every single week
Pros
15%Off staff discount
challenging
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2016
a typical day would mean ensuring all put backs were returned to its appropriate section when store opens. making sure the store is nice and clean for customers. zara consists of so many new things to learn, whether it'd be using their advanced technologies to locate items to paying attention to the store's details. the coworkers are very friendly and energetic where work feels more like home for everyone. it is a very fast paced environment and it could get pretty stressful with the traffic on a day to day basis but it is manageable with the help of your team.
Pros
pay and commission
Inditex
Sagunda ASM (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2016
Starting with Zara from1999 in Spain was an amazing experience.
the learning /coaching was amazingly astute. Being immersed in European culture was an eye opener of many things. I started my journey in La Caruna Spain, where the company originated. visiting the factory where everything is produced from 25.90 t-shirts to 229.00 skirts. Learning to put take apart a cash register was easy... putting it back together was a completely different case as the only language our instructor spoke Spanish. needless to say we had to learn the language or be eaten. I learned enough to be able to work in the shops in La Caruna, Madrid and the Canary Islands.
The Order process differs from store to store, that was enlightening as I just thought it was automatic to receive generic orders. we learned to order based on the selling trends of each store how to staff the store based on light and heavy traffic days/ times.
The Staff were very happy to help us Canadians learn the European way of doing things including Siesta. wonderful (Canada should adopt that!!) It helped balance life and home. after Spain was London where our roles picked up a bit as we were fluent in the language...sortof. Learning to run a high street boutique was like nothing else we've done in the past. although Spain-Madrid in particular was a 'high street" but seemed so small city in regards to London! The merchandising aspect of it all was easier then I thought as HO sends you a photo of exactly what they want . use to this as all store are expected to do the same.
off to Montreal, Canada to open the Zara store in
  more... the Place Montreal Trust mall. All of what we learned from setting up fixtures, filling them, staffing store with all department staff, setting cash desk operations, cleaning so that everything was perfect was a 50 man power task with 14/15 hr days. Helped open a few more store locations across Canada. Toronto being the last stop and where I started as Cash manger. and through the years and decisions of going to part time and eventually being full time as assistant store manager.  less
Pros
Abreast of all the current fashion, Travel and learn European cultures.
Cons
no balance of family life and work life