ZARA Employee Reviews

The best job I've ever had.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2016
ZARA was an incredible experience for me. I advanced on my sales experience. I was very social, with every customer coming in, I'd be the first to greet them and help them out. The staff Zara was incredible we all loved each other, made each other laugh and looked out for each other. For example if one of my fellow employees have there hands full with clothes or a customer, I'd step in and help them out. It was a great place of work with great people. Wonderful experience.
Pros
Great place of work, wonderful staff, long hours, and very busy
Cons
Budget cuts, short hours, one 3 hour shift for every two weeks
Great work for a part time job with awesome colleagues
Brand Representative/Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Eaton center, Toronto, Ontario3 October 2016
I was working in Zara for almost 2 years as a part time job. My experience there was great as i had very nice colleagues and managers. Usually i had 8 hours shifts before or after my classes at university, or i had shifts during weekends. management was very nice and helpful during training and even after that. the most enjoyable part of my job was socializing with costumers and having co-workers at an age range close to mine.
Pros
great environment
Cons
health care, minimum wage
If you want to work somewhere that you are unappreciated, underpaid, and overlooked, Zara is the place!
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2016
Initially I thought Zara would be an exciting environment, where I could really express my fashion creativity. The reality is drab uniforms, and incredibly disorganized management. They bait you into thinking that you have a real opportunity growing with the company but it never becomes a tangible possibility. You feel like you burden your superiors when you ask them for basic employer duties, such as benefits or vacation pay, but they always take ages to get back to you. And yet they demand your hard work in return.

It's high paced retail, and therefore extremely taxing, but you are taught incomparable mental fortitude and work ethic.
Pros
Lunch break is 1 hour per every 8 hour shift
Cons
Long hours, management doesn't release schedules until 3 days before the coming week, very demanding work environment, little praise and lots of criticisms
Be ready to do everything
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 September 2016
In Zara, I learned that we had to deal with everything. Customer service, cash, inventory, cleaning. If you are a person who likes to keep busy at all times and like to push yourself further. and if you work well under pressure, this job is for you.
Pros
team is like family
Cons
stressful
Store culture
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
Sales was not a top priority at Zara, however work life balance was encouraged with the company. Salary was above average. High turnover of leadership team.
Pros
Good salary, high end fashions
Cons
On feet all day
Supportive environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2016
Great to enhance sales skills. This employment opportunity has provided me with the necessary skills to assist me in future employment. I have learned various skills.
Hard work & not that flexible!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 August 2016
The overall management of this company brings chaos to it's workers and it's customers. I enjoyed working with my small team of managers and co-workers, but overall, the company needs to step up it's game in terms of organization.
A perfect and stable part-time job for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 July 2016
Zara provided employees with great accommodations and hours to fit their lifestyle, and had tasks that brought retail to a new level, keeping the job fresh and interesting every day.
Worst place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2016
Management is the worst, they are very rude and HR is not useful. You can never complain about the manager to the HR because they don't do anything about it. So if the manager doesn't like you then you will be in trouble.
L'unité des membres du personnel
Service à la clientèle et caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 July 2016
Le personnel s'entraident les uns et les autres afin que le travail demandé soit accompli. Très bon travail d'équipe.

Want to know more about ZARA?

Ask a question
Fast paced environment
Specialist / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON / Ottawa ON7 July 2016
Always such a great staff to work with generally, this helped a lot as Zara usually had high traffic daily. They hire a wide variety of people from different cultures and with different lives. this made it interesting and fun as well .
Pros
opportunity
Cons
Hours/Pace
Long
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC6 July 2016
zara is best place I had learned so many experience based on customer service and management . I have great team at zara who can help me when I need support, as every job zara has hard side as well, as customer service; biggest point of the company .
Pros
discounts
Cons
long horus
Fun workplace
St-Bruno, (Qc) (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC5 July 2016
- Offered customers with exemplary and timely service
- Merchandised, restocked and maintained Sales floor
- Assisted supervisors to identify and resolve issues in the stores
- Met and exceeded sales goals
- Recommended alternative purchase choices
- Addressed loss prevention issues immediately
Pros
Working culture
Cons
No commission
Working at ZARA as a Cashier and Sales Associate
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2016
A typical day at work included opening and closing cash registers, processing returns, exchanges, online orders, cash and credit discrepancies, and transfers. You would also process holds, damaged items, and alterations. You had to keep a continuous knowledge of the products and customer demands and maintain the fitting rooms. Most of all, you had to assist customers with any questions, concerns, and requests. You would have to maintain and replenish merchandise on the sales floor.
I learned that you have to be patient with customers and manage your time wisely. You have to stay calm because it can be a hectic environment sometimes. You have to really pay attention to the merchandise because it changes weekly.
The management was amazing in my opinion. They were understanding, efficient, smart, and made sure that you are being trained properly.
The co-workers were fun, young, helpful, and passionate.
The hardest part of the job is trying not to be overwhelmed in the beginning. Dealing with angry customers is also hard. You just have to grin and bear it and deal with the problem as best to your abilities.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the beautiful clothes. It made me appreciate fashion and the hard work that goes behind it. Working at Zara helped me gain confidence in my abilities and helped me realize my potential.
Well balanced work place with a great staff and management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC19 June 2016
Being a customer service representative had more pros then cons. Meeting new people was a thrill for me, helping clients find what they were searching for helped me to get to know them better and that in return made them come back and look for me to serve them again, which made me happy. All in all it was a great experience.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Minimum wage
fun but taxing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2016
of course, just like in any retail stores, stress is inevitable. zara is notoriously known for providing consumers fast fashion, therefore, they try their best to meet customer satisfaction. each week, you're expected to receive high units of merchandise and it can honestly be so taxing. if you're a full timer, you're most likely going to get a schedule as early as 6 a.m. or 7 a.m. to help with "truck" on shipment days. most shifts are usually 8 hours long unless you're a part timer who has a limited availability. most people would say that it's a difficult place to work at if you're a full time student, honestly, if you discuss it with your managers, there's a chance that you'll get the schedule you desire. also, if you're a hard-worker, they'll obviously respect your availability request so as long as you're reasonable. it is a taxing job, as you always have to keep moving and also your zone changes per hour. on the other hand, it's the overall team that makes it worth it to come to work. everyone's friendly, it's like you're a whole family working together. but, i guess it really depends as to which location you're working for. if you're nice, cooperative and respectful to your colleagues.. then they're obviously going to treat you the same way! it's an overall good experience, it's just the customers that makes it unbearable sometimes. it's honestly what you make of it.

also, good pay for a part time job. hrly pay+ commission
Pros
good pay, flexible, lots of growth, good coworkers, an hour long lunch break etc.
Cons
expect to deal with difficult customers, long taxing hours, the constant change of zones
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2016
My experience at Zara Inc was a life time experience. A typical day at work would be very easy to handle due to the amount of co - workers we always had on floor. I've learned that working in a team will help benefit you in many ways throughout your career.
I've also learned plenty of more things like: How to properly assist costumer inquires, and report customers complaints, How to provide customers with information in a friendly, professional manner. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with a variety of different customers in a day.
The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be working in different departments of the store.
Pros
hour break
Very different environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 June 2016
Fast paced environment- managers taught a lot about business aspect of retail.
engaged in recruitment and selection processes
hardest part were the hours and travelling over an hour and a half in snow storms to get to work for 7am
Did not enjoy this job.
Sales Associate - Department Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC1 June 2016
I found the company not very good to work for. The management was very disorganized and did not seem to know what they were doing.
Fast paced job that's super stressful but has decent benefits
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
Usually understaffed and hours frequently get cut right before your shift or during your shift. Store is usually a mess. Benefits include free uniform, 25% off discount and shared commission (usually ranging between an extra 1 or 2 dollars an hour).
Pros
25% discount card, free uniform, shared commission
Cons
not enough hours, fast paced, understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval