Zara Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive, career based environment, great people to work with.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Overall I would recommend Zara to anyone looking to gain good experience in the retail fashion which ever changing. Zara really keeps up with the runway and is great when it comes to staff promotion.
Worst working experience I had.
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 23, 2016
Inditex, the parent group who owns Zara, is clearly doesn't want to take responsibility and change their unethical conduct. This particular Zara is an expert in the sphere. They will look at you as some one worthy only if you do not question authority and ready to follow orders with no comments. This is the worst place I've worked at, which disregards your opinion and morals about business ethics and culture.
The typical day at the stock would include to file clothes where they belong or to get clothes on the floor from the stock. Both are hard to do, because the apparels are old, and the application on the iPod is inaccurate due to the management and employees.
Management and employees are ready to screw you up for their personal benefits, and even the human resources is not so welcoming, although they all seem to be nice at first.

BELIEVE ME, YOU WANT TO AVOID THIS PLACE.
Pros
Full-time benefits and 25% discount on clothes.
Cons
Management is inexperienced, employees too, the turnover rate is very high (4-6 people leaving and apply every 2 weeks), Very hard to follow the most simple schemes at work, because no one else is following (including management)
Management has no idea what they're doing.
Sales Associate - Yorkdale Shopping Centre (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Managers forget to put half the staff on the schedule, no one ever answers the phone and just overall unprofessional. Avoid Yorkdale location!
Sales Associate/Cashier
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 20, 2015
Typical day at work would be assisting customers with any items, whether it be for a, friend ,loved one, child ,or even them with merchandise. I learned that working in retail requires patience and time making sure customers are happy. The hardest part of my job would be customers that are not happy with promotions or prices why not being able to buy the company's product. Most enjoyable part would be putting together a outfit that the customer really liked and purchased.
Pros
Different Shifts
Cons
Working holidays
Worst place for pt/students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2016
- management has their favourites hence others are treated very poorly
- not a good place to work at if you are in school (they're not flexible with hours)
Pros
nothing
Fun coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Working at Zara has been great, i love working there because my coworkers was so friendly and helpful and the company give good flexible hours.
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
rude customers
active and fun work place
Employee (Former Employee) –  toronto eaton centerMarch 17, 2016
at zara everyone grows on you and makes you feel like family. its a positive place and very outgoing and has a lot of hard workers.
Ok
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2016
ENJOYED, working with my co-workers. everyday is a different day. Management supports the employees when it comes to customers.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 20, 2016
The workplace can get really stressful but as long as you have a team supporting you, you'll be fine. The hours are flexible and the workers are fun to be with.
Pros
flexible hours
Working at ZARA as a Cashier and Sales Associate
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2016
A typical day at work included opening and closing cash registers, processing returns, exchanges, online orders, cash and credit discrepancies, and transfers. You would also process holds, damaged items, and alterations. You had to keep a continuous knowledge of the products and customer demands and maintain the fitting rooms. Most of all, you had to assist customers with any questions, concerns, and requests. You would have to maintain and replenish merchandise on the sales floor.
I learned that you have to be patient with customers and manage your time wisely. You have to stay calm because it can be a hectic environment sometimes. You have to really pay attention to the merchandise because it changes weekly.
The management was amazing in my opinion. They were understanding, efficient, smart, and made sure that you are being trained properly.
The co-workers were fun, young, helpful, and passionate.
The hardest part of the job is trying not to be overwhelmed in the beginning. Dealing with angry customers is also hard. You just have to grin and bear it and deal with the problem as best to your abilities.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the beautiful clothes. It made me appreciate fashion and the hard work that goes behind it. Working at Zara helped me gain confidence in my abilities and helped me realize my potential.
Nice working environment
CASHIER / SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 8, 2015
Nice place to work. Managers make sure everyone works in harmony, resolves employee conflicts and make sure every one's on the same page. However, pay is very very low that's why it's only good for students or part timers. And downside is hours are always cut.
Pros
Perfect for students
Cons
Very low pay
fun but taxing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 7, 2016
of course, just like in any retail stores, stress is inevitable. zara is notoriously known for providing consumers fast fashion, therefore, they try their best to meet customer satisfaction. each week, you're expected to receive high units of merchandise and it can honestly be so taxing. if you're a full timer, you're most likely going to get a schedule as early as 6 a.m. or 7 a.m. to help with "truck" on shipment days. most shifts are usually 8 hours long unless you're a part timer who has a limited availability. most people would say that it's a difficult place to work at if you're a full time student, honestly, if you discuss it with your managers, there's a chance that you'll get the schedule you desire. also, if you're a hard-worker, they'll obviously respect your availability request so as long as you're reasonable. it is a taxing job, as you always have to keep moving and also your zone changes per hour. on the other hand, it's the overall team that makes it worth it to come to work. everyone's friendly, it's like you're a whole family working together. but, i guess it really depends as to which location you're working for. if you're nice, cooperative and respectful to your colleagues.. then they're obviously going to treat you the same way! it's an overall good experience, it's just the customers that makes it unbearable sometimes. it's honestly what you make of it.

also, good pay for a part time job. hrly pay+ commission
Pros
good pay, flexible, lots of growth, good coworkers, an hour long lunch break etc.
Cons
expect to deal with difficult customers, long taxing hours, the constant change of zones
fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 9, 2015
love working with my co-worker. I work with an amazing team. My managers are very understand and flexible. I enjoyed working in fast paste environment. The hardest part of the job I would say would be deal with a vast amount of customers.
Pros
great environment
Cons
computers never worked
Stressful
Customer Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 19, 2015
Zara has very poor management. They do not care about their workers and the managers really only care about the sales and how well the stores do as a whole. The one good thing about Zara is that you have really good coworkers. A lot of time and effort is put into working at Zara but there are really no benefits. You get minimum wage plus commission, but you do not get a raise unless you have a set full time position like merchandising or specialists. Managers have the tendency to not care about you and only think about the sales and sometimes they doubt you as well. They expect a lot from us and even when we are doing the best we can, they expect more just for the company it self. There are a lot of responsibilities that you have but there are no benefits. The amount of work we are given to do is not worth the amount of pay we get. The only thing good about this company is that you get to work with the best coworkers and that is it.
Valuable customer service skills, little room for advancement, repetitive, retail.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
As a sales associate a typical day would be providing support to customers, keeping the store tidy and pushing sales. I learned useful customer service techniques to better push sales as well as how to respond to irate customers. Management varied from helpful and personable to less than. Coworkers for the most part were great, they were helpful and after a few months working there they felt like old friends.
Hardest part of the job was the irate customers, it was often, and little flexibility and support from management.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with most customers as well as employees.
Pros
discounts, employees
Cons
some customers, little room for advancement, rigid
Very friendly environment.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  San Pedro Sula, HondurasNovember 18, 2014
Assist customer come in to the store providing outstanding customer service working in a team oriented store management it was a greay experience to achieved the goals. Supervisors were friendly all the time and the policies were clear one of the nicest places to work at.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
Great colleagues to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Working in this company provided me with many people that I could identify with as a team. Everyone was very helpful towards each other and this made it a pleaseant place to work at.

Management at the store level was always changing and it was at times depressing when managers that you have built a bond with had to work at another location. Additionally, frequent turnovers meant that many friends that you have established were slowly going away.

This job was demanding in that it always felt that the store was understaffed, but this also brought with it a challenge that provided motivation to excel in daily operations where our results were shown to us by our managers on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis regarding our sales targets.
Pros
store wide commisions
Cons
frequent changes in personnel
The place to learn more about team work.
Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Has been wonderful experience working long hours under pressure with a team that has your back and truly works as a team. with well trained managers implementing companies culture in best way possible.
Great team
Caissière, signataire. (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 9, 2015
Great job for students.
Lots of hours for workers.
Everything changes very fast and often.
Lots of tasks to do in your shift.
Amazing workplace with room to grow
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioMay 29, 2014
Working at Zara is exhilarating. All the work you do is hands on which gives you an abundant amount of experience. You are able to communicate openly with the head office team so you feel like you are part of a team. Everyone is hard working, allowing there to be always room to move up and grow in the company.