Zara

Zara Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrendous is an understatement
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2014
If you like to be treated with disrespect and talked to like a 4 year old, if you like to perform 2 people's duties during any given shift getting paid minimum wage with zero recognition and appreciation, and if you like to have a manager call you 5 times a week changing your schedule on you, then Zara is the perfect place to work.
-- Extremely rude – more... and unprofessional management. They probably think minimum wage employees should only get minimum or no respect. They put you right on the spot with very little training and ask questions like "how come you're not doing this or that" like you're an idiot. One time I had to go to the washroom after 3 hours of doing stock and helping customers nonstop, the manager asked through the walkie "where are you" as if I had been missing for days, and after I informed her that I was just using the washroom real quick, she actually said "hurry and come back up here okay". Ridiculous.

-- Extremely heavy workload. They are always understaff. Of course I understand this--it's all about the bottom line. But don't blame me for not finishing the work when you just simply don't have enough manpower. Basically they expect you to know everything inside out in your second week and be able to check 250 items in stock, replenish all the items on the sales floor with perfect sizing and folding, serving 10+ demanding customers, and still do cash register in ONE HOUR. That is just humanly impossible. Oh and they never forget to make you feel incompetent when you don't complete the tasks or ask questions. "Why haven't you finished so and so yet" is asked every other hour during your shift.

-- Hazardous stockrooms. Very crowded with clothes, hangers, poles, hooks, boxes and everything in between right in your way. It's ok if it's just a stockroom, but you actually have to work heavy ladders and stools to get clothes. It becomes impossible to maneuver the tools at times. It's a huge accident waiting to happen.

-- Completely incompetent managers. Other than being rude and unprofessional, they also can't figure out something basic like scheduling. Your shifts change all the time, which is ok, I understand, it's retail, it's to be expected. But when they cancel your morning shift (meaning it's erased on the hand written schedule sheet) the day before, and call you at 7:05 the next morning asking "how come you're not at work", that's just not acceptable. Apparently, the managers haven't figured out a way to communicate with each other. They also miscounted my hours worked. I was underpaid by 8 hours during one pay period! Thank god I logged all my hours and checked my paycheque thoroughly. I didn't sign up to volunteer, definitely not for a place like this.

The list can go on and on, and mind you, I was there only for 3 weeks. Those unpleasant incidents all happened in just 3 weeks, part time! I refused to take such treatment, not for $10.50/HR. NO. I'm still kicking myself for not having quit sooner. 3 weeks is too long in such abusive work environment.
If you can find another minimum wage job, RUN! – less
Experience and lesson learned.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2014
Pros: 15 % off in all zara items
Cons: no guaranteed hours
Too much work but they will make you tough and better person personally.
Amazing workplace with room to grow
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioMay 29, 2014
Working at Zara is exhilarating. All the work you do is hands on which gives you an abundant amount of experience. You are able to communicate openly with the head office team so you feel like you are part of a team. Everyone is hard working, allowing there to be always room to move up and grow in the company.
Valuable customer service skills, little room for advancement, repetitive, retail.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: discounts, employees
Cons: some customers, little room for advancement, rigid
As a sales associate a typical day would be providing support to customers, keeping the store tidy and pushing sales. I learned useful customer service techniques to better push sales as well as how to respond to irate customers. Management varied from helpful and personable to less than. Coworkers for the most part were great, they were helpful and – more... after a few months working there they felt like old friends.
Hardest part of the job was the irate customers, it was often, and little flexibility and support from management.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with most customers as well as employees. – less
worst place ever
sales assistant (Former Employee), zara irelandApril 7, 2014
Pros: nobody cares if u finish your job or not
Cons: bad management, bad staff discount, worst uniform, bad salary, no weekends off, etc....
Just today I had to began for a new uniform . My trousers are ripped and my shirt missing buttons.
good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2014
fun, productive, on-the-go environment. Okay experience overall.
amaizing enviroment amaizing clothes and good people.
saleslady and cashierr servise (Former Employee), Athens, ONFebruary 24, 2014
I went to work every day dressed nicely when everything was coming to me something like buy without thinking about it at all .... I really liked communicating with customers....my manager a amaizing person with a lot of humor..I loved going to the job I had very anargy and really happy
learning how to not take things personally.
Fashion Merchandiser/Salesperson (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 27, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere
I have learned how to be pore passionate and patient than I was before, and also how to not take this personally.
Not very happy working with.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: loved to work with other mamgers at same level.
Cons: hard work wasn't recognised
Messages coming from upper level were not very clear. Hard work wasn't recognised.
the worst company in the world
sales (Former Employee), CanadaDecember 6, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: no respect
A store and head office run by uneducated snotty middle management girls who refer to the employees as "stupid brainless people". There is no respect towards the employee, they preach about safety when the backroom is prepared for accidents (the emergency exit is blocked by boxes and trash).

January 9, 2013

They pay min wage, and want you work like they pay a max wage. They treat you like a child and management are snotty. I have heard management call employees idiots behind their backs and cutomers stupid at several stores I worked at, so I guess it comes from the top management, because it's the same everywhere you go. The turn over there is greater than any other retail store I have ever worked at and I have worked for a few. They don't give you hours, so some times you find yourself going to other stores, where emplyees quit.

Great colleagues to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: store wide commisions
Cons: frequent changes in personnel
Working in this company provided me with many people that I could identify with as a team. Everyone was very helpful towards each other and this made it a pleaseant place to work at.

Management at the store level was always changing and it was at times depressing when managers that you have built a bond with had to work at another location. Additionally, – more... frequent turnovers meant that many friends that you have established were slowly going away.

This job was demanding in that it always felt that the store was understaffed, but this also brought with it a challenge that provided motivation to excel in daily operations where our results were shown to us by our managers on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis regarding our sales targets. – less
key holder & sales
Key holder & sales (Former Employee), South Miami, FLAugust 22, 2014
If you breath fashion i recommend Zara. ZAra has all the latest trends of fashion. I learn a lot with in the 3 and a half years i work there. it thought me how to sale, customer service, floor planning and alot more...
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Birmingham, ENGAugust 22, 2014
Amazing work environment. It is the ideal job for students.
A good place to work.
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with were very surportive of each others day to day task.
For a few years my primary job was to replenished the floor after an item/s was sold. I did also however I also returned over stocked to there proper place in the stock room by fold labeling and changing hangers from floor to stock.
Busy bee
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAAugust 16, 2014
It gets busy, and you are constantly on your feet. It's fun, but very tiring. Management makes all the difference. I was blessed to work with an awesome manager that was very organized.
Sales assistant
Sales assistant (Current Employee), London, ENGAugust 13, 2014
Cons: long hours, differents shifts
• Providing excellent customer service to maximize sales on the sales floor and in the fitting rooms
• Managing the stockroom, replenishing the sales floor with news garments
• Working with garments - ensuring the high standards are maintained at all times
• Helping in the season sales’ preparation
• Working well in a team, supporting and assisting – more... my colleagues – less
an xcellent experience..cant elaborate...
department manager (Former Employee), GurgaonAugust 12, 2014
• New Store’s Opening : Having experience about zara new store opening preparation and planing,part of zara new store opening team member, already participate in new store opening team more then eight new store in INDIA.

• Merchandise planning: Ordering the base stock required by understanding the trends, consumer demand and analysis of ranking reports. – more... Creating retail space and stockroom management for new and non show items
 Visual Merchandising: Involved in coordination and visual merchandising according to the guidelines and identifying the ranking reports. Highlighting the theme and styles in the most attractive manner that makes shopping an experience to the customer.
 Inventory management: Locating the fast and slow moving styles so that the store area is divided and utilized carefully to get the maximum return. Rotation of the stock so that the store looks fresh and new.
 Manpower management: Understand the team and building confidence and professionalism in them through daily briefing sections, maintaining individual coaching logs, allotting key responsible areas to bring in accountability and system. Bringing in competitive spirit within the team. Inculcating and instilling the charm of making and breaking records. – less
Retail
Sales Associate/Retail (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 9, 2014
The company is sophisticated and they pay well compared to other retail companies. It is easy to move up, as long as the individual is hardworking. As an associate, I've been trained in visual and as a supervisor.
Fun and productive!
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2014
Zara is a fun and productiove place to work. You're always busy helping clientele with wardrobe choices. Even as as a cashier youre allowed to cross-train by assisting clients on the sales floor.
productive and fun workplace
shop floor worker (Former Employee), London / Gatwick Airport, ENGAugust 5, 2014
Pros: team skills and fun workplace
Cons: long hours
great workplace, first job, foot in the doorstep to working lfe, interchangeable retail skill& people skills

1 2 3 4 5

About Zara

Zara is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer based in Arteixo, Galicia, and founded in 1975 by Amancio Ortega and Rosalía – Read more