Zara

Zara Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrendous is an understatement
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2014
If you like to be treated with disrespect and talked to like a 4 year old, if you like to perform 2 people's duties during any given shift getting paid minimum wage with zero recognition and appreciation, and if you like to have a manager call you 5 times a week changing your schedule on you, then Zara is the perfect place to work.
-- Extremely rude – more... and unprofessional management. They probably think minimum wage employees should only get minimum or no respect. They put you right on the spot with very little training and ask questions like "how come you're not doing this or that" like you're an idiot. One time I had to go to the washroom after 3 hours of doing stock and helping customers nonstop, the manager asked through the walkie "where are you" as if I had been missing for days, and after I informed her that I was just using the washroom real quick, she actually said "hurry and come back up here okay". Ridiculous.

-- Extremely heavy workload. They are always understaff. Of course I understand this--it's all about the bottom line. But don't blame me for not finishing the work when you just simply don't have enough manpower. Basically they expect you to know everything inside out in your second week and be able to check 250 items in stock, replenish all the items on the sales floor with perfect sizing and folding, serving 10+ demanding customers, and still do cash register in ONE HOUR. That is just humanly impossible. Oh and they never forget to make you feel incompetent when you don't complete the tasks or ask questions. "Why haven't you finished so and so yet" is asked every other hour during your shift.

-- Hazardous stockrooms. Very crowded with clothes, hangers, poles, hooks, boxes and everything in between right in your way. It's ok if it's just a stockroom, but you actually have to work heavy ladders and stools to get clothes. It becomes impossible to maneuver the tools at times. It's a huge accident waiting to happen.

-- Completely incompetent managers. Other than being rude and unprofessional, they also can't figure out something basic like scheduling. Your shifts change all the time, which is ok, I understand, it's retail, it's to be expected. But when they cancel your morning shift (meaning it's erased on the hand written schedule sheet) the day before, and call you at 7:05 the next morning asking "how come you're not at work", that's just not acceptable. Apparently, the managers haven't figured out a way to communicate with each other. They also miscounted my hours worked. I was underpaid by 8 hours during one pay period! Thank god I logged all my hours and checked my paycheque thoroughly. I didn't sign up to volunteer, definitely not for a place like this.

The list can go on and on, and mind you, I was there only for 3 weeks. Those unpleasant incidents all happened in just 3 weeks, part time! I refused to take such treatment, not for $10.50/HR. NO. I'm still kicking myself for not having quit sooner. 3 weeks is too long in such abusive work environment.
If you can find another minimum wage job, RUN! – less
Experience and lesson learned.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2014
Pros: 15 % off in all zara items
Cons: no guaranteed hours
Too much work but they will make you tough and better person personally.
Amazing workplace with room to grow
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioMay 29, 2014
Working at Zara is exhilarating. All the work you do is hands on which gives you an abundant amount of experience. You are able to communicate openly with the head office team so you feel like you are part of a team. Everyone is hard working, allowing there to be always room to move up and grow in the company.
worst place ever
sales assistant (Former Employee), zara irelandApril 7, 2014
Pros: nobody cares if u finish your job or not
Cons: bad management, bad staff discount, worst uniform, bad salary, no weekends off, etc....
Just today I had to began for a new uniform . My trousers are ripped and my shirt missing buttons.
good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2014
fun, productive, on-the-go environment. Okay experience overall.
amaizing enviroment amaizing clothes and good people.
saleslady and cashierr servise (Former Employee), Athens, ONFebruary 24, 2014
I went to work every day dressed nicely when everything was coming to me something like buy without thinking about it at all .... I really liked communicating with customers....my manager a amaizing person with a lot of humor..I loved going to the job I had very anargy and really happy
Best Paying Retail Store Ever.
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Yorkdale MallFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: amazing pay for a retail store better as you grow within the company, amazing benefits for full time employees, guaranteed hours, always busy
Cons: lack of respect, lack of co-existence, lack of friendliness, not too flexible with availabilities, human resources best interest is for management not the general staff
Opening tills for the correspondent department, supervising other cashiers, typing out and delivering memos to all departments in the store, merchandising, filing paper work, keeping counter clutter free, assorting damages of the store, responsible of sending out to seamstress small fixable damages.

Was able to learn everything regarding the retail – more... industry, minimum banking and depositing information, improving peoples'skills, improved computer skills, inventory input, a fast cashier, fast counting for opening and closing tills.

Co-workers extremely friendly and professional.

Management varies, overall professional, do not talk to employees besides work related demands, did not co-exist with employees would never be seen talking, hanging out or eating lunch with them either, if this was the case they could possibly get in trouble by head office which is a staff that consisted of people from Spain not well informed of Canadian Law and Human Rights.
Encouragement to be tough and hard on staff was acceptable and taught by those in higher positions, wearing make up was promoted for girls, diversity among appearance for men not quite.

The long hours , closing one night and opening the day after was absolutely one of the hardest things to deal with and not being respected by those in higher positions, yelling at staff, speaking in a condescending manner , being judged by overall appearance and never acknowledging the good work and efforts just constantly hearing the bad on a daily basis. A very interesting, surreal and terrible formula to achieve the improvement of skills and motivation of the staff, which caused many people to walk out.

Learning about the latest runway trends and working around such beautiful pieces and clothes was a nice experience if you enjoy that field of customer service, great Christmas parties. – less
learning how to not take things personally.
Fashion Merchandiser/Salesperson (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 27, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere
I have learned how to be pore passionate and patient than I was before, and also how to not take this personally.
variety of tasks
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2013
never a dull moment at winners. There were many things to do, and a great staff team.
Not very happy working with.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: loved to work with other mamgers at same level.
Cons: hard work wasn't recognised
Messages coming from upper level were not very clear. Hard work wasn't recognised.
the worst company in the world
sales (Former Employee), CanadaDecember 6, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: no respect
A store and head office run by uneducated snotty middle management girls who refer to the employees as "stupid brainless people". There is no respect towards the employee, they preach about safety when the backroom is prepared for accidents (the emergency exit is blocked by boxes and trash).

January 9, 2013

They pay min wage, and want you work like they pay a max wage. They treat you like a child and management are snotty. I have heard management call employees idiots behind their backs and cutomers stupid at several stores I worked at, so I guess it comes from the top management, because it's the same everywhere you go. The turn over there is greater than any other retail store I have ever worked at and I have worked for a few. They don't give you hours, so some times you find yourself going to other stores, where emplyees quit.

Great colleagues to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: store wide commisions
Cons: frequent changes in personnel
Working in this company provided me with many people that I could identify with as a team. Everyone was very helpful towards each other and this made it a pleaseant place to work at.

Management at the store level was always changing and it was at times depressing when managers that you have built a bond with had to work at another location. Additionally, – more... frequent turnovers meant that many friends that you have established were slowly going away.

This job was demanding in that it always felt that the store was understaffed, but this also brought with it a challenge that provided motivation to excel in daily operations where our results were shown to us by our managers on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis regarding our sales targets. – less
Organised enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Arad, ARSeptember 19, 2014
A place where you can learn a lot of new things, i like the organised and easy sistem of logistics. Also the training provided was very good.
Fun workplace
Woman Product Leader (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2014
excellent work policies
benefits
excellent management team
Hectic and frustrating enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: no benefits
Being a sales associate isn't easy for everyone. I was considered "part time" with only 2 hours away from being full time. The pay rate wasn't enough for all that is done as a sales associate in Zara. The good thing was there were possible raises every 6 months to a year.
A typical day at work was restocking the floor, fixing merchandise up to code, – more... greeting customers, recommending merchandise according to their wants and needs, give quality customer service. – less
productive
Seller (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CASeptember 12, 2014
Cons: short breaks, breaks and lunches get pushed back alot
A typical day at Zara is check into the daily look at what zone your in and then run go backs or clean up tables.
Really great work environment, with lots of various challenges and career advancements
Sales assistant (Former Employee), Melbourne, VICSeptember 10, 2014
There was a lot to be done in a normal day.
Having such high standard on their presentation of their stock maintain and replenishment was crucial.
deliveries were in very high numbers and needed to be stocked quickly and properly.
Our stockroom was in numerical order as well as style and colorised so the process of stock was quite detailed.
The most – more... enjoyable part was the staff, they chose there staff really well and it was a very encouraging and fun environment – less
Productive working place
Salesperson (Former Employee), Bergamo, ItalySeptember 8, 2014
My typical day of work was to keep the shoptide and well organized.
learned how to move in the shop without disturbing customers, I was available when they needed me and I could help them looking for clothes. If I was too busy or I didn't know something, I politely told the client that it would have been better for them to ask for someone else's help, – more... since it was my first experience.
The staff was polite, as they taught me what I had to do.
The hardest part of the job was to put clothes in the right places because customers often threw them everywhere.
What I liked the most was to help clients and give them pieces of advice. – less
Great Co-Workers and Friendly Environment
Stylist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 6, 2014
A typical day included customer service, styling and opening and closing the store. Some other job duties included, but not limited to:
• Developing and Maintaining Customer Relationships
• Opening and Closing Store/ Assisting Visual Team (Seasonal)
• Transfers, online purchases, and direct-to-customer shipment, tracking merchandise
Fast-paced and socialable work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 30, 2014
Pros: commission on top of pay, hour breaks, uniform provided
Cons: long shifts, non-stop work
- Most enjoyable part of the job is having a team who you can count on to help throughout the day
- I learned how to work multiple tasks at once and how to get projects done quicker.
- Co-workers were pretty decent and on the same page as you are.
- Management knew how to handle most things but sometimes there stress or the pressure they felt was reflected – more... on how they treated or acted towards the staff
- A typical day of work would be a 6-9 hours shift. During this shift you covered several sections throughout the day most likely replenished the floor several times and did phone/stock checks several times.
- Hardest part of the job was the high traffic during closing hours. Sometimes closing procedures wont begin till 30 mins after closing because we still had to help remaining customers – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Zara

Zara is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer based in Arteixo, Galicia, and founded in 1975 by Amancio Ortega and Rosalía – Read more