Zara

Zara Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Experience and lesson learned.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2014
Pros: 15 % off in all zara items
Cons: no guaranteed hours
Too much work but they will make you tough and better person personally.
Amazing workplace with room to grow
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioMay 29, 2014
Working at Zara is exhilarating. All the work you do is hands on which gives you an abundant amount of experience. You are able to communicate openly with the head office team so you feel like you are part of a team. Everyone is hard working, allowing there to be always room to move up and grow in the company.
Valuable customer service skills, little room for advancement, repetitive, retail.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: discounts, employees
Cons: some customers, little room for advancement, rigid
As a sales associate a typical day would be providing support to customers, keeping the store tidy and pushing sales. I learned useful customer service techniques to better push sales as well as how to respond to irate customers. Management varied from helpful and personable to less than. Coworkers for the most part were great, they were helpful and – more... after a few months working there they felt like old friends.
Hardest part of the job was the irate customers, it was often, and little flexibility and support from management.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with most customers as well as employees. – less
worst place ever
sales assistant (Former Employee), zara irelandApril 7, 2014
Pros: nobody cares if u finish your job or not
Cons: bad management, bad staff discount, worst uniform, bad salary, no weekends off, etc....
Just today I had to began for a new uniform . My trousers are ripped and my shirt missing buttons.
good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2014
fun, productive, on-the-go environment. Okay experience overall.
amaizing enviroment amaizing clothes and good people.
saleslady and cashierr servise (Former Employee), Athens, ONFebruary 24, 2014
I went to work every day dressed nicely when everything was coming to me something like buy without thinking about it at all .... I really liked communicating with customers....my manager a amaizing person with a lot of humor..I loved going to the job I had very anargy and really happy
Best Paying Retail Store Ever.
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Yorkdale MallFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: amazing pay for a retail store better as you grow within the company, amazing benefits for full time employees, guaranteed hours, always busy
Cons: lack of respect, lack of co-existence, lack of friendliness, not too flexible with availabilities, human resources best interest is for management not the general staff
Opening tills for the correspondent department, supervising other cashiers, typing out and delivering memos to all departments in the store, merchandising, filing paper work, keeping counter clutter free, assorting damages of the store, responsible of sending out to seamstress small fixable damages.

Was able to learn everything regarding the retail – more... industry, minimum banking and depositing information, improving peoples'skills, improved computer skills, inventory input, a fast cashier, fast counting for opening and closing tills.

Co-workers extremely friendly and professional.

Management varies, overall professional, do not talk to employees besides work related demands, did not co-exist with employees would never be seen talking, hanging out or eating lunch with them either, if this was the case they could possibly get in trouble by head office which is a staff that consisted of people from Spain not well informed of Canadian Law and Human Rights.
Encouragement to be tough and hard on staff was acceptable and taught by those in higher positions, wearing make up was promoted for girls, diversity among appearance for men not quite.

The long hours , closing one night and opening the day after was absolutely one of the hardest things to deal with and not being respected by those in higher positions, yelling at staff, speaking in a condescending manner , being judged by overall appearance and never acknowledging the good work and efforts just constantly hearing the bad on a daily basis. A very interesting, surreal and terrible formula to achieve the improvement of skills and motivation of the staff, which caused many people to walk out.

Learning about the latest runway trends and working around such beautiful pieces and clothes was a nice experience if you enjoy that field of customer service, great Christmas parties. – less
learning how to not take things personally.
Fashion Merchandiser/Salesperson (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 27, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere
I have learned how to be pore passionate and patient than I was before, and also how to not take this personally.
variety of tasks
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2013
never a dull moment at winners. There were many things to do, and a great staff team.
Not very happy working with.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: loved to work with other mamgers at same level.
Cons: hard work wasn't recognised
Messages coming from upper level were not very clear. Hard work wasn't recognised.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Person (Former Employee), tehranSeptember 12, 2012
working with customer, I learned how to deal with different types of customer.managing time and skills. being fast and quick in responding to customers. providing necessary information they need in order to serve them better
Great colleagues to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: store wide commisions
Cons: frequent changes in personnel
Working in this company provided me with many people that I could identify with as a team. Everyone was very helpful towards each other and this made it a pleaseant place to work at.

Management at the store level was always changing and it was at times depressing when managers that you have built a bond with had to work at another location. Additionally, – more... frequent turnovers meant that many friends that you have established were slowly going away.

This job was demanding in that it always felt that the store was understaffed, but this also brought with it a challenge that provided motivation to excel in daily operations where our results were shown to us by our managers on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis regarding our sales targets. – less
While worked at ZARA,I learn a lot
Sales Associates (Former Employee), Dubai, DUAugust 9, 2012
I worked as sales associates in ZARA mall of the
emirates, DUBAI (2004 till 2009) Azadea group llc Dubai. Total 5 1/2 years of experience in ZARA Stores.

- Over five and off years of retail management experience

- Ability to effectively hire, train, and manage staff

- Scheduling, reports, and inventory

- Extensive work with visual standards and – more... merchandising, I have excellent communication skills. I always maintain a gracious and professional manner when communicating with people, including customers and store staff. My broad experience and range of skills make me a superior candidate for this position – less
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), KielceJuly 11, 2014
A lot things to do at once, comunication with customer on first place
fun workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), ENGJuly 3, 2014
Pros: discount on products
Cons: long hours
A typical day is very busy especially on the weekends, I learned very good customer service skills however the co-workers can be critical.The hardest part of the job is having to pick up after customers and the most enjoyable part is working along side clothes.
Not a good work environment
sales associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2014
The corporate people don't care about their associates. They are not approachable at all.
Great management in Kids, loved going to work!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edison, NJJune 26, 2014
Assisted customers daily, maintained a section of the store, stoked and re-stocked merchandise. Had the best co-workers and managers.
Room for growth
Product Leader/Former Keyholder (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 24, 2014
Zara has been a great experience, I've learned from my managers and co-workers and continue to learn. There's so many things to do that one is always running around and the time flies by. As a manger, it was a great feeling to see yourself getting more and more comfortable and better at running a store, let alone a store on 5th ave. The team I had the – more... pleasure to work with were very quick to complete each and every task. As a product leader, the attention to detail in product and rotation and sales gave me the confidence to become better at what I do. Overall, this is a great company and amazing experience in which I learned many things. – less
Will educate you on the fashion world.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 24, 2014
If you are looking to learn about high fashion, Zara will teach you everything. Zara is a european company that developed into a fast fashion empire that always produce new merchandise weekly. The management will allow you to grow with the company if you are willing and capable of that growth.
Productive & fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), MarrakechJune 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Being a part of ZARA Work Group is like working with your familly, every one cares about you , respect you ...

1 2 3 4 5

About Zara

Zara is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer based in Arteixo, Galicia, and founded in 1975 by Amancio Ortega and Rosalía – Read more