ZARA Employee Review

Best Paying Retail Store Ever.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale Mall13 February 2014
Opening tills for the correspondent department, supervising other cashiers, typing out and delivering memos to all departments in the store, merchandising, filing paper work, keeping counter clutter free, assorting damages of the store, responsible of sending out to seamstress small fixable damages.

Was able to learn everything regarding the retail industry, minimum banking and depositing information, improving peoples'skills, improved computer skills, inventory input, a fast cashier, fast counting for opening and closing tills.

Co-workers extremely friendly and professional.

Management varies, overall professional, do not talk to employees besides work related demands, did not co-exist with employees would never be seen talking, hanging out or eating lunch with them either, if this was the case they could possibly get in trouble by head office which is a staff that consisted of people from Spain not well informed of Canadian Law and Human Rights.
Encouragement to be tough and hard on staff was acceptable and taught by those in higher positions, wearing make up was promoted for girls, diversity among appearance for men not quite.

The long hours , closing one night and opening the day after was absolutely one of the hardest things to deal with and not being respected by those in higher positions, yelling at staff, speaking in a condescending manner , being judged by overall appearance and never acknowledging the good work and efforts just constantly hearing the bad on a daily basis. A very interesting, surreal and terrible formula to achieve the improvement of skills
  more... and motivation of the staff, which caused many people to walk out.

Learning about the latest runway trends and working around such beautiful pieces and clothes was a nice experience if you enjoy that field of customer service, great Christmas parties.
Pros
Amazing pay for a retail store better as you grow within the company, amazing benefits for full time employees, guaranteed hours, always busy
Cons
Lack of respect, lack of co-existence, lack of friendliness, not too flexible with availabilities, human resources best interest is for management not the general staff

Other ZARA Employee Reviews

hard job
Cashier-Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 December 2017
hard job base on the wage doesnt even worth it. always busy and never have support plus long hours .never able to do customer service because always have job to finish
Pros
discount
Cons
hard job paying less
A Good Retail Learning Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 December 2017
I learned a lot about being in the retail industry and it gave me a different experience outside of my usual "Tim Hortons" atmosphere. I learned a lot about myself in the short six months I was there. The hardest part about working at Zara was definitely learning to shy away from drama of other co workers and be professional. I really enjoyed being part of the team though, all in all because at the end of the day, it was nice to be able to have a good job where you know what you're doing. I found it easy to catch on to the expectations, which made my job enjoyable. I was confident while working there as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.