Zara

Zara Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrendous is an understatement
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2014
If you like to be treated with disrespect and talked to like a 4 year old, if you like to perform 2 people's duties during any given shift getting paid minimum wage with zero recognition and appreciation, and if you like to have a manager call you 5 times a week changing your schedule on you, then Zara is the perfect place to work.
-- Extremely rude – more... and unprofessional management. They probably think minimum wage employees should only get minimum or no respect. They put you right on the spot with very little training and ask questions like "how come you're not doing this or that" like you're an idiot. One time I had to go to the washroom after 3 hours of doing stock and helping customers nonstop, the manager asked through the walkie "where are you" as if I had been missing for days, and after I informed her that I was just using the washroom real quick, she actually said "hurry and come back up here okay". Ridiculous.

-- Extremely heavy workload. They are always understaff. Of course I understand this--it's all about the bottom line. But don't blame me for not finishing the work when you just simply don't have enough manpower. Basically they expect you to know everything inside out in your second week and be able to check 250 items in stock, replenish all the items on the sales floor with perfect sizing and folding, serving 10+ demanding customers, and still do cash register in ONE HOUR. That is just humanly impossible. Oh and they never forget to make you feel incompetent when you don't complete the tasks or ask questions. "Why haven't you finished so and so yet" is asked every other hour during your shift.

-- Hazardous stockrooms. Very crowded with clothes, hangers, poles, hooks, boxes and everything in between right in your way. It's ok if it's just a stockroom, but you actually have to work heavy ladders and stools to get clothes. It becomes impossible to maneuver the tools at times. It's a huge accident waiting to happen.

-- Completely incompetent managers. Other than being rude and unprofessional, they also can't figure out something basic like scheduling. Your shifts change all the time, which is ok, I understand, it's retail, it's to be expected. But when they cancel your morning shift (meaning it's erased on the hand written schedule sheet) the day before, and call you at 7:05 the next morning asking "how come you're not at work", that's just not acceptable. Apparently, the managers haven't figured out a way to communicate with each other. They also miscounted my hours worked. I was underpaid by 8 hours during one pay period! Thank god I logged all my hours and checked my paycheque thoroughly. I didn't sign up to volunteer, definitely not for a place like this.

The list can go on and on, and mind you, I was there only for 3 weeks. Those unpleasant incidents all happened in just 3 weeks, part time! I refused to take such treatment, not for $10.50/HR. NO. I'm still kicking myself for not having quit sooner. 3 weeks is too long in such abusive work environment.
If you can find another minimum wage job, RUN! – less
Experience and lesson learned.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2014
Pros: 15 % off in all zara items
Cons: no guaranteed hours
Too much work but they will make you tough and better person personally.
Amazing workplace with room to grow
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioMay 29, 2014
Working at Zara is exhilarating. All the work you do is hands on which gives you an abundant amount of experience. You are able to communicate openly with the head office team so you feel like you are part of a team. Everyone is hard working, allowing there to be always room to move up and grow in the company.
Valuable customer service skills, little room for advancement, repetitive, retail.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: discounts, employees
Cons: some customers, little room for advancement, rigid
As a sales associate a typical day would be providing support to customers, keeping the store tidy and pushing sales. I learned useful customer service techniques to better push sales as well as how to respond to irate customers. Management varied from helpful and personable to less than. Coworkers for the most part were great, they were helpful and – more... after a few months working there they felt like old friends.
Hardest part of the job was the irate customers, it was often, and little flexibility and support from management.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with most customers as well as employees. – less
worst place ever
sales assistant (Former Employee), zara irelandApril 7, 2014
Pros: nobody cares if u finish your job or not
Cons: bad management, bad staff discount, worst uniform, bad salary, no weekends off, etc....
Just today I had to began for a new uniform . My trousers are ripped and my shirt missing buttons.
good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2014
fun, productive, on-the-go environment. Okay experience overall.
amaizing enviroment amaizing clothes and good people.
saleslady and cashierr servise (Former Employee), Athens, ONFebruary 24, 2014
I went to work every day dressed nicely when everything was coming to me something like buy without thinking about it at all .... I really liked communicating with customers....my manager a amaizing person with a lot of humor..I loved going to the job I had very anargy and really happy
learning how to not take things personally.
Fashion Merchandiser/Salesperson (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 27, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere
I have learned how to be pore passionate and patient than I was before, and also how to not take this personally.
variety of tasks
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2013
never a dull moment at winners. There were many things to do, and a great staff team.
Not very happy working with.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: loved to work with other mamgers at same level.
Cons: hard work wasn't recognised
Messages coming from upper level were not very clear. Hard work wasn't recognised.
the worst company in the world
sales (Former Employee), CanadaDecember 6, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: no respect
A store and head office run by uneducated snotty middle management girls who refer to the employees as "stupid brainless people". There is no respect towards the employee, they preach about safety when the backroom is prepared for accidents (the emergency exit is blocked by boxes and trash).

January 9, 2013

They pay min wage, and want you work like they pay a max wage. They treat you like a child and management are snotty. I have heard management call employees idiots behind their backs and cutomers stupid at several stores I worked at, so I guess it comes from the top management, because it's the same everywhere you go. The turn over there is greater than any other retail store I have ever worked at and I have worked for a few. They don't give you hours, so some times you find yourself going to other stores, where emplyees quit.

Great colleagues to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: store wide commisions
Cons: frequent changes in personnel
Working in this company provided me with many people that I could identify with as a team. Everyone was very helpful towards each other and this made it a pleaseant place to work at.

Management at the store level was always changing and it was at times depressing when managers that you have built a bond with had to work at another location. Additionally, – more... frequent turnovers meant that many friends that you have established were slowly going away.

This job was demanding in that it always felt that the store was understaffed, but this also brought with it a challenge that provided motivation to excel in daily operations where our results were shown to us by our managers on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis regarding our sales targets. – less
the most important job
Sales assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 14, 2014
Pros: amazing environment
Cons: busy sometimes cause it was near harrods
I learnt how work independently and a part of a team. I had a lot of responsabilities but I was happy anyway. I really liked my work.
Fun Part time Job
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Milton Keynes, ENGOctober 14, 2014
Pros: central location
Worked here whilst was looking for a full time job after university.
Nice people and good place to work.
Busy at times and hard to keep tidy.
Polite with clients and fun with colleagues
SALES MAN (Former Employee), Москва, CENOctober 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches and 50% of acomidation
• Welcome customers into the store; initiate the sales process, offer them qualified advise on the available products ,recommend/demonstrate appropriate products; and promote cross selling with a view to meet the customers’ needs.
• Provide professional till point service to close the sale and offer the customers an overall enjoyable shopping experience.
 – more... Handle customer complaints professionally and escalate any serious issues to the Manager for suitable resolution.
• Maintain an up-to-date database of customers visiting the store.
• Communicate to the customers the information on special offers/ sales promotion events.
• Merchandise goods prominently on the shop shelves & display units, replenishing stocks as often as required in conjunction with the Manager and merchandising team. – less
Potential to grow with the company
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee), 34th street herald sqOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great store visual, potential to grow with the company
Cons: not enough staff, overwhelming work flow
Training employees gave me the opportunity to grow with the company. I learned how to do more than I was asked to do. I always looked forward to helping with the floor set or projects with the visual team.
IT was difficult to attend to customers needs because the store got really busy most of the weekends including weekdays.
Management often scheduled – more... less employees to close the floor at night which caused employees to leave really late with overwhelming task to complete.
The most enjoyable part of working at Zara was the creative part of the company. The clothing at zara is funky, unique, and daring which allowed me to start dressing different but comfortable. – less
Fun workplace different personalities
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLOctober 1, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: poor management
-Fast paced
-How to communicate with people who dont speak the same languge as I.
-Poor management
-Very cooperative
-All the restrictions
-Helping the customers
High Volume Retail Experience
Register (Former Employee), San DiegoSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: very limited scheduling flexibility
A lot of interactions with customers and knowledge in fashion know how. Great for gaining information on the latest trends and experience on customizing a retail experience for customers.
Fun and responsible
Sales Associate in Zara (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 25, 2014
My regular work day was very good,it was very important to be on time, i had very good team.My managers were strick but understandable at the same time.
Organised enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Arad, ARSeptember 19, 2014
A place where you can learn a lot of new things, i like the organised and easy sistem of logistics. Also the training provided was very good.

1 2 3 4 5

About Zara

Zara is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer based in Arteixo, Galicia, and founded in 1975 by Amancio Ortega and Rosalía – Read more