Zara

Zara Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Experience and lesson learned.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2014
Pros: 15 % off in all zara items
Cons: no guaranteed hours
Too much work but they will make you tough and better person personally.
Amazing workplace with room to grow
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioMay 29, 2014
Working at Zara is exhilarating. All the work you do is hands on which gives you an abundant amount of experience. You are able to communicate openly with the head office team so you feel like you are part of a team. Everyone is hard working, allowing there to be always room to move up and grow in the company.
Valuable customer service skills, little room for advancement, repetitive, retail.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: discounts, employees
Cons: some customers, little room for advancement, rigid
As a sales associate a typical day would be providing support to customers, keeping the store tidy and pushing sales. I learned useful customer service techniques to better push sales as well as how to respond to irate customers. Management varied from helpful and personable to less than. Coworkers for the most part were great, they were helpful and – more... after a few months working there they felt like old friends.
Hardest part of the job was the irate customers, it was often, and little flexibility and support from management.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with most customers as well as employees. – less
worst place ever
sales assistant (Former Employee), zara irelandApril 7, 2014
Pros: nobody cares if u finish your job or not
Cons: bad management, bad staff discount, worst uniform, bad salary, no weekends off, etc....
Just today I had to began for a new uniform . My trousers are ripped and my shirt missing buttons.
good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2014
fun, productive, on-the-go environment. Okay experience overall.
amaizing enviroment amaizing clothes and good people.
saleslady and cashierr servise (Former Employee), Athens, ONFebruary 24, 2014
I went to work every day dressed nicely when everything was coming to me something like buy without thinking about it at all .... I really liked communicating with customers....my manager a amaizing person with a lot of humor..I loved going to the job I had very anargy and really happy
learning how to not take things personally.
Fashion Merchandiser/Salesperson (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 27, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere
I have learned how to be pore passionate and patient than I was before, and also how to not take this personally.
variety of tasks
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2013
never a dull moment at winners. There were many things to do, and a great staff team.
Not very happy working with.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: loved to work with other mamgers at same level.
Cons: hard work wasn't recognised
Messages coming from upper level were not very clear. Hard work wasn't recognised.
the worst company in the world
sales (Former Employee), CanadaDecember 6, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: no respect
A store and head office run by uneducated snotty middle management girls who refer to the employees as "stupid brainless people". There is no respect towards the employee, they preach about safety when the backroom is prepared for accidents (the emergency exit is blocked by boxes and trash).

– January 9, 2013

They pay min wage, and want you work like they pay a max wage. They treat you like a child and management are snotty. I have heard management call employees idiots behind their backs and cutomers stupid at several stores I worked at, so I guess it comes from the top management, because it's the same everywhere you go. The turn over there is greater than any other retail store I have ever worked at and I have worked for a few. They don't give you hours, so some times you find yourself going to other stores, where emplyees quit.

productive and fun workplace
Sales Person (Former Employee), tehranSeptember 12, 2012
working with customer, I learned how to deal with different types of customer.managing time and skills. being fast and quick in responding to customers. providing necessary information they need in order to serve them better
Great colleagues to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: store wide commisions
Cons: frequent changes in personnel
Working in this company provided me with many people that I could identify with as a team. Everyone was very helpful towards each other and this made it a pleaseant place to work at.

Management at the store level was always changing and it was at times depressing when managers that you have built a bond with had to work at another location. Additionally, – more... frequent turnovers meant that many friends that you have established were slowly going away.

This job was demanding in that it always felt that the store was understaffed, but this also brought with it a challenge that provided motivation to excel in daily operations where our results were shown to us by our managers on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis regarding our sales targets. – less
While worked at ZARA,I learn a lot
Sales Associates (Former Employee), Dubai, DUAugust 9, 2012
I worked as sales associates in ZARA mall of the
emirates, DUBAI (2004 till 2009) Azadea group llc Dubai. Total 5 1/2 years of experience in ZARA Stores.

- Over five and off years of retail management experience

- Ability to effectively hire, train, and manage staff

- Scheduling, reports, and inventory

- Extensive work with visual standards and – more... merchandising, I have excellent communication skills. I always maintain a gracious and professional manner when communicating with people, including customers and store staff. My broad experience and range of skills make me a superior candidate for this position – less
very good place to work and learn
Sr. Fashion Assistance (Former Employee), Delhi, DLJuly 21, 2014
amazing co. with amazing fashion sense and work environment.
group work and fun place
Cashier (Former Employee), London, ENGJuly 18, 2014
A typical day in Zara was busy but full of friendship among the workers in Zara. We were not just colleges but a family. An awesome experience that I would repeat doubtless.
The Zara team was amazing
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), PasadenaJuly 15, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: management kept changing
My typical day at Zara would vary due to the various duties needed at the store. As a cashier I learned how to multi-task with customers as well as administrative duties such as filing paperwork. Being on the sales floor I learned how to help various customers in a timely manner. Handling restock every 30 minutes was one of my favorite duties because – more... I was able to work in a fast pace environment. – less
learned how to prioritise and organise
Shoes responsible (Former Employee), Oxford CircusJuly 13, 2014
Receiving daily shoes delivery (50 to 60 boxes with 60 pairs each). Changing prices coming from Spain, working with visuals following the collection. Commerciality and reports follow up. Customer service, Overstock, managing small team 2-3 people.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), London, ENGJuly 13, 2014
I really enjoy working at Zara, it is a fun and warm environment to work in and the staff and management team are very good. You meet new people everyday.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), KielceJuly 11, 2014
A lot things to do at once, comunication with customer on first place
fun workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), ENGJuly 3, 2014
Pros: discount on products
Cons: long hours
A typical day is very busy especially on the weekends, I learned very good customer service skills however the co-workers can be critical.The hardest part of the job is having to pick up after customers and the most enjoyable part is working along side clothes.

1 2 3 4 5

About Zara

Zara is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer based in Arteixo, Galicia, and founded in 1975 by Amancio Ortega and Rosalía – Read more