ZARA Employee Reviews

Fun
Cashier- Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Zara is great job if you get the right mangers that know how to have fun and know how to balance work and your soical work. Working at zara is not hard every job is pretty fair
Chaos
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2017
Overall working at Zara made me never want to set foot in the store again. Management at the time was very unorganized and made it seem like it was ones own fault. They treat their employees like trash always talking down being very condescending and rude when you didn't even deserve it. The store was always very messy and chaotic as well as long overdue for a renovation. Clean up was a nightmare although this was the customers fault because they would just throw things all over the place and their wasnt enough presence on the floor to deal with these matters until close. the most enjoyable part was that I met some truly friendly people but I also met all sorts of liars and people that would smile at you and steal your employee card, as well as $25 christmas cards.
Pros
Good pay and good hours when you're needed
Cons
Rude management, poor work-life balance
Good coworkers terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2017
Ok place to start in retail...truck days felt like slavery days especially considering the mall didn't turn the a/c on till the mall opened so imagine doing truck in a hot store especially during the summer. The amount of work that has to be put in for the dollas they pay you I don't think is worth it. Their thing is you don't question the managers which I don't think is right cause sometimes the managers don't even know what they're doing and they like to pick and choose who they want to be nice to and if they don't like you good luck! They ask you to do a million things at once like your a robot or something.
Pros
Coworkers and the discount
Very bad management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 May 2017
Management was always all over the place making it very hard to work there. The managers were always snobby and full of themselves. Always blamed everyone else for their mistakes. Very judgemental and there was lots of gossip.
Interesting working environment with interesting people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2017
I worked at ZARA for over a year and in that year had no problems with management staff, although some of the managers are very stuck up and arrogant. I did not enjoy the management staffs attitude towards their employees but the one redeeming quality of working at ZARA was that you got to work with people that are like minded. A lot of ZARA employees are into high/fast fashion and you can really learn a lot from them. While working there you don't really have to push any sort of customer service, you can just let them do their thing and not nag them which is something a lot of people have come to appreciate.
Pros
Long break.
Cons
Poor management staff attitude
sales man
Sales for Zara (Former Employee) –  Kuwait3 May 2017
ZARA MEN
middle east area ( Kuwait )
worked there for almost one year.
it was kind of easy because ZARA is big brand so there is no need to convince people to buy .
bien
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 April 2017
très bon environnement de travail , qui est jovial
Ok place to work
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2017
fast paced - don't expect to grow in your customer service skills - management's main concern is reaching store $$ goals. Not bad overall, if you are interested in working in retail, Zara is not a bad place to start.
Productive and inovative
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2017
To develop by yourself, improve the working skill, Enjoyable workplace, setting goal and objective for the store, learning the how Can I sell professionally
Unorganized Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2017
I found that other coworkers were not interested in providing the customers with a pleasant experience and did the absolute minimum. I also found that management was highly unorganized.
Diverse Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale Toronto2 April 2017
Very diverse, the workers are fun and easy to get along with. Management needs to improve by A LOT! It's like they expect you to put work before your health and family. Strict uniform policy. You have to have very high patience, especially at the Yorkdale location because the costumers you get there are past disrespectful. Have to be okay with running upstairs and downstairs to get merchandise from back stock for customers, especially if you are a runner, and staying on your feet for long hours. Despite management and the uniform, the hours were good and your co's help you make it through the day.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Mangement
The pinacle of enslavement
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2017
ZARA is definitely a place where your success is measured by your actions. That is what the company like to promote, to which they are right. What they fail to mention is just what you actually have to do to complete those actions. As a salary based job, they like to ensure that you are up to your eye balls with work, that is at times, impossible to fit into a 8 hour work day. Not to mention the closing times and opening times that you have to abide by.
The work culture is either you survive or not, regardless of how little training you got.
And the worst part of it all, is that the company indulges in intimidating their staff, making them feel inferior, and setting extremely unattainable goals and expectations.

Definitely not a job for the masses. But there are a select percent that do like this work environment. And to those I say, best of luck.
Pros
Comissions
Cons
Exsessive work hours, bad management, little training, extensive work
Positive work environment with opportunities to learn
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC1 February 2017
In the few months I worked at Zara I learned a great deal about retail and made lasting relationships with my co-workers. Depending on the department (mens, womens, kids, operations) the amount of workload will vary. Working in the men's department allowed me to gain experience and knowledge about fashion without the hectic atmosphere found in the women's department.
Pros
Discount, good location, young staff
okay place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
i did stock and sales. Managers were cool and different. A typical day at zara would start at 7am and end at about 4pm. i learned how to prefect fold.
Good job of the summer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Salvador13 January 2017
I worked in Zara in the summer in El Salvador, it was a great opportunity to me to see how is the working environment and to gain experience and feel more comfortable with it.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
long hours bad salary
Management and job responsibilities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 January 2017
Management was unprofessional and rude at the location I worked at..However, doing the job was fun since I have a passion for fashion and I also love socializing with others. My favorite part of the job was helping and advising customers. I would tell them my recommendations and seeing them satisfied was the best.
Pros
Customer satisifaction
good job
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 January 2017
good company, many hours but it is paid poorly and the management can be a real pain in the b***. however you will make friends there that will last forever.
Horrible
Sales Associate- Part Time (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
Management was unorganized and knowledgeable of how to manage a store. Schedules would change last minute. The only good thing about Zara are the employees
Pros
great employees
Cons
disorganized
Great growth
Operations Responsible (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON23 December 2016
Growing within this company is easy if you have a good work ethic. Customer service is the #1 skill required here. Extremely fast-paced environment with constant change.
Pros
Easy to grow
Cons
Stressful
Fun workplace
Commercial responsible (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 December 2016
the management is like a family. always got to chance to merchandise dress up the mannequin. i learned alot about merchandising and reading alot of reports.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.