ZARA Employee Reviews

The pinacle of enslavement
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2017
ZARA is definitely a place where your success is measured by your actions. That is what the company like to promote, to which they are right. What they fail to mention is just what you actually have to do to complete those actions. As a salary based job, they like to ensure that you are up to your eye balls with work, that is at times, impossible to fit into a 8 hour work day. Not to mention the closing times and opening times that you have to abide by.
The work culture is either you survive or not, regardless of how little training you got.
And the worst part of it all, is that the company indulges in intimidating their staff, making them feel inferior, and setting extremely unattainable goals and expectations.

Definitely not a job for the masses. But there are a select percent that do like this work environment. And to those I say, best of luck.
Pros
Comissions
Cons
Exsessive work hours, bad management, little training, extensive work
If you want to work somewhere that you are unappreciated, underpaid, and overlooked, Zara is the place!
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2016
Initially I thought Zara would be an exciting environment, where I could really express my fashion creativity. The reality is drab uniforms, and incredibly disorganized management. They bait you into thinking that you have a real opportunity growing with the company but it never becomes a tangible possibility. You feel like you burden your superiors when you ask them for basic employer duties, such as benefits or vacation pay, but they always take ages to get back to you. And yet they demand your hard work in return.

It's high paced retail, and therefore extremely taxing, but you are taught incomparable mental fortitude and work ethic.
Pros
Lunch break is 1 hour per every 8 hour shift
Cons
Long hours, management doesn't release schedules until 3 days before the coming week, very demanding work environment, little praise and lots of criticisms
Good job of the summer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Salvador13 January 2017
I worked in Zara in the summer in El Salvador, it was a great opportunity to me to see how is the working environment and to gain experience and feel more comfortable with it.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
long hours bad salary
Store culture
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
Sales was not a top priority at Zara, however work life balance was encouraged with the company. Salary was above average. High turnover of leadership team.
Pros
Good salary, high end fashions
Cons
On feet all day
Worst working experience I had.
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 May 2016
Inditex, the parent group who owns Zara, is clearly doesn't want to take responsibility and change their unethical conduct. This particular Zara is an expert in the sphere. They will look at you as some one worthy only if you do not question authority and ready to follow orders with no comments. This is the worst place I've worked at, which disregards your opinion and morals about business ethics and culture.
The typical day at the stock would include to file clothes where they belong or to get clothes on the floor from the stock. Both are hard to do, because the apparels are old, and the application on the iPod is inaccurate due to the management and employees.
Management and employees are ready to screw you up for their personal benefits, and even the human resources is not so welcoming, although they all seem to be nice at first.

BELIEVE ME, YOU WANT TO AVOID THIS PLACE.
Pros
Full-time benefits and 25% discount on clothes.
Cons
Management is inexperienced, employees too, the turnover rate is very high (4-6 people leaving and apply every 2 weeks), Very hard to follow the most simple schemes at work, because no one else is following (including management)
Positive work environment with opportunities to learn
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC1 February 2017
In the few months I worked at Zara I learned a great deal about retail and made lasting relationships with my co-workers. Depending on the department (mens, womens, kids, operations) the amount of workload will vary. Working in the men's department allowed me to gain experience and knowledge about fashion without the hectic atmosphere found in the women's department.
Pros
Discount, good location, young staff
Cons
The best job I've ever had.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2016
ZARA was an incredible experience for me. I advanced on my sales experience. I was very social, with every customer coming in, I'd be the first to greet them and help them out. The staff Zara was incredible we all loved each other, made each other laugh and looked out for each other. For example if one of my fellow employees have there hands full with clothes or a customer, I'd step in and help them out. It was a great place of work with great people. Wonderful experience.
Pros
Great place of work, wonderful staff, long hours, and very busy
Cons
Budget cuts, short hours, one 3 hour shift for every two weeks
Fast paced job that's super stressful but has decent benefits
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
Usually understaffed and hours frequently get cut right before your shift or during your shift. Store is usually a mess. Benefits include free uniform, 25% off discount and shared commission (usually ranging between an extra 1 or 2 dollars an hour).
Pros
25% discount card, free uniform, shared commission
Cons
not enough hours, fast paced, understaffed
Management and job responsibilities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 January 2017
Management was unprofessional and rude at the location I worked at..However, doing the job was fun since I have a passion for fashion and I also love socializing with others. My favorite part of the job was helping and advising customers. I would tell them my recommendations and seeing them satisfied was the best.
Pros
Customer satisifaction
Cons
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2016
My experience at Zara Inc was a life time experience. A typical day at work would be very easy to handle due to the amount of co - workers we always had on floor. I've learned that working in a team will help benefit you in many ways throughout your career.
I've also learned plenty of more things like: How to properly assist costumer inquires, and report customers complaints, How to provide customers with information in a friendly, professional manner. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with a variety of different customers in a day.
The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be working in different departments of the store.
Pros
hour break
Cons
Great work for a part time job with awesome colleagues
Brand Representative/Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Eaton center, Toronto, Ontario3 October 2016
I was working in Zara for almost 2 years as a part time job. My experience there was great as i had very nice colleagues and managers. Usually i had 8 hours shifts before or after my classes at university, or i had shifts during weekends. management was very nice and helpful during training and even after that. the most enjoyable part of my job was socializing with costumers and having co-workers at an age range close to mine.
Pros
great environment
Cons
health care, minimum wage
Zara at eaton centre
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
Felt like slavery work tbh, not enough training, they stick you anywhere they want u to be. Snobby co workers that think theyre all that for some reason? Pay is the same minimum wage so not sure why they feel superior lol. Management is tough but pretty fair and cool. Judgemental co workers as well, love to see new ones stuggle! super two faced.
Pros
Discount I guess?
Cons
closing time, snobby selfish stuck up co workers
Horrible
Sales Associate- Part Time (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
Management was unorganized and knowledgeable of how to manage a store. Schedules would change last minute. The only good thing about Zara are the employees
Pros
great employees
Cons
disorganized
good job
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 January 2017
good company, many hours but it is paid poorly and the management can be a real pain in the b***. however you will make friends there that will last forever.
peace place
Cashier-Operations (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2016
zara is best place I had learned so many experience based on customer service and management . I have great team at zara who can help me when I need support, as every job zara has hard side as well, as customer service; biggest point of the company .. Working on , and always get the result for customer to work as team , most enjoyable part of the job every day every time we get the know so many new things and u are able to get to work as multitasking . the best thing is about zara company, it helps u learn as a team and u get the way the solve the problems in case u want to handle it .
Pros
free gift card every chistmas
Cons
Zara is a good place to work thay protect employer and customer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Damascus7 December 2016
The work was relatively easy and did not require too much effort. I got along well with my managers and other coworkers. The commissions was done globally so there was not competition between coworkers.
Pros
1 hour
Cons
5 hours
Fun workplace
Commercial responsible (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 December 2016
the management is like a family. always got to chance to merchandise dress up the mannequin. i learned alot about merchandising and reading alot of reports.
okay place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
i did stock and sales. Managers were cool and different. A typical day at zara would start at 7am and end at about 4pm. i learned how to prefect fold.
A good environment, friendly co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 November 2016
Mostly worked as a cashier and my job was provide excellent service to all customers and make their shopping experience easy. For example, helping them find exactly what they needed and made sure they were satisfied with their shopping experience.
Stressful
Customer Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 March 2015
Zara has very poor management. They do not care about their workers and the managers really only care about the sales and how well the stores do as a whole. The one good thing about Zara is that you have really good coworkers. A lot of time and effort is put into working at Zara but there are really no benefits. You get minimum wage plus commission, but you do not get a raise unless you have a set full time position like merchandising or specialists. Managers have the tendency to not care about you and only think about the sales and sometimes they doubt you as well. They expect a lot from us and even when we are doing the best we can, they expect more just for the company it self. There are a lot of responsibilities that you have but there are no benefits. The amount of work we are given to do is not worth the amount of pay we get. The only thing good about this company is that you get to work with the best coworkers and that is it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.