Zara

Zara Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Busy store,help you gain more experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2014
In a busy store like Zara you learn to handle work pressure better and improve your skills. Friendly environment.
Very friendly environment.
Customer service (Former Employee), San Pedro Sula, HondurasNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough hours
Assist customer come in to the store providing outstanding customer service working in a team oriented store management it was a greay experience to achieved the goals. Supervisors were friendly all the time and the policies were clear one of the nicest places to work at.
Horrendous is an understatement
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2014
If you like to be treated with disrespect and talked to like a 4 year old, if you like to perform 2 people's duties during any given shift getting paid minimum wage with zero recognition and appreciation, and if you like to have a manager call you 5 times a week changing your schedule on you, then Zara is the perfect place to work.
-- Extremely rude – more... and unprofessional management. They probably think minimum wage employees should only get minimum or no respect. They put you right on the spot with very little training and ask questions like "how come you're not doing this or that" like you're an idiot. One time I had to go to the washroom after 3 hours of doing stock and helping customers nonstop, the manager asked through the walkie "where are you" as if I had been missing for days, and after I informed her that I was just using the washroom real quick, she actually said "hurry and come back up here okay". Ridiculous.

-- Extremely heavy workload. They are always understaff. Of course I understand this--it's all about the bottom line. But don't blame me for not finishing the work when you just simply don't have enough manpower. Basically they expect you to know everything inside out in your second week and be able to check 250 items in stock, replenish all the items on the sales floor with perfect sizing and folding, serving 10+ demanding customers, and still do cash register in ONE HOUR. That is just humanly impossible. Oh and they never forget to make you feel incompetent when you don't complete the tasks or ask questions. "Why haven't you finished so and so yet" is asked every other hour during your shift.

-- Hazardous stockrooms. Very crowded with clothes, hangers, poles, hooks, boxes and everything in between right in your way. It's ok if it's just a stockroom, but you actually have to work heavy ladders and stools to get clothes. It becomes impossible to maneuver the tools at times. It's a huge accident waiting to happen.

-- Completely incompetent managers. Other than being rude and unprofessional, they also can't figure out something basic like scheduling. Your shifts change all the time, which is ok, I understand, it's retail, it's to be expected. But when they cancel your morning shift (meaning it's erased on the hand written schedule sheet) the day before, and call you at 7:05 the next morning asking "how come you're not at work", that's just not acceptable. Apparently, the managers haven't figured out a way to communicate with each other. They also miscounted my hours worked. I was underpaid by 8 hours during one pay period! Thank god I logged all my hours and checked my paycheque thoroughly. I didn't sign up to volunteer, definitely not for a place like this.

The list can go on and on, and mind you, I was there only for 3 weeks. Those unpleasant incidents all happened in just 3 weeks, part time! I refused to take such treatment, not for $10.50/HR. NO. I'm still kicking myself for not having quit sooner. 3 weeks is too long in such abusive work environment.
If you can find another minimum wage job, RUN! – less
Experience and lesson learned.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2014
Pros: 15 % off in all zara items
Cons: no guaranteed hours
Too much work but they will make you tough and better person personally.
Amazing workplace with room to grow
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioMay 29, 2014
Working at Zara is exhilarating. All the work you do is hands on which gives you an abundant amount of experience. You are able to communicate openly with the head office team so you feel like you are part of a team. Everyone is hard working, allowing there to be always room to move up and grow in the company.
Valuable customer service skills, little room for advancement, repetitive, retail.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: discounts, employees
Cons: some customers, little room for advancement, rigid
As a sales associate a typical day would be providing support to customers, keeping the store tidy and pushing sales. I learned useful customer service techniques to better push sales as well as how to respond to irate customers. Management varied from helpful and personable to less than. Coworkers for the most part were great, they were helpful and – more... after a few months working there they felt like old friends.
Hardest part of the job was the irate customers, it was often, and little flexibility and support from management.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with most customers as well as employees. – less
worst place ever
sales assistant (Former Employee), zara irelandApril 7, 2014
Pros: nobody cares if u finish your job or not
Cons: bad management, bad staff discount, worst uniform, bad salary, no weekends off, etc....
Just today I had to began for a new uniform . My trousers are ripped and my shirt missing buttons.
amaizing enviroment amaizing clothes and good people.
saleslady and cashierr servise (Former Employee), Athens, ONFebruary 24, 2014
I went to work every day dressed nicely when everything was coming to me something like buy without thinking about it at all .... I really liked communicating with customers....my manager a amaizing person with a lot of humor..I loved going to the job I had very anargy and really happy
Best Paying Retail Store Ever.
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Yorkdale MallFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: amazing pay for a retail store better as you grow within the company, amazing benefits for full time employees, guaranteed hours, always busy
Cons: lack of respect, lack of co-existence, lack of friendliness, not too flexible with availabilities, human resources best interest is for management not the general staff
Opening tills for the correspondent department, supervising other cashiers, typing out and delivering memos to all departments in the store, merchandising, filing paper work, keeping counter clutter free, assorting damages of the store, responsible of sending out to seamstress small fixable damages.

Was able to learn everything regarding the retail – more... industry, minimum banking and depositing information, improving peoples'skills, improved computer skills, inventory input, a fast cashier, fast counting for opening and closing tills.

Co-workers extremely friendly and professional.

Management varies, overall professional, do not talk to employees besides work related demands, did not co-exist with employees would never be seen talking, hanging out or eating lunch with them either, if this was the case they could possibly get in trouble by head office which is a staff that consisted of people from Spain not well informed of Canadian Law and Human Rights.
Encouragement to be tough and hard on staff was acceptable and taught by those in higher positions, wearing make up was promoted for girls, diversity among appearance for men not quite.

The long hours , closing one night and opening the day after was absolutely one of the hardest things to deal with and not being respected by those in higher positions, yelling at staff, speaking in a condescending manner , being judged by overall appearance and never acknowledging the good work and efforts just constantly hearing the bad on a daily basis. A very interesting, surreal and terrible formula to achieve the improvement of skills and motivation of the staff, which caused many people to walk out.

Learning about the latest runway trends and working around such beautiful pieces and clothes was a nice experience if you enjoy that field of customer service, great Christmas parties. – less
learning how to not take things personally.
Fashion Merchandiser/Salesperson (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 27, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere
I have learned how to be pore passionate and patient than I was before, and also how to not take this personally.
variety of tasks
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2013
never a dull moment at winners. There were many things to do, and a great staff team.
Not very happy working with.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: loved to work with other mamgers at same level.
Cons: hard work wasn't recognised
Messages coming from upper level were not very clear. Hard work wasn't recognised.
the worst company in the world
sales (Former Employee), CanadaDecember 6, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: no respect
A store and head office run by uneducated snotty middle management girls who refer to the employees as "stupid brainless people". There is no respect towards the employee, they preach about safety when the backroom is prepared for accidents (the emergency exit is blocked by boxes and trash).

January 9, 2013

They pay min wage, and want you work like they pay a max wage. They treat you like a child and management are snotty. I have heard management call employees idiots behind their backs and cutomers stupid at several stores I worked at, so I guess it comes from the top management, because it's the same everywhere you go. The turn over there is greater than any other retail store I have ever worked at and I have worked for a few. They don't give you hours, so some times you find yourself going to other stores, where emplyees quit.

Great colleagues to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: store wide commisions
Cons: frequent changes in personnel
Working in this company provided me with many people that I could identify with as a team. Everyone was very helpful towards each other and this made it a pleaseant place to work at.

Management at the store level was always changing and it was at times depressing when managers that you have built a bond with had to work at another location. Additionally, – more... frequent turnovers meant that many friends that you have established were slowly going away.

This job was demanding in that it always felt that the store was understaffed, but this also brought with it a challenge that provided motivation to excel in daily operations where our results were shown to us by our managers on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis regarding our sales targets. – less
Productive and good experience
Ladieswear Deputy Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, ENGDecember 17, 2014
Pros: uniform allowances
Cons: long hours
Zara is a very fast paced work environment, in which you can learn a lot about yourself as a person and also your professional character.

A typical day consists of doing more than physically possible and doing excessive overtime, which you do not get paid for and can not take back. The companies expectations at times can be unrealistic and incredibly – more... stressful, but at the end of the day when your tasks are completed you feel a strong sense of accomplishment.

The team are what makes the stressful days a happier place to work. When you have a team that is motivated, the daily tasks run smoother and the environment is much more enjoyable for the staff and the customers. Overall, my team were what made me enjoy my time at work everyday.

I learnt a lot with the company and was given many amazing opportunities that will stay with me for life. – less
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Roosevelt, NYDecember 11, 2014
Okay co-workers and good management. The hardest part of the job is finding more things to do on a slow work day. The most enjoyable part of the job is successfully assisting customers.
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Limerick, LKDecember 11, 2014
Friendly staff, nice place to work.
Duties included stock replenishment, greeting and assisting the customers, maintaining the appearance of the store, meeting sale targets and other general store duties.
Productive, great energy, always psostive, and fun!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 3, 2014
Pros: loved the environment, hour lunch
I would come in early and start fill up, stay in my assigned area, always busy, helping costumers, fixing. I loved helping costumers and meeting new people from all over the world. Creating relationships as far as having loyal costumers return and ask for me specifically. The hardest and enjoyable part of the job in a positive way was multitasking on – more... very busy days even holidays and making sure each costumer I attended was satisfied it was a challenge but fun and I loved it! – less
I have work as a sale associate, computers, cashier, stock team and also organizing the stores.
Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 25, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: long shifts
Always on time for work, always prepare for work with my uniform from head to toe. Greetings with a smile and also asking the customers how you doing and if everything was alright. Making sure all the money is counted and if everything is good to go. Helping out each other on the floor or anywhere.
I loved working here
Assistant Head Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 15, 2014
I was a cashier here. I loved this job. I loved all of my co-workers (majority of the staff hung out on and off the clock), pay was better than most retail store. Corporate is a little slow and could care less about entry level. After i did my evaluation 3 months go by and i never recieved my pay raise. i quit before i could ever receive it. Some people – more... had to wait almost a year to see it. Macromanagement with an international store is not the smartest thing in the world. Culture, Norm, People change from region to region. my location winter is a little bit later than the typical winter, so when it is 30 degrees all we have in stock is tank tops and shorts because "winter season is over" – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Zara

Zara is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer based in Arteixo, Galicia, and founded in 1975 by Amancio Ortega and Rosalía – Read more