Zara Employee Reviews

If you want to work somewhere that you are unappreciated, underpaid, and overlooked, Zara is the place!
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2016
Initially I thought Zara would be an exciting environment, where I could really express my fashion creativity. The reality is drab uniforms, and incredibly disorganized management. They bait you into thinking that you have a real opportunity growing with the company but it never becomes a tangible possibility. You feel like you burden your superiors when you ask them for basic employer duties, such as benefits or vacation pay, but they always take ages to get back to you. And yet they demand your hard work in return.

It's high paced retail, and therefore extremely taxing, but you are taught incomparable mental fortitude and work ethic.
Pros
Lunch break is 1 hour per every 8 hour shift
Cons
Long hours, management doesn't release schedules until 3 days before the coming week, very demanding work environment, little praise and lots of criticisms
Worst working experience I had.
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 May 2016
Inditex, the parent group who owns Zara, is clearly doesn't want to take responsibility and change their unethical conduct. This particular Zara is an expert in the sphere. They will look at you as some one worthy only if you do not question authority and ready to follow orders with no comments. This is the worst place I've worked at, which disregards your opinion and morals about business ethics and culture.
The typical day at the stock would include to file clothes where they belong or to get clothes on the floor from the stock. Both are hard to do, because the apparels are old, and the application on the iPod is inaccurate due to the management and employees.
Management and employees are ready to screw you up for their personal benefits, and even the human resources is not so welcoming, although they all seem to be nice at first.

BELIEVE ME, YOU WANT TO AVOID THIS PLACE.
Pros
Full-time benefits and 25% discount on clothes.
Cons
Management is inexperienced, employees too, the turnover rate is very high (4-6 people leaving and apply every 2 weeks), Very hard to follow the most simple schemes at work, because no one else is following (including management)
peace place
Cashier-Operations (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2016
zara is best place I had learned so many experience based on customer service and management . I have great team at zara who can help me when I need support, as every job zara has hard side as well, as customer service; biggest point of the company .. Working on , and always get the result for customer to work as team , most enjoyable part of the job every day every time we get the know so many new things and u are able to get to work as multitasking . the best thing is about zara company, it helps u learn as a team and u get the way the solve the problems in case u want to handle it .
Pros
free gift card every chistmas
Cons
Great work for a part time job with awesome colleagues
Brand Representative/Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Eaton center, Toronto, Ontario3 October 2016
I was working in Zara for almost 2 years as a part time job. My experience there was great as i had very nice colleagues and managers. Usually i had 8 hours shifts before or after my classes at university, or i had shifts during weekends. management was very nice and helpful during training and even after that. the most enjoyable part of my job was socializing with costumers and having co-workers at an age range close to mine.
Pros
great environment
Cons
health care, minimum wage
Fun workplace
St-Bruno, (Qc) (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC5 July 2016
- Offered customers with exemplary and timely service
- Merchandised, restocked and maintained Sales floor
- Assisted supervisors to identify and resolve issues in the stores
- Met and exceeded sales goals
- Recommended alternative purchase choices
- Addressed loss prevention issues immediately
Pros
Working culture
Cons
No commission
Fast paced environment
Specialist / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON / Ottawa ON7 July 2016
Always such a great staff to work with generally, this helped a lot as Zara usually had high traffic daily. They hire a wide variety of people from different cultures and with different lives. this made it interesting and fun as well .
Pros
opportunity
Cons
Hours/Pace
Fast paced job that's super stressful but has decent benefits
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
Usually understaffed and hours frequently get cut right before your shift or during your shift. Store is usually a mess. Benefits include free uniform, 25% off discount and shared commission (usually ranging between an extra 1 or 2 dollars an hour).
Pros
25% discount card, free uniform, shared commission
Cons
not enough hours, fast paced, understaffed
Worst place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2016
Management is the worst, they are very rude and HR is not useful. You can never complain about the manager to the HR because they don't do anything about it. So if the manager doesn't like you then you will be in trouble.
Working at ZARA as a Cashier and Sales Associate
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2016
A typical day at work included opening and closing cash registers, processing returns, exchanges, online orders, cash and credit discrepancies, and transfers. You would also process holds, damaged items, and alterations. You had to keep a continuous knowledge of the products and customer demands and maintain the fitting rooms. Most of all, you had to assist customers with any questions, concerns, and requests. You would have to maintain and replenish merchandise on the sales floor.
I learned that you have to be patient with customers and manage your time wisely. You have to stay calm because it can be a hectic environment sometimes. You have to really pay attention to the merchandise because it changes weekly.
The management was amazing in my opinion. They were understanding, efficient, smart, and made sure that you are being trained properly.
The co-workers were fun, young, helpful, and passionate.
The hardest part of the job is trying not to be overwhelmed in the beginning. Dealing with angry customers is also hard. You just have to grin and bear it and deal with the problem as best to your abilities.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the beautiful clothes. It made me appreciate fashion and the hard work that goes behind it. Working at Zara helped me gain confidence in my abilities and helped me realize my potential.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2016
Very friendly environment
Management very helpful and always pushing you to do you're best
Learned to work in a fast-paced high-impact environment
Co-workers extremely friendly always willing to help and assist
Most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work among
a team of great people
Supportive environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2016
Great to enhance sales skills. This employment opportunity has provided me with the necessary skills to assist me in future employment. I have learned various skills.
Did not enjoy this job.
Sales Associate - Department Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC1 June 2016
I found the company not very good to work for. The management was very disorganized and did not seem to know what they were doing.
Be ready to do everything
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 September 2016
In Zara, I learned that we had to deal with everything. Customer service, cash, inventory, cleaning. If you are a person who likes to keep busy at all times and like to push yourself further. and if you work well under pressure, this job is for you.
Pros
team is like family
Cons
stressful
productive
visual commercial (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 May 2016
always on youre feet learning something new everyday. great team. must be quick and hardworking. advanced technology. learn a lot about business and marketing. management is great
Get a fashion trend knowledge
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2016
Friendly co-worker
good management
Flexible work shift
They get a lots of new clothes and accessries every single week
Pros
15%Off staff discount
Stressful
Customer Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 March 2015
Zara has very poor management. They do not care about their workers and the managers really only care about the sales and how well the stores do as a whole. The one good thing about Zara is that you have really good coworkers. A lot of time and effort is put into working at Zara but there are really no benefits. You get minimum wage plus commission, but you do not get a raise unless you have a set full time position like merchandising or specialists. Managers have the tendency to not care about you and only think about the sales and sometimes they doubt you as well. They expect a lot from us and even when we are doing the best we can, they expect more just for the company it self. There are a lot of responsibilities that you have but there are no benefits. The amount of work we are given to do is not worth the amount of pay we get. The only thing good about this company is that you get to work with the best coworkers and that is it.
A perfect and stable part-time job for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 July 2016
Zara provided employees with great accommodations and hours to fit their lifestyle, and had tasks that brought retail to a new level, keeping the job fresh and interesting every day.
Ok
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2016
ENJOYED, working with my co-workers. everyday is a different day. Management supports the employees when it comes to customers.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2016
Always busy and we are a team no matter what.
a lot of room to grow. always keep a positive mind and work hard and it will be recognized and appreciated.
high fashion volume
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2016
- on sales floor, maintaining zone, replenish and run items every hour, help customers
- introduced to stock duties
- management team was very bad, very unprofessional
- mutual with all co-workers
- commute to work
- meeting new people, always on the go
Pros
hour lunches, unpaid, good amount of break
Cons
commute to work, tasks that consisted all day