Zara Employee Reviews in Canada

peace place
Cashier-Operations (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 5, 2016
zara is best place I had learned so many experience based on customer service and management . I have great team at zara who can help me when I need support, as every job zara has hard side as well, as customer service; biggest point of the company .. Working on , and always get the result for customer to work as team , most enjoyable part of the job every day every time we get the know so many new things and u are able to get to work as multitasking . the best thing is about zara company, it helps u learn as a team and u get the way the solve the problems in case u want to handle it .
Pros
free gift card every chistmas
high fashion volume
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2016
- on sales floor, maintaining zone, replenish and run items every hour, help customers
- introduced to stock duties
- management team was very bad, very unprofessional
- mutual with all co-workers
- commute to work
- meeting new people, always on the go
Pros
hour lunches, unpaid, good amount of break
Cons
commute to work, tasks that consisted all day
Worst working experience I had.
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 23, 2016
Inditex, the parent group who owns Zara, is clearly doesn't want to take responsibility and change their unethical conduct. This particular Zara is an expert in the sphere. They will look at you as some one worthy only if you do not question authority and ready to follow orders with no comments. This is the worst place I've worked at, which disregards your opinion and morals about business ethics and culture.
The typical day at the stock would include to file clothes where they belong or to get clothes on the floor from the stock. Both are hard to do, because the apparels are old, and the application on the iPod is inaccurate due to the management and employees.
Management and employees are ready to screw you up for their personal benefits, and even the human resources is not so welcoming, although they all seem to be nice at first.

BELIEVE ME, YOU WANT TO AVOID THIS PLACE.
Pros
Full-time benefits and 25% discount on clothes.
Cons
Management is inexperienced, employees too, the turnover rate is very high (4-6 people leaving and apply every 2 weeks), Very hard to follow the most simple schemes at work, because no one else is following (including management)
Ok
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2016
ENJOYED, working with my co-workers. everyday is a different day. Management supports the employees when it comes to customers.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2016
Always busy and we are a team no matter what.
a lot of room to grow. always keep a positive mind and work hard and it will be recognized and appreciated.
Worst place for pt/students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2016
- management has their favourites hence others are treated very poorly
- not a good place to work at if you are in school (they're not flexible with hours)
Pros
nothing
Fast paced job that's super stressful but has decent benefits
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2016
Usually understaffed and hours frequently get cut right before your shift or during your shift. Store is usually a mess. Benefits include free uniform, 25% off discount and shared commission (usually ranging between an extra 1 or 2 dollars an hour).
Pros
25% discount card, free uniform, shared commission
Cons
not enough hours, fast paced, understaffed
Stressful
Customer Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 19, 2015
Zara has very poor management. They do not care about their workers and the managers really only care about the sales and how well the stores do as a whole. The one good thing about Zara is that you have really good coworkers. A lot of time and effort is put into working at Zara but there are really no benefits. You get minimum wage plus commission, but you do not get a raise unless you have a set full time position like merchandising or specialists. Managers have the tendency to not care about you and only think about the sales and sometimes they doubt you as well. They expect a lot from us and even when we are doing the best we can, they expect more just for the company it self. There are a lot of responsibilities that you have but there are no benefits. The amount of work we are given to do is not worth the amount of pay we get. The only thing good about this company is that you get to work with the best coworkers and that is it.
Productive, career based environment, great people to work with.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Overall I would recommend Zara to anyone looking to gain good experience in the retail fashion which ever changing. Zara really keeps up with the runway and is great when it comes to staff promotion.
Sales Associate/Cashier
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 20, 2015
Typical day at work would be assisting customers with any items, whether it be for a, friend ,loved one, child ,or even them with merchandise. I learned that working in retail requires patience and time making sure customers are happy. The hardest part of my job would be customers that are not happy with promotions or prices why not being able to buy the company's product. Most enjoyable part would be putting together a outfit that the customer really liked and purchased.
Pros
Different Shifts
Cons
Working holidays
Fun workplace
St-Bruno, (Qc) (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QCJuly 5, 2016
- Offered customers with exemplary and timely service
- Merchandised, restocked and maintained Sales floor
- Assisted supervisors to identify and resolve issues in the stores
- Met and exceeded sales goals
- Recommended alternative purchase choices
- Addressed loss prevention issues immediately
Pros
Working culture
Cons
No commission
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 30, 2016
Very friendly environment
Management very helpful and always pushing you to do you're best
Learned to work in a fast-paced high-impact environment
Co-workers extremely friendly always willing to help and assist
Most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work among
a team of great people
Fast paced environment
Specialist / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON / Ottawa ONJuly 7, 2016
Always such a great staff to work with generally, this helped a lot as Zara usually had high traffic daily. They hire a wide variety of people from different cultures and with different lives. this made it interesting and fun as well .
Pros
opportunity
Cons
Hours/Pace
Working at ZARA as a Cashier and Sales Associate
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2016
A typical day at work included opening and closing cash registers, processing returns, exchanges, online orders, cash and credit discrepancies, and transfers. You would also process holds, damaged items, and alterations. You had to keep a continuous knowledge of the products and customer demands and maintain the fitting rooms. Most of all, you had to assist customers with any questions, concerns, and requests. You would have to maintain and replenish merchandise on the sales floor.
I learned that you have to be patient with customers and manage your time wisely. You have to stay calm because it can be a hectic environment sometimes. You have to really pay attention to the merchandise because it changes weekly.
The management was amazing in my opinion. They were understanding, efficient, smart, and made sure that you are being trained properly.
The co-workers were fun, young, helpful, and passionate.
The hardest part of the job is trying not to be overwhelmed in the beginning. Dealing with angry customers is also hard. You just have to grin and bear it and deal with the problem as best to your abilities.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the beautiful clothes. It made me appreciate fashion and the hard work that goes behind it. Working at Zara helped me gain confidence in my abilities and helped me realize my potential.
Very different environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 2, 2016
Fast paced environment- managers taught a lot about business aspect of retail.
engaged in recruitment and selection processes
hardest part were the hours and travelling over an hour and a half in snow storms to get to work for 7am
Worst place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2016
Management is the worst, they are very rude and HR is not useful. You can never complain about the manager to the HR because they don't do anything about it. So if the manager doesn't like you then you will be in trouble.
A perfect and stable part-time job for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJuly 24, 2016
Zara provided employees with great accommodations and hours to fit their lifestyle, and had tasks that brought retail to a new level, keeping the job fresh and interesting every day.
What a great company
Men's Wear (sales) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Zara is a wonderful company, I have been fortunate enough to be a part of a great group of people representing an amazing brand. I would recommend anyone looking to be a part of an amazing retail experience to join Zara.
I luvd it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2016
I loved working at Zara it was unlike every other retail nightmare. The managers were supportive and understanding and extremely helpful, the coworkers friendly, fun to work with. It was a great environment which promoted a well rounded routine in the workplace and provided great opportunities to learn more and advance as you see fit.
Fun workplace and great people
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  square oneMarch 11, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-worker and a positive environment, The hardest part of the job was getting there on time because I live in a different city. It would take me two hours to get there,
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
To far