Zara Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
high fashion volume
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: hour lunches, unpaid, good amount of break
Cons: commute to work, tasks that consisted all day
- on sales floor, maintaining zone, replenish and run items every hour, help customers
- introduced to stock duties
- management team was very bad, very unprofessional
- mutual with all co-workers
- commute to work
- meeting new people, always on the go
Sales Associate/Cashier
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), North York, ONOctober 20, 2015
Pros: Different Shifts
Cons: Working holidays
Typical day at work would be assisting customers with any items, whether it be for a, friend ,loved one, child ,or even them with merchandise. I learned that working in retail requires patience and time making sure customers are happy. The hardest part of my job would be customers that are not happy with promotions or prices why not being able to buy the company's product. Most enjoyable part would be putting together a outfit that the customer really liked and purchased.
Stressful
Customer Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 19, 2015
Zara has very poor management. They do not care about their workers and the managers really only care about the sales and how well the stores do as a whole. The one good thing about Zara is that you have really good coworkers. A lot of time and effort is put into working at Zara but there are really no benefits. You get minimum wage plus commission, but you do not get a raise unless you have a set full time position like merchandising or specialists. Managers have the tendency to not care about you and only think about the sales and sometimes they doubt you as well. They expect a lot from us and even when we are doing the best we can, they expect more just for the company it self. There are a lot of responsibilities that you have but there are no benefits. The amount of work we are given to do is not worth the amount of pay we get. The only thing good about this company is that you get to work with the best coworkers and that is it.
Ok
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2016
ENJOYED, working with my co-workers. everyday is a different day. Management supports the employees when it comes to customers.
Productive, career based environment, great people to work with.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Overall I would recommend Zara to anyone looking to gain good experience in the retail fashion which ever changing. Zara really keeps up with the runway and is great when it comes to staff promotion.
Worst place for pt/students
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2016
Pros: nothing
- management has their favourites hence others are treated very poorly
- not a good place to work at if you are in school (they're not flexible with hours)
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2016
Always busy and we are a team no matter what.
a lot of room to grow. always keep a positive mind and work hard and it will be recognized and appreciated.
I luvd it
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2016
I loved working at Zara it was unlike every other retail nightmare. The managers were supportive and understanding and extremely helpful, the coworkers friendly, fun to work with. It was a great environment which promoted a well rounded routine in the workplace and provided great opportunities to learn more and advance as you see fit.
Fun workplace and great people
Stock Associate (Former Employee), square oneMarch 11, 2016
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: To far
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-worker and a positive environment, The hardest part of the job was getting there on time because I live in a different city. It would take me two hours to get there,
What a great company
Men's Wear (sales) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Zara is a wonderful company, I have been fortunate enough to be a part of a great group of people representing an amazing brand. I would recommend anyone looking to be a part of an amazing retail experience to join Zara.
el clasico
Unpacking & stoking clerk (Former Employee), santa ana, el salvadorFebruary 16, 2016
Pros: beaitull view of the lake
Cons: didnt like working at the weekends
el clasico restaurant is a very elegant restaurant where i got to have the experience of cashier and a waitress also cleaning, a very environmental place with sports, parties and dance
active and fun work place
Employee (Former Employee), toronto eaton centerMarch 17, 2016
at zara everyone grows on you and makes you feel like family. its a positive place and very outgoing and has a lot of hard workers.
Management has no idea what they're doing.
Sales Associate - Yorkdale Shopping Centre (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Managers forget to put half the staff on the schedule, no one ever answers the phone and just overall unprofessional. Avoid Yorkdale location!
Wonderful experience overall. Great hours. Lots to learn at work though it's a retail environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
Part-time/ Full-time hours. Permanent job. Room to grow. Intense yet a fast-paced work environment. Lots to learn on the job.
A fun fast paced environemnt
Sales associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 24, 2016
A typical day would include replenishment of stock two or three times, serving customers with any issues they may have; this includes clothing advice, or suggesting alternatives.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: flexible hours
The workplace can get really stressful but as long as you have a team supporting you, you'll be fine. The hours are flexible and the workers are fun to be with.
Fun coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: 1 hour break
Cons: rude customers
Working at Zara has been great, i love working there because my coworkers was so friendly and helpful and the company give good flexible hours.
cashier
Sales Assistant and then Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2016
Great edperiance worked at Zara. First I appoint as sales associate then after I appoint as Cashier there. Very ggod staff as well as all the managers there
Valuable customer service skills, little room for advancement, repetitive, retail.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: discounts, employees
Cons: some customers, little room for advancement, rigid
As a sales associate a typical day would be providing support to customers, keeping the store tidy and pushing sales. I learned useful customer service techniques to better push sales as well as how to respond to irate customers. Management varied from helpful and personable to less than. Coworkers for the most part were great, they were helpful and after a few months working there they felt like old friends.
Hardest part of the job was the irate customers, it was often, and little flexibility and support from management.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with most customers as well as employees.
The place to learn more about team work.
Stock Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Has been wonderful experience working long hours under pressure with a team that has your back and truly works as a team. with well trained managers implementing companies culture in best way possible.
Headquarters