Zara

Zara Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
worst place ever
sales assistant (Former Employee), zara irelandApril 7, 2014
Pros: nobody cares if u finish your job or not
Cons: bad management, bad staff discount, worst uniform, bad salary, no weekends off, etc....
Just today I had to began for a new uniform . My trousers are ripped and my shirt missing buttons.
good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2014
fun, productive, on-the-go environment. Okay experience overall.
amaizing enviroment amaizing clothes and good people.
saleslady and cashierr servise (Former Employee), Athens, ONFebruary 24, 2014
I went to work every day dressed nicely when everything was coming to me something like buy without thinking about it at all .... I really liked communicating with customers....my manager a amaizing person with a lot of humor..I loved going to the job I had very anargy and really happy
Best Paying Retail Store Ever.
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Yorkdale MallFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: amazing pay for a retail store better as you grow within the company, amazing benefits for full time employees, guaranteed hours, always busy
Cons: lack of respect, lack of co-existence, lack of friendliness, not too flexible with availabilities, human resources best interest is for management not the general staff
Opening tills for the correspondent department, supervising other cashiers, typing out and delivering memos to all departments in the store, merchandising, filing paper work, keeping counter clutter free, assorting damages of the store, responsible of sending out to seamstress small fixable damages.

Was able to learn everything regarding the retail – more... industry, minimum banking and depositing information, improving peoples'skills, improved computer skills, inventory input, a fast cashier, fast counting for opening and closing tills.

Co-workers extremely friendly and professional.

Management varies, overall professional, do not talk to employees besides work related demands, did not co-exist with employees would never be seen talking, hanging out or eating lunch with them either, if this was the case they could possibly get in trouble by head office which is a staff that consisted of people from Spain not well informed of Canadian Law and Human Rights.
Encouragement to be tough and hard on staff was acceptable and taught by those in higher positions, wearing make up was promoted for girls, diversity among appearance for men not quite.

The long hours , closing one night and opening the day after was absolutely one of the hardest things to deal with and not being respected by those in higher positions, yelling at staff, speaking in a condescending manner , being judged by overall appearance and never acknowledging the good work and efforts just constantly hearing the bad on a daily basis. A very interesting, surreal and terrible formula to achieve the improvement of skills and motivation of the staff, which caused many people to walk out.

Learning about the latest runway trends and working around such beautiful pieces and clothes was a nice experience if you enjoy that field of customer service, great Christmas parties. – less
variety of tasks
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2013
never a dull moment at winners. There were many things to do, and a great staff team.
Not very happy working with.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: loved to work with other mamgers at same level.
Cons: hard work wasn't recognised
Messages coming from upper level were not very clear. Hard work wasn't recognised.
the worst company in the world
sales (Former Employee), CanadaDecember 6, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: no respect
A store and head office run by uneducated snotty middle management girls who refer to the employees as "stupid brainless people". There is no respect towards the employee, they preach about safety when the backroom is prepared for accidents (the emergency exit is blocked by boxes and trash).

– January 9, 2013

They pay min wage, and want you work like they pay a max wage. They treat you like a child and management are snotty. I have heard management call employees idiots behind their backs and cutomers stupid at several stores I worked at, so I guess it comes from the top management, because it's the same everywhere you go. The turn over there is greater than any other retail store I have ever worked at and I have worked for a few. They don't give you hours, so some times you find yourself going to other stores, where emplyees quit.

productive and fun workplace
Sales Person (Former Employee), tehranSeptember 12, 2012
working with customer, I learned how to deal with different types of customer.managing time and skills. being fast and quick in responding to customers. providing necessary information they need in order to serve them better
Great colleagues to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: store wide commisions
Cons: frequent changes in personnel
Working in this company provided me with many people that I could identify with as a team. Everyone was very helpful towards each other and this made it a pleaseant place to work at.

Management at the store level was always changing and it was at times depressing when managers that you have built a bond with had to work at another location. Additionally, – more... frequent turnovers meant that many friends that you have established were slowly going away.

This job was demanding in that it always felt that the store was understaffed, but this also brought with it a challenge that provided motivation to excel in daily operations where our results were shown to us by our managers on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis regarding our sales targets. – less
While worked at ZARA,I learn a lot
Sales Associates (Former Employee), Dubai, DUAugust 9, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches
Cons: example: long hours
I worked as sales associates in ZARA mall of the
emirates, DUBAI (2004 till 2009) Azadea group llc Dubai. Total 5 1/2 years of experience in ZARA Stores.

- Over five and off years of retail management experience

- Ability to effectively hire, train, and manage staff

- Scheduling, reports, and inventory

- Extensive work with visual standards and – more... merchandising, I have excellent communication skills. I always maintain a gracious and professional manner when communicating with people, including customers and store staff. My broad experience and range of skills make me a superior candidate for this position – less
Busy Work Environment
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 9, 2014
Pros: learn a lot. promotes from within. salaried employees get great healthcare, 4 weeks paid vacation.
Cons: long hours, demanding work environment, spotty management
Overall I'd say I've had a pretty good experience in my time at the company, but with that said, know that you will work hard. The company expects a lot out of everyone from sales associates to management. The work can be very stressful and demanding, and your focus will shift from minute to minute.

As a Visual Merchandiser you're tasked with creating – more... and managing the overall look of the department, and the company has very strict guidelines and standards. Brand image trumps everything, and corporate tries to ensure the person handling these responsibilities is well supported. The compensation can sometimes take awhile though.

Store management can be tricky. I've had very supportive managers who work with the staff as a team, and very bad managers who didn't really do their jobs, which in turn affects everything in the store.

If you can roll with a demanding environment and show initiative, you will move up. The company is very big on promoting from within, and transferring employees to different locations. – less
during the work no fun .
Team Leader (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRApril 9, 2014
Pros: medicals
Cons: 3 days
i was ten time star performer regularly . customer relation, team management, sometime worked without weekly off . after achieve the target fun with the team member .
exciting, innovative, motivating, fashion and customer focused
Department Manager (Current Employee), Watford, ENGApril 4, 2014
- team briefing on sales and tasks, analysing daily reports and reacting to figures and business needs, planning floor moves with the merchandiser, analysing new product, maintaining the floor image according to the brand's image and while doing all of this providing a high standard of customer service;
- I have learned and developed most of my skills – more... withing the company as I have worked and progressed within Zara during my 6 years of working there;
- I have worked with amazing people that tought me a lot about dedication and passion for the company; I have learned to be part of a fantastic huge team and work towards achieving goals;
- the hardest part of the job was that many times the store was unstable due to not having all management positions covered and had to adapt to this situations and still ensure the teams were motivated and the store would run smoothly;
- I have loved my experience at Zara, I feel I have learned a lot during my time here, the company is very customer focused, driven towards success and constantly updating and innovating itself. Its also amazing how fast it reacts to the fashion trends and to the customers needs and feedback. – less
slave trade dont care about theyre workers
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 1, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch break, co-workers, good pay at first, get to see whats new when it first comes in
Cons: worst management, slave-trade, not enough workers, wack discount
a typical day at work for me was tragic always consist of doing double or triple the work because of lazy co-workers, pressure from the managers, shortage of workers

never left on time always had to stay a hour or more pass than what my scheduled shift was

get promoted due to who you know and how close you are with the managers not due to your work – more... ethnic

management at first were trying to be the best of friends with the workers then when stuff hit the fan they tried to be professional which caused a lot of tension and nonsense

my co-workers were one of the best groups of people that I've ever met in life not necessarily everyone but I did have a good portion

most enjoyable part of the job was actually having fun while working – less
fast passed rewarding
head cashier mens wear (Former Employee), Windsor, ENGMarch 22, 2014
Pros: new responsbilties, trustworthy and relaxed
Cons: busy hours when short, early starts for delivery
tills are set up ready for the day
learned how to manage staff and work with managment, till operating and cash handling correctly
realiable managers
helpful co-workers
when short staffed was hard but mostly enjoyed pleasing the customer and making sure they walked out wanting to come back again.
Productive and busy
Casual Sales & stock assistant (Current Employee), Melbourne, HighpointMarch 20, 2014
Pros: variety of skills learnt
Cons: long shifts, as many shifts in a row
Zara's a fast paced work environment from the start of your shift to the end. Persistence and patience are key motivators to get through your day. Every day is different; one you could be changing clothes on the floor or the next you could be helping out the stock room, so you learn a variety of skills as a casual sales assistant. The people you work – more... around are all great and help you get through the long 8.5 hour shifts you would normally be rostered on for. These shifts could be two days in a row or up to eight days in a row so that can be difficult but the feeling of accomplishment after every shift is indescribable. The most enjoyable part of working for Zara is learning co-ordination of fashion and problem solving with this task as well as knowing the latest fashion. – less
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2014
A typical day at Zara consisted of working on the sales floor and or cash register, I learned how to communicate with others, handle the register, and be keen to details. My co-workers and management made my experience working at Zara very educational, productive and yet fun. The hardest part of my job was closing the store and the most enjoyable part – more... of my job the ability to learn from my superiors. – less
Worse place I worked!!
Sales assistant (Former Employee), UkMarch 17, 2014
Pros: 1 hour dinner but not paid for i guess! and 15% discount on clothing!
Cons: management don't care about staff your classed as a number!
Firstly management don't care about you one bit if your sick or need time off work they don't want to no!! There quick to give out warnings when you been off sick too much!! Never ever worked for such a petty company,just don't bother working for them,the only best thing about it is the discount you get....
Only good if you are in desperate need of money
Sale and Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 16, 2014
Pros: pays well at first.
Cons: managers take their frustration on the associates.
Management is horrible. lack of appreciation for workers. and lack of staff which leads to over stressing the associates.
Productive and busy
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 15, 2014
Pros: automatic comission
A typical day working at this company was fun and very fast past. Always busy with diverse customers.The hardest part is being perfect at multi--tasking but the most enjoyable part is the atmosphere, energy and pleasant customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Zara

Zara is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer based in Arteixo, Galicia, and founded in 1975 by Amancio Ortega and Rosalía – Read more