Zara Employee Reviews

Great work for a part time job with awesome colleagues
Brand Representative/Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Eaton center, Toronto, Ontario3 October 2016
I was working in Zara for almost 2 years as a part time job. My experience there was great as i had very nice colleagues and managers. Usually i had 8 hours shifts before or after my classes at university, or i had shifts during weekends. management was very nice and helpful during training and even after that. the most enjoyable part of my job was socializing with costumers and having co-workers at an age range close to mine.
Pros
great environment
Cons
health care, minimum wage
Be ready to do everything
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 September 2016
In Zara, I learned that we had to deal with everything. Customer service, cash, inventory, cleaning. If you are a person who likes to keep busy at all times and like to push yourself further. and if you work well under pressure, this job is for you.
Pros
team is like family
Cons
stressful
If you want to work somewhere that you are unappreciated, underpaid, and overlooked, Zara is the place!
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2016
Initially I thought Zara would be an exciting environment, where I could really express my fashion creativity. The reality is drab uniforms, and incredibly disorganized management. They bait you into thinking that you have a real opportunity growing with the company but it never becomes a tangible possibility. You feel like you burden your superiors when you ask them for basic employer duties, such as benefits or vacation pay, but they always take ages to get back to you. And yet they demand your hard work in return.

It's high paced retail, and therefore extremely taxing, but you are taught incomparable mental fortitude and work ethic.
Pros
Lunch break is 1 hour per every 8 hour shift
Cons
Long hours, management doesn't release schedules until 3 days before the coming week, very demanding work environment, little praise and lots of criticisms
Zara is a good place to work thay protect employer and customer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Damascus7 December 2016
The work was relatively easy and did not require too much effort. I got along well with my managers and other coworkers. The commissions was done globally so there was not competition between coworkers.
Pros
1 hour
Cons
5 hours
Fun workplace
St-Bruno, (Qc) (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC5 July 2016
- Offered customers with exemplary and timely service
- Merchandised, restocked and maintained Sales floor
- Assisted supervisors to identify and resolve issues in the stores
- Met and exceeded sales goals
- Recommended alternative purchase choices
- Addressed loss prevention issues immediately
Pros
Working culture
Cons
No commission
Fast paced job that's super stressful but has decent benefits
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
Usually understaffed and hours frequently get cut right before your shift or during your shift. Store is usually a mess. Benefits include free uniform, 25% off discount and shared commission (usually ranging between an extra 1 or 2 dollars an hour).
Pros
25% discount card, free uniform, shared commission
Cons
not enough hours, fast paced, understaffed
peace place
Cashier-Operations (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2016
zara is best place I had learned so many experience based on customer service and management . I have great team at zara who can help me when I need support, as every job zara has hard side as well, as customer service; biggest point of the company .. Working on , and always get the result for customer to work as team , most enjoyable part of the job every day every time we get the know so many new things and u are able to get to work as multitasking . the best thing is about zara company, it helps u learn as a team and u get the way the solve the problems in case u want to handle it .
Pros
free gift card every chistmas
Fast paced environment
Specialist / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON / Ottawa ON7 July 2016
Always such a great staff to work with generally, this helped a lot as Zara usually had high traffic daily. They hire a wide variety of people from different cultures and with different lives. this made it interesting and fun as well .
Pros
opportunity
Cons
Hours/Pace
Worst place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2016
Management is the worst, they are very rude and HR is not useful. You can never complain about the manager to the HR because they don't do anything about it. So if the manager doesn't like you then you will be in trouble.
Supportive environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2016
Great to enhance sales skills. This employment opportunity has provided me with the necessary skills to assist me in future employment. I have learned various skills.
A perfect and stable part-time job for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 July 2016
Zara provided employees with great accommodations and hours to fit their lifestyle, and had tasks that brought retail to a new level, keeping the job fresh and interesting every day.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2016
Very friendly environment
Management very helpful and always pushing you to do you're best
Learned to work in a fast-paced high-impact environment
Co-workers extremely friendly always willing to help and assist
Most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work among
a team of great people
Very different environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 June 2016
Fast paced environment- managers taught a lot about business aspect of retail.
engaged in recruitment and selection processes
hardest part were the hours and travelling over an hour and a half in snow storms to get to work for 7am
productive
visual commercial (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 May 2016
always on youre feet learning something new everyday. great team. must be quick and hardworking. advanced technology. learn a lot about business and marketing. management is great
I luvd it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2016
I loved working at Zara it was unlike every other retail nightmare. The managers were supportive and understanding and extremely helpful, the coworkers friendly, fun to work with. It was a great environment which promoted a well rounded routine in the workplace and provided great opportunities to learn more and advance as you see fit.
Did not enjoy this job.
Sales Associate - Department Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC1 June 2016
I found the company not very good to work for. The management was very disorganized and did not seem to know what they were doing.
Wonderful experience overall. Great hours. Lots to learn at work though it's a retail environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2016
Part-time/ Full-time hours. Permanent job. Room to grow. Intense yet a fast-paced work environment. Lots to learn on the job.
high fashion volume
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2016
- on sales floor, maintaining zone, replenish and run items every hour, help customers
- introduced to stock duties
- management team was very bad, very unprofessional
- mutual with all co-workers
- commute to work
- meeting new people, always on the go
Pros
hour lunches, unpaid, good amount of break
Cons
commute to work, tasks that consisted all day
Fun workplace and great people
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  square one11 March 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-worker and a positive environment, The hardest part of the job was getting there on time because I live in a different city. It would take me two hours to get there,
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
To far
What a great company
Men's Wear (sales) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2016
Zara is a wonderful company, I have been fortunate enough to be a part of a great group of people representing an amazing brand. I would recommend anyone looking to be a part of an amazing retail experience to join Zara.