ZARA Employee Reviews

A Good Retail Learning Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 December 2017
I learned a lot about being in the retail industry and it gave me a different experience outside of my usual "Tim Hortons" atmosphere. I learned a lot about myself in the short six months I was there. The hardest part about working at Zara was definitely learning to shy away from drama of other co workers and be professional. I really enjoyed being part of the team though, all in all because at the end of the day, it was nice to be able to have a good job where you know what you're doing. I found it easy to catch on to the expectations, which made my job enjoyable. I was confident while working there as well.
Basic Retail Position
Sales Associate position for a brand retailer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2017
It is a good starter job; you get an idea of how retail works and how customer service works. There are minimal to no benefits aside from store discounts; would recommend to those who have no experience in retail.
Stressful but dynamic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2017
It is not a life work, but is worth it for a while. You learn a lot also. Long hours of work. Managers benefit the people that they like most. The schedules are not fair.
Great Company to Grow
Warehouse General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
Great start up Place. Always give opportunity to hard working and dedicated staff to grow. Company provides good benefit plan and 4 week of paid vacation at management level.
cashier
Stock person/stock room (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2017
i like to be on cash and as a cashier its fun to be honest its alright whatever they put me i would do my best as employer. i was so exited to work at zara because its a good brand
organized and many hours
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North York, ON10 November 2017
Working at Zara was an eye opener to a working in a high pace high volume environment in the customer service industry. Zara has taught me how to work under pressure in difficult situations while maintaining a professional work environment.
Pros
Cons
job security
Great Culture
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 November 2017
Every morning, we would have group discussions based on the new products that we got or current events such as Grammy's, Oscar's and Superbowl. I learned how to micro manage a stock room.
Hard work for very little compensation
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 November 2017
Working at Zara, employees had to deal with very harsh customers. Always high volume without the proper amount of staff required. Very demanding workplace.
Good employer
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamburg7 November 2017
Zara is a very good employer, treats employees great and fair.
Tasks include: customer service, store maintenance, inventory, opening and/or closing of shop
Fun workplace and fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2017
Although Management was poor the staff was very friendly
It is a very inclusive job but hard to maintain
Costumers are rude
the most enjoyable part was learning new things
Pros
fun staff
ce que j'ai appris
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 October 2017
En travaillant chez Zara j'ai pu parfaire mes connaissances en vente
Pros
Équipe dynamique
Cons
sécuriter
Great place for first time experience in the fashion retail
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2017
Yes, the workload is demanding and it can be always busy at high volume stores. But there's also a lot of things to learn and challenge you to grow if you have the aptitude and the attitude. The product is ever-evolving and on trend, as are the technologies and processes in the business.
That being said, there's an element of luck to being in the right location and getting noticed to move up in the company. Also required is a large degree of being popular with head office and appearing to do great work, so be prepared to schmooze, take credit as much as possible, and deflect blame as much as possible. The culture needs to change.
Pros
Great experience, cutting edge processes/technology, growing company, good product
Cons
Bad corporate culture, disproportionate compensation to valuable work done
worst job i've ever had
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 October 2017
Zara treats their employees like slaves, the management has no respect for anyone. Typical day at work includes replenishing the floor with clothes and helping customers get what they need. If you are cash trained you also work on cash. On truck days, unpacking boxes and putting everything out is essential for every employee. Work is work and that is fine but the fact that the managers don't contribute in making a friendly atmosphere for everyone really sucks. Even co-workers are miserable and rude. If I could rate zara a 0, I would.
Pros
Cons
long hours, bad management, minimum wage
Great Place to work
Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 October 2017
Great company to learn from, they teach you so many skills and how to be good at everything. Very fashion forward and trendy. Very respectful place to work.
very productive work envrironement
sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 October 2017
I worked at ZARA for over a year and in that year had no problems with management staff. I did not enjoy the management staffs attitude towards their employees but the one redeeming quality of working at ZARA was that you got to work with people that are like minded. A lot of ZARA employees are into high/fast fashion and you can really learn a lot from them. While working there you don't really have to push any sort of customer service, you can just let them do their thing and not nag them which is something a lot of people have come to appreciate.
Great work experience
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 October 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Zara despite not having much knowledge about the company prior I learned a lot very quickly and grew to love the store.
fun place but always busy
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
I learned how to provide customer service, how to handle cash, and working as a member of team. it is an amazing experience. very friendly atmosphere. specially the morning meetings with all the team works and plays. the hardest part is to provide good customer service during sale season when there are not enough staff on the floor.
good
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
it was a very fast paced, and busy store but good pay and atmosphere. They were advanced in the technology using iPads to locate merchandise and orders, which was very easy for us employees
Productive and fun environment to be in.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 September 2017
The most enjoyable part being a sales associate is the employees you work with also great discounts and you'll learn to have a sense of fashion. What makes the job difficult is dealing with customers who are impatient and the odd time rude. Working at the Burlington location, management is fantastic, especially with student schedules.
Pros
really good with student schedules
Cons
long hours and frustrating customers
Cashier/Sales Associate
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ON5 September 2017
Only resigned because I was travelling for over a month. Loved my co-workers, my managers were easy to talk to, the overall atmosphere was great, and the hours weren't so bad.

I usually opened. Usually with full-timers. Clean up, organize the cash desk, open cash, make sure the floor is clean, then have morning meeting with the team that morning. Theyd discuss how the store has been doing, managers communicate to the staff about what needs to be done that day. Morning meetings are great because they prepare the staff for the day.

Closing was a lot more fun than opening because I'm working with part-timers/students my age. Closing cash and making sure the floor is clean.

During the day, the most stressful part is making sure the floor is clean (running fits) while helping out customers especially during Sale. As a cashier, you'd have to deal with a lot of customer complaints.

Great training ground. Great first job.
Pros
co-workers, great atmosphere, ok discount
Cons
Long hours during sale, short hours during the slow months, head office is intimidating, they should change the music, the two-week vacation rule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.