ZARA Employee Reviews

fun and busy place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 July 2017
fun place and a lot of people of diff cultures come here and I personally recommend it but the work hours are not great and the schedules are not set prperly
Emploi enrichissant
Caissière / service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC5 July 2017
En travaillant pour ZARA, j'ai appris sur la compagnie Inditex ainsi que leurs partenaires. sur les types de tissus, le merchandising et la vente.
L'équipe était très agréable et les employés professionnels.

J'ai également acquis plus de patience et d'entregent en travaillant au service à la clientèle. Le travail sous pression est maintenant une partie de mon quotidien, mais la pression ne me dérange pas, je la supporte maintenant très bien.

Mes horaires de travail s'insèrent parfaitement dans mon horaire d'école, qui est plutot léger. Pendant les périodes de vacances d'école, j'ai travaillé temps plein et appris comment le magasin fonctionnait vraiment - quelles étaient les tâches hebdomadaires - ce que je ne voyais pas nécessairement en travaillant les soirs et fin de semaine.

Somme toute, mon expérience chez ZARA est enrichissante.
Pros
Rabais de 25% et possibilité de transfert dans les autres magasins
Pretty Decent Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON2 July 2017
It's not too bad to work, but retail is hectic on its own. So if you don't mind fast pace and hectic work environments, this place isn't too bad at all.
Great workplace to grow your network
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 June 2017
A typical day at work will consist of serving customers, making sure the space is nice and tidy as well as consistently replenishing the floor with products.
Pros
Grow your network by meeting a lot of interesting people
Cons
not enough room for advancement
Fun
Cashier- Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Zara is great job if you get the right mangers that know how to have fun and know how to balance work and your soical work. Working at zara is not hard every job is pretty fair
Chaos
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2017
Overall working at Zara made me never want to set foot in the store again. Management at the time was very unorganized and made it seem like it was ones own fault. They treat their employees like trash always talking down being very condescending and rude when you didn't even deserve it. The store was always very messy and chaotic as well as long overdue for a renovation. Clean up was a nightmare although this was the customers fault because they would just throw things all over the place and their wasnt enough presence on the floor to deal with these matters until close. the most enjoyable part was that I met some truly friendly people but I also met all sorts of liars and people that would smile at you and steal your employee card, as well as $25 christmas cards.
Pros
Good pay and good hours when you're needed
Cons
Rude management, poor work-life balance
Good coworkers terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2017
Ok place to start in retail...truck days felt like slavery days especially considering the mall didn't turn the a/c on till the mall opened so imagine doing truck in a hot store especially during the summer. The amount of work that has to be put in for the dollas they pay you I don't think is worth it. Their thing is you don't question the managers which I don't think is right cause sometimes the managers don't even know what they're doing and they like to pick and choose who they want to be nice to and if they don't like you good luck! They ask you to do a million things at once like your a robot or something.
Pros
Coworkers and the discount
Very bad management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 May 2017
Management was always all over the place making it very hard to work there. The managers were always snobby and full of themselves. Always blamed everyone else for their mistakes. Very judgemental and there was lots of gossip.
Interesting working environment with interesting people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2017
I worked at ZARA for over a year and in that year had no problems with management staff, although some of the managers are very stuck up and arrogant. I did not enjoy the management staffs attitude towards their employees but the one redeeming quality of working at ZARA was that you got to work with people that are like minded. A lot of ZARA employees are into high/fast fashion and you can really learn a lot from them. While working there you don't really have to push any sort of customer service, you can just let them do their thing and not nag them which is something a lot of people have come to appreciate.
Pros
Long break.
Cons
Poor management staff attitude
sales man
Sales for Zara (Former Employee) –  Kuwait3 May 2017
ZARA MEN
middle east area ( Kuwait )
worked there for almost one year.
it was kind of easy because ZARA is big brand so there is no need to convince people to buy .
bien
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 April 2017
très bon environnement de travail , qui est jovial
Fun and good environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockland, NB17 April 2017
I enjoyed my part time job in a retail store because it helped me gained experience in customer service. The best part of my job was helping the customer pick clothes and navigate in the store.
Ok place to work
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2017
fast paced - don't expect to grow in your customer service skills - management's main concern is reaching store $$ goals. Not bad overall, if you are interested in working in retail, Zara is not a bad place to start.
Productive and inovative
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2017
To develop by yourself, improve the working skill, Enjoyable workplace, setting goal and objective for the store, learning the how Can I sell professionally
Unorganized Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2017
I found that other coworkers were not interested in providing the customers with a pleasant experience and did the absolute minimum. I also found that management was highly unorganized.
Diverse Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale Toronto2 April 2017
Very diverse, the workers are fun and easy to get along with. Management needs to improve by A LOT! It's like they expect you to put work before your health and family. Strict uniform policy. You have to have very high patience, especially at the Yorkdale location because the costumers you get there are past disrespectful. Have to be okay with running upstairs and downstairs to get merchandise from back stock for customers, especially if you are a runner, and staying on your feet for long hours. Despite management and the uniform, the hours were good and your co's help you make it through the day.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Mangement
The pinacle of enslavement
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2017
ZARA is definitely a place where your success is measured by your actions. That is what the company like to promote, to which they are right. What they fail to mention is just what you actually have to do to complete those actions. As a salary based job, they like to ensure that you are up to your eye balls with work, that is at times, impossible to fit into a 8 hour work day. Not to mention the closing times and opening times that you have to abide by.
The work culture is either you survive or not, regardless of how little training you got.
And the worst part of it all, is that the company indulges in intimidating their staff, making them feel inferior, and setting extremely unattainable goals and expectations.

Definitely not a job for the masses. But there are a select percent that do like this work environment. And to those I say, best of luck.
Pros
Comissions
Cons
Exsessive work hours, bad management, little training, extensive work
Fun and easy-going workplace
Department/Senior Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2017
I have been employed at ZARA for a few years, and there has not been a day where I've despised working there. All the employees and management generally get along - fairly good communication on a day to day basis. When an employee is unsure of a task, they are able to ask a fellow coworker for help. Shifts fly by as both a cashier and a sales associate on a busy day. We're able to talk to a wide variety of customers. Saying this, we also learn to deal with difficult customers. At the end of the day, everyone works together to get the store clean and all our tasks done.
Pros
Manageable hours, fun work environment
Cons
Difficult customers
Positive work environment with opportunities to learn
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC1 February 2017
In the few months I worked at Zara I learned a great deal about retail and made lasting relationships with my co-workers. Depending on the department (mens, womens, kids, operations) the amount of workload will vary. Working in the men's department allowed me to gain experience and knowledge about fashion without the hectic atmosphere found in the women's department.
Pros
Discount, good location, young staff
Cons
productive and fun place to work in.
Stock Boy (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 January 2017
it's always fun coming to work with people who love the job Zara. Is a educated job where you can leard how to be productive & have fun at the same time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.