Zara

Zara Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Experience and lesson learned.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2014
Pros: 15 % off in all zara items
Cons: no guaranteed hours
Too much work but they will make you tough and better person personally.
Amazing workplace with room to grow
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioMay 29, 2014
Working at Zara is exhilarating. All the work you do is hands on which gives you an abundant amount of experience. You are able to communicate openly with the head office team so you feel like you are part of a team. Everyone is hard working, allowing there to be always room to move up and grow in the company.
Valuable customer service skills, little room for advancement, repetitive, retail.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: discounts, employees
Cons: some customers, little room for advancement, rigid
As a sales associate a typical day would be providing support to customers, keeping the store tidy and pushing sales. I learned useful customer service techniques to better push sales as well as how to respond to irate customers. Management varied from helpful and personable to less than. Coworkers for the most part were great, they were helpful and – more... after a few months working there they felt like old friends.
Hardest part of the job was the irate customers, it was often, and little flexibility and support from management.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with most customers as well as employees. – less
worst place ever
sales assistant (Former Employee), zara irelandApril 7, 2014
Pros: nobody cares if u finish your job or not
Cons: bad management, bad staff discount, worst uniform, bad salary, no weekends off, etc....
Just today I had to began for a new uniform . My trousers are ripped and my shirt missing buttons.
good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2014
fun, productive, on-the-go environment. Okay experience overall.
amaizing enviroment amaizing clothes and good people.
saleslady and cashierr servise (Former Employee), Athens, ONFebruary 24, 2014
I went to work every day dressed nicely when everything was coming to me something like buy without thinking about it at all .... I really liked communicating with customers....my manager a amaizing person with a lot of humor..I loved going to the job I had very anargy and really happy
Best Paying Retail Store Ever.
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Yorkdale MallFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: amazing pay for a retail store better as you grow within the company, amazing benefits for full time employees, guaranteed hours, always busy
Cons: lack of respect, lack of co-existence, lack of friendliness, not too flexible with availabilities, human resources best interest is for management not the general staff
Opening tills for the correspondent department, supervising other cashiers, typing out and delivering memos to all departments in the store, merchandising, filing paper work, keeping counter clutter free, assorting damages of the store, responsible of sending out to seamstress small fixable damages.

Was able to learn everything regarding the retail – more... industry, minimum banking and depositing information, improving peoples'skills, improved computer skills, inventory input, a fast cashier, fast counting for opening and closing tills.

Co-workers extremely friendly and professional.

Management varies, overall professional, do not talk to employees besides work related demands, did not co-exist with employees would never be seen talking, hanging out or eating lunch with them either, if this was the case they could possibly get in trouble by head office which is a staff that consisted of people from Spain not well informed of Canadian Law and Human Rights.
Encouragement to be tough and hard on staff was acceptable and taught by those in higher positions, wearing make up was promoted for girls, diversity among appearance for men not quite.

The long hours , closing one night and opening the day after was absolutely one of the hardest things to deal with and not being respected by those in higher positions, yelling at staff, speaking in a condescending manner , being judged by overall appearance and never acknowledging the good work and efforts just constantly hearing the bad on a daily basis. A very interesting, surreal and terrible formula to achieve the improvement of skills and motivation of the staff, which caused many people to walk out.

Learning about the latest runway trends and working around such beautiful pieces and clothes was a nice experience if you enjoy that field of customer service, great Christmas parties. – less
learning how to not take things personally.
Fashion Merchandiser/Salesperson (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 27, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere
I have learned how to be pore passionate and patient than I was before, and also how to not take this personally.
variety of tasks
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2013
never a dull moment at winners. There were many things to do, and a great staff team.
Not very happy working with.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: loved to work with other mamgers at same level.
Cons: hard work wasn't recognised
Messages coming from upper level were not very clear. Hard work wasn't recognised.
the worst company in the world
sales (Former Employee), CanadaDecember 6, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: no respect
A store and head office run by uneducated snotty middle management girls who refer to the employees as "stupid brainless people". There is no respect towards the employee, they preach about safety when the backroom is prepared for accidents (the emergency exit is blocked by boxes and trash).

January 9, 2013

They pay min wage, and want you work like they pay a max wage. They treat you like a child and management are snotty. I have heard management call employees idiots behind their backs and cutomers stupid at several stores I worked at, so I guess it comes from the top management, because it's the same everywhere you go. The turn over there is greater than any other retail store I have ever worked at and I have worked for a few. They don't give you hours, so some times you find yourself going to other stores, where emplyees quit.

Great colleagues to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: store wide commisions
Cons: frequent changes in personnel
Working in this company provided me with many people that I could identify with as a team. Everyone was very helpful towards each other and this made it a pleaseant place to work at.

Management at the store level was always changing and it was at times depressing when managers that you have built a bond with had to work at another location. Additionally, – more... frequent turnovers meant that many friends that you have established were slowly going away.

This job was demanding in that it always felt that the store was understaffed, but this also brought with it a challenge that provided motivation to excel in daily operations where our results were shown to us by our managers on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis regarding our sales targets. – less
the most important job
Sales assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 14, 2014
Pros: amazing environment
Cons: busy sometimes cause it was near harrods
I learnt how work independently and a part of a team. I had a lot of responsabilities but I was happy anyway. I really liked my work.
Fun Part time Job
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Milton Keynes, ENGOctober 14, 2014
Pros: central location
Worked here whilst was looking for a full time job after university.
Nice people and good place to work.
Busy at times and hard to keep tidy.
Polite with clients and fun with colleagues
SALES MAN (Former Employee), Москва, CENOctober 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches and 50% of acomidation
• Welcome customers into the store; initiate the sales process, offer them qualified advise on the available products ,recommend/demonstrate appropriate products; and promote cross selling with a view to meet the customers’ needs.
• Provide professional till point service to close the sale and offer the customers an overall enjoyable shopping experience.
 – more... Handle customer complaints professionally and escalate any serious issues to the Manager for suitable resolution.
• Maintain an up-to-date database of customers visiting the store.
• Communicate to the customers the information on special offers/ sales promotion events.
• Merchandise goods prominently on the shop shelves & display units, replenishing stocks as often as required in conjunction with the Manager and merchandising team. – less
Potential to grow with the company
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee), 34th street herald sqOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great store visual, potential to grow with the company
Cons: not enough staff, overwhelming work flow
Training employees gave me the opportunity to grow with the company. I learned how to do more than I was asked to do. I always looked forward to helping with the floor set or projects with the visual team.
IT was difficult to attend to customers needs because the store got really busy most of the weekends including weekdays.
Management often scheduled – more... less employees to close the floor at night which caused employees to leave really late with overwhelming task to complete.
The most enjoyable part of working at Zara was the creative part of the company. The clothing at zara is funky, unique, and daring which allowed me to start dressing different but comfortable. – less
Fun workplace different personalities
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLOctober 1, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: poor management
-Fast paced
-How to communicate with people who dont speak the same languge as I.
-Poor management
-Very cooperative
-All the restrictions
-Helping the customers
High Volume Retail Experience
Register (Former Employee), San DiegoSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: very limited scheduling flexibility
A lot of interactions with customers and knowledge in fashion know how. Great for gaining information on the latest trends and experience on customizing a retail experience for customers.
Fun and responsible
Sales Associate in Zara (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 25, 2014
My regular work day was very good,it was very important to be on time, i had very good team.My managers were strick but understandable at the same time.
Organised enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Arad, ARSeptember 19, 2014
A place where you can learn a lot of new things, i like the organised and easy sistem of logistics. Also the training provided was very good.

1 2 3 4 5

About Zara

Zara is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer based in Arteixo, Galicia, and founded in 1975 by Amancio Ortega and Rosalía – Read more