Zale Corporation

Zale Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work, learn a lot about gems and stones.
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee), Denver, CoMay 28, 2015
Pros: Fun coworkers, can earn more commission the more you sell.
Cons: Sometimes difficult quotas to meet.
I enjoy working at Zales. I have been offered to move up in the company so there is definitely always an opportunity for growth. The hours are normal 8-9 hour shifts. You are allotted a non-paid lunch break of 30 minutes and two paid 15 minute breaks. The job and the environment is fun and you learn a lot about diamonds and gemstones that is interesting. The pay is decent. The customers are a little difficult to work with at times because you get a lot of high income customers that are not the nicest. You are reviewed based on how much you sell, there are quotas. You are paid hourly plus commission.
Signet
Jewelry Technician/audit coordinator (Current Employee), Irving, TxMay 6, 2015
The former Zale Corporation just was acquiesced by Signet, so it is a new company. Previously Zale is a great company to start a career, but it is very difficult to make advancement within the company. There are two side to the Zale Corp., the business side (white collar) and the assembly side (blue collar), the conversion from assembly worker to business worker is almost impossible.
Nice company
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee), Township of Jackson, NJApril 17, 2015
Benefits used to be better but still ok. Advancement opportunities are quite open. Very high pressure working environment when it comes to achieving goals
Productive and lots of work.
Audit Clerk (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Easy and fun.
Cons: Temp job / Contract work
Scanning items,pulling orders. Learned how to check a invoice. Lovely Management and co-workers. No orders you go home early.
All the different items you see in the warehouse are beautiful.
FUN
Inventory, Cash management, Customer service (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 21, 2015
I love my current job. Working for Zale Corp is fun on a daily basis. I love my customers, coworkers, management staff, and the field of work.
Room for growth. Internal promotions are encouraged!
Store Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 11, 2015
I definitely enjoyed working for Piercing Pagoda/Zales! I love the fact that internal promotions are highly encouraged and associates are assisted with development by district managers.
Good place to work except the management is not right
Help Desk Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: catered lunch
Cons: management, job advancement
Good place to work. Not all supervisors know how to treat you. Starting to become a high turn over call center. Not able to advance because upper management lie on you to keep their jobs secure.
Vendor and Store Support Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 21, 2015
A large international retail corporation that offers real chances to grow professionally. opportunities for career advancement, great colleagues and challenging work environments
A Company Full of Politics
Merchandising Department/ Detail Assistant (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Zale Corporation is a company that rests on corporate politics. The management teams possess so many poor leadership qualities, it makes going to work a nightmare. HR is non existent. Do NOT seek support from the Human Resources staff. They only support upper management and the supervisors. Zale Corporation is pure training ground. They teach you the ropes so you can perform and be successful at another company that really know how to treat and appreciate their EMPLOYEE'S; both hourly and salaried. The turn-over rate is so high with solid reasoning. Zale's has lost so many hard working employee's because of their poor and hostile environment.
Friendly work environment
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee), Beaumont TexasJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great working environment
Cons: short hours, no real advancement possibilites
Overall I really enjoy working at Zale's. We have all become a family and have fun together which makes it enjoyable for guests as well. The only reasons I have for needing to leave is the availability of hours and pay rate. I would recommend this company to anyone wanting a part-time position.
Disorganized Leadership, Relatively Relaxed, Good Pay
Graphics Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good pay, business casual dress
Cons: disorganized infrastructure and leadership, bad work/life balance, recently purchased by another company, uninteresting work
A typical day at work at Zale involves many last minute requests or projects, many of which did not go through existing due-process and were compulsively added last minute by leadership. Miscommunications or lack of communication is rampant, and there is little gauge for things like budgets and timelines (who needs them right?). When I was first hired, I remember a senior accountant looking at me blankly and stating in a hollow voice, "Welcome to the blender." And a blender it has been- chock full of stressful deadlines, tedious busy work, and a good number of duties not on one's job description. The compensation is nice, and the benefits are good. Plenty of people seem to enjoy their jobs and are passionate about what they do and the merchandise they sell. I found out the hard way that working long hours and taking on extra work really doesn't get you ahead, at least in my department. Bonuses were horrid, and there is no room for advancement or professional growth- just piles more work that they expect you to get done (somehow). There is not really a good work/life balance, and one really doesn't often get to see the end result of projects, or get acknowledged for projects well executed. It's the same grey walled circus every day. Unless one loves the jewelry or retail industry, I would say "keep your distance from this place."
I worked with knowledgeable people.
Merchandise Planner/Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2014
I enjoyed being at the corporate office in Irving, TX. I learned a lot about the jewelry retail business.
No advancement
Supervisor of Supply Chain Operations (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great place to work. temp. controlled, clean and organized (in most cases)
Cons: too much stress from higher ups
Well, what can I say.
The company was fun and had a great bunch of employees

Some of the management staff was not quite, well, ethical in their approach to business.
Great Work environment.
JEWELRY CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good company
Pleasant job and company to work for. Builds great sales and communication skills.
Typical retail environment
Department Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 3, 2014
Co-workers worked as a team to achieve goals. Management listened to ideas from salespeople making the feeling of shared goals more tangible.
Success is key
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Irving, TXOctober 7, 2014
As an experienced person in the fields of retail and information technology, I can contribute towards growth of your organization with my knowledge. As a self-motivated individual with good communication skills and leadership qualities, I have the ability to motivate my team members and help them bring out their best.
Great place to work!
Loss Prevention Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Irving, TexasSeptember 13, 2014
This is a wonderful company to work for. They are very professional and go out of their way to make you feel like your are family.
Benefits
Coordinator (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: free covered parking, employee discount
Cons: instability
Poor benefits package. No match to 401k. Unstable work environment. Enjoyed my co-workers.
loved working with my team and manager was the best i've ever had
Store manager, jewelry consultant (Former Employee), round rock , cedar park and temple,txAugust 3, 2014
Pros: working with an amazing team and learning so many new things
Cons: not getting recognition for my team when it was well deserved
I would go into work and open the store. verify all cases had the right amount of pieces. throughout the day I would interact with guests and find the piece of jewelry to celebrate that memory for years to come. I had never worked in the jewelry industry before and had to learn from scratch. my manager that hired me taught me everything I needed to be successful. she was the most amazing boss and person I have ever met. I had the opportunity to manage my own store after just 4 months with the company. I managed a team of 6 people who I then had to train and make successful the same way I had. the hardest part was getting consultants that had been with the company for so many years to respect me and follow new policies. the most enjoyable part was getting to help so many people celebrate memories and important occasions in their lives and seeing how happy it made them.
Not worth the time and efforts
NA (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2014
Been lied to since I started with Zale corporation. From the top down, this company really enjoys lying. I was promised so many things and it never came through, come find out I'm not the only one. I could get over it, but other factors influence my decision on this company that it is not worth any one else's time. You don't need an education here. This job is a career if you okay with easy and not challenging work. The company sets unrealistic goals, and doesn't do a great job marketing.

Jewelry consultant duties, call guests weekly and talk about the promotions every week, sell jewelry, set out new merchandise every week and that's the main stuff. Not much to it. The training is a joke. You have dvds to watch and there slowly making the transition to online courses.

Typical retail schedule, changes every week.

You have to be able to lie, gossip, and expect your boss and or bosses will bad mouth you behind your back. Yes, even the district manager. Seems to be the unprofessional norm here. not much skill needed in this company. It shows from the corporate level down.

Expect to work 32 to 37 hours a week for full time and 10 to 25 hours a week for part time.

The company was just bought by Signet, the company that owns sterling group: Kay's and Jarrod's.

1 2 3 4

About Zale Corporation

Zale Jewelers Dallas-based Zale Jewelers is one of the U.S. operations of Signet Jewelers, making it part of the largest specialty – Read more