Located on the shores of Stave Lake in Mission, BC, just one hour east of Vancouver, Zajac Ranch for Children is situated on over 40 acres of pristine forested land. During the summer months, Zajac Ranch provides camps for children and young adults with chronic, life-threatening and/or debilitating conditions. In the off-season, Zajac Ranch welcomes school groups and private rentals. Revenue raised from site rentals goes to supporting Zajac Ranch for Children summer medical camps.
Programming Staff supervision and management (summer and rental seasons):
- Provide team development, guidance, direction and support
- Assist with recruitment, interviewing, and training of staff team
- Maintain on-call list of programming staff for shoulder season rental needs
- Ensure effective communication between all levels of camp
- Knowing, enforcing, and adhering to policies and procedures
- Conducting mid-summer and end of summer staff evaluations with Camp Director
- Assume the duties of Camp Director when the camp director is absent
- Responsible for scheduling all activities during summer season and for rental groups in shoulder season
- Supervise program development and ensure activity binders are kept up to date
- Maintain an inventory for all activity area materials/equipment/supplies
- Visit each activity area on a regular basis to ensure their safety, and that the activities are fun an engaging for all campers
- Design and implement an appropriate evaluation system to determine whether camp activities effectively meet camp goals.
- Act as “host” to rental groups in shoulder season, providing customer service and hospitality to all guests
- Liaise with Registration Coordinator at Zajac Foundation head office to ensure that preparations are made for each rental group, including programming needs.
- Communicate feedback from guests to head office; continually work to promote positive experiences for everybody who visits the Zajac Ranch
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A firm belief in the value of summer camp for children with special needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in camp administration, recreation, social work, education or related field an asset
- At least 2 years of camp administrative experience.
- Experience working with developmental disabilities, special needs, and behavioural management an asset.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Proficient computer skills; MS Office and CampBrain (camp registration system) an asset, but not required.
- Ability to proactively manage multiple work tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Not for profit experience an asset
- Must have own transportation
- Hold valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C or the ability to obtain.
- Possess and maintain a clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- The Assistant Camp Director/Program Director is required to live on-site; private living quarters will be provided.
Please resume and cover letter stating salary expectations to:
Sheila Smith, Executive Assistant
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Indeed - 17 months ago
Located on the shores of Stave Lake in Mission, BC, just one hour east of Vancouver, Zajac Ranch for Children is situated on over 40 acres...