ZAG Group is a high-growth, high-energy company of big thinkers and big doers. We're long-range innovators who see where markets are going and create new product categories that become the next big wave. Through our expanding international network of sales and distribution, we're building a team to take innovative new products to the global market.
At ZAG Group, our purpose is “...innovating to enhance the way people experience and enjoy their lives”. An entrepreneurial and privately held business, we run multiple business units and brands ranging from natural pharmaceuticals to functional beverages.
After 13 years of success, ZAG Group is poised to revolutionize the beverage industry with the introduction of a number of highly innovative products in some very large markets. With significant internally funded growth three years in a row, our plans include the raising of strategic capital, tripling of staff count, and expanding our global reach.
Our plan is to rapidly develop our brands, grow revenue, reach past 100M, and eventually, sell one or more of our brands for a high exit value. We are seeking HR Generalist effective immediately. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to join a small, highly responsive HR team and strengthen existing HR skills.
Reporting directly to the Director, Human Resources and Administration and is responsible for:
- Partnering closely with Director, HR & Administration to ensure consistent and smooth flow of HR services to candidates, employees and managers
- Help facilitate preparation offer packages and onboarding of new employees
- Support Direct workforce in employee relations and coordinate issues and concerns with Director, Human Resources to effect prompt resolution
- Respond to employee questions regarding human resources policies and procedures
- Prepare, reconcile and distribute key reports; ie: Recruitment report, vacation accruements
- Administer Benefits and Rewards Programs.
- Assist with HR event planning including quarterly events, Lunch & Learns etc.
- Assist in coordination and scheduling of office renovations (workspace planning)
- Coordination and ensuring smooth operation of office equipment and arranging for maintenance of facilities
The HR Generalist is responsible for managing, supporting employee relations, some recruitment, delivering our reward and recognition program, HR reporting, and HR event planning. This role fulfills mid-level responsibilities and interacts closely with employees throughout our organization.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal including pleasant telephone manner
- Ability to deal with a broad range of sensitive and confidential issues courteously, professionally and effectively
- Superior relationship building skills across all levels of organization
- Responsive to employees and hold superior interpersonal and teamwork skills with strong customer service orientation
- Able to prioritize using time management skills and manage multiple, competing tasks in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Possess solid organizational skills, working effectively to deadline
- Independent thinker with high level of attention to detail and accountability
- Possess a strong can do attitude and take hands on approach to deliver superior results
- Hold post-secondary diploma/degree in Human Resources Management; CHRP designation an asset
- 3-5 years of HR/Administrative experience in an entrepreneurial environment preferred;
- Proven exceptional listening skills with focus on conducting needs based conversations to deliver highest quality service
- Have working knowledge of employment legislation including ESA, Human Rights and WorkSafe BC
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word
Highly competitive base +bonus and options
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.zagglobal.com and click on the Join us tab. Please include a cover letter with the top reasons you are the ideal candidate for this position.