ZAG is a high-growth, high energy company of big thinkers and big doers. We're long-range innovators who see where markets are going and create new product categories that become the next wave. Through our expanding international network of sales and distribution, we're building a team to take massive new products to the global market.
At ZAG, our purpose is “...innovating to enhance the way people experience and enjoy their lives”. An entrepreneurial and privately held business, we run multiple business units and brands ranging from natural pharmaceuticals to beverages which sell internationally.
After 10 years of success, ZAG Group is poised to revolutionize the beverage industry with the introduction of a number of highly innovative products in some very large markets. With 75% growth three years in a row, our plans include the raising of significant growth capital, tripling of staff count and expanding our global reach. Our plan to rapidly develop our brands, grow revenue and reach past 100M, and eventually, sell one or more of our brands for a high exit value.
Working in a dynamic and fast paced environment, and reporting to the Operations Manager, the Senior Purchaser will be responsible for supporting and providing direction to the Materials Team to ensure department objects and company goals are met.
-On Time delivery and ensure un-interrupted supply of materials to meet requirements and tackle supplier related performance issues.
-Develop and maintain an effective vendor base to procure various services, equipment, materials, supplies and negotiate procurement details with vendors.
-Source suppliers, develop relationships and effectively work with suppliers, negotiate supply agreements, identify areas of cost improvement opportunities and minimize the cost impact of incoming freight, duties and brokerage costs.
-Determine customer needs and expectations, recommend the most appropriate and cost effective alternatives; maintain current knowledge of new products and services.
-Develop, implement and communicate processes, policies and procedures, meaningful KPI's to help improve business. Develop strategies to drive initiatives and obtain maximum results.
- Resolve invoicing discrepancies and supplier payment issues with suppliers and applicable departments.
- Provide financial investment requirements based on sales forecasts.
- Manage inventory velocity through monitoring inventory levels to improve efficiency of material flow (inventory turns, freight cost, and space constraints)
- Direct the timely and accurate preparation of various reports as required and determined by senior management.
- Create and manage project plans, assist in development and execution of sales forecasts.
- Oversee the management of a select group of products including maintaining purchase order delivery information with suppliers both manually and in the Material Resource Planning (MRP/DRP) database.
- Good understanding of customs and logistics and manufacturing environments.
- Demonstrate capability to find, and develop new sources and technology.
- Ability to demonstrate a confident communication style, outstanding negotiation skills and a can do personality.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize and maintain a high standard of services and client satisfaction.
- Ability to handle high pressure, high volume and to work in a collaborative, deadline-driven environment.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and a can-do attitude, creative approaches to problem solving, flexibility, adaptability and team oriented skills.
- Strong customer focus, interpersonal and proven relation building skills.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication. English fluency required.
- Flexible to dynamic work schedule required.
- Ability and willingness to travel globally as required.
- Preferred affiliations/accreditations: APICS/CPIM, PMAC/CPP, MBA
- 5-10 years of management experience in Purchasing and Materials Management in the food, beverage or pharmaceutical industry
- Proven experience in Global Low Cost Sourcing
- Experience with MRP/DRP/ERP systems, JIT and inventory management systems (i.e. Kanban)
- Proficient with MS Office, including MS Project, Power Point, Excel, Access and Word.
To apply for this position please visit our website www.zagglobal.com and visit our join us section.