This is a full time position.
Our Company is looking for an Experienced Senior Legal Assistant. One who has experience in litigation, employment, corporate structuring, collection procedures, government and business law. You will be working with a creative and highly intelligent entrepreneur and a dynamic leadership group who requires the experience of a senior level professional to manage on-going legal proceedings as well as assist with other corporate and commercial legal matters.
The successful candidate will be a quick learner, a team player, have the ability to work in a fast paced work environment, and a desire to spend time organizing all legal counterparts, including liaising with and obtaining legal advice with and from outside Counsel, in preparing court materials, recommending plans of actions and managing legal budgets.
You will immediately be required to liaise with the companies lawyers, manage existing litigation matters, control legal budgets, do the ‘leg work’ with supervision from the companies lawyers and ensure quality control while maintaining company legal objectives. This may include preparing responses to trial applications, examinations of discoveries etc., ensuring the t’s and I’s are taken care of on any and all legal binding documentation. Other responsibilities could include establishing and ensuring compliance with corporate structure, trademark research.
If you are driven by common sense, love creating and maintaining structure and discipline in an entrepreneurial environment, and if you have worked for a law firm within the last decade, preferably in multiple areas, you’re the right type of candidate we’d love to hear from.
- Legal Assistant / Paralegal Education
- A minimum of 5 years law office experience
- Experience with Family Law, Taxation Law and SRED is an asset.
- Understanding and desire to help induce alternative dispute resolutions
- Experience with trademark, patent or intellectual property law will also be a strong asset, but not necessary as you the type who is not afraid of doing the due diligence needed to ensure all is done right the first time.
Competency and Skill Set:
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with our CEO and CFO, the executive team, and our external partners
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Experience in conducting negotiations and following through to ensure all loose ends are tied up
- Excellent client relation skills are a must-have
- Creative thinking; outside the box while ticking the boxes, and finding the loop holes to ensure endeavors are possible before jumping in… problem solving skills are a must have as our in-house legal go to.
Please apply online at http://zagglobal.com/apply.html.